youtube.com/watch?v=NYN3UGCYisk
youtube.com/watch?v=pZgxkE-2QAw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are you competing?

If yes: kys
If no: use double overhand grip

>le weight doesnt mean anything if you arent competing

kill yourself

Found the guy who derives his self worth from how many lbs he can lift. Getting stronger is all that matters

fpbp

It's better than using straps, but try to develop a hook grip.

>Not using Hook Grip for barbell lifts

If you don't use chalk or wristwraps, it helps stabilize the bar so it just doesn't roll over.

lol

leads to muscle inbalance

youll end up looking like janoy

Oh yeah wouldn't want to be unbalanced now would we

It loads one side of your body more than the other.
Use it if you like, but swap sides periodically.

you'll eventually pull or tear a bicep doing mixed grip once you get really strong. double overhand is better.

the only way i would use mixed is using your dominant hand overhand and your non dominant under.

youtube.com/watch?v=WhhwCSxbn-o

this guys fuckin nuts double overhand strapless 900lbs legs like sticks, superior leverages and god tier genetics

stay double overhand as long as possible to avoid imbalances

He's hook gripping not double overhand

alright fair but check this out, this is him 6 years ago hes 22 now

youtube.com/watch?v=lK0Smtm6MWw

Nigga has fucking 2 meter wing span

what a lanky ass arachnid motherfucker

PS : SUMO DON'T COUNT FAGGOT

t. DYEL(s)

this

if you haven't pulled 500 your opinion on deadlifts and deadlift techinque is worth absolutely nothing

>implying anyone on this imageboard lifts

how is hook grip not objectively superior?

hook grip/double overhand ARE superior to mixed in every way, if your fingers are a weak point fuckin train them to not let go...

Sumo has huge carry over to regular deadlift albeit a slightly different muscle focus... I'd like to see you pull even half of that and ill let you choose the stance lmao

So what does janoy have?

I've never heard of this before, please explain?

Also, would alternating hands after sets counter this? It seems like its an issue of equal/opposite if true.,

Hook grip is shit for deadlifts because
>your thumb doesn't like being crushed
>enjoy your arthritis

Weightlifters use it for their cleans and snatches, and that's fine because the weight they are moving is much lower than what they'd be deadlifting.

As long as you do some other kind of pulling (rows, chinups, pullups) any of the insignificant imbalance you create from using mixed grip will be negated. And as long as you don't try to row/curl the weight and avoid abusing steroids, which cause your muscles to strengthen much faster than your tendons, you'll never year a bicep.

>enjoy your arthritis
wrong

>And as long as you don't try to row/curl the weight and avoid abusing steroids, which cause your muscles to strengthen much faster than your tendons, you'll never year a bicep.
wrong

>As long as you do some other kind of pulling (rows, chinups, pullups) any of the insignificant imbalance you create from using mixed grip will be negated
wrong

if you dont mixed grip your cock. then dont mix grip at all

Here's a literal doctor doing mixed grip with 635 lbs

If a doctor thinks it's fine why would you listen to some nerd struggling with 315 on Veeky Forums?

Here, another literal doctor pulls 675 with mixed grip

If you need mixed grips you can't actually lift what you are picking up.

What creature is this?

iF yOu NeeD MiXeD gRipS yOU cAnT aCTuaLly LiFt WhAt YoU ArE pIcKinG uP.

There are doctors that are also obese, should we imitate their eating habits and patterns as well?

Doctors are good at diagnosing illnesses and treating diseases and dealing with patients to some degree, doesn't mean they are going to always apply all the right methods to their own life.

Get a panel of doctors that specialize in this sort of thing to come to a consensus and say that mixed grip is better than double overhand grip and then I'll be listening.

My doctor smokes therefore, I will smoke.

i've been mixed gripping for 6 years and don't have the slightest imbalance

it's the biggest meme ever, fucking DYEL nerds like think because one hand is supinated that somehow you will turn into Quasimodo

Veeky Forums is fucking pathetic these days, i'm actually disgusted by the mental gymnastics these fucking pussies do to avoid lifting heavy weights

Show me any other doctors deadlifting over 600lbs you clueless fuck

Wow that straw grasping. Smoking and bad eating habits have nothing to do with deadlifting.

Deadlifting actually has to do with deadlifting

>My doctor smokes therefore, I will smoke.
Not the same.

the DOH only crusade is the same as the no-belt crusade or the no knee-sleeve crusade or the no chalk crusade on Veeky Forums

instead of just getting strong, these betas add a bunch of qualifiers and devise their own arbitrary definition of strong (no mixed grip no belt no chalk bro only way it counts) so their lifts seem less pathetic

that's all it is, it's all part of the same circlejerk of weak boys with weak lifts

Oh yeah and just to be clear the focus of these guys is barbell training as preventative medicine, so it's not like they're PEDs docs who lift or something

>>not using double overhand
>>muscle imbalance potential
>>greater chance of catastrophic distal bicep rupture/tear
>>nope. forever nope.

add, adhd, ocd, turrets, 6 major car accidents, and like 1% of autism
in theory alternating should held you avoid this. also not doing mixed grip shrugs like jason will help immensely

>i'm actually disgusted by the mental gymnastics these fucking pussies do to avoid lifting heavy weights

What a dumbass, strenghten your grip you idiot. I can double overhand 94% of my max and hook grip 625.

no vid, no did

I won't post myself on this degenerate website. The point is that you're actually the weak bitch who can't properly hold on to the weight.

because you've never deadlifted 625, or even 500, in your life

No, my reasoning is correct. It doesn't matter what he's doing unless they're willing to say that there is a reason they are doing mixed grip for health vs preference or something else. I'm not going to go deep and search for hours on these guys, the first guy seems legit from googling his name, and here is something else I found him doing youtube.com/watch?v=NYN3UGCYisk

Notice how he's doing DOH Hook Grip for his lower weight sets, and notice how many other lifters in the video that are lifting huge amounts are also using this grip. He's not gonna call them out on it cause there's nothing wrong with it.

Mixed grip and hook grip are mostly down to preference, although an advantage of mixed grip is less grip strength necessary at a potential risk of imbalance.

Now if you say that mixed grip is superior, then why doesn't your doctor do mixed grip with all his sets then?

Do you think that's something so difficult to accomplish that th only way to believe it is with a video? I'm 223 lbs, so it's not even close to impressive, but whatever, I'll end this conversation here :^)

e-statters btfo

>linking Alan thrall
LOL OMG FUCK OFF DYEL

you'll end this conversation because you got called on your e-stats

Mixed grip is OK sometimes, if you do it every time you're just fucking yourself in the long run

On the contrary, you are actually stronger with a double overhand. People use mixed grip to have more grip on the bar

there is literally nothing wrong with mixed grips if you do it with correct form

Are you the guy that cited Doctor Baraki as the diddly master? If so, then it doesn't matter if it's on someone else's channel because it's clearly Doctor Baraki giving advice on diddlys. If not, then fuck off.

No, mixed grip is used specifically to prevent biceps injury.

Does anyone in this thread have any idea what they're talking about just curious

ITT and every other thread like it: griplets who don't believe heavy doh deadlifts are possible

>mixed grip is used specifically to prevent biceps injury
everyone look at this retard

your best deadlift is a warmup for me

You're dyel. Your opinion doesn't matter. You're the call of duty kid who thinks he's in the military.

I can't watch the video right now but I doubt he's hook gripping his warm ups, he's probably just double overhanging them. I never said there's anything wrong with hook grip, you can do it if you want just don't shit on mixed grip

Nigger meme

Legit doesn't matter what you think of me, you're either trolling or a dumbass who thinks he's always right.

It's not my opinion - it's based on your own "proof" of what the best grip is. I'm literally just showing you the bigger picture of what you showed me.

I used something your low nigger iq level would understand since you said something utterly retarded

Kekked hard

>how many lbs he can lift
>not the definitive measure of strength

shoo shoo!

Uhhh... literally no one is doing double overhand (no hook) at any respectable level of powerlifting

Not even that user. I'm just pointing out that you're a niggerfaggot.

Bicep Tears

And again... I used something equally as stupid as his comment was so he would understand it. You retard

kys pls c:

Yep

What is technique? (Before you sperg out, for example, shortening your rom)

The moments along the length of the bar which is applied to the bar by friction acting around the surface of the bar act in opposite directions when you use mixed grip.
They cancel each other out and the bar does not spin out of your hands.
So you can hold onto heavier weight easier.

It's that simple.

Not him but there's a big difference between being able to lift 4pl8 double overhand vs mixed grip. I do double overhand, and I always struggle with the last rep on a 3pl8 working set, so I decided to try mixed grip and I pulled it no problem.

Did you realize then and there you need to quit wasting your time with double overhand?

You sure as fuck don't

No, instead I incorporated grip strength exercises into my program and now I double overhand 455

That's pretty dumb m8. You're limiting yourself with the double overhand meme.

I guarantee if you get stronger with mixed grip your double overhand will be stronger as well, and you'll just be stronger period.

I lift recreationally, I do it because it's fun. I just enjoy the lift more when it's overhand. I don't care about getting up to some ridiculous PR that I can brag about I'm just doing it for me, man.

>limiting the development of the rest of your body because of your grip strength

Christ, you're a retard.

There's literally nothing wrong with it. Once you start lifting more, it's nearly impossible to keep up with grip strength on deadlifts, especially with longer sets. Mixed grip allows you to train heavier.

Or you could just do both mixed grip and double overhand.
Since, you know, doing double overhand has more carryover to grip strength in the deadlift.

Done mixed grip for loads of years and a gazillion reps of deadlift and I'vr never had a problem or had uneven muscular development.

If you want to go heavy it's that or straps and mixed feels better than straps desu.

BASED Jordan Feigenbaum. Barbell Medicine is a phenomenal podcast.

>getting stronger is all that matters
>the weight you are lifting is meaningless

How the fuck do you expect people to measure strength then? These stats are the easiest way to measure progress

You're a fucking idiot.

do you like surgery?

this is hilarious

youtube.com/watch?v=pZgxkE-2QAw

pissening

My back and legs can, my fingers can't. Not having fingers ruin my back and leg workout. Also mixed grip has improved my overhand grip too.

notice how all the guys deadlfting when they tear it are bending their arm

You guys sound like crossfitters. Changing the exercise doesn't mean you can lift more weight. The weight you lift isn't meaningless but it becomes meaningless when you change the exercise in order to increase the weight, rather than increasing your strength.