/Routine General/

Welcome to /Routine General/

Share your lifting routine and ask questions you may have about exercises and programming.
Some quick info for beginners

>#1: Read the Sticky

>If you want to gain/lose weight, track your calories
>If you are just getting started, a proven and popular program is always going to be better than something you came up with, save yourself the time and headaches
>SS, GSLP, Reg Park's, ICF, SL or any Linear Progression Strenght program based on the big 3 lifts will be ok

>Wanna get into Powerlifting? Candito's program is a good place to start
>Want some more aesthetics? Look into Greyskull LP, it's a template you can customize, the book's pdf is pretty easy to get. Pic related is a good version

>Bodyweight exercises, while not the best for muscle gain, are a good gauge to know if you're gaining too much fat too quickly. If your Rows and DL are progressing but your pullups are laggin behind, chances are you gotta cut back on the milk and oats

>Unless you're pretty advanced, Cut/Bulk is not really needed, just stay at a sensible bf%, eat healthy food you're gonna be ok

>"Cardio kills gains" is a meme, if you want to be healthy you need your cardiovascular system in check. Just lifting weights is not enough
>Low intensity cardio is not the best but it's better than nothing, lifting & being able to run 5k is better than just lifting weights and sitting on your ass all day
>HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) is the best both for cardiovascular health and weight loss purposes. Do that if you dont have time to run for 50 minutes

>You should be STRETCHING every day. Make it a habit. Mobility/Flexibility iscrucial both for gains and lift safety.
>"Starting Stretching" is a good place to start
>10 mins of stretching twice a day, morning and evening, or just once if you dont have the time
>Do not static stretch before lifting, stretching cold muscles makes them more prone to injury and somewhat hinders you strenght

>After 4-6 months on a LP beginner program, if you are struggling to progress and have been deloading a bunch, you might wanna look into a more intermediate program.
>If you keep progressing by all means ride out that linear progression as much as you can

Some popular Intermediate routines are

>Texas Method
>Madcow's
for maximum strenght gainz
>PHUL
Good trade-off between Strenght and Aesthetics
>PPL
more aesthetics-centric, good if you can go 5-6 days a week
Some more routines in the pic related

Don't do brosplits. Your muscles take around 48 hours to regenerate after a workout. Training them once a week is a loss of potential gains, also those routines are filled with volume, due to them being 1 or 2 muscle groups per day, so strenght gains are non-existent.

This is the routine I'm currently on, since June.
I started out 1.5yrs ago with SS, went on to GSLP and then PHUL. Finally settled on this ULPP (Upper Lower Push Pull)
I think this is a good routine if you dont wanna completely forget legs but also dont want to train them twice a week

My strenght has been progressing fine on it, also thanks to the 531 rep scheme on the big 4 compound lifts
If you're having problems with normal progression, check it out, or any kind of periodization, they definitely help

>Day 1 - Upper Power
Bench Press 531
Cable crossovers 3x10
Chinups 3xF + Pulldowns 3x8
Rows 3x5
OHP 3x5-8
Curl variation 3x10
Tricep Pushdown/LTE 3x10

>Day 2 - Lower Power
Squat 531
Leg Press 3x10
Deadlift 2x5 (80% 5RM)
Leg Curl/RDL 3x10
DB Lunges 3x10 (per leg)
Calf raises 3x15

>Day 3 - Push
Overhead Press 531
Dips 3xF
Bench 3x8
Cable crossovers 3x10
Incline DB press 3x10
Tricep pulldowns/LTE 3x10
Cable lateral raises 3x10

>Day 4 - Pull
Deadlift 531
Chinups 3xF sset Pulldowns 3x8
Rows 3x8
1arm DB rows 3x10
Rack Pulls -
Facepulls 3x15
Curl variation 3x10

notes: I'm working on my weak chinups/pullups, hence the extra volume.
I do ab work everyday, stretch daily and run 3 times per week

I've posted my modified Upper/ Lower split 2 times, haven't gotten any criticism yet. Hope someone rates it or critiques this time.

Lower 1:
- Front Squat 4x10
- Deadlifts 5/3/1
- Calf Extensions 4xF
- Leg Raises 4x12
- Leg Press 3x5
- Leg Curls 4x10

Upper 1:
- Overhead Press 3x5
- Bent Over Rows 3x5
- Incline DB Press 4x10
- Lat Pulldowns 4x10
- Face Pulls 4x10
- Tricep Pushdowns 4x10
- BB Curls 5x5

Lower 2:
- Squats 3x5
- Straight Leg Deadlifts 4x10
- Calf Extensions 4xF
- Leg Raises 4x12
- Leg Press 4x10
- Leg Curls 3x6

Upper 2:
- Bench Press 3x5
- Weighted Pull ups 3x5
- BB Front Raises 4x10
- Closed Grip Lat Pulldowns 4x10
- Face Pulls 4x10
- Tricep Pushdowns 4x10
- BB Curls 4x10

Considering moving Arms to lower day, removing Leg Press.
Doing Bench Press and Incline Press 1st and 2nd on Upper days

Good routines for upper body STRENGHT? Legs are naturally enhanced by me being a lardass.

Forgot to list my stats:

> 5'6 145 lbs, (inb4 manlet)

> Deadlift 285 x 1
> Squat 205 x 3
> Bench Press 195 x 2

Oh wait, ULPP seems to be fitting. Also 4 days seem to be great for me. Was thinking about doing PPL but with random leg exercises at the end of PP days instead of full-scale leg days.

I'd definitely add another chest exercise on upper, right now you are doing just one
I tried adding arms to leg days but I didnt really like it
I also would divide betwee power and hypetrophy days, that should help a bit with recovery and volume

you're in my position a couple months ago, ulpp solved my problems

What template for the upper day should I choose, it must be the same every week?

it tends to be: 2 chest, 2 back, 1 shoulders, 2 arms
honestly, you can vary it, just keep it kinda symmetrical
and yeah I would suggest to keep it the same

Legs:
- Bulgarian split squat 3x8
- Hip thrust 3x10
- Single leg press 3x11
- Glute ham raise 3x8
- Crunches

Push:
- Floor Press 3x8
- DB Overhead Press 3x8
- Wighted Pushups 3x12
- Skullcrushers 3x8
- DB Front Raise 3x10
- DB Lateral Raise 3x10
- DB Core Row

Pull:
- Weighted Pullups 3x6-8
- 3-Point Row 3x10
- Low Row 3x12
- EZ Bar Curl 3x8
- DB Incline Curl 3x12-15
- Hanging Knee Raises

I don't do deadlifts and squats because of back problems and I'm trying to work around this. Currently doing 3 sessions a week but will probably up it to four with a day's rest between each session. Comments welcome, I've only been hitting the gym for a about a month and a half

Been looking to get some feedback on my routine, I've only been lifting for 2 months so idk if it's sub-par or not. I do LPPxLPPx and so on (and cardio on the rest days).

Legs:
- Squats 3x6-8 (when I hit 8 reps I increase the weight)
- Leg Press 3x8-12
- Leg Curls 3x8-12
- Calf raises 3x12

Push:
- Bench Press 3x6-8
- Seated DB OHP 3x6-8
- Shrugs 3x8-12
- Cable Flyes 3x8-12
- Cable Tricep Pulldown 3x8-12

Pull:
- Deadlifts 2x4-6
- Chin ups 3xFailure (currently can only do 3x7 so no added weight yet)
- Lat pulldown 3x8-12
- Cable Bicep Curls 3x8-12

Need some help on core. I do this workout Tues/Thurs but recently it feels like I haven't been getting enough out of it. Should I add weight, do more of specific exercises? My core is rarely thoroughly fatigued by the end, save for the end of oblique raises and crunches. 30 sec rest between sets, 2-3 minute rest between workouts.

Crunches 5x15
Air Bike 5x12
Seated Leg Raise 5x15
Oblique Weight Raises 5x12 (45lbs)
Penguins 5x12
Decline Crunch 5x12
Reverse Corkscrew 3x10
Isometric Reverse Crunch 5x15

New to lifting, going to start phrak greyskull lp tomorrow. Any tips with the program from people who done it?

If brosplits
>arm day, chest day, leg day etc.
Are so bad, why are routines like 5/3/1
>squat day, bench day, etc.
So well thought of? Aren't they preeeetty similar?

531 is a rep scheme, you can use it in any routine you want.
for example as you can see in op, I'm using it in a ULPP

What is a good bodyweight routine for an autist who doesn't want to leave his house to go to the gym

I want to avoid literally typing "bodyweight routine" into Google

I do a push pull split as ABxABxx and was wondering if it was okay to do lateral raises and curl exercises every workout?

Have fun.

searching on google will get you loads of memey routines, like the flavour of the month movie star routine
there's a bodyweight general you know

Thanks.
and sorry i typed bodyweight into the search and this was the only thread with the keyword.

531 is almost always run on an upper/lower split, which almost always hits everything twice a week; a great balance between frequency, total volume and daily volume.

6 day U/L, my attempt to engage aesthetics now I've hit 1/2/3/4
Organised into supersets/giant sets

U1

GS1
Bench 3*5, 2*8
Bent Row 3*5, 2*8
Pallof press 5*8-12
GS2
Z press 4*8
Chin 4*8
Pallof press 5*20
GS3 (Shoulder circuit)
Face pull 3*20
Side raise 3*10+10 (dropset)
Other oblique movement 5 sets
GS4 (arm circuit)
DB curl 3*12
DB hammer curl (fat grips) 3*20
DB floor press 3*20
Band press down 3*30+

L1

GS1
Squat 3*5, 2*8
Squat jump 5*3 (unweighted, for height)
Ab wheel 5*10
GS2
Emom front Squat 10*2
Squat jump 10*3
GS3 (Lower body pump circuit)
SLDL 5*8-12
Goblet Squat 5*20
Hip thrust/glute bridge 5*20+

U2 (light)

GS1
1 Arm standing DB Press 4*8
Chin 4*8
GS2
2DB bench row 3*12
Press up 3*20
GS3
3 rounds of either arm or shoulder circuit

L2 (light)

GS1
Front Squat 3*1-3
Squat jump 3*3
Ab wheel 3*10
GS2
Emom deadlift 10*1-2
Broad jump 10*3
GS3
3 rounds of lower body pump circuit

U3

GS1
Z press 3*5, 2*8/5*5
Chin 3*5, 2*8
Pallof press 5*8-12
GS2
2 DB bench row 4*8
Press up 4*8
Pallof press 5*8-12
GS3
5 rounds Shoulder circuit
GS4
5 rounds Arm circuit

L3

GS1
Deadlift 3*1-3, 2*5-8
Broad jump 5*3
Ab wheel 5*10
GS2
Emom squat 10*2
Squat Jump 10*3
GS3
5 rounds Lower body pump circuit

Off day is for messing around with a sandbag

This is my routine I plan to run after I get my lifts up a bit more on rough LP, my presses are starting to stall mainly so I'm going to increase the volume- it's 5/3/1 progression for OHP and bench with back off sets alternating each day.

Squats and deads are Greg Nuckol's routines, doing each 2x and 1x a week respectively.

Accessory wise I'll be doing the usual- rows, chins, skullcrushers, facepulls, curls etc after my workouts.

Thoughts?

Looks utterly atrocious. Give it a whirl for two weeks and you'll feel why.

I've been on it a month so far and nothing has gone wrong yet

You niggas ready for my meme routine?
A: 368 push-ups(start at 27 and count down), and then a circuit that amounts to 100 pullups and either 300 situps or 5 sets of varied plank variations
B: Strict bicep curls, 5-6x8-10
Hammer curls, 4x10-12
Isolation curls, 4x10-12
DB skullcrushers, 4x10-12
Overhead db tricep extension, 4x10-14
Bodyweight tricep extensions, 5x10-14
DB lat raises, 4x8-12

Alternate AB errday, cardio is jogging 5k two days in a row, then third day doing hill sprints(only anaerobic leg workout I do), and then repeat the cycle.
I know this shit is dumb, but it fucking works for me for some ungodly reason. Also I am home "gym"(pull-up bar and two dumbells that use plates)

I just started and I do ICF without Hyperextensions and I do seated cable crunches instead of normal cable crounches because I'm embarassed around people.

Am I going to make it brahs.

>tfw lazy fuck
>went to the gym for the first time today
>suddenly have tons of energy I don't know what to do with
>overweight female, of course I'm just doing cardio things
>gonna set up my routine tomorrow morning
funfun.

>New to Veeky Forums, don't have money for the gym, out of shape, 5'10".
>Bought some cheap 20lb dumbbells, need to do SOMETHING so I don't become more pathetic

Found a full-body routine online, did a bit of tweaking, have been doing it mon/wed/friday. It's probably shit, so any suggestions on how to make it better?

• Squat - 2-4 Sets - 8-12 reps
• Stiff Leg Deadlift - 2-4 Sets - 8-12 reps
• Bent-over Rows - 2-4 Sets - 8-12 reps
• Biceps Curls 1-3 Sets - 8-12 reps
• Overhead Press - 2-4 Sets - 8-12 reps
• Pullups 2-4 sets 8-12 reps
• Lying Press - 2-4 Sets – 20-30 reps
• Lying Flys - 2-4 Sets - 8-12 reps
• Lying Triceps Extensions - 1-3 Sets - 8-12 reps
• Russian twists: 3 sets, 30 reps

Could anyone suggest weightlifting/bodybuilding routine to fix posture (rounded shoulders)? I guess there should be more emphasis on pulling exercises and their volume not pushing. Thank you.

I have a similar body to pic related, although not quite as bad.
What routine would be best for fixing myself? I just don't want to look like shit anymore.
Should I do bodyweight? Bulk on SS? Cut on a PPL?

SS or SL
too early for a split, any split
Did I told redirect you to the fucking sticky already?

Don't I need to bulk to progress with SS or SL?
How do I bulk without getting fatter, like I said I just don't want to look like shit anymore

can you read the fucking OP or the sticky before posting questions that were already answered in those 2?

What's a good beginner's PPL program?