/plg/ powerlifting general

the best program you havent heard of edition

For the purpose of preparing for competition in powerlifting, or for improving strength in the barbell movements.

Other urls found in this thread:

roguefitness.com/rogue-echo-lifting-belt
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I tried, but the setup is so fucking shitty that it doesn't work

I have to drag a bench to the squat rack so that I can do seated OHP and it's almost alwas taken because there's only one there
and what's worse it's not even a power rack

lol then just do standing OHP you dense or something

did you even fucking read my post? the ceiling is too low and I am 6'6'', I can only OHP an empty bar, any plates added hit the ceiling

Equipped lifting is a fucking joke

Calm down. Z press?

no power rack to do it safely

Kneeling ohp? A bit harder to brace but better than seated imo

Anybody actually run Cowboy Method? How is it?

I'm finishing up the Championship program from the same book. Kinda felt like the undulating periodization didn't really do much for me (probably would've been more useful on a cut)

At this point you are bitching like a little girl. Clean the bar and sit down on a bench or ask someone to deadlift it and give it to you on the floor

there are 2 guys in /plg/ who are on it now so expect results in 2 months or so

Where are /plg/ people from?

spen

Hellas

Flanders

Just posting a thick power-slut to keep panzer away.

Oh my

UNF

I've been doing TM for a month now, got 10kg on my squat, 15 on my deadlift and about 5 on bench
but
>last week I grinded out a 127,5 kg 5 rep max for squats
>this week I barely got 3 with 130
>same with bench, I did 95 last week and could only get 3 on 97,5
Is this normal? According to symmetricstrength both of them are weaker sets

My bench should be so much stronger.
I recorded it and my form is pretty damn good
I subconsciously perfected flaring my elbows too

I must just have too little muscle :c

Read the book, consult the TM help chart.

Sorry for the short answer but I've typed out this shit at least 20 times in long paragraphs throughout my years of browsing /plg/. Maybe one of the newer trips is still willing to explain to you the relation between VD and ID. Or you can just read Lascek's writings on TM and not have to ask anyone how to problem solve because you'll finally understand how the program functions in the first place.

Texas method lasted me 4,5 months before I failed a set of squat. Bench only for 2 increases before I failed a set. I just repeated those failed sets the next bench week and got them then.

s*rb

seriously read the book, a lof of great info on there theres a whole chapter dedicated to TM

the book is "Practical Programming for Strength Training" right

not him btw

I prefer Justin Lascek's "The Texas Method (part 1)". At least for running TM. Rippetoe's PPST is more useful in general though.

How can I improve my arch?

This is my maximum arch I can seem to physically do

>get feet towards more back than usual
>grab the bar
>pull yourself up towards it
>get your shoulders down and back
>get down on the bench

get feet more backwards*

increase thoracic mobillity

That is actually exactly how I set up

One thing though, my knees always seem to cave inwards. Any thoughts on correcting this? I point my heels as outwards as possible for reference.

how?

google how to increase thoracic mobillity

Bit of a waste of time m8, innit? I get a shopping list of stretches and no real guidance to thorac mobility related to bench pressing.
A little more helpful if you had experience and could share what worked for you.

do you breathe in very deep and focus on bringing your chest towards the bar? can you drag your feet backwards more ?

>how?
foam roller ;^)

Gain control over your spine. Once you can focus on arching your upper and lower back seperately, spend a lot of time trying to arch your upper back. Use objects e.g. propping something under your upper back while lying on the floor, or lie across a bench perpendicularly and use the bench to hinge your upper back around. Scoot up/down to target different areas.
While doing any of this, make sure you're stretching the upper back and not overcompensating poor mobility by rotating your pelvis.

i dont know any because ive been pretty mobile from the start but I do know that stretching the lats mainly will help

Is this part of the thing where you pin your shoulders back down while holding the bar?
I think I do it subconsciously but now I'm not too sure.

As for feet I don't think I could bring them much further back and have my ass on the bench, they are around the hips I believe.

Awesome, thank you, will do.

posting thicc strongman to keep the autistic wlers and plers away

Reminder that lifting with friends > lifting alone

Opinions?
roguefitness.com/rogue-echo-lifting-belt

this is the exact opposite of true

back to gym in a couple weeks after a 3 month hiatus.

190lbs
previous maxes
squat 385
bench 290
deadlift 435

was running GZCL. should i go back to that?

also where are the trips?

i think they're referring to this chart.

in your case, if this chart is right, both your squat and bench VDs are too little volume and need more volume to drive up the ID.

otherwise, you'd need to change the rep pattern of ID to 2 triples, 3 doubles, 5 singles etc., i guess every two or so weeks.

what i don't understand tho is - how do you go back to 1 set of 5 after you've gone down to 5 singles?

sorry forgot to post pic related

funny thing from this chart is how do you define easy/medium/hard/very hard?

hope some RPE or other explanation was given, like for ex. Hard = grind; very hard = missed reps etc.

No, you keep pushing the ID with each rep scheme until you can't.

>I don't understand
Deload to around where your last 5 RM was, maybe a bit lighter

Start again with the same weight you failed when you get back to 1x5

F

>how do you go back to 1 set of 5 after you've gone down to 5 singles?
it says in the book that you taper and go for a new max and start over with 1x5

well, yeah, that, but also focus on the chest as well, take a deep breath and try expanding your chest as much as you can
imagine a hand on it and try pushing it up with your sternum while keeping your shoulders locked and your back on the bench

arching more will help bring your chest towards the bar more as well, so focus that daily
do starting stretching every day, even when not lifting, and maybe some yoga or whatnot for your upper body/spine (trust me it's not a meme)

alright, the feet are good then

hard= RPE ~8
very hard= RPE ~10

>F

no need for f. bennis back bby! hes going to btfo everyone in september at the DL championship

>you taper and go for a new max
guess that in practice means what others said: change reps scheme.

>No, you keep pushing the ID with each rep scheme until you can't.

so when is the actual time to add volume to VD?

>so when is the actual time to add volume to VD?
when you asses that the 5x5 isnt providing enough stimulus for you to progress on ID

you could add a set or two at the same weight or drop the weight and do higher reps

dude just read the book im just citing whats in there

then is it normal that already has these issues after only 1 month of TM?

if I was that guy I would definitely add volume

cutting, my conventional deadlift has dropped about 30lbs or more but my sumo feels better than ever and might actually be passing my conventional (5 years pulling conventional, 2 months pulling sumo)

considering switching styles, benefits of going full sumo meme?

rude

>only hit 190 for 2

SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Trip on Panzer

I dont really understand why you goofballs go sumo without even training for a meet

you have to understand that sumo trains LESS due back angle and ROM. Why would you want to train less. Train is the keyword here

Actually I know the answer; ego
>inb4 you should practice it anyway or w/e
the movement is so simplistic that you could slowly switch to it when training for a meet within 2-3 weeks

@42027550
0/10 bait

you're pretty wrong on most of these points, though

sumo trains less lower back but involves more knee extension, and most people can generally handle more volume with sumo

>only hit 190 for 2

SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

its the oddest thing I cant use my regular browser anymore I have to use an incognito window because for some reason my regular tabs wont update the catalog on any board

its bizarre

I knew you would be the first one to respond since youre pro cutting rom when training

>he thinks the lack of back involvement is compesated by a slight increase in knee flexion
lmao, youre just looking for confirmation bias right now

you can handle more volume because the back angle is less taxing on your spine. the range of motion is cut so much you train waaaaay less

A lot of the pro's do actually this. Off season they do the most ROM possible and when they train for a meet they slowly cut ROM until the're at their competition stance/grip w/e. But hey dont listen to me just do sumo because you like egolifting

>a guy named Fat Retard thinks its a good idea to cut rom when training
pottery

@42027606
Sumo is also a more technical lift that requires more practice than conventional. You can't just switch two weeks out lmao.

what's your best conventional? if it's not as good as mine your opinion is worthless to me

oh yeah sure just like max grip on the bench requires more technique than a medium or clsoe grip right. Ur a retard like your name says stop posting

>the ''sport'' of pl
>technical
lmaoo

there is bacon stuck in my teeth and I dont want to get up from my desk to go floss

help

@42027628
0/10

use your fingers and pick it out

>training sumo with a flat back and technique

>ow my back on conventional
>switch to sumo
>back is practically vertical
>ow my back on sumo

:( I say we just ban DL t b h

I use sumo, even for SLDLs (very narrow sumo), because I can't get a flat back conventional.
I would rather train a shorter ROM safely than round back conventionals with a longer ROM.

>eating corpses
go choke on a dick faggot

don't use the best board's name in vain

deutschland

He needs to go outside.

Pasty autistic virgin, he is.

so as I get more and more fatigued on rep sets my conventional deadlift becomes a 2 step motion. it looks a bit like a bendaroo bar belkin sumo pull, my knees lock out quite soon and then the lockout follows slowly and is pretty hard considering I pull with a straight back (well maybe not bodorio tier straight but definitely not a rounded pull even by plg standards). I dont know if this occurs with 1rms too because I haven't tested it in quite some time.
So what do you think about it? JP Cauchi says its a good thing, but most conventional pullers seem to lock out their knees simultaniously with their hips.

Every year I rate the current trips out of 10
Here's my 2017 rating

Isley - 3/10
Boring, too nerdy, not weeby enough, his lifts stopped impressing me when they're the same year after year.

Mystery user - 6/10
Kinda autismo but I guess I don't mind

Underscore - 8/10
Would be higher if he contributed more to wasteland plg
Otherwise a cool dude I guess

Boardshorts - 1 and 10/10
I love and hate this dude
I wish he'd die but also live a long healthy life

Fat retard - 5/10
He's a nice dude, but horribly let down by the way he presents himself sometimes.
Feels too much like speaking to trappy ??

Panzer - 2/10
Not as funny as Sean

Sean - 10/10
I don't like him but this general would have died years ago if it wasn't for him

Bodorio - 9/10
I never felt like I got to know him well enough. Kinda sad really.

Garagebro - 9/10
Haven't seen him in a while, likely "left" again hasn't he?

Norsefat - 8/10
Whiny, bitchy, little love of my life

isley is literally the only entertaining trip with an actual distinguishable personality that posts frequently.

In the past, sure, recently? No.

>Way he presents himself
Examples?

Have a look at thus post here
You present yourself as upset about my meaningless comment.
Almost like you have a bit of a temper, like Kermit or trappy ya know?

Sure it is

But those sized down knee sleeves and double crotched singlet is totally legit :^)

T. Isley

Supermang pls comeback

>Upset
I'm not, I'm genuinely curious. I used to have a really bad temper but it disappeared almost 3 years ago.

YOU KNOW YOU LOVE MY TITTIES

:)

>his lifts stopped impressing me when they're the same year after year
That's so untrue :(

I've gained 20kg on each lift in the last four years

20kg doesn't interest me
Joffrey adding 200 wilks in a month interests me

pls be squats in kg

It unironically is