>go home and watch tv
>repeat Monday thru Friday

Or
>get paid to workout
>have top quality gyms/trainers provided for you
>get paid to shoot guns
>get paid to blow things up
>get paid to kill bad guys

Obviously 99% of you don't have the mental fortitude for spec ops, but what's your excuse for not being interested in Marines, Rangers SEALs, Green Berets etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b5BtV87Xscs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bad vision. Auto disqualified.

>Fighting for Greater Israel
>While your friends get blown up and raped by the Hajis you made angry
Yeah nah

I've heard of plenty of people getting PRK or LASIK and getting a waiver.

My vision is pretty shitty. How am I supposed to qualify?

I don't feel like dieing in some shithole desert for the Jews.

Had my honourable discharge a few years ago, legs got torn up

PRK or LASIK
2edgy4me
What branch

I don't want to fight for the majority of people in the us or our allies.

i'm against violence

Explain to me how US foreign policy is good for Americans.

inb4 he flips out about "defending freedom and democracy"

beta cuck

>spend basically all your time at "work," not to mention putting your life at risk depending on your position
Pass

>fighting for the interest of the international juden

Good goy. I wonder who is behind this thread?

youtube.com/watch?v=b5BtV87Xscs

Lemme just tell you that america is the greatest country in the world, because of all the freedom. And we must defend that freedom all around the world, cuz some illiterate inbred goat herder from afghanistan with an ak-47 is going to take our freedom away if we don't bomb them to hell and send our troops to that country and let thousands of americans die, but that's the price ye pay for freedom, right. murica!
And israel's our greatest ally, and it's the only democracy in the middle east, which is great because democracy is great, but I vote republican ya know, and israel is constantly under threat from all the countries around them and because they're our greatest ally and we give them billions of dollars, we must defend them any way we can, because they're our greatest ally and the only democracy in the middle east.

you have a small penis or are short or both guaranteed

>kill bad guys

I don't think you understand.

>sperglord on Veeky Forums who has never been anywhere near SF tells people to join SF

you wouldn't be able to buy your triple moccachino during a baseball game if we don't bomb that goatherder on the side of the mountain 6000 miles away

Actually where I work had a fitness center, and I get an hour paid workout in every night, made 62/hr last night since it was forth of July and made time and a half, then rode my fucking dope motorcycle home to delicious gains food my wife had made me.

I'm supposed to feel unfulfilled right now? Lol, nah, feels good man

It's not. Nation building is shit but SO does useful stuff
Currently waiting on MEPS to process my waivers (2) for the Navy so that I can join DEP and hopefully earn SO contract.

>get paid to kill bad guys

Good one.

Like what? Arm and train (((moderate rebels))) and assassinate people that get in the way of said nation building?

Oh, you poor future BM, I pity you.

>Get treated like shit!
>Get none of your hard work realized and fats McRetard gets promoted instead of you!
>Get to count ammunition for countless hours!
>Do useless tasks because sarge doesn't feel like doing it!
>Injure yourself and keep re-injuring the same muscle for months!

Over 1000 people want to become navy seals, 100 get into the training, and 15-20 finish.
Sure it is fun but have fun being cold, wet, tired the rest of your enlisted time.

Judging by the way you talk you're gonna be one of the guys who only want to be SF so they can brag about it and quit after 2 days of selection

>joins the navy thinking he'll become a SEAL

I'm in the army going for my country's sf and ive seen so many people like you fail I lost count. I hope you enjoy mopping.

OCS is a bitch to get into.

Besides I have a nice Federal job where I can work from home full time and use my own home gym.

Nah I'm prepared. Even gave up completely pursuing aesthetics because of all the cardio I gotta do, I look dyel af but functionally I'm ready.
>imply I don't talk this way just to activate almonds
Internet me isn't real me
More or less, yeah

Joining the Army for access to a gym is liking getting chemotherapy to get rid of some hair.

See

More like get paid to be the bad guy amirite?

How fast can you run 1.5 miles? How fast can you run 10?

I dont understand how military men can have a family how does your woman stay with you when you leave for years at a time?

I can't tell if retarded or retarded.

>Lemme just tell you that america is the greatest country in the world, because of all the freedom. And we must defend that freedom all around the world.

Defend muh freedom and shit.

>And israel's our greatest ally, and it's the only democracy in the middle east, which is great because democracy is great.

Israel is great, because democracy, and democracy is great.

Some solid arguments there chap.

i like the idea

severe post operative heart surgery tho, so sadly no boolits 2 kill meon d glorious battlefield

If you have to shitpost on 4chin about how you're gonna be a special forces soldier you are not SF material I can promise you that.

whooosh

Fastest 1.5 was around 7:45, probably closer to 8-8:15 now since I'm more focused on the other parts. Don't think I've ever timed myself in a 10 mile run, a 10k though I ran in about 36 minutes give or take (about 5:55 minute miles for 6.2 miles)
You know me so well.

BM means botswain's mate it's what you're gonna end up as.

Enjoy your 5 years of needlegunning paint off bulkheads.

They don't look up the divorce rate.

I know, but I'm prepared for BUD/S.
I won't DOR, but in the event of a catastrophic injury or something, I'd still be a college graduate with a good degree and good GPA, so they'd probably stick me behind a desk somewhere.
Probably just as bad.

Why would anyone who isn't low class opt into this? The pay is meagre and it's dangerous/boring, not to mention the exploding knees and back. Unless you're some virtue signalling retard frothing at the mouth to "die fur my cuntry" why do this.

Different priorites in life.
>7:45-8:15 family breakfast
>8:30-12 work
>12-1 gym
>1-5:30 work
>5:45-9 family time, dinner, etc

I actually enjoy spending time with my sons, daughter and wife. If I need to leave work early to make a baseball game my job is flexible enough to allow it.

>virtue signaling retard frothing at the mouth
Thanks for the mighty kek user

Do you value your individual freedom?
If yes, don't bother going to BUD/S (or military desu)

Are you comfortable with drowning and dealing with fight or flight 24/7?
If not, don't bother going to BUD/S

Are you okay being singled out and being treated as the worst in your boat crew?
If not, don't bother going to BUD/S

The "high speed low drag life" is not as glamorous as the media protrays it to be. The community has an alpha male/frat bro mentality that will bully the weakest links if the instructors don't convince the weakest links to quit.
If you're a small cardio guy like you said, this may happen to you if you go.

Running is nice and all, but anyone can be a good runner if they work at it. The real equalizer is the water. Learn the CSS and fucking SWIM. Get comfortable in the water, like it's your second home.

Don't be ignorant, plan for everything. Even a DOR.
>but I'll NEVER quit!
Don't bullshit yourself, everyone thinks about quitting.

If you fail, you are in the needs of the Navy. You'll 90% of the time get sent as an undesignated rate doing shitty jobs and hating your life for some years until you inevitably cross rate to HM and try to go greenside. Don't forget to tell bullshit stories about why you didn't make it even though you totally had what it takes.

>cont.

BUD/S is nowadays set up to fail the canidates. It's not common for instructors to add 4 extra minutes to the mandatory 4 mile beach run just so they can drop students. It's a complete shit show imho, nothing like it used to be.

If you do make it, congratulations. You now have the trident. You're family will brag about you nonstop. You'll turn heads when you walk by in uniform with that trident. But if you fail, remember this: you are not any less of a man. The life of SF is not for everyone, and most find out the hard way.

And that's okay.

Do some soul searching. If this is something you really, REALLY want to do more than ANYTHING, get after it.

>t. Greenside Doc who got his bud/s billet taken away during DEP, and dropped out of a SARC contract during FMTB (no shame, wasn't for me)

1 non-white in the entire squad. He is taking up half the picture.

>probably stick me behind a desk somewhere
thats not how the rating system works. once you quit or get dropped, they send your ass up to the NAS north island base where you do these 4 hour "working parties" cleaning up shit on base.this will be your easiest and chilliest time in the navy despite still sucking ass. you do this for like 1-2 months while you wait to get reclassified into a new rating and sent off to "A school" again. you actually get a list of jobs to pick from based on your asvab and year group openings. hopefully you can still pick up SAR swimmer or EOD. The fleet sucks ass and your chain of command is full of the shittiest, laziest, ghetto people you can imagine. no camaraderie or brotherhood at all

You can't be against something if you are unable to express your resistance to it. Disagreeing is violence.

That's some rock solid rebuttals there champ...

If any of you actually knew what I do you would be so fucking jelly and butt hurt

Even IT fags can't handle my hustle

>Nothing wrong with 9-5
>Step it up and join my field...

> 24 y/o
> ARNG AGR E6
> Pull 65k a year after tax
> Live in a college town
> Work 8-2pm, 1 hr to workout + however long for lunch
> Nearest active duty base is hundreds of miles away
> Get TYFYS + free shit + discounts daily
> Will retire at 42 years old

If I ever wanted to go to college itd be free (get paid to go)

I won the military

I don't think very many people here would be able to handle even the physical stress, much less the ethical and mental stress.

what job is this?

Yea I agree

These guys really don't understand what freedom a good job and a wonderful schedule can do

Its amazing, they will never understand

Because fuck being a piece of geopolitical cannon fodder. Please don't die for Jews user, you don't really thing Iraq was about freeing the people there, do you?

Would have signed up, but only have one kidney. Thanks for chain smoking during pregnancy and birthing me prematurely, Mom

I'm already 32 senpai. I'd love to try but think I'm out of time.

>ARNG AGR
?????

Saddam Hussein deserved to die

Army National Guard Active Guard Reserve..

Essentially active duty national guardsman

Software engineer. 8 hours a day with flex time. As long as I get my 40 hours a week I get my 6 figures a year.
I considered the military, but the pay and family life is just terrible. I have have a lot of family that enlisted, I've just never seen them get ahead at it and a few came bad pretty bad off; physically and emotionally.

Not that user but what degree do you have? CS? How do you like the job? Sounds like you love it.

too old. Or would go for Green Beret.

You sure youre to old? You in great shape?

It's not but it's the responsibility we took under Roosevelt's presidency, and after winning both World Wars. We are the world police, and our nuclear umbrella provides most 1st world countries with reasonable security against shit holes like North Korea.

Defending freedom and democracy is a conveniently diplomatic way of phrasing the fact that we can't just fucking pull out and be isolationists anymore. Since the end of the Cold War, the world has been unipolar, in that the United States' military, cultural, and economic influence wins out over every single other country in the world. Our foreign policy is a byproduct of that.

I went Army Reserves to facilitate college then I'll re-enlist as an Army Veterinarian.

I'm tempted with SF because it'll allow me to grow a beard and I fucking abhor being clean shaven, but that's really not a good reason to piss away X amount of time and bust my ass. Just to grow facial hair.

I've done my service as just a shit kicker infantry grunt and I would die for my country but my country will send me to fight someone else's war and make me die defending Muslims who don't deserve to be protected.

Because I was kicked out of the Military, this is back when we had that nigger-muslim in office anyway.

wat

What branch? US Army here

I'm already almost making 6 figures and I don't have to live in Korea or Afghanistan, no thanks.

I have asthma and shitty vision which sucks ass because the army is so appealing to me. All the things you mentioned, plus free school, military discounts, and oh my god, the structure and discipline works well for some OCD rule follower like me.

Computer system engineering technogy. I started with firmware and segwayed to software over time.

>Computer system engineering technogy
wtf I never even heard of that, good for you though

You lucky fuck. The AGR in my unit have it made, they work monday-thrusday (though they have to be there for drill) eat lunch however long they feel like and always leave work an hour or two early.