Unironically the greatest conqueror who ever lived

>When faced by the Sultan and his 120 war elephants in 1398, Timur ordered his terrified, fleeing men to dismount and load their camels with as much hay as possible. As soon as the elephants started their charge, Timur’s force set their mounts on fire and prodded them toward the enemy.

>Strangely not a monumental mistake, the sight of the burning camels was enough to spook the elephants and send them back into the Indian front-line. The Indian army was trampled by their own elephants, which were equipped with chain mail and poisoned tusks, allowing Timur an easy victory. He was also able to replace his camels with 120 elephants, which he used later in his invasion of India.

>Invasion of Timur in 1398
>Timur,the conqueror from central Asia was influenced by the surpassing riches of India and the duty of 'Holy War' against the infidels/kafirs. The main objective of Timur to invade India was to 'lead a campaign against infields and convert them to true faith as per command of his religion' and to purify this land from misbelief and overthrow the temples and idols placed inside them.

>Crossing Punjab, reached Delhi almost unopposed, defeated Sultan. More than 100000 Hindus were taken as prisoners, women were stationed with his horsemen, raped and tortured. Later he ordered to slain all the men in cold blood, women taken as slaves.

>Later, invaded present day Meerut, Haridwar where he faced stiff resistance. In following year, he left for his capital-Amu Darya, and built a grand mosque named Bibi Khanym, after his wife, at Samarkand, Uzbekistan with the looted gold, precious stone(laden on about 105 elephants) from India.

>pic related: his descendants' empire

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/12/20/bollywood-stars-give-their-newborn-son-the-controversial-name-of-a-brutal-islamic-conqueror/?utm_term=.a8b75ceaafbe
books.google.com/books?id=KfwFEEhgdSUC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_atb#v=onepage&q&f=true
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Also,

>this triggers the Pajeet

>Southern India
Does this place trigger every Indian empire?

Timur doesn't trigger Pajeets.

His great grandson however and the dynasty he built pisses off the Indian Far Right.

Subutai and Genghis were better.

washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/12/20/bollywood-stars-give-their-newborn-son-the-controversial-name-of-a-brutal-islamic-conqueror/?utm_term=.a8b75ceaafbe

>Boycott all movies by Saif Ali khan and Kareena Kapoor. Naming kid Taimur is like naming your kid Hitler. Taimur was even worse than Hitler.

>Silly outrage.I mean who doesn't want to name their child after brutal Muslim invader who presided over rape/slaughter of infidels? #Taimur

He didn't conquer the Southernmost tip?

Also Sri Lanka.

>literally muh ancestors

India only got stronger from each subsequent invasion

Everything looks better under Islamic rule desu
Even Europeans in India used Muslim architecture as an example

These seem a little nit picky

This is why Europe should be under Islamic rule.

I don't even like islam but everything is an improvement over Hinduism. Literally a religion that worships monkeys and rats and cows, with people drinking cow piss, burning widows and swimming among rotten corpses.

Cursed image

>christians
>jews
>atheists
>muslims
uhh sweetie you're missing someone

Timur is based but why did he have to attack the ottomans?

The Ottomans are just everyone's favorite punching bag.

Sad desu. Timur could have turned china into a graveyard and ruled its remains while the ottomans pushed further west without the interregnum disrupting their momentum. Also without him fucking up the tatars they could have held the russians longer in check. Again turks are their own worst enemies.

kek holy fucking shit pajeets

Because Bayezid(the Ottoman emperor) was insulting Timur. Not only that, Syria and Egypt were talking shit to Timur as well and wouldn't succumb to his rule and would keep revolting, but once he defeated Bayezid the Egyptians and the Syrians sent messages to Timur asking for mercy and became his tributary/vassal states. So it wasn't fighting the Ottomans for the sake of it, he also became the central figure in the Islamic world as a result.

I really want him to have another son and name him Winston

My knowlwedge of Tamerlane is criminally poor

books.google.com/books?id=KfwFEEhgdSUC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_atb#v=onepage&q&f=true

you're welcome

greatest(if not, one of the) general of all time.
>t. byproduct of Mongol invasion of Persia(Hazara)
is a bit picky, don't think compete islam rule would be best
very cruel and successful, but a LARPer too. I recall a story of one of his battles I was told:
>be Central Asian askar
>see mighty forces approaching, clearly attacking
>have more than three times as much as their army size
>better report to the king
>tell Timur huge army approaching, but terribly small in comparison to great leader Timurs
>see him get a hard on
>he grins(or he was really angry since he hates them, I don't remember)
>"u-uh, my king, what should we do?"
>"bring the entire army all out"
>bait them in
>they never see it coming
>ohshitifuckedup.jpg moment
>mfw thousands of bodies hit the floor
>mfw it's literally raining blood from enemies
>mfw when puddles of blood
>he says, "don't ever fuck with me" to both allies and enemies

>tfw everyone in asia are descended from mongol rape babies

k

Timur was good at only killing and robbing. He had to reinstall his rule in places that he previously "conquered". Genghis Khan and Timur's descendant Babur were far superior conquerors because they actually had a talent for administering their annexed territories.

I do like how Timur thrashed the Ottomans and gave the Byzantines an extra 50 years of life however. Bayezid's Serbian wife had to serve Timur naked while Bayezid was forced to watch.

I hate this mongnigger. He fucked up the ismailis for no reason.

No he didn't?

>when you are the only leader to repeatedly btfo the original Mongol invasions, only for your retarded descendants to shit the bed against the Mongols descendents

Another story says that bayezid and he became good friends.

He sure did, filthy Shia deserved it.

Fug off Abdul wahab

And he mourned at the news of Bayezid's death

Zoroastrians?