Cigarettes

Friendly reminder that Jeanne Calment, the longest living human ever, smoked cigarettes every day from the age of 21 to 177.

Remember not to fall for the "smoking is bad for you" meme and enjoy a couple of cigarettes before / after your workout today

thats all thanks guys

Other urls found in this thread:

worldlifeexpectancy.com/indonesia-lung-cancers
Veeky
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

*117 not 177

t. marlboro

> Some of her close family members also lived an above-average lifespan, although none lived anywhere near as long as Jeanne: her older brother François lived to the age of 97, her father to six days shy of 93, and her mother to 86.

G E N E T I C S
E
N
E
T
I
C
S

True story: my grandmother used to rail against smoking and drinking, claiming that she was going to live a long life because she never smoked once.

She died of cancer from talcum powder, which she used every day.

Also, let me assert that car exhaust has probably given more people cancer than cigarettes.

The point is we encounter lots of obviously bad shit for our bodies and on a daily basis, and the vilification of cigarettes isn't justified in light of it.

Not a smoker, just saying anti-smoking rhetoric is really myopic.

Smoking is bad is the shittiest big Pharma meme. Veganism is almost as bad.

>what are statistics

Misunderstand, misrepresent and ignore them at your peril.

Yeah I've seen plenty of old folks who still smoke and it seems the general consensus among them is to not inhale.

Statistics are a shit argument because they don't account for lifestyle, diet or genetics. Show me one example of a smoker with lung cancer without a genetic predisposition to it.

I smoke cigars when I archieved goals

Couple cigarettes and coffee are god tier to suppress appetite on a cut.

friendly reminder that the only people who still smoke are the poor and uneducated

This is what smoking does to you.

which is evident in this post for example

>it seems the general consensus among them is to not inhale.

Then what is the point? That's the only way you're going to get a nic-hit from a cigarette. They aren't like cigars.

>education still means something
wow people who are better at obeying their teachers will obey social guidelines more often, shocking reveal.

>"""""""""""""truth"""""""""""""".org

Mike Pence pls go

Excepting, of course, the fact that smoking has a clear and significant negative effect on immediate quality of life as well as long-term health outcomes in 100% of cases, including but not limited to massively decreased cardiovascular function, the yellowing and loss of teeth, impaired mental function and that horrible funky smell all of you disgusting smokers have.

You're a fucking idiot and Veeky Forums is not the right board for you, especially if you think the fact that we encounter bad shit on a day-to-day basis somehow means we should encourage inflicting it on ourselves and others.

Go to a random pneumonology clinic and ask how many of the patients there smoke.
Bonus: Ask only cancer patients.

Smoking is obviously bad, but that user was just pointing out some contradictions, you sperg.

Moderation by ratio. Smoking is obviously bad for you, in excess proportions. So is drinking water to toxification. Same with eating carrots. Dudes, just be real with yourselves. Smoking a few cigarettes at a one party over the course of one month is not going to immediately disintegrate you to cancer. Fuck. Use your heads.

There aren't any contradictions you fucking fools. Clearly there is no correlation between smoking and death, just other genetic factors. If someone can smoke for so long and not get fucked clearly this is not causation.

You miss the whole point. The point is people rally hard and loud against smoking when there are dozens of causes of cancer everyone just ignores.

Where is the anti-talcum powder thread? The anti-car exhaust thread?

Is Veeky Forums really getting astroturfed by tobacco company shills now? I fucking hate 2017.

>if one person lives long while smoking it completely invalidates the millions of people who have died years early from lung cancer which they got through smoking.

Sure buddy.

>sedentary
>processed foods
>sugar
>fast food
>lifetime of stress
>car and other pollution
>chemicals in everything
>genetics

It's kinda hard to pinpoint the exact cause because correlation =!causation

Former smoker here. If you're a smoker and over the age of 16 every cigarette you have makes you feel disgusted for yourself and vow this pack will totally be your last

>Truth

Wew lad.

>oker and over the age of 16 every cigarette you have makes you feel disgusted for yourself and vow this pack will totally be your last

erm no?

You sound like you've been properly cucked by someone. I used to smoke too and agree the shits bad but it's also Hella enjoyable.

in an old playboy magazine

>Eric Lawson, the fourth man to portray the smoking cowboy, who appeared in Marlboro print ads from 1978 to 1981, died at the age of 72 on January 10, 2014, of respiratory failure due to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, or COPD.

dont be a retard

theres plenty of evidence that shows people who smoke are at increased risk of lung cancer

>great grandfather was gassed in WW1
>lived till 102
So Veeky Forums, why aren't you doing GOMAD (gallon of mustardgas a day)?

>Remember not to fall for the "smoking is bad for you" meme
Cigarettes are.Pipes and cigars can cause mouth issues over the long term. Snuff actually has no known long term side effects and is the safest way to consume tobacco.

>Remember not to fall for the "smoking is bad for you" meme

Actually...

Just a coincidence, goy.

Are you trying to imply smoking is some sort of free-thinking, non-sheeple rebellion shit?

damn, imagine how long he would have lived if he never smoked

really makes me think

Typical meme response that..

Also it's a she

Loser

Alright, so...the world-controlling mega jews/illuminati/reptilians wants us to stop smoking. Just for a laugh, what´s your theory about this? Smoking hampers their ability to control your mind, that it?

sure, not eating sat fats kills you faster.

>learning physics in university is all down to obeying your teacher

lol

People will always smoke but if you convince them it's bad they'll be more likely to spend even more on addiction aids (which tend not to work for Americans because they think it's magic medicine that doesn't require effort).

Friendly reminder that all smokers are getting cucked by tabacco jews.

You are paying absurd amounts of money to pump pure poison into your lungs.
There are no benefits to smoking. Maybe some superficial placebo effects that you are creating in your head to justify your stupidity.
Smoking wastes your money, time and health. Makes you stink and nonsmokers will look down on you like on a poor demented puppy.

You think smoking relaxes you? You are just stressed when not smoking cause of your addiction and smoking relieves that. There is nothing spiritual or intellectual about it. If you smoke to fit in with other people the you are a desperate person with no character.

Leave our /fit now. Reee.

>implying physics is difficult.

You were never going to make it anyway.

yeah, it is
>thinking physics is somehow learned differently than any other subject
t. B.S. Physics

Nice try, Shlomo. I won't fall for the "smoking is a great way to relax" and "spend $300 per month to look cool" memes.

That's retarded. Today, people don't even need to "quit" they can just use e-cigarettes. If not that, they can actually have some willpower and use the countless supplements to quit smoking. Smoking is dying overall, and the only people still doing it are old, edgy, or stupid.

>there are unironically people on Veeky Forums that like to smoke
Being addicted to the point of no return is the only excuse for consuming cigarettes.

Pretty narrow point of view, broslice. You might want to get off the internet a few hours a day now and then.

I'm an intern at a hospital, and there was recently a patient who was having horrible lung issues.

They squeezed out 300ml of tar from his lungs. I didn't see the process, but I was shown the end product. It was revolting.

Smoking's an unnecessary habit, it's never enjoyable the first couple of times, you need to persist to make it a habit and make your body reliant on the nicotine. It's pathetic.

>Truth.org is a Jewish conspiracy to help people quit smoking

>People will always smoke but if you convince them it's bad they'll be more likely to spend even more on addiction aids

>Friendly reminder that all smokers are getting cucked by tabacco jews

This is how paranoid and delusional /pol/ are.

>Smoking is dying overall, and the only people still doing it are old, edgy, or stupid.
no one in the world died because they smoked, they got another disease caused by cigarette abuse, most people that got cancer or any other bullshit disease are the ones that smokes three packs a day, my grandfather still smokes since he was 18, he is 89 now but he smokes something like 2 packs on a week

Survivorship bias
Fucking autist cig smoking mongrel thinking inhaling smoke from a burnt plant is not bad for your health

I love the argument of "i know somebody that didnt die yet".
Lets ignore the irrepairable damage it does to your lungs, heart, brain and circulation.

And a good poo

Yeah, and some people can run across traffic and manage to not get hit. You think the same will happen to you?

>irrepairable damage it does to your lungs, heart, brain and circulation.
what about the infinite amount of studies that shows that all the damage is repairable within time? also yeah, it harms some people and don't do shit to others, people react different to substances, but if cigarettes were as bad as media tells, most people that smoked regularly would die of cancer or a disease related to smoking with doesn't happen to everyone that smokes.

Have you actually seen any real studies?
Have you seen a smokers lung? Its fucked up beyond repair even without cancer.

Every smoker I've ever asked about this plus me thinks truth.org is a conspiracy

you can't repair scar tissue from your heart, kidneys and lungs caused from smoking.

Pls cite studies that show that COPD is reversible. Please cite studies indicating that smoking-related illnesses, typically lung disease, isn't the leading cause of preventable death in North America.
You'll be happy to read though that Indonesia, the country with the highest percentage of smoking adults has a relatively low rate of lung cancer deaths. worldlifeexpectancy.com/indonesia-lung-cancers

[citation needed]

Smoking is 100% bad for you, but damage done to your body can be recovered from in 20 or so years to that of a non-smoker. Maybe not top, ideal, etc, but you can get to a point where it's negligible.

>Hella
Kill yourself my man

Clearly the risk seems acceptable for you, I don't see the solace in saying that if a person quits now that in 20 years things will even out especially given how habbit-driven most human beings are.

mad

I think what he means is that obeying the teacher doesn't count for shit in an area of study where everything is either right or wrong. You can't bullshit your way through a physics degree just sucking the professor's dick

My ex is smoking a lot, a pack a day or more.
What can I expect in her health/appereance? I hate her so Im actually glady for her new habit. Bitch made me lost a year of gains with her lies and histeria

>know someone who died from withdrawal sickness

why the fuck do people who are 70+ want to quit shit? they are already fucked

>177

Smoking costs a lot of money over the years and decreases quality of life, wheezing, coughing, medical issues, yellowing of teeth/nails/skin and isn't good for lifters/atheletes.

Overall, I would not recommend.

Alcohol is pretty shit too Desu.

Playboy and Hustler used to have some good articles just 15 years ago, and no mistake.

Tbh, I haven't looked lately, but its a safe assumption they both went to shit.

Lmao $300 a week

REMINDER THAT PPL WHO ACTUALLY ACCOMPLISH SHIT IN SOCIETY SMOKE
PIC RELATED

>trying to be smart and failing this bad

Is this talent-less hack general?

People must know taking hot smoke into your throat and lungs isn't good for you, just look at a filter after you're done smoking

Saying that if you enjoy it who cares, who wants to live to 117, everyone he loved died years before, can't imagine what that's like

desu i've never seen an anti-smoking thread. this is a pro-smoking thread.

the response is the same as if there was a pro-exhaust huffing thread. you're dumb.

Fuck cigs
I have no more fucking cardio and now That I am finally getting laid I can't fucking cum.

That sounded edgy
But yeah I'm pissed

There's no way to know if you're predisposed to cancer. Family history can help but it's not a guarantee. Seems like a needless risk to me.

Meant

>t. Philip Morris

Did you guys run out of gas stations to put ads? You can put that shit on the top and bottom of the page, just go to Veeky Forums.org/contact and contact Hirohito

122 not 117

>anecdotal claim

Sorry not science

Op here.. I'm getting a bit of an ego boost from being called a shill.. I don't know what to say.. thank you ?

What's actually so good about smoking?

He's the exception obviously. Smoking cigs destroys/damages our cilia on our pseudostratified cilia columnar epithelial cells. Cilia is responsible for trapping all that bad shit we breathe in.

Stop smoking.

>Tfw I tell my fat little sister that smoking helps you lose weight in front of my mum just to wind her up
>5 years later she smokes a pack + a day and will probably die of lung cancer

haha... got her

my dad smoked since he was 12, he is 58 now and his lungs are cleaner than ever, 18 years without smoking

but physics IS difficult or at least it can be very complicated, not impossible but difficult nonetheless. Just happens to be that your school didn't want want to challenge you and never taught you beyond simple Newton laws.

LMFAO

>He's the exception obviously
>"Every day from the age of 22 to 177"
Are you retarded?

>Be a resident doctor

>Come to this thread.

I know you trolling but people actually believe some of it.

Smoking is one of the stupidest thing you can willfully do to yourself.