/fat/ "Swimming Lessons" edition

Previous
>Who is /fat/ for?
for /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Other urls found in this thread:

au.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/my-fettuccine/11095012.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm eating at 500-700 deficit and walk 10 km a day, is it possible to lose at least a bit with this?

Went low carb lads, nothing I want more now than to murder a pizza

tonight its chicken thighs

yes

no

maybe

Well, 500-700 deficit off 12k isn't much better.

Could you repeat the question?

When do I actually start to feel like I've lost weight! Scale goes down every week but my body looks the fucking same clothes still fit the fucking same and I can't tell if the scale is just wrong now.

You're not the boss of me now

So when do you start feeling, well, less fat?
I've lost about 10kg but I feel I look like the same as ever. I've been told I look a bit thinner, but I really don't feel it, and it was Mom, so it doesn't count, right?

lel I hadn't seen your post.

For me it was when I climbed a flight of stairs I hadn't climbed in like a year.

Would usually feel winded by the time I got to the top, but that time I didn't feel anything. It was kind of surreal.

au.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/my-fettuccine/11095012.html

Have any of you tried this shit? I miss pasta so fucking badly this seems almost too good to be true. I am guessing it makes you constipated or is poison or tastes like satan's asshole but if not I'm buying a fuck load and going to town

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'm so hongry

i was actually a pretty good swimmer, but now i'm too embarrassed to hit the pool. someday......

CONFESS MY CHILD

Off 2.5k actually

>qt from work notices your weight loss

It's time for me to accept that my weight loss isn't slow or gradual, but non existent. At least I figured out what it's like to eat at maintainance.

I'm going to stick to 1500 kcal per day now.

How do I not fuck up my lunch? What's a good lunch that not only fills you for the rest of the day but is low in calories?

>it's only 2 pm
>only 800 kcal are left

im clean af padre i didnt do cardio this morning though

Does rainman or getsirius still post here?

T-they're on to us

>Be me losing weight consistently for a month and a half
>decide to join the weight loss tournament
>heck yeah this time im definitely gonna go far
>plateau

Eat up to 1500 kcal and walk 10km.

By deficit it could mean I spend 600 kcal in cardios but I end up eating 2100kcal, So you'd be better off doing 1500 kcal day, and sometimes 1800.

I ate half of pastry yesterday. I even had troubles just eating half and was starting to feel full when I took the last bite. What have you done to me, /fat/?
I think I'll take a small bite today just for the taste and throw the rest into the trash.

If I lived in my own I'd never be fat I reckon. I would just buy the cheapest healthy foods since I would be scared to waste money.

But I don't live on my own HAHAHAHA

eat less faggot

Ate too much sodium today

Is it okay to eat at maintenance on workout day, while on other days i keep a deficit?

Same. I'm down 30 pounds and feel fatter than ever. I took a before picture though and when I compare my pics now to that I can definitely see the difference.

Bunch of teens who think that losing weight is a fast process.

Usually have cheese stick and apple for snack at work. This time though I bought a 170 cal bag of pretzels and a 320 cal bag of trail mix. I'm still under my calories but just barely.

Chicken and veggie stir fry. 1 chicken breast cut small. Saute. Add in about a cup or more of frozen mixed veggies. Use plenty of oil. (Make sure you track the oil though because the food absorbs some of it.)

This meal costs like $1.

Consume fewer calories.

>we need to bully people on Veeky Forums
What a newfag. I've been on Veeky Forums since 2005 and I guarantee you nothing he could ever say could phase me, or anybody else, to the point of leaving the board to protect my feefees

Welcome to how normal people eat. You put food in until you're hungry and throw the rest away. Go full Stacey mode, take a couple sips out of a small Starbucks frappe and toss the rest.

>Huh, where did those 2lbs come from?

I'm sorry for your loss.

How fast do you want to get thin?

Buy 5 small containers for easy transport to school work. Fill them. You can do it with whatever you want but some mix of protein, legumes, vegetables and rice. My current mix:

>1 chicken breast, diced
>Roasted broccoli
>Red kidney beans
>Rice medley (brown, red and wild rice mix)
>Soy sauce or coconut aminos for flavouring

Fill your containers. Throw them in the fridge or freezer. Microwave and eat. Track your calories and fit the fillings to your macros

The advice I've always received is to not "eat back" the calories you burn during exercise. It's really hard to know how much you're truly burning so it's very easy to over-estimate your calorie allowance and end up gaining instead of maintaining.

It feels good to think of exercise as bonus gains instead of putting yourself through the strain and ending up the same as you would have if you ate your normal deficit and sat on your ass

>microwaving stuff
Isnt that bad?

The only arguments against microwaving are hippy muh radiation bullshit

Eating more calories than you need is bad

>eat a can of tuna in at noon
>go get my cheat meal
>slap that shit it into mfp
>3000+mg
Can't say i haven't thought about purging

No. In fact, microwaving vegetables is the best way to cook them. Also, don't trust a chef without a microwave in the kitchen. It has MANY uses beyond reheating day old macaroni.

why would it be bad?

Sodium won't kill your gains, just delay them

Learn and move on. Purging is unhealthy behaviour

No way I'm spending that much for their shit coffee, and just a few sips at that.

I don't even like most of the worst shit, mostly it was I had gotten lazy, ate too much at meals (mostly healthy-ish but fucked up quantities) and had started snacking to compensate boredom.

Trying to not to lose muscle, everyone says lifting and fuck loads of muscle, pretty hard going trying to get like 150 grams of protein into 1500 calories. Doesn't leave much room for anything else

dude chicken breast ahaha protein shake lmao xD

I'm already down from 150kg to 84 my goal is 75, so time is no problem for me, i just want to avoid those urges to binge after working out, so i thought maintenance might work atleast on those days

Muscle loss during cuts is a meme unless you have both a lot of muscle and fat. If you're a regular overweight or skinnyfat guy, you probably don't have any significant muscle mass to begin with. You can cut 50-60% of your tdee and not lose any muscle mass depending on your body fat percentage. If you're at 20-25%+ bf, almost all of your weight loss will be fat.
Worry about muscle during and after a bulk.

Aye exactly I guess this is my life now haha, everything I eat has to be high fucking protein

wow congrats dude that's an amazing loss

What factors causes loose skin? How much you'd have to lose to develop it?

Ok thanks, I'll try and keep protein up anyway but not worry too much about it, I'm 5 11, 208lbs down from around 250. Have lifted before and been making good progress all throughout my cut so just want to avoid hitting skinnyfat and at least have a decent base of muscle to bulk from once I hit a low body fat percentage.

stretch marks, generally
if new skin has grown to accomodate the fat, then it's gonna sag when the fat in gone

I had a McFlurry Salted Caramel yesterday.

It was really good though.

Thanks

What would you consider a "lot of muscle"?

It makes the food feel worse. Heating is uneven and everything is soggy.
It's fine. You're not eating a chef meal. You're eating to lose weight. If you don't have the willpower to cook everyday, it's absolutely fine. Losing weight should be your focus.

I have a lot of stretch marks on biceps but they dont look that bad

buy one as a sample. Try it. Figure it out yourself.
Myprotein is a renowed quality product site, the composition will be good by health standards; the taste might not suit you.

Significantly more than your average skinnyfat or overweight numale.

I don't even have those anymore.
Local McD used to do them with pieces of local biscuits in, and with melted white chocolate. They stopped both options. What's even the point anymore?

swear Im going to eat something from the market at the weekend so fucking hungry.

Unless you have been lifting for a significant amount of time before deciding to lose weight you almost certainly don't have a 'lot of muscle'.

I'm a bit above an overweight numale, but I probably shouldn't be worried?

The only time I go to McDonalds is to try seasonal stuff. The McDonalds in my country almost never has any good stuff though.

I used to be lifting before, but it has been very much on and off since then. I don't even do a 2plaete bench or 3plaete squat, so I shouldn't really think about it too much.

I get my 90 grams of protein from around 900 calories, I think the most I got was 107g protein out of it. Still could do much more if I only stuffed myself with meat/egg/milk/cottage cheese (which is basically what I do, save for adding a bit of fruit to my cottage cheese, and veggies to my meats). If you need carbs with protein, try whole wheat pasta - if you really need to- and beans.

I just make it my cheat meal once in a while, I guess. Reasonably, still.
I don't know how some of you guys manage to eat 2000, 3000 or 4000 calories in one sitting.

calculate your lean body mass from your bf%.

You probably don't have to worry, but it's better safe than sorry. No real reason not to eat enough protein.

The meal simply doesn't stop when you are full. And fat people have a much higher mental barrier for full.

I still know I could finish a 15" pizza with ease in one sitting but my days of doing that are done with.

I could probably pound down 2k calories in a sitting, but I've never been much for soda, so I would probably have a harder time.

Thats a heavy dinner user. just skip snacks. you dont need that shit

>6'4 used to be almost 400lbs
>could float in the water all day
>now 210lbs and can't float anymore and realized I really never learned how to swim because I was always fat and just floated

>measure bf% with site
>28% bf
>fat mass 34 kg
>lean mass 86 kg

>upper abs are showing
>still have a canonball gut in the lower half

This is even worse than being overweight, at least the fat is consistent then. Now it just looks retarded.

>sailrabbit says that my tdee is 3k
>eat 1.2k-1.5k

really makes you think

Can you eat carbs if you are intermittent fasting or will that cause you to lose muscle? Like what if I wanted to eat stir fry every day with fish or chicken and some rice as my only meal?

are we back?

h-hello?

y-you too

You lost a hole human bean's worth of weight

Nice job user

I've got a job interview tomorrow.

How do I look a little less fat tomorrow? Low salt?

>carbs
>lose muscle

I blame the ketofags for this. You lose muscle if your caloric deficit is too high. Carbs if anything will help maintain muscle seeing as they are the things that assemble the amino acids into muscle.

How come you lose less muscle on keto than a diet with carbs included then eating the same amount of calories?

There is no scientific evidence of that.

Are complete proteins a myth?
E.g: beans must be eaten with rice, corn or grain to form a complete protein, otherwise it's useless to eat

That's a muscle building issue, not a losing fat one.

Please respond

What is it with this fucking board and their disgusting mirrors? I can't believe this shit, literally every mirror progress, current body picture I see in a mirror is fucking stained with who knows what disgusting substance...
Would you let someone into that bathroom?
It takes literally 5 seconds a day to do one clean wipe with a wet cloth and cleaning product every day. Just do it after you've finished using the sink for the day.
Please dear god!

also
>CLEAN YOUR FUCKING ROOMS FATTIES

Fast

Water fast

Run for an hour in the morning before you get ready

Wait a sec, it's not a job interview, it's Apple's fat losing contest weight-in.