Visual Snow

Anyone here have visual snow? I randomly got this shit like a year ago, and while I can ignore it and forget I have it 90% of the time it's still kind of annoying.

Who else here /visualsnow/?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Y6e_m9iq-4Q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_field_entoptic_phenomenon
amazon.ca/Feeling-Unreal-Depersonalization-Disorder-Loss/dp/0195385217
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just the floaters

I have this constantly. Is there a way to make it stop?

I don't have the snow or afterimage, just the floaters. Had them for as long as I can remember.

But having afterimage of high contrast picture is normal.

I do, but my optometrist said its normal and everyone has it

A level trolling OP

Very very faintly when i'm sober, a lot when i get high. Very noticable in the dark too.

Anyone know the cause? I always guessed this is normal.

I've got the fast flicker since my mid-teens. My nutrition was really bad for quite a few years back then, maybe that's what caused it.

It's only really noticeable when I close my eyes or look at an evenly coloured wall.

All I have is the floaters, its only one and I only notice it when I look at the sky and actually look for it
What causes it?

Do you by any chance drink homemade moonshine?

When you squint your eyes you can see your cells in HD

I have it really bad. Tracers too. Look up HPPD If you've ever done any psychedelics, it's fairly common.

I've had it my entire life, but conking my head almost one year ago now, then like a month later after getting stomach flu or something, I woke up one day and it was just way, way worse. It's hell. I have everything. The major visual snow, floaters, random spots, starbursts, light sensitivity, tracers. I wish I didn't conk my head so fucking badly. Doctors can't do anything about it. I fucking hate them.

My visual snow lessens to the point where it's barely there if I practice mindfulness

It was part of depersonalization disorder for me, which mindfulness can cure. It could be a sign that you too have dpdr.

I'm not trolling, I for real have dots dancing in my vision all the time. it's annoying when I notice it.

Got it along with my depersonalization disorder about three years ago following a bad acid trip. Shit sucks, but I can confirm mindfulness does help.

My twin brother and I have it so I thought it was normal until I was like 16

If you have visual snow, the afterimages are more vivid and last longer

Why won't you see a doctor? This seem like retina problem

I have, there is no cure out there. It's more likely that it is an issue in the vision center of the brain.

youtu.be/Y6e_m9iq-4Q

maybe you see high energy particles, like some fucking reptilian

no, it's a hypermetabolism of some part of the brain and doctors can't do anything about it.

it's hell on earth. the light sensitivity is so bad that you NEED to wear sunglasses outside on a sunny day or your eyes will become too sore or dry to open at all. I have to keep my monitor at the lowest brightness and low contrast. This all happened out of nowhere waking up one night.

do you see better at night or are there no positives?

My God I've had it all my life and my eye doctor refuses to Google it. He thought I was lying. Combined with an astigmatism and blue eyes (make it too easy to see floaters etc) my eyesight is concerningly untreatable.

No but my mom was caught drinking when pregnant.

you see worse at night... the visual snow is seen perfectly, so it's like an analog tv filter over your vision. add in the tracers, starburts, random spots or whatever, and I basically am legally blind in any low light area.

too bad nobody recognizes it and i can't get literally any benefit like "real" blind people can.

well, that sucks. since you know the reason, the issue is researched. I doubt you will find advice on it here though.

You're all fucking mental.

hopefully you get it.

I can live with it if it doesn't get worse. My sight is getting worse. I distinctly t go to the eye doctor ever since glasses never help do I dunno if it's my eyeballs getting worse "normally" or if it's the snow progressing. Glad you have it too OP. I've mentioned it on Veeky Forums a few times and have never got any responses.

Oops a lot of typos in my post. I mean t to say glasses don't work. Have had it since I can remember BTW.

This, I think mine comes from psychedelics I did in college.

I've had visual snow for as long as I can remember, always thought everyone had it until I talked about it to friends and they thought I was crazy.

I don't get what everyone's bitching about, I think it's fucking cool and wouldn't get rid of it if given the chance, maybe mine doesn't interfere with my vision as much.

because yours is the basic bitch version that a lot of people have. people ITT have levels that fuck with your quality of life.

Being outside in bright lights makes my snow fade away. Lower ambient light makes it worse.

ditto, but the light sensitivity and tracers and after images makes it fucking awful anyway.

That sucks man

Floaters are debris inside your eyes,

The moving white/rainbow dots are white blood cells moving through the capillaries in your eyes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_field_entoptic_phenomenon

You can use them to do a white blood cell count.

I don't know much about visual snow, but most every surface I look at has waves of static flowing across it. I think it's caused in the brain.

Have any of you done LSD?

no

I get really weird after images.
Just from looking at an object briefly, 1-2 seconds, I look away and I see it's after image superimposed on my field of vision every time I blink.

Also a new thing is whenever I wake up in the morning, when I first open my eyes I see a network of black branches all over my vision for like half a second, I guess it's the veins in my eyeballs or something, no idea why I can see them for half a second after waking up.

Stop fapping, retard.

How did you fix depersonaliztion? I got it really bad about 15 months ago from sleeping about 2 hours a night for a month and it's slowly lessening but Im afraid I might be schizophrenic?

>waves of static

Sounds like VS. you're right that it's probably caused in the brain. Hopefully there will be a cure one day.

I have it too. I brought it up to my psychiatrist and now they think I'm schizophrenic. Mine starting happening right after high school, never done drugs or anything.

18 year migraine sufferer here. Visual snow can have a bunch of weird causes. Here's a rundown of the most common:

Not enough sleep or not enough good sleep

Tired or strained eyes

Low serotonin levels (this is very critical)

Dehydration

Really, you just have to learn to deal with the weird shit. It won't ever go away if you've got it, but if you learn what makes it get bad for you, you'll be able to fight it off.

I've had visual snow and tinnitus my whole life

wtf isn't seeing "noise" normal?

I have it.

I also have multiple sclerosis so idk

can confirm mindfulness helps. no evidence that there is any co-occurence with psychosis / schizophrenia or anything like that.

also this book was helpful
amazon.ca/Feeling-Unreal-Depersonalization-Disorder-Loss/dp/0195385217

I did.