/PLG/ - Powerlifting General

For the purpose of preparing for competition in powerlifting, or for improving strength in the barbell movements.

>fuck off Panzer, you don't even powerlift

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=84FaroGrPZU&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=wIB_X2N6020
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Start doing this program

>sounds like a pure dystopia

for you it sounds like a utopia to me

gee its almost like we should live in different countries or something to reflect this cultural difference

>Refuting the opinion of healthcare and education being human rights with a supply and demand curve is straight-up stupid.

"k"

>People are naturally encouraged to find and keep work even in welfare states.

then explain sticky wages/prices

which are caused by people willingly staying out of the workforce for a certain period of time rather than take a pay cut or benefits cut

if you make the enviornment so that it would be really fucking bad if you aren't actively employed such things would exist and the economy would be more streamlined and easy to model/make predictions for

-t. ad hominem/projection

>how do you intend to ensure everyone has the same common goal?

for example in the state I would choose to live in would enforce market economies and social order

so say for example you are an anarchist or a communist, in the transitory phase of government(switching from the current system to the new idealized one) if you were one of those you would be asked to leave the country if you refused you could be put into a special fun summer camp and never be heard from again

after the transitory phase when everyone who likes the governmental policy is still in the country then the government basically just smashes things like communist movements that would be disruptive to this system

>and who gets to decide the common goal? you?

whatever party is in charge of that specific state, I have no problem with a communist country existing its just I wouldn't live in it, it would be a great world if we would have different countries for different belief sets, in my opinion the idealized state I would live in would be one led by a meritocratic oligarchy of around 20ish people which make the actual decisions that reflect the common belief of the people(cont)

>Percentage-based programs are flawed

youtube.com/watch?v=84FaroGrPZU&feature=youtu.be

Unless you're intermediate or lower. Then it doesn't matter, just lift and quit being a pussy.

your plan is to nicely ask people if they like it, then let them leave if they dont? what happens when 99.9% of the people say they dont like it? do you leave yourself and make your own country, or do you some how (with the military strength of all 14 people who agree with you) remove the 99.9%?

also its literally impossible for the views of 20 people to represent the views of the country accurately

NO MORE POLITICS IN MY /PLG/

you imply I mean that every person has to agree 100% like some kind of hivemind sci-fi novel society

if you are a capitalist authoritarian(which there are many) you would like the society I describe

the government politiburo selected for their knowledge and experience would establish rules to enable a pure market economy and an autocratic social system

the goal is to have your country as uniform as possible

obviously we cant be a literal hivemind but the hivemind is the goal you strive for and you apply it as realistically as you can

NON PANZER THREAD

Can I do TM if I never did Power cleans before? Just start low weight until I can do them properly or sswitch them to ligther deadlifts? Any tips? I have to trainsition now but Idk what to do.

Thanks

the differences between the 2 main parties in america are insignificant compared to the differences between the norm and what youre saying. no one would vote for your ideas

and your plan is heavily dependant on people being ignorant. its literally the few educated leading people too stupid and powerless to disagree

no, almost no one would like a country were you execute the family of people who commit crimes. not even capitalist authoritarians. most of whom are centerists compared to you(r character)

TM is a progression protocol, not a fixed template.
Just ditch the power cleans.

yes you can. power cleans are underrated accessory

People often say they dont carry over to the deadlift because the positioning is different when weightlifters do them. This does not mean you cant do it in a deadlift way. Youtube 'Muscle cleans', do these. These are known to be poer cleans to the non weightlifter anyway and the're easier to learn

Funny cause my plan actually relies on people being well read enough to understand market economies are good and that cultural uniformity is essential for the long term survival of the state

Also political chat is 100% real opinions no character meme here

Why would explosive qualities carry over to the deadlift? Rate of force production is irrelevant in powerlifting.
And in addition, non-weightlifters will never be proficient enough in any sort of clean for it to have meaningful impact on your deadlift.

Power cleans are an excellent tool for most athletes (track & field, martial arts, ball sports, almost everything) but not for powerlifters.

You couldn't possibly expect there to be enough capitalist authoritarians that would have the same cultural desires as you to fill an entire country.

My elbow hurts :(

*kisses booboo*

Thank you user

>my plan actually relies on people being well read enough to understand market economies are good
So women wouldn't live in your country?

You are protecting your virginity at all-costs!

Tell me a funny story. Talk about your lifting.

But if my goal is to increase my martial arts performance, then they would be beneficial? I never did them before, so I guess they won't help at the beginning, but I suppose they will if I do them long enough.

There are probably ways of developing explosiveness with a much lower learning curve.

Power cleans or hang cleans have tremendous carry-over to martial arts.

Powerclean is not hard to learn, even for an uncoached amateur.

Most sports rely primarily on rapid hip extension to provide acceleration (not just force, like in powerlifting), even where it's not intuitive like boxing. So it's not that power cleans are some magic tool, it's only that training explosive hip extension carries over well. Without a proper coach chances are you will only get a little benefit out of power cleans, so maybe they're not very time-efficient. I haven't done DB snatches but I imagine they are easier to learn.

If you can find an exercise that works with explosive hip extension, and can be easily and safely loaded (jumps are kinda iffy for this), that would be great. The problems in (power) cleans and snatches tend to be contact timing of bar to hips, proper bar path and the catching position. Muscle variations help a little. No-contact variations also help.

Thanks bros, I guess I'll do some form of light deadlift for now until I can talk to a MA coach, in my country strength trainning in general is shit though so I don't know if I'll be lucky, but I'll try.

Yes, we should make countries so that every inhabitant can circlejerk to their superior culture.
A stupid/practical question I want answered is, would you really want to live in Australia or Central Africa if your ideal country ended up there?

What's the point of a country if its citizens don't care for each other, and justify it by "muh supply and demand"?

>explain sticky wages
Isn't this a major problem only in drastic macroeconomic changes? Besides, this theory does not avoid all research on motivation and drive.

>But if my goal is to increase my martial arts performance, then they would be beneficial? I
a 100% dude. Every serious athlete does them

youtube.com/watch?v=wIB_X2N6020

Here is a fun tutorial video. Learn to clean. Hang cleans are great too.

Torokhtiy's tutorials are 1000x better than this desu. They're easy to find on youtube.

Link them, then.

On my phone while working out icba.

How much do you powerclean?

>As she moves her hips closer
>You're only getting harder and harder while inside of her
>As she bites her lip
>You thrust a bit more and you're about to bust a load
>DEEEEPPPPP

Calves are only place i get cramps. Especially after long and exhausting leg day. But today i did an upperbody workout and got calves cramp. Why? I supp magnesium and think i drink enough. How come benching and shit can get my calves cramp after workout?

I don't power clean. The only ""sport"" (>) I do is powerlifting, I have no need for explosive training.

Powercleaning isn't hard. You should try it sometime.

Just stalled on SS and entered Intermediate in all four main compounds. So, should I do Madcow 5x5 or Texas Method? When looking at them, I think Madcow looks more fun to me, but if Texas Method is more effective for gains I'd do that one.
Once I stall on the linear progression from one of those two, I think I'll do 5/3/1 BBB.

tm or c6w

c6w

Do Madcow if that's what looks fun.

Texas method is okay, but lacks upper volume, in my opinion.

desu just do c6w, going to the gym only thrice a week is boring

>for you it sounds like a utopia to me
tfw ywn live in a state that executes degenerate stoners

Google results say that it's Candito's program. Should I really be doing the program of someone who looks so small after years of powerlifting? Kinda makes me think Candito is doing something wrong

Your country doesn't allow knives. How much more worthless could a country be?

Move to america with me. We'll shoot guns, lift on a bendaroo bar, and slam some ameri-piggies.

>tfw rep PR two sessions in a row

Isn't the UK already under Sharia law?

You're allowed knives

Candito 6 week is one of the best programs one can do for their lower body as an early intermediate

Sadly not. We desperately need white sharia to end the thot problem.

Also marijuana isn't Haram :(

Ummmmmm !!!

Unmm do you like guns?

what are you talking about? candito is monster strong

Unless you want to walk outside.

If you only just stalled on SS, then TM is most appropriate. C6W is going to progress you too slowly for where you're at.
If you like doing 3x full body, try and run TM as written, or as close to as possible. If you're burnt out on 3x fullbody, you should look at the TM U/L variant

Might also want to look at nsuns 531 lp. It may be more appropriate after you're done with TM, but it's a pretty coherent program for early intermediate

But he looks like shit.

>C6W is going to progress you too slowly for where you're at.
There is no such thing as "progressing too slowly"

no he does not

and this is PL, not aesthetics or whatever

do you want to be strong or what?

>C6W is going to progress you too slowly for where you're at.
except not? you think it is slow because you get to see the progression only after 6 weeks, it is an illusion

you will make sick gains

Yeah I used to belong to a rifle club when I was 17-18. Shot everything from .22 to 7.62

Only black and muslims are banned from them. Whites are fine.

It doesn't really make sense to put early intermediate lifters on a six week progression if they can still make weekly progress.

>no he does not
At least be honest. Candito does NOT look like that. Look, a lot of people are doing PL training as a means to an end, a better physique, and they will sacrifice some strength gains for hypertrophy, so if someone brings up muscularity, they are clearly using PL to enhance long-term gains.

see

Well, I downloaded the pdf and excel files for C6W and I suppose I'll go with that one since majority here seems to swear by it.
But it's only 6 weeks long, what will I do after that? Do I repeat it, or will I be ready for a 5/3/1 routine already?

>Candito does NOT look like that
that is literally him though...

That was someone else, not me, the guy who was asking which intermediate program to do.
But I'll answer that question anyway: I want both strength and aesthetics. And Candito in that picture looks quite aesthetic as well.

From what, 4 years ago? He's essentially DYEL in video.

he does, there is a shit load of hypertrophy in his six week program

your legs will explode the most though because muh sqwaht

Aesthetics are literally all about how much muscle you have, how much body fat you have, and lighting. And for natty lifters, the best way to put on the most muscle is to gain strength.

Essentially for natties, aesthetics = strength + low body fat.

Also this. I am 26 years old and just barely got out from Beginner to Intermediate. I will never be a pro powerlifter. I am doing powerlifting equally for strength and looks, to just in general improve my life. Not to compete in powerlifting.
But, the stronger you are, the more muscle mass gains you can also make. So if this C6W program really is so damn effective, I guess it might be worth doing.

>calling candito a DYEL while he has only just stalled on SS for the first time

you should probably get a little stronger before attempting C6W

Huh?

you have no right to call candito DYEL because you cannot lift half the weight he can

Take a deload week and then repeat with new maxes

You don't have to listen to a random threat. Madcows and TM has been proven to work for a lot of people. In the first place, unless you eat a shitton and I mean a metric SHITTON of food, you're going to stall pretty quickly on an intermediate program that increases the weight every week and never deloads (TM). Madcows might be sustained for a little longer because of it's cycle that gets reset every week. I don't know anything about canditos routine, except that it is only focused on the big 3 in powerlifting.

If you wanna look at different intermediate programs, you might want to take a look at program routines from powerlifting to win. It's only focused on the sport of powerlifting but if you look past that you can get a lot of interesting and useful information.

testing squat max for c6w today, wish me luck friends.

Why? Just earlier I said I'm stalling on SS and looking for an early Intermediate program, and all you people were suggesting C6W. Now it's too advanced for me? Well which is it?

That guy isn't me you retard.
God, this is why Veeky Forums needs ID's just like 8c.

Hey lads, what is the best assistance movement to increase my strict curl?

plenty of serious athletes don't power clean, fuck off

Don't listen to him, c6w is perfectly fine

Cheat curls.

sorry then, but still, see

the only way to put on muscle as a natural lifter is to incrementally increase the amount of tension on the muscles (i.e add weight to the bar)

the big difference is exercise selection

in PL you must do the big 3 because your training must be specific, but for the purposes of aesthetics there is no requirement to squat/bench/deadlift

I do power cleans cause I hate doing rows
Will I die of cancer because of my choices?

Definitely

How strong is the guy who shills cowboy method that's what I want to know

>tfw limited to a shitty gym in which I cannot clean

sad desu I miss it

You really should be doing rows

There's all kinds of different rows did you know that? Not just barbell ones. And even then there are several different variations

I will do C6W then. I will report back in six weeks. Though I might ask more questions in this thread if something comes up while I'm researching this stuff.

Finally

If you can deadlift. You can clean.

And I've tried them all, and I hate them all equally.

>I've tried them all

Doubt that m8

>If you can deadlift. You can clean.
nah, no bumper plates and not platform for oly

Inb4 catch the bar instead of dropping it
I prefer to have my joints functioning no thanks

just do incline curls desu

day 1:
barbell curl 4x10-12

day 2:
hammer curl 4x10-12

day 3:
barbell curl building from 3x8->5x8 over 3 weeks

seems to be working ok for me

Okay I'll tell you what I've tried (+ ratings for fun) and recommend me one I missed
>bent over row
1/10
>pendlay row
5/10
>Ed Coans Cheat row
0/10
>one arm dumbbell row
8/10 in results, -10/10 in pain and enjoyment
>kroc row
0/10 - fucks my lower back hard
>T row + the barbell row with the handle
-5/10 really fucks my lower back
>one arm barbell row
5/10 - only one I enjoy doing but get no benefits from it
>seated rows
8/10 - gym doesn't have this machine anymore though JUST
>lat pull downs
1/10 These don't do shit for me really
>power cleans
10/10 - give me good pump and make me stronger at picking up objects

Gym doesn't also have anything to do seal rows. Which I recon I'd actually enjoy.

I use metal plates just fine. Maybe stop being a pussy idk

>dumbbell row
>-10/10 in pain and enjoyment

i have no idea why dumbbell rows are so fucking hard compared to every other row variant but i totally agree with you

The pump is the best out of any other row, I just never got used to the pain and discomfort and gradually did them less and less.

Should I do sumo if my arms are to short to bend properly for the deadlift? I end up being horizontal and the break from the floor gets pretty slow.

Also would you guys recommend candito 6w program for strength in general and not PL specificly? Or applied to a sport like martial arts?

Don't listen to him, C6W is bullshit. Do Texas Method.

all track and field athletes do power cleans you lazy fuck go find me one that doesnt you cant

weighted chins

What are your S/B/D stats?