/MartialArts/

>you look Veeky Forums, man. what kind of martial arts do you practice?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pE-dZAA4uvY
youtu.be/Yokfp5xz-d0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lifting shit up and putting it back down.

judo is easily the best martial art

Jumping on my 10 inch dildo.

>shoots .50 cal bullet through skull at point blank
You tell me

>ten inch vertical jump
Pathetic.

kickboxing and judo
jujitsu in the past

monstrous

i shadow box at my house, u dont wanna mess with me dude

I live in a thirdworld shithole, have been in several streetfights in my life. Martial arts are just meme.

>implying people practice martial arts to get into real fights

anyone has the charts?

I do not lift/ I only fight and do bodyweight and string stuff
lifting is pointless and only matter when you are at good lvl (brown black belt and higher )

youtube.com/watch?v=pE-dZAA4uvY

youtu.be/Yokfp5xz-d0

Maybe before the olympic commission took a shit all over the rules.

Bjj and rasslin'

>judo
>BJJ
>MMA
I still do 3x full body.

BJJ. Used to do high school wrestling.

In a couple of years, I'm going to add kickboxing and/or Muay Thai, and move into MMA.

Judo, Green.
Doing it for two years.
Also lift full-body 4 times a week.

My gf wants to become a stunt-woman, but the courses require knowing a martial art. We want to do classes together because seems like fun and a good was to supplement our regular exercise.
You guys have any recommendations? Judo seems like the best choice for her to learn how to safely fall and throw etc. but I know bugger all about martial arts.

fencing, if it counts

i do boxing, and after seeing and knowing several people doing competitive martial arts, martial arts simply suck outside their tatami.

Theres no chance to do ur superuberfancy kick, if ur getting hit non stop from my punches.

dont waste ur time, with the fight pretend, learn to do boxing, then complement it with something like judo and ur good to go.

I do boxing and i realized that karate is actually the most useless 'martial art' of all time

Striking: Boxing, kickboxing, and Muai Thai. Certain versions of Karate and TDK are acceptable, but mostly they're pretty worthless for actual fighting. Almost everything else is pure garbage.

Grappling: Judo, BJJ, Wrestling, and Sambo. Other grappling arts, like Aikido, are pretty much all garbage.

If you want to look cool, you can go with some of the traditional martial arts, but if you actually want to know how to fight, stick with the list I gave you. Whatever you do, do not fall for the Chi or spiritual energy meme some people try to feed. That's a great way of getting the Chi beat out of you.

except a kickboxer can box AND kick.
you can only box.

Same exept i box

They teach you stuff you cant use in a match anyway. It's still very practical

How to choose a good boxing school/trainer ?

What's your thoughts of Hapkido?

I have never heard of this before today. It looks like a primitive form of MMA. Since it's a descendent of Judo, I'm going to assume that its grappling is solid at least. I don't know anything about weapon training, so I won't comment. The striking seems hit and miss. Anything that does a flying kick or something like that tends to be a meme, so I'd supplement the striking with something else.

Anyone ever try eskrima? I regularly go to the beach/run etc in some areas that can be sketch.. gonna carry a baton or knife and figure eskrima will teach me to wield it without getting disarmed or some shit

Yes, it does. Epee is the best martial art

JUDO
U
D
O

seriously

Well apparently you didn't realize the greatest boxer of all time, ALI, studied karate

Phantom Punch much?

Crav Maga

Op's pic trained karate mostly. He's known for being great at BJJ though

Thanks for your honesty mate, you seem a good sort. I'll do some research into the areas you've recommended.

sabre is better

I masturbate a lot.

Ameri Do Te
>Them leg gains from stomping the groin

>I don't, I just want people to be impressed by how strong I am.

Lifting is good for building a stronger body capable of taking more stress and performing more difficult work.

>Aikido for 10 years
>Judo for 7 years
>BJJ for 5 years
Still lifting as well.

Judo's excellent for breakfalls (as is Aikido, but I won't recommend that as your basic starter MA), but I'd also consider some striking for flexibility.

Did you have any trouble alternating between the judo and aikido break fall? I know that aikido has your feet landing in a different way then judo.

Muay thai here

Isnt aikido the bullshit martial arts were they think they can "redirect" the "energy" of the opponent and throw him around?

Been looking into doing BJJ for fun and cardio, found a gym near my place and am about to email about an introductory lesson.

I used to be /fatfuck/ and now being of average weight I'm enjoying taking advantage of the things I previously couldn't do. My lifts are floating around the novice level, I'm about 14-15% bf and I never do cardio because it's fucking boring.

What should I expect? Never done a martial art or team sports thing before, so kinda nervous honestly.

How do you train in MMA?

Just mix your Judo and BJJ together and you mixed your martial arts.

Also, what is more practical for MMA in your experience, Judo or BJJ? I want to pick one up.

That's just the difference between a breakfall and a roll. No problem whatsoever, both just have different uses.

It's not quite as practical as many other martial arts, but I has given me a much deeper understanding of many principles. Had good teachers, and got quite a bit out of it.

Also, the redirection thing is hilarious when it works. I occasionally pull it off during Judo and especailly BJJ.

>What should I expect?
You'll feel extremely clumsy, will have no idea what the fuck you're doing and gas out a minute into sparring, but that's how most people feel, so no worries. Just DON'T SPAZ and stick with it.

I did kickboxing. Stopped due to injury and then work reasons. Eager to come back as soon as I can.

useless in what sense? in a boxing ring?

There are gyms that focus on training for MMA competition, especially in big cities

Not him, but generally BJJ, as an MMA match cannot be won by throw unless via (in)direct KO, but it can be won by submission.

> im a fortunate chap

Boxing and savate for 3 years, but i'll have to stop soon because my gym is too far away from my current work.
I've seen that there is a sambo gym nearby, so i'll probably try that.

no thank you I am an heterosex

I train BJJ and MMA at the same place. BJJ 3x/week, MMA twice. Judo I do 1x at a very high level dojo (two Olympic medallists).
I have a black belt in TKD (but don't advertise it) and did Muay Thai for some time. Now the only striking I do is in the context of MMA classes. I usually do some privates for standup if I have a fight coming up.
I have a black belt in BJJ. I started judo to work on throws and stuck at it (recently got my brown belt). That was when I only competed in BJJ - nearly all high-level BJJ guys have some judo training, or are even masters. Most BJJ schools don't put much focus on throws or takedowns.
I'd say BJJ is most crucial, because it's the one discipline that you won't survive without in MMA. You need to understand some basic elements or you'll experience the closest thing to rape you can ever experience in a ring/cage.

Wrestling
i want to get into boxing

Jokes on you, I had a pipebomb surgically implanted into my forehead which your cuck bullets just set off.

Nothing beats a pipebomb.

Eskrima is a meme, it's just dumb stick twirling exercises forever.
Maybe look for a police-run self defense course near you

It's redirection of momentum, not """energy""".

Practised kickboxing but stopped a year ago.

Still have most of the muscle memory but would prib get my ass kicked in a real fight nowadays.

>real fight nowadays
>real fight
>nowadays

Fucktional strength

Might as well be energy, aikido is bullshit

If your aim is to chop off your opponent's hand yeah. That's all you learn from sabre.

I do catch wrestling and boxing. Plus I can tie my own shoes.

i did TKD for 5 years and dropped it at 17. currently 19. anyone else feel like they fucked up their back, knees and hip joints from it?

currently doing full body and ive recently wanted to join a martial art again. been thinking muay thai and boxing cos uni club times fit the schedule. however im afraid of messing up my recovery from doing so. any tips regarding so?

18 years wrestling (multiple time all american), 15 years boxing, 14 years muay thai, 11 years BJJ. I'm also 6'5" tall.

I could kill 99.999999999999999999% of """men""" on this earth, if it came down to it.

Even if you started at your birth, you're over 59yo
Only thing you could kill is your fellow pensioner at your antiquity storage facility lmao

Its called someone holding a gun on you 7 yards away and your years of training would be for naught. Calm down Cochise, there is no reason to be a tool on the internet.

No you couldn't because something like 80% of all murders involve a weapon or more than 2 aggressors.

Practicing martial arts with the intention of using it in a real fight is retarded. Real fights aren't fair.

>see a string of numbers
>uncontrollable urge to add them together

Hung Gar Kung Fu and kick boxing. Feel free to tell me Kung Fu is a meme, I don't really care because I know how to kill someone with a 9 foot pole and that will always be hilarious.

Don't. You'll get concussion after concussion until you're not even the same person anymore.

I used to do that and it was a gigantic waste of time and money

Depends what you want from it, but the common criticisms are correct: there's too much reliance on set techniques and not enough sparring. That's why I do the kick boxing too, but I still enjoy the variety in Kung Fu: striking, clinching, locks, throws, and especially the weapons stuff as that's difficult to find elsewhere.

Is boxing and judo the god combo?

It's very good yes, but a striking art that also uses legs would be helpful. Really all you need is a striking art and a grappling art that practice against resisting opponents.

I mean as an interest if you're into Chinese style martial arts and shit, great, it's perfect. If it's for practicality then forget it.

I'm insecure enough to lift but not insecure enough for fighting sports.

Every person I know that is into fighting sports thinks everyone is out to fight them and always wants to do some gay ass grappling when everyone is chilling.

pooping in the toilet that's my martial art hahahahaha

>I'm poor and weak and I got into a fight with another poor weak malnourished retard.

Poor people being good fighters is a meme. A year of proper sparring and fighting MMA and a child could probably take u out.

Just get big. You'll be shit in a fight but at least it will deter ur opponent.

hapkido is a fucking meme
it's practically taekwondo, a meme, mixed with aikido, an even bigger meme

Bumping for interest as well

If your really worried for your safety, go ccw, there are a lot of smaller pieces that can be carried comfortably while even running

I practise the ancient British martial art of shoving someone over then stamping on their head until they die.

Most "men" on this earth can produce the 6-9lb trigger pull required when it came down to it

>2017
>not practicing gorilla warfare
Are you even planning on making it?

>teleports behind you
>un-sheaths katana
>"sorry kid, it's nothing personal"

is it still wrestling if you exclusively wrestle farm animals?

>>>shoots .50 cal bullet through skull at point blank

Jokes on you I'm holding a boo-

no-one with this experience posts like this about it. you are the kind of person who says he trained 20 years but what he really means is 2 years 18 years ago