Why do you still come here? This place is nothing else but shitposting, toxicity, and misinformation

Why do you still come here? This place is nothing else but shitposting, toxicity, and misinformation.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bNr4IPdZ3I4
youtube.com/watch?v=NNIWMX-r7iU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And willyposting!

>mfw i was going to make a thread that has the potential to turn into shitposting
>decide that it'll probably be fine
>see some threads in the catalog
>read the replies
That thread's going to wait a little while longer. The thread was meant to be about discussing how egypt lost its technological edge over the world, but you can see how that could go wrong.

It's basically /pol/ or /int/ without flags because of humanities and also poor moderation

WE

I know it has a lot of misinformation, but the memes can be good.

fucking mods delete every thread about black kangz in Egypt but keep daily Holocaust threads which are same ms paint pictures debunking again and again

*inhales*

At what point did /pol/tards invade en masse? They used to be BTFO left and right and Veeky Forums was free of contamination, especially between 2015-2016; we were Veeky Forums and /tv/ rolled into one, which is surprisingly better than most boards.

it was ghetto and sterile like a washboard

2016 election when tonnes of redditors turned up on /pol/ and then spread to other boards

I don't know. Practically the whole board is just dishonest, anti-intellectual ideologues with no genuine interest in history.

The board seems to be comprised of shitposters, Total War and Paradox fags, "I read a book once" intellectuals, Stormniggers and somewhere, actual history students and people interested in history.

Perhaps if we had decent moderation...

best we can do is report stuff /shrug

/pol/ singlehandedly ruined Veeky Forums culture.

>Perhaps if we had decent censorship...

To see if there are any actual threads about historical eras i know about or want to learn about that aren't shitposting. There never are

&Humanities really killed this board before it could get going.

i genuinely like history, kinda useless at thought when it first came out though but it was a welcome for some

To be honest Veeky Forums is pretty shit, just like the rest of Veeky Forums. Most posters are incredibly dumb, there are /pol/acks who come in and shit things up with little one line responses and their bizarre racial theories, the occasional communists, most of the time not a serious discussion of history but instead just trolling, reaction image spamming, nationalist dick-waving (I engage in it myself, to tell fucking wehraboos the good word about France), and it all repeats the next day because nothing can be settled.

But I like the free spirited nature of the place, and the fact that it does have a range of opinions. I consider myself to be a liberal, because the only other thing I might be close to is a radical centrist and that label is too shameful to be applied, but most of the sites I visit for history are essentially just the liberal view and anything else is not allowed - alternatehistory.com is the main one I think of for that. Everybody can post here, and nobody gets banned, and so as annoying as it is seeing /pol/ with the nth "Why didn't Africa develop civilization?: or "shoot the jewish communist niggers",

There are also the occasional gems. People on Veeky Forums tend to be autistic, and they'll specialize in individual subjects that aren't really of interest to anybody else. I remember once there was a thread with a guy who had taught himself how to read Mayan hieroglyphs. There's an incredible diversity of opinion, and while the WW2/communism type topics are miserable, specialized areas can be impressively good. And it covers really anything throughout history.

Also good memes to be honest.

Forgot to finish the line
>and nobody gets banned, and so as annoying as it is seeing /pol/ with the nth "Why didn't Africa develop civilization?: or "shoot the jewish communist niggers",
It is actually a bit refreshing sometimes, even if it gets old fast. You do see a really wide range of political and historical views here, and even if most of them are retarded and wrong, they do >really make you think

just make it, it is an anonymous image board and the thread you kill for it is probably worse

I come here to learn about history

This. It's also when "Reddit spacing" started being a thing, with the newfags desperately trying to prove they're part of the gang and distance themselves from their old haunt.

It wouldn't kill anything, board is only using 7 pages.

>having rules is censorship

I don't have anyone else to discuss history with

Just ban all WW2 discussion, and this is coming from someone who has some /pol/ views. Whenever I browse Veeky Forums, I automtically expect at least 3 threads about Hitler or WW2 on the front page. It's incredibly shallow just how little everybody gives a fuck about history that the only thing they can regurgitate is something they learned in school, and even then they're wrong most of the time.

I don't even care anymore, there wouldn't be a loss of anything due to the amount of misinformation that gets around, there would also be a lot less shit flinging and more actual conversation without passive aggressive faggotry.

>it's not censorship if it's rules :^)

wew no need to get triggered. It's no secret that nignogs love to wewuz.

>first year of Veeky Forums
>there used to be informative and by Veeky Forums standards, very scholarly historical threads
>entertaining memes were being created
>less cancerous trips
>contemporary Veeky Forums
>most posters knew about what historical books and films were good
>now every thread is opinion oriented and autism central
>cancerous namefags who cant be filtered
>no new memes from Veeky Forums because the general iq of the board is somewhere around 65
This is the greatest argument against immigration I can think of. Is it any wonder Veeky Forums GMP rock-bottomed into nothing after /p*l/, /i*t/, and re**it became the majority of the board? Can we even take back control from the n*wfags?

Whoops meant for:

you should find another place then, or just go read some books. This isn't a good site to learn about history

WUZ

KANGZ N JEWS N SHEEEEEEIT

ah yes, the great early Veeky Forumscussions

>"let me just cherrypick two threads"
>no one even replied to the obvious bait
If you had been browsing Veeky Forums for over a year and weren't a newfag you would understand. Veeky Forums board culture didn't even exist yet on it's second day of existence.

I don't know. I've been browsing Veeky Forums less and less, it's like the same discussions again and again, no one cares about actual history and humanities.
>"Why are women X" threads which are /r9k/ circlejerks
>haploautism wewuzzery
>Commies/libertarians shitposting helicopter/stalin memes thinking they can convince anyone
>Creating good memes (Voltaire, Charley II, Bomber Harris) and running them into the ground
>/pol/ and /leftypol/ engaging in keyboard wars
>Nationalists and boos seeking validation with no sources/informative posts, just shitflinging
>Veeky Forums faggots posting videogame threads with no historical information being discussed
>Known shitposters which people still reply to
>Meme threads which are basically Facebook meme page/group admins posting the same shit, no OC
>Crossposters in general
Just end this board or get a mod who can enforce the rules if only to scare away most shitposters.
I was going to mention /v/ and gamergate then I remembered that once /pol/ got a hold of it the movement lost its sight and became whining about feminists. Fucking hell and I thought console wars were the worst. I desperately want pre Youtube /v/ back.

He's right. And since the very beginning there's been retards crying about /pol/. Which is weird considering the reason this board exists is because anons on /pol/ kept asking for a history board.

The major problem with the WW1 and WW2 threads is the /int/ shit flinging. "Perfidious Anglo" and "Lmao Frogs btfo xD" and so on, for posts and posts and posts. Just fucking trash and stale memes.

It is hard to imagine someone taking pleasure in repeating such unfunny and stupid shit ad nauseum.

Moreover the board's worst problem is one liner threads, just started to /int/post. Like someone will post an OP with a screencap of some battle on wikipedia and say "the absolute state of g*rmans xD" or "frogs" or whatever the fuck.

>inb4 "reddit spacing"
Fuck off newfags.

>Veeky Forums culture

@4204558
Honestly yeah i just wanted to bait you with that image, but i think you're pretty much a clueless imbecile if you think early Veeky Forums was any better

>He's right.
>has no points
Nice argument.
>this board exists is because anons
From places like Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, and Veeky Forums kept asking for this board, but Moot never allowed it because of how atrocious /pol/ was, he thought they would escape containment and make the Veeky Forums board /pol/ with dates. Are you a redditor or something? Who hasn't seen Moot's famous ruling on this?

It's obvious that user is new, he didn't even mention /int/, let alone Veeky Forums.

Actual interest in history is rare. People live in the present, and only care about history to justify their ideology

>I was going to mention /v/ and gamergate then I remembered that once /pol/ got a hold of it the movement lost its sight and became whining about feminists
The fuck are you on about? It was never about literal who feminists, if anything it was supported by /pol/ originally then became some cuckfest when it became popular to try and save face for muh PR.

The whole issue was about corruption in the video game industry, then we had whorish "journalists" act as if they were the victims and tried to change the narrative into a feminist rally against "racist trolls" to try and hide their guilt.

t. Took part in the first exodus, 4cuck still seems trash if this board is anything to go by

I feel like Veeky Forums is:

20% quality history-religion discussion
30% mindless shitposting
50% whining like this thread

i feel like if the whiners took the stick out of their own ass and spent more time on discussing their Veeky Forums related interests and less time on crying and whining, Veeky Forums would be a nicer board for you and you wouldnt have anything to whine about

im just giving you guys a tip, i ignore both the shitposters and you crying babies and i enjoy the board

>Like someone will post an OP with a screencap of some battle on wikipedia and say "the absolute state of g*rmans xD" or "frogs" or whatever the fuck.

Report those threads or better yet make a good one you fucking idiot.

>It was never about literal who feminists
It was though. Hence "not your shield" becoming a thing.
>4cuck
Go back to your dead imageboard.
t. was part of the "stop giving Anita views", then "stop sending 'fuk u bitch' emails 'ironically'" crowd. I told you about stairs, bro.

Basically this.

No it wasn't. The only reason they were mentioned was because they were directly involved in having sex with the journalists for good reviews. It had nothing to do with "feminism" until they realised the vast majority of people are morons and they can flip the narrative around and spread disinformation about the situation.
>ST-STOP HARRASSING THEM!!
lol, this entire chan is Reddit, I'll stick with master race full/chan (lel it's even censored by that cuck moot who fucked over his oldfag userbase) it's embarrassing. Also nobody was harrassing/threatening the whores, they probably lied about it/exaggerated threats from children to garner sympathy and outrage. Stop being naïve for once in your life, please.

>shitty /pol/ bait threads stay alive here
>my honest post gets deleted

wtf janny

I don't understand how pregnant Anne Frank threads stay up but other stuff is low quality

>shitposting
That's where the fun is.

You wouldn't unironically believe I really come hereto discuss history, right?

Some disgusting whi*eloid neckbeard claimed this is not Joan of Arc, but to me, she always is Joan in my heart.

lmao right

kek

This. /pol/ brought the greatest invasion of newfags in the history of Veeky Forums.

I got banned here because I called the english the most sinful nation on earth

jesus chirst thats an objective truth

>misinformation
I'm the one responsible for that

I keep coming back because though they are few and far between you'll still find posts like this every now and again.

I love history, always have, and Veeky Forums is a place where I can talk about it with people who may genuinely want to know more just I like I do. I love being able to share things I know and in return learn a few things I didn't.

In the meantime, I'll just lurk

I'm fairly certain that pic is from /k/

>Why do you still come here?
Out of habit and ease of checking out how things are. I can quickly check the catalog and go do something else after seeing how many threads are double doggy shit.

Boy-yo, that is from the legendary Rwanda thread on Veeky Forums.

It wasn't, it was Veeky Forums. I was in that thread and then this one when the same user came back and expanded on it.

Fair enough
Yeah I remember being in that thread, good on ya for saving the posts.

/k/ is also /pol/tier shithole most of the time. Highly degenerated and sinophobic like most boards of this weebsite. I can easily bait a bunch of paranoid psychos by posting China-related topics.

Veeky Forums is already relatively nice compare to other boards.

>I can easily bait
You are part of the problem

literally one informative copy pasta in three (3) years? lmao

tfw i'm quoted

Nah but it was the one that put the final nail in the coffin

Means you should probably stop shitposting desu

This. It was mainly /b/ before that. Ironic shitposting became actual shitposting.

hmmm i don't think so sweetie. i make discussion here often

In the beginning, there was good /k/posting about wars and weapons tech. Now it's /pol/ race baiting and &humanities bullshit.

EASY BILLY
YOU MAY BE THE KAISER, BUT YOU'RE TALKING TO THE KING

There was that one hundred years war user. That was pretty cool. But yeah, I don't know. I mostly just call Christposters faggots.

I came for the history, and I stayed for the memes

Agreed.

I'm here for the memes, its not like i expected you fucks to teach me anything.

This, they need to be consistent

I come here to learn about history, because I'm interested but not super familiar with the topic.

There is no other place for me to debate historical questions :^( ...Although I guess we don't always do that here, either. The memes are mighty fine though.

lol glhf

>This place is nothing else but shitposting, toxicity, and misinformation.
That's why I come here.

>I've been browsing Veeky Forums less and less, it's like the same discussions again and again, no one cares about actual history and humanities
Same with me, really. It's pretty sad. I used to love Veeky Forums. I once argued for five hours with one user about him deriving some shitty morality from the fact of evolutionary struggle. I used to effortpost. Now it doesn't feel as if there's anything. it's just /int/-tier shitposting, but not as funny. The discussions were always of poor quality, but they at least happened, as seriously as it's possible on this shitty site.
Shit, I even kind of miss those stemfagging threads.

Veeky Forums hasn't been relevant in close to a decade and /int/ is just /pol/ with interpals threads.

>I can easily bait a bunch of paranoid psychos by posting China-related topics.
Stop bullying your neighbors and people will stop being "paranoid" about you Chang.

>debunking

You're right. I like being able to use the collection of pepes, memes, and anime reaction pictures I've accumulated to help articulate posts I make with an emotional/pictoral supplement; but the conversations here aren't productive, nor are they generally speaking educational... the site did, however, serve another occult purpose for me.

>Really makes ya think.

youtube.com/watch?v=bNr4IPdZ3I4

youtube.com/watch?v=NNIWMX-r7iU

>Sometimes "fun", is a sufficient end, in and of itsel.

this thread is an attempt by /pol/ to run off the good posters, probably because this is a board where they consistently get BTFO when facts are applied.

Veeky Forums is by far one of the best boards on Veeky Forums and yes there's a lot of /pol/ shitflinging, but the majority of stuff is great and there's some real interesting threads here.

This sub is great, I always learn loads of stuff here; it's comfy.

Why don't you make a thread of what you're interested in? There's an almost infinite amount of historical era and topics, you can't expect everyone else to post your interest.

Huey Long memes

ebin

What happened to Veeky Forums?

/int/ is /pol/ but instead of nonwhite people larping as white people it's white people larping as nonwhites

I like this board, it's autistic and funny to discuss history here.
I like that it has tons of retarded RTS faggots who are obsessed with military, map, territory and ideology while at the same time having some serious Veeky Forums posters who care more about cultural, economic and political history.
Some times you can even get some good information and enlightened posts here and there.

It's fun posting in Veeky Forums like in good ol day and you're retarded if you come here to do "serious business".

You

This is Veeky Forums, go somewhere else for facts and shit.