Why did males adopt Western fashion, but woman didn't?

Why did males adopt Western fashion, but woman didn't?

Because why not

People in power (=men) wanted to be taken seriously by people with even more power (=western men).

This. Japanese politicians and generals wanted to LARP as the British and Prussians to be taken more seriously, but the rest of Japan didn't give a shit.

>but women didn't
nigger what

>another pic of japanese high school girl qt, another day of regretting i wasn't a teenager in japan

I've been a bit mystified by this myself. They even do the same thing in North Korea, which should be hella xenophobic and ethnically nationalist.

You know the girls in japan are just as ugly as they are everywhere else, right?

men are judged by their abilities

women are judged by their social status

it was different in the past, women had to look like puritan housewives while men were prancing peacocks

>hella
stop

lmao, so now girls are ugly everywhere, are they?

pretty much, yeah

I know we're all virgins here, but come on man, at least try not to make it so obvious.

While I may have never slept with a woman, i'm not a virgin.

Gay.

Even in the west male fashion has been more rigid since the 19th century, if you want to dress fancy basically your only choice is black pants, a black black suit, a light colored shirt and a tie.

For women there hasn't really been such a foral dess, they have a greater variaty of colors and styles to chose from, so it makes sense to incorporate traditional colorful dresses in Asia.

the suit started in Asia with jews

Quite simply because the pinnacle of male fashion has been reached, it is only natural that everyone would adopt this most superior fashion.

Worked pretty well no?

>tfw no cute japanese waifu to be mad at me so i could comfort her

Yep, until they autistically sperged out at Pearl Harbour.

East Asian male fashion is ugly and gay looking.

It's alright user, I'm catholic too.

Pardon me, but your assumption is wrong. The modern miniskirts did not come from western culture but rather from a Chinese tribe. This was 18th century.

> albums produced during the Qing dynasty (1644–1912) from the early eighteenth century onwards to illustrate the various types of Miao, the Duan Qun Miao women were depicted wearing "mini skirts that barely cover the buttocks."[5] At least one of the "One Hundred Miao Pictures" albums contains a poem that specifically describes how the women's short skirts and navel-baring styles were an identifier for this particular group.[6][7]

The modern western miniskirt got introduced in US around mid early 20th century, nearly 2 centuries after.

Yeah I'm really sure the designers of the miniskirt looked at 18th century chinese chinese prints for ideas you pseudointellectual autist.

This is a trend you'll notice all over the world. Lots of places you can go women wear traditional clothes daily, but almost never men. Dunno why.

I love the guy with jaws and sunglasses

I am going to marry this woman

In Chinkdom, all the males gave up is the queue while the women stopped binding their feet. Only the very upper class went around in western fashion, and only in public. Most just have combos of both traditional and western wear.

Ultimately western fashion was forced on the Chinks by both spastic nationalists & communists. But up until 49 they were still wearing Qing-period/Western combos.

>tfw no big tiddie North Korean military gf

But IMHO, the one in the Philippines is far more interesting. It was the Asianization of Western fashion, as Formal Western styles were consumed in the local Pineapple-cloth + silk combo of Southeast Asian upper-class clothing.

What a qt

I love this shit. I wish western fashion would also take some influence from China/Japan. You could make some very beautiful mixes

Because chink male fashion is gay

Asians and whites need to start breeding more. Between us we essentially rule the world. I want to go to Japan some day and just have as much unprotected sex with and impregnate as many random qt asian women as I can like Genghis Khan desu.

They would just abort the kid or toss it to suicide in an orphanage.

This was an accident, it was supposed to be a thread.
Don't ban please.

Sounds like a plan

Shame China went batshit insane and anti-traditional. Though the modern Hanfu movement entering high-chinese fashion world could change that.

They fear their women becoming WHITE'D

Yeah I doubt thats what modern designers had in mind. Neat trivia.

You are the one who thinks anime is real. A lot of girls in japan are ugly.

Why do they have such ugly faces

I always try to play Where's Waldo with these pictures to find a smiling person. Nothing yet.

>I am going to marry this woman
>pssh, sure you are

How did she know??? So this is the power of Juche...whoa...

He looks like a Lvl. 1 character. Love it.

Western male fashion is the pinnacle of business or "serious" attire, it's just perfect.. Western female fashion is garbage and any other traditional or local fashion is superior.

>Western male fashion is the pinnacle of business or "serious" attire, it's just perfect.
>fashion
no, it's just the standardised corporation get-up with a clean design
and I have only ever heard the rich/corporation workers/americans say suits are good looking
if you ignore the cultural conditioning of suits being/looking professional and respectable there's simply nothing good left about suits

Western male fashion is garbage as far as fashion goes. Its perfectly fine for work-wear, but it lacks history, culture and character.

European fashion used to be pretty awesome, all sorts of regional clothing. I guess Americans can't conceive of having a cultural and ethnic identity though, right?