Opioid use and Lifting

Ive been doing powerlifting/bodybuilding training for 2 years now, and just recently have i grown an addiction to tramadol. Does tramadol have any effects on strength and muscle hypertrophy in the long run and short term? I havent been able to find too much about it when i look it up online. And i only take it on off days

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22786453
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2974597/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4590093/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Opiate addiction

Never gonna make it.

youll start taking it ion days ur meant to be training until you stop training altogether, why not just stop using opiates?

Lifes shit atm and if im not at the gym, im taking this. Lifting and this are basically my only escape for me from what im going through sadly

Ive had pretty good self control when it comes to training and this though. Some people like to drink on the weekends, i like doing this in safe amounts atleast. >Inb4 youll get a seizure op
I just wanna make sure this wont hinder the progress ive made in any way other than wanting to take this rather than training.

Why even use opioids? In all my years of lifting. Even with a torn tricep. I hardly ever use any pain killers. Toughen the fuck up you little turd.

Bad news

Opioid-induced androgen deficiency
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22786453

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2974597/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4590093/

At best the effect could be minimal for you so try and judge by yourself. Or switch to coffee, its pretty good to fight depression.

Be careful with tramadol and working out, taking a dose over 400mg after working out can give you a seizure easily, don't fuck with it.

I always do 200 mg nothing above that. But thanks for everyonw replying to the thread though

I guess youre right, ive never taken lain killers ever before really either. I kinda got into this because an old pal of my who was a bodybuilder with a pretty good physique took this on off days for the fuck of it

Btw i never take tram on training days ever. Not even after a workout. I take it on off days just to relax

hmm

Thanks for this, this helps alot

I started by getting high on Tram once a week and it was awesome. Amazing nods when combined with alcohol and weed and a benzo. I would be hungover for a day. I stupidly moved to heroin and copped an everyday junkie life addiction. I lost years to the misery and pain.

Do yourself a favour and don't mess around. Imagine feeling weak and shaky for what feels like forever after quitting. I just tapered off methadone and it took six months and I felt shitty the whole time. I still think about buying smack everyday. I'm just now getting back into fitness and I'm pissed at how much potential I wasted. Not to mention how I hammered my health down to where I have anxiety about what I've done to my body and mind.

Opiates are best saved for when you actually need them. Not when you trick yourself into thinking you need them. If you have debilitating pain that is untreatable from physical therapy or surgery I see no problem being dependent on opiates. If not, you are trading a part of yourself for a high that is not always good as when you first started. The bad times pile on fast.

I tried to relapse the other day and got stabbed and robbed. My girl who used to sell my dope and who I was friends with is probably dead of an OD. I came so close to catching diseases.

Ps if u r depressed now, wait until you have to kick trammies

It's worse than opiate alone because Of snri action

Also you need to know that over time even using opioids once a week will somewhat habituate you. Your off days will get worse and worse until you give in and dose more or quit. There's a wonderful animation online of a bird smelling a flower that displays opiate addiction cycle very well.

In hindsight I wish I had never moved past tramadol but it was almost inevitable with the way I was going.

I am not shitting you in saying the endorphin high from lifting and cardio is as good if not better than heroin. If you use opioids you will lose your ability to feel that naturally. Recovery is a shit process and takes a long time.

Stick to once or twice a month. And maybe consider just dropping them.

Srs about once a week?
I've done morphine once a week for a long time and I feel fine every day, I've gone multiple weeks without here and there and still felt fine.
Once a week is fine if you have the will power to never up the dose and never up the frequency

I have a very fucked up back and 2 fucked up knees. I can't afford the knee surgery and refuse to get back done since I can still walk, and if they fuck up you can become incontinent. I take opiates 2x a day. It sucks shit. I can make gains, but it's slow as fuck and doesn't show in my physique at all.

user, find another vice. Opiates are the ultimate gains goblin. I used to be a heroin addict for several years and would literally blow up (20+ lbs muscle) during stints of sobriety and during active use I would lose it all again no matter how hard I trained nor how hard I tried to eat

Thanks bro. Not OP, but i love experiences/stories like this one.

>Opioid use and Lifting
What a white thing to say.
Zozzle.

how come there are no thicc jungle asians like this who do hardcore

get the hell off it, you don't know what you're getting into if you think you're addicted to fucking tramadol, dude. i'm 2 years sober from an addiction to opana, got so bad i needed fentanyl to feel "good" again. Started with tramadol in the hospital. "but i'm different" not you aren't. Everyone in rehab thinks the same thing.I cold turkeyed and haven't looked back, you need to get off that shit because it will be nothing but trouble, you'll see after a few months of sobriety how much trouble you were headed towards.