Religious people are vio-

>Religious people are vio-

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_Years'_War
google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/blog/psyched/201205/does-autism-lead-atheism?amp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Inquisition
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians_in_the_Soviet_Union
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Was Hitler not an atheist/agnostic?

His religious beliefs are pretty confusing. He also sympathized with Islam.

Hitler was whatever religion will convince you to like him

That kind of arguments is stupid not matter which side use it but at least when people blame a religion, they ask the question of whether or not its doctrine could be at least responsible for it. (that's still wrong most of the time though)
How can atheism be responsible though? there is no inherent doctrine and an atheist can be anything, communism is atheistic but these people killed for the doctrine of communism while you can be an atheist and not a communist.

Seems like my kind of guy

>atheists being violent means that believers aren't!

Cool logic bro. Fucking dimwit. This is why you're so easy to make fun of.

I was responding to the the rapid anti theists who believe that religion is the cause of all violence in the world.

That’s not what I am saying, numbskull.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_Years'_War

No, that's exactly what you're saying.

No it’s not actually.

Maybe the anti theists just seem rapid because they're smarter than you. Don't hate us because we can distinguish a "p" from a "b."

I’be lost an argument to them and they keep throwing an autistic tantrum every time I show them this

Edge people are idiots, be they /pol/'s fakechristians or anti theists

>race nationalism listed as a religion

google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/blog/psyched/201205/does-autism-lead-atheism?amp

>Only citing 19th and 20th century figures
Nice sampling bias you've got there. Remind me why the Aztecs killed people again? Or how Islam spread? Or what the cause of the 30 years war was?

lent as fuck.

That’s because civilizations throughout history tend to be religious. It wasn’t until recently when civilizations started adopting secularism and atheism.

*I haven’t

He was an occultist who paid lip service to Christianity, had some admiration for Islam, and said that reviving European paganism was pointless.
It's irrelevant though because his religious beliefs were not the primary motive behind world war 2 or the holocaust.

No shit. So if you cite recent figures, secular dictators will be more common than they were for most of history.

Can you show me a religious ruler that could rival the death toll of Mao or Stalin?

>haha religion isn’t the cause of deaths in the past because most leaders were religious but secularism is the cause of death in the past century because most leaders were/are secular

>tojo
>buddhist
I thought he was shinto?

There a huge difference between secular like american government and militant atheism like USSR

Tojo was state shinto.

He personally was Buddhist, but publicly supported state shinto

You can’t read for shit. I never said that.

>”militant atheism” is extraordinarily bad but Catholicism’s thousand-year militant Christianity is okay, where they would LITERALLY MURDER YOU if you spoke against the Church
>but that’s not because of Christianity but USSR IS because of atheism

"Positive christianity" was essentially racial nationalism masked as christianity.

Militant Catholics are bad, like the terrible inquisition that in 6000 years killed less than the soviet union in a single day?

You mean excommunicated?

>out of which between 3,000 and 5,000 were executed.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Inquisition

>because the Soviet Union has much higher population numbers and greater technology that means the Catholic Church was less oppressive
I bet you unironically think if we put Middle Ages-circa Catholic Church in power of a major industrial state in the 20th Century they’d have done so much better.

>asking for absolute death tolls from premodern times when religion was predominant compared to the 19th and 20th century where the world population was in the billions
Wew lad.
The Mongols killed 17% of all humanity. They were mostly Tengriists, although later many became Muslim or Buddhists.

>militant atheism

YA BUT GENGHIS WAS SECULAR ATHEIST OR SOMETHING ITS NOT LIKE HE LITERALLY SAID HE WAS DOING THE WORK OF GOD JUST SHUT UP JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP

You mean a centralized catholic regime in a modern age, like falangist Spain or integralist Portugal?

How else would describe the USSR?

They explain reasonably well why autistic people could be more likely to be atheists, not the opposite.

>modern power-stripped Catholicism is the same as the Holy Roman Empire

Communism is a religion, an irrational death cult.

>People believe in it despite the fact that all evidence shows it has always failed spectacularly
>It has a gospel (the Manifesto)
>It has a promised land (classless utopian society)
>It has a prophet (Marx)

Communist

Yeah, that single religious war between two Christian in 1500 years

??
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians_in_the_Soviet_Union

Okay and?

Lol, you meme, but he was secular in the sense that his governance was religiously pluralist and relatively tolerant. He was definitely personally religious though.

They did it because they were communists.

To be fair, none of the communists were really atheist. They had simply confused the word god with the expression "historical necessity". An expression that was otherwise used just as the word god to cover whatever lack of knowledge that needed explanation.

Only time islam spread was spread extremely violently was when timur conquered northern india. Even then mao blows him out of tje water with his kill count.

They persecuted religious people, since religious is anti-revolutionary and reactionary

They were anti-theistic, yes. But there are actual scriptures in the Bible and Quran commanding the deaths of nonbelievers, fundamental to the faith. Atheism doesn't have that.

They liked atheism because of their communism.

Quran did say a lot about killing, the Bible only about converting and preaching

They did that to encourage Stalin's personality cult. Oh look at that, that word "cult" again.

how do you assign how many people each individual killed? not sure about the others but where the figures come from for the georgian fag? also hitler kills 17 million, so from WW2, 20mil russians alone in casualties, is there like a 50/50 split between adolfie and georgian?

Famines are counted for the entire reign of modern dictators but not premodern religious rulers.

Famines were a part of life, caused mostly by climate, no matter how competent a government were. With advanced technology famine stop being a natural thing, caused by climate and start being human caused

No, only deaths by execution during ww2 go to the Georgian. Combat and bombing causalities go to the one ball Austrian.

The quran also says that during war you aren't allowed to harm civilians.

>Tojo Buddhist and not Shinto

Hitler synchronised german paganism with islam

Indeed, it's a real shame that according to most imans every men in combat age is considered a combatant, soldier or not.

Seeing as the commie kills include famine deaths I present to you the conquest of the americas. Possibly 100 million deaths
Anyway you faggots always try to get us to defend commies, even though the typical modern conception of atheism is radically different from the one rooted in communist doctrine.
If you list 'catholic' there thus excluding other denominations you should be willing to accept multiple different 'denominations' of atheism so to speak.

From Deuteronomy 13:
>If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a sign or wonder, and if the sign or wonder spoken of takes place, and the prophet says, “Let us follow other gods” (gods you have not known) “and let us worship them,” you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The Lord your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul. It is the Lord your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him. That prophet or dreamer must be put to death for inciting rebellion against the Lord your God

until you know they're not they are
this is why you're wary of a man walking towards you

wow punishing heretics, so new

>Nunna dem wuz really atheists!
Special pleading, atheism is predicated on the denial of a supernatural divinity (and any supernatural force in the case of "hard" atheism), not total nihilism.

Conflation of multiple uses of the word "cult". Stalin was not worshiped as a deity.

Oh wow human populations were a similar size in the 1400s and the 1900s?

English translations of the bible shows nothing, bad translation to English is the reason why burguers believe in creationism while the rest of Christian don't

After combat, when you can know who is a civilian and who is a soldier, the rule about not harming civilian stop working, Quran only say to no harm during war.

I also guess georgian figures include holodomor, which was the last famine event of noticeable scale, why ignore the figure of other famines happening in Russia in 5-year intervals during monarch days (cough cough, I look at you Nikolay 2). The famine catastrophe was of similar proportions if you calculate the number of deaths against total population.

>Enver Pasha
>Muslim

>ther famines happening in Russia in 5-year intervals during monarch days
The last great hunger in russia was 1845 hunger, Nikolay wasn't even alive that time

Before that the last great hunger was 1601 hunger.

>christfag backpedaling
>"th-they didn't mean it, it was all translation mistakes or symbolism!"

And?

>was an occultist
No he wasn’t. That was Himmler

Anyone with a bible in any language that's not english will say that bible is made of symbolism and things like creationism is bullshit.

Stalin wasn’t worshiped like a divine deity.

Bump

>source: my fantasies

>Mao and Stalin are fantasies

>Mao killed any more than 30 million
>Source: My Ass/ totally unbiased media source
>counts deaths from famine due to bad policy
>doesn't count 60 million deaths from British Raj policy

>For Hitler they count everyone that died in ww2 plus 6 million pulled out of their ass
>For Stalin they don't count all the people killed in his wars

Wut

God is religious

Leopold should probably give Tojo a few of his drops, plus Mao's count is a high estimate to say the least.

>t. buttmad communist maoist edgelord, because being a Marxist is too mainstream even for me

God is she

and yet people still worship this psycopath

Stalin spent 5 years in a seminary and became religious towards the end of his life.
Pol Pot wrote about bringing the Buddhist moral system to the state. Its not known if he ever dropped his Theravada Buddhists beliefs (he went to a school and may have considered becoming a monk).
Mao Zedong also never said he was an atheist and was quite learned in Buddhist and Taoist classics. His family was very religious.
Kim Il Sung never said he was an athests, his many critiques of Christianity indicate he had some spiritual interest, and Juche was based off of some Confucian and Christian ideas.

Hitler killed 20 million soviets alone. He was probably an atheist and wanted to destroy the catholic church in particular though. Yet this chart is still mega-apologetic towards him

>t. Ad hominem

>Mao took power in 1943

Yeah I have no interest in debating Maoist who wants to undermine the atrocities committed by Mao.

Hitler was totally atheist