/fat/ "prob never gonna make it" edition

Previous
>Who is /fat/ for?
for /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

First for I hate the holidays because it makes people happy and I'm not happy so sod off.

How much i could you weight by new year eve?

LORD help me finish this food...

>tfw you turn from overweight fatty that could easily scarf down kgs of food, to a fasting skinnyfat that can't get 1200 calories a day.
I need the protein, damn it!!!!

REEEEEEEEE

>sister is making cake for her 300 pound friend for 4th of July
>she adds whey protein to it to make it healthier
Women are stupid.

how do I gain the will power to stop weighing myself everyday? because weight fluctuates sometimes I'm 3lbs heavier and feel like shit about myself and sometimes I lose 0.2lbs and feel like I'm wasting my time. I just want to look once a week and see a gradual decline but it's like I have to know anyone got any advice or going through the same shit?

I'm so fucking weak-willed

To the person asking about learning Tableau -

R unfortunately won't get you very far in Tableau because of its undisputedly goofy syntax.

I worked at the Tableau HQ for a few years. Tableau's training videos on their website will get you about 80% of Tableau's functionality. The other 20% is years and years of trial and error. I've been at it for 7 years and I'm probably around the 95% mark. My plan is to put together a cool project to feature in my professional portfolio. For now it's just slopped together with some fitness data. Some of my calculations are wrong.

Buy smaller clothes

I'm right there with you, user. I have been EXACTLY the same weight for 4 days (I drink a ton of water, wake up and shit my brains out every day, and then weigh myself.)

Driving me crazy.

No, there's no way to stop. It's maddening.

What
Weigh yourself once a day in the morning after your BM and after taking a leak. May help to improve your mood but weight tends to fluxuate by a large margin throughout the day.
Air unto us your sins, good sir and we shall help to absolve thee.
What

>plateau for a week
>friend makes fun of me and tells me to stop lifting and do more cardio even though i already count my calories
Some of you guys are alright, don't go to school tomorrow

exactly I fucking hate it because I know I'm gonna be mad if I weigh myself and I'm heavier but then I'll also be wondering if I'm actually losing anything if I don't. it's a shitty trap.
that's what I do but I haven't had a nice hefty dump in awhile. But I weight myself at the exact same time everyday and I don't see anything but weight gain some days and loss in others. so far I've noticed that it has been declining but i want it to drop everyday not one day I'm 193.7 and another day I'm 190.2 it's not fair

Well let us say that is about 6 months away or 25 weeks.

My weight loss has slowed from the 256lbs I started to the 235.5 pounds now.

If I say two pounds a week then I should be able to lose 50lbs until new years. Taking me down to 185lbs.

Trying to get in shape again lads. I was 230 when I graduated high school, but after busting my ass I went down to around 180. Fast forward 6 years later and I became a lazy fuck due to my job and shot up to 215. I'm losing it again, but fuck it's a lot harder now than it was when I was 18/19. Hopefully I make it.

Any other burgers ready for the 4th onslaught? I've been fasting for over a day now and did 10 miles of bikings along with a 5 mile walk yesterday to help cut my losses

Is suicide an effective means of cutting?

shoot straight Mr.Lee!

>those trash pixels

No, death causes bloating.

4th onslaught? I'm bringing my own marinated chicken and asparagus to grill. Why would you fall for that shitty meme? Nice self control. I guess some of us came to fail.

Begone anorexic witch

Razor blades, on the other hand, are an effective means of cutting

Begone anorexic witch!

Fuck off

don't play their game you idiot

>tfw Jodie Foster lady-wojack will never mire you
Just the motivation I needed

Yea I noticed the syntax is goofy...coming from a hard programing background has helped w the goofyness does tableau have a programming syntax or is it guidelines based. I'd prefer programming and like to know how to get to that if it is available.

Hey Apple, I'm not sure if it's been changed already but tried to catch your eye. I put in the wrong losertown date, should be 17th October. I think I put the end date not first 20lbs.

Do you know if people tend to get a date based on sedentary or if they do adjust the activity for it? I've set mine to light although I go to the gym daily for runs and classes.

There are a few API's that you can call natively from Tableau (Javascript, REST.) R is on it's own island of goofiness. Tableau's syntax is a query language, so hard programming is going to get you further in R than it will Tableau. Tableau and SQL are fundamentally nearly-identical. Most of Tableau's power comes from complex calculated fields (query language programming.)

My suggestion - take any data you have regarding your weight loss/fitness, plug it into Tableau, and just play with it. You can get a free 14 day trial of Tableau desktop (developer platform) from their website, or a free license of Tableau public (basically desktop, but instead of saving files locally, forced to publish to their public cloud.)

Apple I'm on a 4 day plateau. I'm very consistent about how I weigh myself. WHY AM I NOT BECOMING LESS FAT.

/end rant

I'd really like to reach 200lbs mark when i'm 270 lbs at the moment.

Will look at it later, have a 28 he flight coming up and I need to prepare my body...
The query language part is interesting as a process flow...

The first 20 or so pounds are free. You could get to 250 by the end of July.

Is lifting good in order to avoid excess skin when losing weight?

>tfw job was stressful as fuck and had no upward mobility
>working offshore part time and 4 days into the trip all healthy food gets eaten
>end up at 315 lbs hating life
>quit my job in May and get accepted into grad school
>have been working out and dieting since then
>lost 37lbs so far but still want to lose another ~43 lbs by the end of the year
>all I can do is try to kill time as fast as possible so I can get to my goals
>still don't feel like I'm living
How am I supposed to enjoy the present? Does it get better when I'm in shape?

What do you mean by interesting as a process flow? You don't really 'program' with data. Maybe if you're building applications like D3, but data is queried.

>111kcal between current and goal TDEE
are calories bullshit?

I mean if you're not cuttting hard then it's gonna take forever

Are my proportions weird?

CONFESS, FATTIES

Why do you think that

spent £1 on a box of 6 apple pies
ate one and decided I'd got my moneys worth so gave one to my sister and threw the rest

nice OC, user. I recognize your style!

Other than that, nothing to confess.

TDEE is bullshit desu.

My TDEE is 3070. Realistically, I'm burning 3400-3500 calories/day. I'm eating 1500-1700 calories/day. I don't think calories are bullshit, but not all calories are equal.

When you see it
>cannot unseeee REEEE

i'm a fat yuropoor and I hate living in Europe.

Kill me this is suffering.

Why haven't you just bought 6 apples instead? Now the labour of the people is wasted.

Because my forearm genetics are bigger than my leg. My dad has big forearms also.

What can't you unsee?

TDEE is the biggest meme of Veeky Forums

prove me wrong

No BMR is the meme.

Isn't it great? My shins are like 3 times wider than my forearms, that's what I call bad proportions.

big forearms are good whats wrong with that

Thanks, we need more HQ wojaks. Heres the vanilla one

much thanks, will put it to good use!

Does height increases the weight loss? I mean would shorter person would lose weight faster as oppose to me (6'4 275 lbs)?

no, Height just makes the Fat more spread out, meaning less issues with loose Skin, and you usually look Skinner than you actually are.

It's the opposite, taller guys lose weight faster than us manlets, at least i think so

Doesn't that give you a higher squat and dead same as mine should give me a higher bench and curl.

Height decreases the amount of weight you need to lose to be at a healthy weight. Right now you are obese, but thanks to your height you are not past the point of no return or anything.

I'm 6ft1 and 202 pounds. I'm in the middle of a cut (already down from 220 earlier in the year) with a goal of 180. You could get down to 200 and be at a healthy weight, so your current plan should be to lose 75 pounds over the next 12-14 months. That sounds like a long time, but every day you either stay at 275 or gain weight, it will be that much longer to get back to a healthy weight.

You being 6ft4 gives you an advantage many people don't have when losing weight.

yes and no. manlets have smaller frames, and therefor smaller organs and reduced muscle mass. what this means is that a 5'6'' dude and a 6'2'' dude who both start at 275lbs would both be able to maintain a ~2lb per week loss for the first series of weeks, but the manlet would be able to continue that rate for a longer period of time due to having a lower basal metabolic rate.
however, just because the manlet can lose fat faster and for longer, that doesn't mean he's getting to his goal any faster. the taller guy may have to cut weight more slowly, but won't have to cut as much weight to get to the same bf%. the same principle applies when comparing two people who are both 6' and 300lbs, but one is 22%bf and the other is 40%bf. fatty mcjiggletits can lose weight at a rapid rate and keep it up for a while, but beefcake will have abs first

she's helping her friend die faster

Father, I have sinned greatly. I have exceeded my calorie target by 833, effectively meaning I have ate just over my maintenance. I have done my 10,000 steps, and intend to go for another walk this evening, but I know that that cannot save me. To forgive me is to deceive yourself into thinking I am worthy of such forgiveness.

It just looks weird. I'll never be Chad.

Yesterday I got you beat.

but you CAN be a Theodore. smart, thicc, badass, and able to coke out a bear with 1 hand.

Yeah but if I'm in bear country I'd have a gun unlike the dead people on the news.

Forgot the pic.

wanna trade? I'm a forearmlet and i want big forewarms, you can have my twigs

I'm tired father

put the fork down my son

I have, Father. I am abstaining from my dinner and drinking water for the rest of the night.

Y no /skelly/ general

because
>waaah eating is too hard
got old

>a higher squat and dead
So I can make my legs even bigger? I already look like a SS+GOMAD victim. Still I love deads for how they hit my traps, 1x5 feels more effective than a ton of dumbbell shrugs.

Updated. Also with calculating anything that requires an activity check I put in sedentary. Any calories I gain from exercise are just a nice bonus. For instance I'm eating around 1300 right now (PSMF, I both do and don't recommend it) and but about 3900. That's just 2600 of sweet, sweet bonus.
Plateaus happen. If you hit 7 days of plateau, switch to maintenance for a few days (people recommend a week, I've personally done 3 days and then switched back and was back to losing significantly).

aka the rest of the board?

As a fatty who made. Don't give up and dont weigh yourself. Once your clothes start to fit better, you wont care about the scale.

Man despite losing about 60 pounds and being like 10 pounds away from a normal bmi, my gut is still fucking huge.

When can I expect a flat stomach for a 5'8" dude who was once 235lbs and is now 175lbs.

Quads of Truth

When you get your body fat down. Assuming you don't have a stomach tumor.

Its not just body fat, when I started to build muscle all over my body. My stomach improved so much, when I would do push ups my whole gut would hang, now its not even noticable.

Weighing every day is good. It gives you good information about hydration levels, sodium intake and just overall status. Also averaged over time it will give you a perfect picture for your weight loss.

Not if it causing him unnessisary stress. If he's still pretty overweight, he will lose just by working out more and eating less.

>skellington
>need to force self to consume shitloads of food
>fatass
>literally do nothing

>Laborers make product.
>Sell product for money.
>Buyer throws product in trash can.

How exactly did they waste their labor?

reached 158lbs, been lifting for 5-6months while dieting but there was not a lot of progress IMO, should i start bulking now? the handles are still there, but i don't think they will dissapear if i keep cutting.
im probably in skinny fat tier now

Continue lifting at maintenance for a month or two. Then bulk.

Fuck off. I love the scale. It's the only thing that keeps me progressing.

I'm thinking of doing this myself after I get to like 190lbs. Is there a benefit of doing this at 235lbs or should I wait?

Holy shit, duck is filling as fuck.

Obviously, there is a positive relation between one's lean mass, and the amount of weight they can lose weekly, therefore it should be easier to lose 70 lbs as a tall guy (assuming individuals who are averagely muscular).

Benefit is having a lower body fat percentage, really. Lower fat gives you a bit more wiggle room for building lean muscle mass at a more consistent pace.

Continue to lift as you cut to 190, then switch to maintenance for 2 months while focusing on lifts. This should see you to 4-6 lbs of lean muscle mass while tightening up loose skin.

thanks famalam

CONFESS, pajeet

did it go well with the garlic potatoes?

Any ideas for high-protein bread substitutes to convey sandwich meat into my mouth?

First, you have to realize that there is no fucking way you gained fat if you stayed below your calorie goal, and therefore you shouldn't worry about the days the scale shows an increase. Second, you shouldn't stop weighing daily, because you'd probably experience the same problem if you only weighed yourself once a week, but you'd panic even more, as you'd think that that definitely can't be a fluke. Third, you should log your daily weight, so you can make a sexy graph out of it, and just look at all your progress when you feel like pigging out.

this is a good wojack but we already have a father taking confessions

I have to work anyway so im just going about my day pretty normally