Water fast

>willpower to do it
>iron mindset
>clear mind

is a water fast the manliest thing you can do nowdays? I hear a lot of people talking about eating meat and being manly but eating nothing takes a lot more willpower and strength. So why haven't you tried it? Are you afraid?

Other urls found in this thread:

lipidlibrary.aocs.org/Biochemistry/content.cfm?ItemNumber=39187
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_oxidation
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0
youtube.com/watch?v=v9Aw0P7GjHE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ive done it, fasted for so long i started getting heart murmurs and couldn't sleep shit was manly as fuck

how long?

>heart murmurs

no, you had palpitations because you didn't supplement sodium and magnesium.

Bitch what the fuck are you talking aboot?

you fucking dumb?

how the hell do you survive on just water for more than 3 days?

I'm considering it for my next cut end of this month.
It seems like a better way of loosing weight compared to being constantly hungry for weeks.

By burning your fat reserves? You know that is why you have them in the first place.

what a silly post

>By burning your fat reserves? You know that is why you have them in the first place.
so you plan on literally starving yourself to near death?

that is not good.

are you serious?

Are you dumb?
Human body can go on for a long time without food. Salt, minerals and some vitamins as supplements should be sufficient to keep your body in peak performance for a week or more.

>starving

kids in africa are starving. Fasting is actually proven to be beneficial as it gives your intestines a break.

You do know that you have to, technically, starve to lose weight, right?

can't you lose weight like goddamned normal people through diet and some cardio instead of trying to imitate bear grylls in the fucking desert and expose yourself to health risks?

>diet
fasting is a diet faggot

>cardio
fuck no

fasting is the natural way to lose weight lol

>I starve myself for extensive amounts of time, losing my muscle
>but i can't do cardio cuz it kills gainz lmao lol

>losing my muscle
Do you though?
Muscle doesn't just vanish that fast just as it isn't build up that fast.

yer a fucknig fanny m8

yes, your muscles love food, that's why you eat extra calories and protein to make muscle, without those, bye bye muscles. tard.

shut up you faggot stop trying to kill newfags falling for memes

Fasting isn't a meme.
I do think KETO is objectively better though in every single way.

You do know that you can achieve that on a deficit instead, right?

>how the hell do you survive on just water for more than 3 days?
Everyone can do that. 3 days without WATER is when most people are in a dangerous condition or maybe even die. Most people can go 3-8 weeks without food. If you're really fat you might be able to go half a year or longer without food.

before you lose muscles you lose fat and you use dead BCAA from your body to maintain musclesmass.

but besides the consistent hunger you have on a 500kcal defecit and and that the only way not to lose muscles is to consume a huge amouth of protein.

its likely just adrenaline

Are you currently not consuming huge amounts of protein?

Doesn't your body just break down muscle instead of fat if you haven't eaten recently, because muscle is more difficult for it to maintain?

MAN

I did this for 7 days and then I got a kidney stone. Fuck this shit

you got a kidney stone from not eating food and drinking water?

I think it was from supplementing salt and magnesium more than anything. People said that electrolytes were important for a week or more so I put a small amount in my water. I don't know what else could have caused it.

yeah im not sure about supplements. Putting salt into water seems like nothing harmful but yeah

>this meme again

Fat is reserved energy and is useless outside that but muscle is needed to survive, your body is not so retarded that it would burn muscle before fat.

Yes, also if i remember correctly, fat is more difficult to burn than muscle because you need ATP (aka, energy) to initiate the reaction that actually burns it. In normal condition, you would use the sugar in your blood / liver, if you water fast for enough time you will consume it and the only way to burn fat is by destroying the muscle first

this is applied if you eat food and on a coloric defecit but not if you fast.

Correct. Please stop promoting eating disorders on a fitness board.

the fuck is that suppose to mean? Beta oxidation of fatty acid need energy, your body cannot simply skip a reaction "because i'm fasting, bro". So either i got this all wrong or you need to elaborate that

Some random sources.
lipidlibrary.aocs.org/Biochemistry/content.cfm?ItemNumber=39187
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_oxidation

Water fast is fine. Do it for 24 hours every so often. A quarter of the planet manages to do every year for a month, and that's without water let alone with.

Am currently on a hard IF cut (net 1200 per day, so actually consume more but adjust for training). Eat all my calories in one go every 24 hours. Then just tea/coffee or water.

>hi, i suck at running and am too much of a bitch to get good at it

are you retarted? what does this game to do with fasting in generel? read up what fatty acids are

>calling people retarded
>ignoring the question
>ignoring the link i provided
>not providing a single source about his argument
Yep, i'm the one who should look into what fatty acids are.

ever heard about keto?

Guess what your body does when it fast, it get in ketosis and burn fats.

We are talking about water fasting, keto as far as i know cut all carbohydrates but still keeps some protein in the diet, so i don't really understand how os this supposed to help your argument. With keto, you use the aminoacid in the diet to start the reaction that burn fat, with water fasting you are forced to use your muscles

You use paper to start the fire but when the fire is ongoing you don't need to put paper in it, but logs. It's the same thing with burning fat.

Watch this and stop arguing
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

youtube.com/watch?v=v9Aw0P7GjHE

Currently about 40 hours water fasted, have just put half a teaspoon of salts into a glass of water last night. Drank around 4 litres yesterday, coming close again already today.

Will I hit an immense wall later today or tomorrow? Perhaps, but I think not. I IMF already for 2 years, only eating between 15:00 and 20:00 so I don't get hunger pangs until around 16:00 but so far no problem. Taught an aerobics class yesterday morning, did some low weight high rep training. Today I'm just lazing around, went for a few hour walk in the sun. Tomorrow biking to and from work (1hr each way) teaching that class again etc.

Had blood work done Friday, and have used one of those BF% impedance things 5 days in a row to get my average. Last meal was Sunday evening. Having more bloodwork done before I break the fast to track changes.
Following this, next Monday I'll break the fast but stick to a strict keto of under 30g carbs/day.

Feeling great so far, mainly just bored. My stomach and guts aren't craving food but my mouth wants textures and flavours.

Anyone else?

>Taught an aerobics class
>teaching that class again
anyone who's allegedly fit already and yet committed to fast one whole week "and then hop on keto" just for the sake of it without diabetes or other medical issue is batshit insane. Even more if he/she has aerobic classes most days of the week while enjoying this non-diet. Hopefully you're just larping.

>A quarter of the planet manages to do every year for a month, and that's without water let alone with.
You're pretty confused about Ramadan. There's a large meal before dawn and large meals after sunset. It's IF at best.

I was most inspired by the classic quote of "It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the strength and beauty of which his body is capable"
I figure I have tons of fun playing around with putting my body to extremes (I love heat and cold shock, I've been to Kala Patthar/Everest Base Camp, as said I already enjoy being fasted and fasted training)
So why not track this meticulously like a proper clinical experiment? Keeping a journal of mood, daily activities, alertness etc. without changing up my daily schedule.

Why not play with your body and see what it's capable of?

This is fucking awesome, thank you user