QTDDTOT

Questions that don't deserve their own thread

In Coolcicada's PPL it says to alternate grips on barbell curls - does this mean 2x close grip and 2x regular in one session, or does it mean 4x close grip one week and 4x regular grip next week?

Veeky Forums newby here. I read the sticky, but still at a loss.

Do I bulk up and lift at the same time or do I bulk up first, then lift to get cut?

Note: I'm not skeleton mode, but I am pretty skinny.

Whether you bulk or cut, you lift. Always be lifting.

>I bulk up first, then lift to get cut?
Wew lad

either one is fine.

When i fuck a girl in missionary position, my arms get tired really quick and i have to switch position.
What exercise is good for giving me more arm endurance?

I'm getting some pretty severe back pain when deadlifting and squatting, probably due to accutane
do I just work through the pain and/or is there anything to relieve it?

No no. If you're trying to gain muscle, you have a weight lifting schedule. Let's say you work out 4 times a week, Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
so AxAxAxA
The A days are whatever workout you do. You eat normally on the A days (no caloric surplus or deficit).
And the x days are your bulking days, where you eat a surplus of food (caloric surplus).
You understand?

Some-what.

Another problem is I work at a place where i'm constantly in motion. Does that count as cardio and will it effect my gains? I'm constantly lifting and moving around and standing.

What job is that?
Walking is generally considered cardio training, but you can compensate for that by eating more. About 200 kcal per 30 minutes of walking

dips

It's in a factory. I clean panels, and i'm constantly having to push carts and shit around as well as the panels themselves.

I have no idea what to eat while I do all this. I barely eat more than 1 meal a day, but I really do want gains. I just have no appetite.

Do mini-exercise bikes work or should I just buy a real stationary bike?

HOW DO I STOP GETTING STITCHES IN MY SIDE WHILE JOGGING?
I HATE THIS SHIT, IT'S ALWAYS IN THE SAME FUCKING SPOT JUST AT THE BOTTOM MY RIGHT RIBCAGE

I'm a DYEL. Just started doing lat pulldowns today, and they don't really put much strain on my lats or biceps. I really only feel them in my triceps, which is weird. What am I doing wrong?

what can I do to make my abs and v line pop as much as possible at higher bf% levels?

Is plain popcorn a Veeky Forums approved snack? No sugar/oil/salt/butter/etc

I got those too for the first month or so of running. Just keep at it m8, they go away. Science literally doesn't know what causes them (most hypothesize it's strain on the diaphragm that novice runners are not acclimated to, but no one really knows).

Is a hypertrophy based program while on a 500 calorie deficit cut worth doing?

What's the prickly, almost itchy feeling I get in certain parts of my body when I exercise? I usually get it in my legs, sometimes in my chest or stomach as well.

Guys, which way should a yolk bar face?
Pic related (forward) or backward?

Why do so many spergs think it's good to squat more than one day a week?

3 days a week is fine, just not in a row, use common sense.

Walking burns that much? wtf? I need to start counting my 15 minute walks to the gym and back every day as 200 extra calories to eat then.

weak idiot here

can strength gains still come smooth whilst on a calorie deficit

5'5, 164 lbs and tired of being a fat fuck

want to reach 1/2/3/4 by the end of the year, at
115x5/200x5/265x5/245x5 right now

bump

Keep it high protein and you can

Is there any workout routines design for swimmers or can I just stick with something like PPL or the Veeky Forums version of Grayskull?

Bump, has nobody on Veeky Forums used this before? I injured one of my wrists so this is the only way to squat without a machine for me

Currently training 5 times a week with no cardio eating a little over tdee, planning on cutting for a beach trip on mid September. Am I supposed to train more often or less? Also, is cardio needed to cut? Doing a phul atm, should I change it as well?

Will a 500 calorie deficit + ss 3 times a week give me loose skin and are stretch marks a guarantee of loose skin once I lose the fat?

how many scoops of whey do you guys have a day?

I take 2 scoops but it all depends on how much protein you take in via your normal diet.

this depends how fat you are. post a pic.

im skeptical of the "1g of protein per 1lb of body weight" meme

you train the same but instead of incrementally increasing weight/reps you keep the weight/volume stagnant. around the 5-6 week mark of a cut you might notice strength decreases

I dont have a pic on hand and its the middle of the night for me. But visually im around 25-20% leaning more towards 20.
On pic related im 20% with a slightly bigger gut.

You only need 1g per lb while cutting, normally even 0.5g per lb works fine but it never hurts to take more protein than needed. Based on my experience atleast.

I'm skinnyfat, this body seems the closest goal I could get to, how do I do it?
Can it be done with bodyweight pushups, situps, squats, pullups and shit everyday?

i forgot how to activate glutes as well as i used to during deadlift (used to be almost all ass for me)

how do i get back there, it used to get me so horny i'd masturbate after my second set

As odd as it may sound, how do I get better at dodging things? Ive noticed that I have a really slow reaction time to things, especially after joining a HEMA club. Is it just a thing that'll come naturally after getting hit with sticks a few times, or can I manually improve it?

How do learn to throw and catch balls?
I never could do it properly in pe and always felt shit about it, I want to learn it before my HS class reunion so I can show Em.

Hahaha you LARPing fgt. you're slow because you're fat not because you haven't trained.

does intermediate fasting really make me lose weights if I do 16-8 ?

What's the most amount of preworkout you bros have taken? I'm getting back into the groove of not being a lazy piece of shit and PWO gives me the energy to train lots of volume of pull ups and push ups. I love this stuff. I don't want to die though. It makes working out feel so easy.

For cutting, would a keto diet or a normal split of macro nutrients be better for preserving muscle mass? Obviously either would be done at a caloric deficit. Im looking to drop from 187 to around 160 and I am 5'10

So I`m thinking on investing on gym equipment for a garage gym, what would be the basic for this?
I`m considering a power rack, oly barbell, adjustable bench , 2 pairs of 5, 10, 25, 35 and 45 plates, 5 pairs of dumbells? What more?

Is weight lifting for women as effective for men in creating weight loss? I feel like all my husband does is lift weights and looks amazing and I lift weights and see slow weight loss. My lifts have gone way up though so I am getting stronger at least. Maybe I need to face the facts and slave away on the elliptical in addition to CICO and weights.

>Is weight lifting for women as effective for men in creating weight loss?
Since you can't gain muscle nearly as quickly nope. You should still lift but if using energy is your goal you should focus on cardio. This applies to men and women.

the fuck is pwo

Okay Veeky Forums, /k/ommando here that's been trying to be less fat. I've dropped a bunch of weight by lifting and I tried to buy smaller clothes just to discover that every pair of pants and shorts I find doesn't fit past my thighs. The ones that do are seriously massive pants that are maybe 6 inches too big in the waist. What the hell do I do?

Pre Work Out

Chest/Tri's vs. Chest/Back?

Which is objectively better?

I need cue tips on the negative part of the deadlift

I just can't get the hang of it

can I gain weight doing a routine with only dumbells?
t. 5'7 111 lb skelly

Is boxed mac and cheese shitty to have in your bulking diet and why? It's 250kcal, 9g protein and around like 35g carbs or something per serving. Is that good?

Is low carb just a meme? Say I just want to lose weight (fat), isn't calories in

For skinny fat fags who started on a starting strength while also eating at a deficit, how long was it until the noobie gain phase ended?

I work a typical 9-6 job. I want to kill myself. Thinking of spending my life this way, just killing myself commuting, working for shit i don't care about, makes me want to die. How do other people do it? How do they still have the energy to go out, meet people, etc?

And this is a well respected job with good money, so a good career. I don't know what to do, i spend my days wanting to die in my sleep. The only thing that makes me happy is lifting and i don't even have enough energy to make it productive anymore.

>>>
It's mostly processed and enriched pasta. If you don't mind dirty bulking, then sure, go for it.

It's better if you make your own desu.

This is my go-to food for bulking:

1 cup WHOLE grain pasta
1/2 cup 73% lean, 27% fat ground beef
1/2 cup shredded cheese, choose your type

and it should yield you around 1200 cals for the whole thing (need to calculate the macros and make an infograph for it)

Thank you user

These still work if you don't use the part that goes around your thumb, right? I can't wear that one part around my thumb for too long without it digging into me and causing me to feel my pulse. I'm using this to alleviate my wrist pain. It will still work on my wrist if I just wrap it around my wrist?

For some reason if I don't have blood pumping through my arms and perfect kinesthetic awareness, whenever I do upper body workouts my form is shit, I pinch nerves, and don't get a proper workout.

Wat do?

Can I gain a decent amount of muscle doing a HIIT workout using a rowing machine 3x a week and doing slower cardio 3x on off days?

Is it normal to hold your breath when you do push-ups? I always collapse when I try to breathe and lift myself but then again I'm skinnyfat as fuck.

Slow down your reps and form check I guess. I'll need more information on individual problemed lifts to give tips.

Is this a meme? I need to gain weight and I don't think I can achieve 3.5k cal's/day naturally. I'm 187CM(6"1.3) and weight 74KG(163.142lbs) and have started going to the gym around 2 months ago... this thing is very expensive where I live(120$) so I'm not sure if it's worth investing in for a couple of months or not. Help

It's not a meme if the macros are good. Post the nutritional info

Is 3mg melatonin a good dose? I'm in the uk so I have to order from the US.

I'm abstaining from monitors and harsh light for an hour before bed and reading a book, going o bed at 10/10:30, taking like half an hour to an hour to fall asleep still and keep waking up at like fucking 3am. Its murdering my gains.

Old fag here lifting for the first time in my life. I'm doing GSLP and am slowly working my squat up from 55kgs. I've been struggling for the last couple of weeks on AMRAP just to make 5 reps but i've JUST made them and continued to add weight. Today i did 87kgs 5/5/7 and it seemed easy. Last time i hit 7 was 20kgs ago. What gives? How can i go from fighting like my life depended on it to push out 85x5 on Monday, to easily pushing out 87x7 only four days later?

This is something ive been thinking about for the past year: the inevitability of getting a job after uni and having to dedicate 40 hours of my week at least to it but still managing to live around it...

Seems impossible really...

start a homestead and build a gym there
search 'joel salatin'

WHY ARE THERE ALWAYS FAGGOTS DOING 30 SETS OF 10 DIFFERENT EXERCISES WITH 15 MINUTE RESTS ON THE ONLY SQUAT RACK

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE

Its piss easy.

T. wageslave.

Getting a job feels like the worst thing when you're basically a fucking neet but seriously i find it easier than university.

It wasn't until i got a job that i trained for and ran a marathon, or started lifting, or started travelling europe.

Why the fuck are my pecs sore for 3 days after a workout when the rest of my body stops being sore after the first day?
Also how the hell do I comfortably sleep with sore pecs?

I also work a 9-5 job. I wake up at 3AM, and lift at 4. I'm much more productive in the gym now than I was in college. It's not too bad, desu, especially if you live close to work. I'm only a 10 minute commute away, and live/work in suburbs, rather than a city center.

Count your calories

You don't need a powder to get carbs. Eat oats. Make protein shakes with oats and pb to reach you caloric goals.

you mean Standard Whey?
I've been eating oats for breakfast and dinner(large bowl) with milk since I started and all I gained was about 6lbs/2 months.

Yeah. 6lbs in 2 months is perfectly fine, beyond that you'll only get fat.

At what percentage of fat do you think I could be? I've went to a nutritionist and she used this device and was like "8.9%" but I have no visible abs whatsoever, could this be possible or is she just lousy at her job?

It sucks at first. Its a matter of getting in the niche. Eventually you get use to it. Especially when you start making good money and want to put it towards bettering yourself.

I do 8 hard cold hours in a factory and hit the gym as soon as I get off. When I first started I was too tired to do anything.

this is giving me some hope, cheers

there's no way you're even close to 8.9%

I figured, I think I'm around 17%.. I gave her the weirdest look when she said 8.9 and asked her I should have at least visible abs but she just brushed it off and said I need to train my core more.

There's plenty of body fat percentage charts to compare, shouldn't be too far off – probably around ten %. Going to a nutritionist is wasted money. Set you macros according to your goals and eat some veggies and berries with your proteins, done.

Post form so we can see if you're doing the lifts correctly

Thanks for everything m8s, I'll keep doing what I'm doing in regards of the diet then with a little extra whey. I appreciate the help!

I realized.. she was telling me to eat as much as I can because I'm really skinny, I asked her about complex and simple carbs and she said it shouldn't make a difference to me because I need to gain weight no matter what and recommended the pro-gainer powder to me.

Man, one of the coaches at my gym has told me the incline smith machine is all I need for squats and OHP's. I don't know what I'd do without you Veeky Forums, ily guys. Thanks.

I don't really know how to explain this.
high bar squat. lately i'v been going lower and trying to not lean back like in a low bar squat.
however, some reps feel way easier than others but I think it's because I'm cheating with my hip.
other reps I focus solely on my legs and i really struggle.
is this hip drive? is it bad?

You have to have abs for them to be visible, user

Enjoy uni, user. I never went.

In school at least i had some hope, because i always felt that there was something that would come after it, once school ended i'd be happy or my life would start or something. But now that I work, that feeling of "there's something after this" is gone. It's just the realization that this is my life now.

What kind of factory work? Unskilled or not?

Even if i get used to it, it just feels like i'm wasting my time.

I do leg raises, planks, hollows, flutter kicks, mountain climbers and hanging leg raises.. am I doing anything wrong/what can I do more?

>what can I do more?
A bulk/cut cycle. Enjoy your abs in 2018

just squat

How much weight do you think I should hit? I'm completely clueless. I'm following SS and at 75kg.

Front or back squats? Do you think I should do squats on my rest days or just keep it to the gym?

I'm too fat/weak to do chinups, and my gym doesn't have an assisted chinup machine. Will supinated grip bent over rows be a good way to build some bicep/back strength until I can do my chin ups?

just do negatives

For a bulk, I would aim for 185lbs/84kg, and then cut back down to 170-175lb/78-79kg and then reassess whether at that point. It should take 6-8 months to accomplish.

>whether at that point
Whether or not the keep cutting or start another bulk at that point