Imagine if you will, the perfect peoples

Imagine if you will, the perfect peoples.
A nation that blends the analytical Germanic mind with the romantic Latins imagination, a symphony of science and art blended into a cacophony of brilliance.
A peoples who bend steel and coal into raw power, who sail from sea to sea, and who's power could have only been bestowed by almighty God.
Who are both shopkeepers and the masters of the north African shores.
Royalist and rebels.
Masters of English earth and sea and sky.
Such a breed of mighty men, who stride from the Cape to Cairo, from their island keep they guard and sleep ready to do battle for freedom.
I tell you now my friends, the Tiber is reborn on the Thames.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MpyWpBdd-tY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_of_India
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Where is that quote from?

Me

>I tell you now my friends, the Tiber is reborn on the Thames.
As a fellow Englishman i implore you not to LARP as the successor to Rome.

We iz rome

Every day I wish I was born English.

This.
Very cringey.
It's pretty funny how so many countries have done it though

No you don't.

To be fair. The British empire, unlike most European empires, never LARPd as Romans

Yeah, they were pretty good when they lasted. Too bad all of the "mighty" stock left for the colonies and the "brilliance" was killed in the wars.

Yes I do. But more than that I wish the Empire still existed and be based on al explicitly anglo-celtic base. A worldwide imperial supremacy of the anglo Saxon race, while still retaining its comfy, local traditions like Morris dancing, fish and chips, pubs, maypoles, anglican choir music, green fields, fox hunting,...

Yea Yea I am an edgy larping teen I know.

Where are you from user?

>like Morris dancing, fish and chips, pubs, maypoles, anglican choir music, green fields, fox hunting,...

This all still exists in my community. It's not that it's been forced out. People just aren;t as interested in shit like Morris Dancing anymore.

>A worldwide imperial supremacy of the anglo Saxon race,

Fuck off with racist horseshit.

no

Anglo here.
This was cringey and not history related at all

Belgium, Flanders

Not much of an imperialist, but stuff like the white australia policy, no mass immigration to the uk,... not expansionist, but worldwide anglo Saxon military/economic cooperation and cultural exchange sort of thing.

As I said, Im just a teaboo with a lot of imagination. Besides that, I've been creating alternative histories and countries as long as I can remember.

That's only true for the English nobility, the French and German invaders never mixed with the Native Cheddarmen.

>but stuff like the white australia policy, no mass immigration to the uk,... not expansionist, but worldwide anglo Saxon military/economic cooperation and cultural exchange sort of thing.

I'm inclined to agree with you, on the basis that I do deeply enjoy my country's culture and the rest of the Anglosphere's culture. There's a certain cozyness to the interconnceted families, shared history and relatively simple lives of all these people.

That said, I can't help but feel that it's sort of on the way out. Not because of immigrants, but just natural economic and technological change. Generic suburban homes, no real community connection.

You can still find it if you go to the rural parts of the UK, like in Cornwall or Somerset, but the low economic mood and aging population of the place makes it all feel rather grim. Like there's a weird stench of death to the whole thing, and none of it will be here in 20 years.

My father will have experienced it, and so will his father, but I'll see the backend of it. It's something sad to see, really. I did some work as a teacher at my old primary school, and the saddest thing was them removing hymns from assemblies.

No one wants it, but equally, no one has the energy to stop it.

Ultimately, it is the mythical Merry England that I think you and I cherish a lot. The pub, the comfy parish church, roast beef, full breakfast, regional dialects, football, green pastures, thatched cottages, folk tales like Robin hood, king Arthur, lambton worm,....

But yea, it is gone forever, if it ever truly existed. Even without immigration it would be dead/dying. Global consumerist neoliberalism makes short work of any culture.

>But yea, it is gone forever, if it ever truly existed. Even without immigration it would be dead/dying. Global consumerist neoliberalism makes short work of any culture.

Oh, we settled into this dystopia rather comfortably. The average European gave up their culture for mindless consumerism and instant entertainment in the mid 70's.

Neoliberalism, like you said, does more than erode anything that cannot be profitted from like a blood sucking leech. It's caused us to cahnge our values, since we live in such a competitive economy where the average person's future is no longer set in stone. It's been this way since we rejected conservative social democracy for blairism. We gave up all we had willingly, and we're all beginning to regret it.

"In a nation that was proud of hard work, strong families, close-knit communities, and our faith in God, too many of us now tend to worship self-indulgence and consumption. Human identity is no longer defined by what one does, but by what one owns. But we’ve discovered that owning things and consuming things does not satisfy our longing for meaning. We’ve learned that piling up material goods cannot fill the emptiness of lives which have no confidence or purpose."

Ultimately, the only way to save our culture is a drastic rework of the economic system.

We all have different ideas, and the far-left and far-right in a way have similar goals. But all I can say is that time is running out.

Why do the British have a persistent, nigh single minded need to believe themselves uniquely blessed among the nations?

Because God is on our side

Because we are.

Beautiful.

I feel you, Flembro. I'm a Yankee, even have near-complete British blood, but I'll never be British. I'd always be an Amerimutt.

Dude, consider yourself lucky. I am a bong and I would give anything to live in America.

Why? We had, in the first place, much less culture, but at least we had some. And now it's dead. Immigrants from Germany, Italy, and so many other places, combined with niggers and spics, and modern consumerism have killed it all.
It's terrible. At least we still have our guns and stuff now, and a bit more conservatism, but it won't last.

Imagine Americans but more outwardly polite and infinitely more smug.

This is so comfy

The country. The incredible nature. The optimism and feeling of being able to do anything. It's systemic in the culture.

>Morris dancing, fish and chips, pubs, maypoles, anglican choir music, green fields, fox hunting,...
gay

>le rude americans meme

bleh

Beautiful, brings a tear to the eye, thanks user

*blocks your path*

Because they surpassed the Roman empire.

>tfw you will always be a filthy amerimutt
FUCK WHY WASN'T I BORN BRITISH!

>tfw a mere quarter of your Ancestry is of the founding English stock of America
life is TRULY UNFAIR

It's not even that. Muh genetic test shows that I'm 94% British cause I'm descended from Southern crackers.
It's just infuriating that Brits have all this wonderful history and culture while I'll always just be a cultureless yank.
I can literally think of no other place comparing in comfyness to these small rural British villages that have been there since the Saxons first arrived.

>tfw over 80% is of Old-Stock
Feels good.
>tfw that Old-Stock isn't back in Britain
Feels bad.

And now their on par with the Italians.

Good job in the last 50 years there.

I feel what you mean. As I am growing older I see friends of mine moving around and leaving where we grew up, and I think that the US population is extremely mobile as people move to wherever the best jobs are and such. As a result people are far more rootless than they once were, and as all culture sort of emerges from the landscape we don't really cultivate any anymore at the expense of being richer than we ever were.
Sometimes I wonder what differentiates a New Englander from a Californian, it just seems so trivial. Like were I live there is no authentic native population, it's just constant waves of tourist people that try to half halfheartedly replicate the ideal of what living here should be long after the authentic residents left a century ago

good post

And just moving really won't help, either, huh?

I dislike you, regards, son of liberty.

Nations go from strength to strength over the course of millennia. What was may come around.

So any moment now for the Greeks, Egyptians, Italians, and Mongols?

I think not. They had their time in the sun and it set at the end of WW2 never to rise again. The advantages which made them a great power are irrelevant now.

Good post

>As a fellow Englishman i implore you not to LARP as the successor to Rome.

I'm technically the Emperor. London is definitely my capital.

youtube.com/watch?v=MpyWpBdd-tY

>When signing off Indian business, the reigning British King-Emperors or queen-empress used the initials R I (Rex/Regina Imperator/Imperatrix) or the abbreviation Ind. Imp. (Indiae Imperator/Imperatrix) after their name (while the one reigning queen-empress, Victoria, used the initials R I, the three consorts of the married king-emperors simply used R).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_of_India

Sounds like larping to me

>tfw Britain, Germany and Russia died after 1914
>tfw you will never go back in time to stop the WW1

English people suck at building liveable cities though, housing in UK is awful conpared to standards in Germany.

why not? everyone does it.

You don't know the half of it.
Getting a house in London? It'd be cheaper and easier to buy a castle in Scotland.
Trying to get to work in London?
I hope you planned to walk
Need somewhere to park?
That'd be £5000 sir

Why bother with London?

If you want to make it big