Why does noone make these but me

I stg

Other urls found in this thread:

deansomerset.com/shoulder-position-for-the-overhead-squat/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

here, some fap material for ya, bro

>let
>emasculated

Only cucks "let" "their" women think and act for themselves.

what did he mean by this?

he means this

imagine the fact that there are beta orbiters who would kill to have sex with this dumb whore

god damn, i wish i could get a girl like rebeka koha

it makes me very sad knowing I will never date her

at a summer conference with a shitty uni gym with just a squat rack, no bumpers or a properly spinning bar. haven't done snatches or cleans in two weeks. feels bad man.

just doing SQUAT ERRYDAY and shitposting webms when I can

>squat everyday

nothing better to do without proper equipment. that and getting my upper body strength up.

also forgot my webm

how is your fatigue

and how often do you train

this sounds like an omega meme?

When should I start using knee wraps and for which exercises?

do i need to join an olympic weightlifting gym to do the lifts properly?

i dont think my commercial gym will appreciate me trying to teach myself how to snatch and c&j

>2017
>biological women competing in women's weightlifting

Why even bother?

Panzer is it true that you virgin walk up to the platform?

they never learn

I go to a gym where she occasionally lifts. Her dad works there too

WHOS DIS SEMON DEMON

>Why does noone make these but me

Because olympic weightlifting is retarded, has basically no carryover to any sport and it isn't a proper strength test by its very nature and no one in this shitty board will ever be good enough at barbell ballet in order to be relevant.

How do i get into weightlifting?

>this sport doesn't have carryover to other sports
Wow

yeah that's a good point, I wonder if any football players have tried power cleans before. Probably not though, you said there's no carryover

rape her

How often do you guys do pressing work?

power cleans are still pretty technical, and not that good of power developer compared to other exercises.

i think oly is a nice sport, but the other user kinda said the truth.

From what I've seen power cleans and clean pulls are common for football weight training. They do it a bit differently though. They really only care about the triple extension, and they never drop under to catch the weight because they're careful about knees.

Do you guys have a specific routine for mobility?

All hail the glorious return of the /owg/

What are one arm dumbbell snatches good for? I can now do 5 sets of 3 for each hand with 28kgs, what muscles should I expect to get stronger?

I just about stretch everything and roll up before my workouts, but that's about it. I'd also like to hear some mobility drills you guys do.

Bumperino

Is our boy off cycle? He looks smaller than usual and his lifts are way lower- Gravitus workouts say he's pause squatting 260x1, which he used to do for 5x5

Experienced PL, want to get to /owg/, no coach until next semester starts. Hows my layout?
>A
Front squat
Push press/CGBP/Press
Box jump/clean pull/lower body accessory
Upper accessory
>B
Back squat
Behind the neck press/overhead squat
Snatch pull/box jump/lower accessory
Upper accessory

6 days per week alternating

You'll find 'hardcore' gyms that let you do them easily enough. Shop around.

A basic structure for someone who wants to increase his numbers while limited by a commerical gym may be:

>A-B-A--B-A-B
>A:
>Overhead Press
>Snatch Grip High Pull
>Front Squat
>Hypers - 8-12 reps per set

>B:
>Push Press
>Clean Grip High Pulls
>Back Squat
>Good Mornings - heavy

Either do WU then 3x5 if you're a clear novice, WU>3x3 otherwise, then when experienced consider 3(50%)/3(60)/3(70)/2(80)/1(90) - add reps until you are doing 3's across then add weight.

The above will make you much stronger and better conditioned for when you are in a position to snatch/c&j fully.

>power cleans

PCs ain't a snatch oor clean and jerk. PCs may have a benefit on athletic performance, but, in fact, aren't even beneficial for olympic lifters.

The user you're replying to is correct. OW would be best described as being an 'expression' of the lifters strength, and modern - since the press was dropped - oly lifters are no longer competitive as strength athletes. Mark my words, if Eddie Hall competed in oly he would smash all super heavy records instantly. (Inb4 the 'roids' boogeyman - Alexeyev did all his lifting on only 20-40mg of DBOL per day for, IIRC, 24 weeks at a time. The lifters today are on much more than that.)

I also say this as someone who can SPLIT snatch more than most reading this can deadlift.

Here's my basic:

Stretching (most are yoga names-ish for easier google searching):

>Prayer pose, push down
>Child's Pose
>Cobra
>Warrior Pose
>Squat sits
>1x20-30 seconds

Rotation:

>Wrist circles
>Air Curls (flex my fingers out at bottom to stretch them additionally)
>Arm Circles
>Side to side bends
>Torso rotations
>Forward bends into back bends
>Air Squats
>Heel kickbacks
>Calf raises
>1x20

It's a lot less complicated than some, but I feel it's all you need to do. Especially as an amateur.

My advice would be to simply practice snatches and clean and jerks 3xweek as a beginner. I.e.:

>8-15x1 on both, take a vague 50% max on both, add weight briskly until your form breaks down, do a few sets of singles at 90% of that weight
>3x3 Front Squat
>Add a press of your choice on T/T (overhead would be best) with abs & lower back
>3-6 months

What you need as a beginner is to practice the lifts. What you've listed is anything but that. Also, as an experienced powerlifter, you have the strength base and tools to jump straight in. Focus on 'technique' and doing anything but doing the two lifts is why Anglo's lift so poorly today.

I don't know how to do the lifts and I can't get anyone to teach me until late august.

I am working on reinforcing the positions though, aren't I? I mean I've barely front squatted previously and I fell into the rack and nearly cut my thumb off trying to overhead squat 1pl8

Why is squatting so hard? I've only been lifting six months so bear with me.

They said my quads are weak, I get them much bigger and stronger via leg press.

I get my dead lift up to 450.

My back squat is still 250 pounds poverty shit. And that is hard as fuck and doesn't feel natural. Low bar high bar whatever.

Ugh. I'll never be anything decent when it comes to oly lifting

even though it does sound like you might be a femurcuck, your real problem is very likely simply the fact that you are unathletic and can't coordinate bending your knees with a correct hip hinging pattern

I think I'm a femurcuck. That's what my physio surmised but I don't want to accept that.

Or I'm an unathletic shit. Maybe both.

Thanks

Hi /owg/, I want to start doing overhead squats. I'm a dancer and want to strengthen my core and stabilisers for posture and all that gold shit. I'm noob at lifting though; back squat at 60kg, OHP at 35kg. Doing 3 reps of OHS with just the bar wrecks me. Should I wait until I'm stronger? Also, any good videos or resources for learning form?

This is my routine ATM
A
Squat, bench, row, lateral raise, calf raise, planks
B
Sumo DL, OHP, chins, calf raise, planks

Been messing with OHS on my B day.

Get your hip hinging pattern correct so you balance the weight in the most efficient manner. Even if you are a femurcuck, based on the fact that you can pull over 200kg you should be able to retard strength at least 140kg with a correct movement pattern.

You're helping me.

How do I fix butt wink? I'm in only shoes and seem to have decent hamstring flexibility. It's a strength/engagement issue?

>They said my quads are weak, I get them much bigger and stronger via leg press.
I know this is a oly thread but seems like you already got the job done via leg press, do what works

But the squat isn't any better: I don't feel it in my ass at all when I squat either. My squat is trash

Wl movements are making my knees tight / sore. I foam roll / warmup before every workout but still feel it. No pain at this point.

Any tips to rehab/prehab or areas to better mobilize?

Doesn't matter. Your best correct snatch may be only 30kg before your form breaks down. Do that as described. As an 'experienced powerlifter' strength-form will come along very quickly. Though, not to offend, you don't sound very experienced when you say you have barely front squatted. What is your best bench/squat/dead?

Having real trouble? Try split style. Technique follows strength, but strength doesn't follow technique. It's the obsession on the English world with 'form' that has crippled the sport in those countries since the 70s.

How often do you squat? Really?

You can progress in dead with one session a week, but squatting requires more. Only do it once some weeks? That's your problem.

190/120/230 in comp. I never did much front squatting because I rarely ran programs that featured them, my front rack was/is awful.

So no back squatting at all? And should I keep the 6 day a week setup?

Try to do it 3x a week. And my knees want to cave too. Fuck

I think honestly butt wink is mostly down to hip morphology Tbh, I guess it could be amended by improved t-spine mobility, hip rotation (aka hip hinging pattern) and more core stability.

Squatting (heavy) everyday is very viable, just don't do too much volume

>get done being sick
>looking forward to training again
>lower back issue rears its ugly head again

Sucks

Might actually have to go see a doctor for this, was hoping it wasn't permanent but it doesn't seem to be going away on its own

Na she probably got hep c now from fucking with black guys

No need to wait. Do them every day if you like, ohs is very easy to recover from. It's unclear that it will be useful, but at least they're fun and impressive to most people

Bump

>I get them much bigger and stronger via leg press
The leg press transfers like shit to squats.

I know. My ass is still nonexistent.

Are you doing plyometrics, perchance? Box jumps used to fuck up my knees, so I quit them for a while and now do once a week and not pushing it so much. Are you doing your stretches? Tight quads (I don't know how, but some people tend to not stretch them) also can give knee pain.
I hope this helps you some.

Squats tend to use ass a good deal.

I literally only do about 5 squat attempts each day. If it's front squats I do a single at 60kgs, 100kgs, 115kgs, and two heavy attempts, the max being belted. Back squats it's similarly 60, 100, 120, and two heavy attempt, belt on top set as well. Maxes are sitting at 138 and 150 at about 85kgs. I do a few back off sets, which are just paused squats for 2x2 85%. Been doing this 5 days a week. Heavy daily squatting is definitely doable natty as long as you're healthy outside the gym. Also helps if you're squatting bitch weight like me. Not really concerned with upping the numbers a ton since my squat-classics ratio is awful. Clarence style of doing either 3x10, 5x5, 8x3 or 10x1 every single day to a max is not possible natty.

Quads have always been pretty tight.

If plyos are a culprit, I'm wondering if it has to do with the way I'm receiving the bar

Such wrong

This is such a bad troll, but I'll take the bait. Eddie Hall might be unbelievably strong, but he doesn't have the technique to compete in the olympic lifts at the highest level. Not saying he couldn't learn them, but super heavyweights that are "weaker" would definitely out snatch and clean and jerk him because of their superior technique. Could they press and deadlift as much as him? Probably not, but olympic lifters also don't train those lifts like he does. Strongmen and powerlifters have crossed over into olympic lifting and gotten shit on. Mark Henry diddly'd 900lbs raw in competition and never snatched more than 175kgs on the olympic stage. Shane Hamman's best equipped squat was 457.5kgs, yet he never finished higher than 7th at the olympics. Both amazing feats IMO, but proof that superior technique can trump strength. Also, SHWs at the top level nowadays are not particularly weak, they tend to squat 400+kgs ATG high bar, push press well over 180, etc. Also, Alexeev is an awful example because drug testing was close to nonexistent during his lifting career. Not saying that a lot of countries have super strict OOC testing (because they don't outside of the Western hemisphere), but at the very least there is testing at international comps, whereas there is none in strongman. I also don't think you can split snatch 165kgs. In fact, I know you can't.

Damn Clarence got some big tiddies

If you're coming in from a PL background you need to be careful with technique and work on developing explosive speed.

Technique wise, you're at a point where you have a lot of strength developed but you don't know how to perform the oly lifts. This can lead to a bad situation where you're trying to muscle through the lifts rather than learning to do them properly. Go easy and focus on technique for a while.

PL also teaches you to pull slow and grind out super heavy reps. You're going to need to train your body to be explosive now. Box jumps are good. I would also recommend you change up your squats a bit. Focus on a slow, controlled descent, then try to make the ascent as explosive as possible.

Also for your back squat you should be doing high bar if you're not already. You want your torso position while squatting to be as similar to your clean catch position as possible. Low bar squatting teaches you to get to the bottom of a squat with a greater torso lean. This is not conducive to oly lifting.

Yes, I already squatted very upright, was blessed with short femurs. I also definitely focus on speed, I've basically been running Bulgarian as you can see and my max set is whenever the bar slows down too much.

Also should I do full lifts as suggested earlier or wait with that? I don't mind waiting until I am under supervision and can stick to pulls and jumping.

The other big factor is speed. Even if Eddie Hall started training oly full time, he might never reach a competitive level if he doesn't have the necessary speed.

Very true. Takes a very different kind of strength to deadlift 500kgs in a suit with straps than to snatch 217kgs. Not saying strongmen don't have amazing explosive strength (because they do), it's just not sport specific to weightlifting.

The left outside of my left calf hurts a ton on the upwards portion of squats. Gets worse at higher weights and can feel it up to 2 weeks later just slav squatting up and down. Been dealing with this on and off for 1/2 a year now. I think it might be a mobility issue but just thought I'd check and see if anyone else has this problem. TY

Every session, or every other session, my press is really weak

If you've got coaching coming up just wait so they can teach you

If you're going to have a coach starting August/September it might be best to wait for the coach to teach you properly. What you don't want is to start ingraining bad patterns in. 2 months or so isn't a long time, it might be best to focus on getting stronk and fast in the squat.

If you do want to start on your own, my suggestion would be start at the top and move down. So start with tall cleans, then hang cleans, then cleans from the floor.

Make a habit of stretching your calf/ankle and foam rolling.

Yes I'll be going to a lifting club as soon as I go back to school, they seem to use programming by Takano, anyone got experience with that?

So I could really just continue as is then? practice explosive pulls and unfamiliar positions like front rack and overhead.

Any recommended stretches? Otherwise I'll just look some up and that should work.

Your shoulders are possibly immobile, and weak in the position that they need to be in. This is often why people struggle with the overmeme squat
Here's a helpful link
deansomerset.com/shoulder-position-for-the-overhead-squat/

You should dedicate a few days a week to work on mobility. Get your hips and ankles open for good squats, work on getting a comfortable front rack position, get proper shoulder mobility for the snatch, etc.

My hips and ankles are really good already, all I do are frog stretches with bands and foam roll quads every sunday. T-spine and shoulders are garbage though, probably from Sheiko bench.

Do some lunges, and pistol squats, and someone once recommend single leg decline eccentric quarter squats
Check your technique, mobility, and recovery

Check your form

So on the 4th of July I slipped and hit my kneecap really hard on concrete. It's not fractured/broken but I likely have a bone bruise that will take 2-3 weeks to heal. I can walk and shit but I can't do any lifting on it in the mean time. I can't even push press. Any ideas for a routine I can do in the mean time?

I was thinking putting a lot of focus into OHP, bench press, dips, pull ups/chin ups, back extensions. Any ideas for more exercises? I want more back work, but I don't want to do dumbbell or barbell rows.

Cable rows

>I was thinking putting a lot of focus into OHP, bench press, dips, pull ups/chin ups, back extensions.
Those all sound like good options. You could try some seated good mornings, too. And, upper-back-wise, what said. Ruling out DB and BB rows leaves you pretty much empty-handed as far as horizontal pulling goes. Maybe you could do supine rows, but it's hard to overload on those and they might be too light. Some more core work might be nice, too, since you'll probably have extra time, and core work is never bad.

>Ruling out DB and BB rows leaves you pretty much empty-handed as far as horizontal pulling goes

I know. I want to do them but I don't want to ave my knee supporting the weight for BB rows or my knee up on a bench for DB rows. Actually tried DB rows today and they were pretty uncomfortable. Maybe some kind of seated row.

>MFW I SEE WOMEN DOING MEN SPORTS

seal row dude, you don't need a high bench if you do them with dumbbells.

>Maybe some kind of seated row.
Cable rows? Maybe elastic band rows, if your gym has fuck-all machines.
This is also an option, but IMO it's a pain in the ass to set up (because a regular bench is too low on the ground for good ROM) and will look awkward as fuck - if you care about that.

could just use a slight incline Tbh buddy boyo

Welp, now I feel dumb.

I know that feeling every day bro

want to be fren?

ye sur're a goo d frien :)

want donut
?

no thenk
doc sade its bad for mi die beatles :(