*blocks your path*

*blocks your path*

Chad is resting for 5 minutes after his hypertrophy 4x12 flat bench press before he adjusts the bench to incline. This is the only bar in the gym and you want to squat 3x5. He's looking pretty alpha though... what do you do??

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26506171
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22116573
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11828249
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

go to a gym with more than one barbell

pic unrelated

Wonder why there's an asian teen in my homegym but have him give me a spot anyway so I don't have to drag the bar into my power cage.

that sounds so homosexual OP. are you attracted tot he "chad" at your gym?

That is a asian guy

OP go back to asian masculinity

Kys yourself

Is 4x12 really a good set/rep range?

>gloves

ask him to remove them and give me a handy dandy

Still better than the SS meme
Do 8/12rep range 4 sets. That's what most good levels do for a simple reason :
It's easier to improve weights with bit higher rep ranges.
Also 8/12 is proved to be the best hypertrophy range

>easier to add weight
>hypertrophy range

bet you're a DYEL SS preacher

I'd mogg you hate desu

Don't even do ss just know you are a scrawny recessed chind geek

Nice broscience

That ain't broscience, educate yourselves.
I swear Veeky Forums is filled with dumbasses

Neither of you know what you're talking about. Rep range is way less relevant than total number of sets, frequency, relative intensity, absolute intensity etc. Regardless of whether you're lifting to compete in powerlifting or bodybuilding you will (or at least should) always train using the whole spectrum of rep ranges that we know will result in muslce growth. Some people think that's 1-15, some people think it's 3-12, some people think it's 4-15, but regardless of the program you should always be working with both low and high reps.

Instead of doing the programs of shitty fitness gurus like Rippetoe who have no real results to show their "one simple trick" programs are truly as effective as they can be, you should be looking at how active competitors train. If you want to be strong, why are you doing Rippetoe's programs when you could be doing programs written by Sheiko/Candito/Nuckols/Lyle Mcdonald or anyone else that's proven they can be taken seriously in the strength sports world?

>inb4 muh advanced programs caused overtraining

If someone with a 700lb deadlift can do 5+ sets twice a week, you can do it too. How the fuck do you know how much volume you can handle before you stop progressing if you've never tried?

>asian
>chad
fuck off kevin ying

Go on post the sources for your wisdom then

listen to also tell me how you'll add one rep when you get to an intermediate/advanced level if you do only 3RM each time

>anonymous post on a Cambodian fisherman's forum
Yeah, great fucking source.

So you can't post sources for your horseshit?

this

Post yours too then dumbass

I am not the one making claims against established facts in a grandiose faggot manner.

I stated on gzcl 3 weeks ago. 5 day pull/push/legs/pull/push.

Working the t1 t2 t3 levels at the 3, 5-8 and 12-15 rep ranges.

Have seen massive results already, after switching from a 5x5 with 3x8 accessories.

> established facts
Top fucking kek
Even more dumb than i thought

You can't back up what you are saying so just shut up please

Was your previous routine SL + accessories?
What level did you reach before switching to gzcl?

I saw an Asian Chad with a thicc white girl at the grocery store yesterday.
White people are being BLACKED and CHINKED into extinction

Okay so is right :
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26506171

"For initial resistances, it is recommended that loads corresponding to 8-12 repetition maximum (RM) be used in novice training. For intermediate to advanced training, it is recommended that individuals use a wider loading range, from 1-12 RM in a periodized fashion, with eventual emphasis on heavy loading (1-6 RM) using at least 3-min rest periods between sets performed at a moderate contraction velocity (1-2 s concentric, 1-2 s eccentric). When training at a specific RM load, it is recommended that 2-10% increase in load be applied when the individual can perform the current workload for one to two repetitions over the desired number"

"For loading, it is recommended that loads corresponding to 1-12 RM be used in periodized fashion, with emphasis on the 6-12 RM zone using 1- to 2-min rest periods between sets at a moderate velocity. Higher volume, multiple-set programs are recommended for maximizing hypertrophy. Progression in power training entails two general loading strategies: 1) strength training, and 2) use of light loads (30-60% of 1 RM) performed at a fast contraction velocity with 2-3 min of rest between sets for multiple sets per exercise."

STFU bitch. Is right, you need both ranges, and higher rep ranges like 8/12 help increasing weights and leading to hypertrophy. PLaying on both rep ranges maximises the benefits.

Also SS BTFO, 8/12 reps good for novices.

You're the faggot

Also if any of you faggots have doubts about tha study :
American College of Sports Medicine position stand. Progression models in resistance training for healthy adults.

>American college of sports medecine
> Cited more than 2000 times
I know what i'm fucking talking about

Was doing reddit ppl. Pretty good, but wanted a change.

Working sets 5x5

Ohp 60 kg
Bench 90
Pendalay 95
Squat 110
Deadlift 130

Now 5x3

Ohp 67.5
Bench 105
Squat 120
Dead 145
Row 90 @4x8

>good
thanks for the answer, I'm looking at the GZCL's blog
bretty great progress!

>
>
>
>
Fucking educate yourselves next time before talking shit.
Also read that book, a great and reliable source on bodybuilding for intermediate to advanced lifters

I injured myself on doing PPLPPLx lifting heavy all the time. I was stupid. Pretty exhausting too

Heres my current program. Thinking of changing it to more focused push pull, rather than a 70/30 split either way each day.

I also dont know how to properly calculate the push/pull ratio, like am i doing to many of one sort? Am i neglecting something?

It depends on what you want to achieve you smug retard

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22116573

Low rep with high resistance leads to greater strength increases.

Strength – Under 6 reps (80-100% of exercise volume)
Hypertrophy – 6-15 reps (0-20% of exercise volume)
Endurance – 15+ reps (0-10% of exercise volume)

The article that links autism to vaccines is cited thousands of times. What's your point?

Reliable source + High citations > not reliable source + High citations != unknown "possibly reliable" source with few citations

I was talking about hypertophy mostly brah
Also your study talks about performing as much reps as possible so i don't think it's relevant

But you right brah, depennds on what you wanna achieve. I'm talking about hypertrophy

" performed bench press exercise each at 55% (LOW), 70% (MID) and 85% (HIGH) of 1 repetition maximum (1RM) for as many repetitions as possible"

Also wrong link :
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11828249

So what is your problem with low rep routines that aim at increasing strength gains?

I have absolutely no problem with those bro.
It's only that lot of beginner go for SS and other people preach SS-like routines like it's the graal.
Whereas it seems that using both routines in a complete program is much more useful.

My initial point was answering to who asked about hypertrothy range man

Seems like a fine program for upper body but I have two points of criticism:

One lower day is working too hard for little gain unless your goal is just to maintain.

If you have dedicated pull days you're not doing gzcl unless you mean those pull days are deadlift days, in which case you should squat twice and deadlift once.

If you want to be strictly doing gzcl, I suggest just doing 5/3/1, because Wendler is better at explaining how to edit and modify the program. If you want to do PPL, I would add another leg day. If your goals are powerlifting oriented you can do rack pulls from below knees on pull days as an upper back builder (make sure you go heavy, treat these as a primary lift) and your deadlift should progress as long as your squat is progressing. If you deadlift sumo, squat lowbar and wide with toes somewhat out in order to develop hip adduction, which is important for sumo carryover, if you deadlift conventional, squat hybrid (highbar with lowbar foot position, see candito's youtube). If you can only train 5 days a week, then you should definitely be doing ULxULxx, or you should just combine lower and upper body days into something like this:

>day 1
Push (T1 Bench)
>day 2
Deadlift (T1 deadlift, T2 Rack pulls from just below knees or deadlift off blocks from just below knees)/Pull
>day 3
rest
>Day 4
Push (T1 Bench with no AMRAP set)/Pull
>day 5
Legs (T1 squat)
>day 6 (easier to recover from day so that you can dedicate day 1 to benching)
Push (T1 OHP)
>day 7
rest

I'd do t2/3 work after the t1 moves like gzcl suggests. I've grouped back training with deadlift on day 2 so that you only have to do higher rep pump work after the rack pulls and hamstring work that go with deadlifts, and I've put a pull day with a lower intensity bench day on day 4, so that you can really go hard on your rows or weighted chins. You can do either the push or pull part of day 4 first, but do day 2 the order it's written.

Oh and if you need to train 5 days in a row, put the OHP day on day 3, then do legs, then bench, then 2 rests. You'll have a shittier OHP day due to fatigue from the 2 heavy days before it but you'll be fresher going into the harder pull day.

Tell him to start taking hormones, asian boys will never be happy until they're cute and feminine and getting fucked by Australian expats for $0.50 an hour.

Did you see the program image i posted? Just checking thats ehat your refering too.

Lower body isnt a concern for me. Even one light day a week is fine for my legs.

In regards to upper, a high over head press is my number one goal, with full looking upper chest, and a heavy pullup secondary

Also opinions?

184cm (6'0.5") and 92 kg (202lbs)

Are those professional photographer's gloves?

Not the guy but seem balanced.
Depends on your goals, as you're 8kg over your heigh (I mean by this 1,X meters @ X Kg shredded is a goal that can be reached after years of lifting)

No power gloves. They give me like 59% more power. You dont wear?

Ignoring the fact that no gym has only one barbell,

>hey, how many more sets you got?
>if 3, go do something else and keep eye on him

Autists

I would kiss him, he is a very good looking man if we are talking about pic related

You look kinda lean and you're 200lbs. You could probably squeeze 5-10kg out of your big 3 lifts if you did a peaking cycle or 2. Use it as an opportunity to slow cut and you'll probably see sick aesthetic gains.

Also, for your goals, i think the best way to achieve this without significantly altering your training to a purely big 3 focused would be powerliftingtowin's 531, nsuns' 531 or candito's 6 week program.

If I go ottermode and get this shitty trendy hairstyle (shaved sides) will girls want me? I fucking hate that hairstyle but I'd do it if it gets me poon

My gczl until LP runs out, then switch?

Up to you really. The pro of doing a peaking cycle is that you get to have fun testing your PL total and you can get good results out of it on a deficit which will be fantastic for your physique. You'll make more symmetric muscle gains on your program though, and you'll be training with higher specificity to your goals.

>gook posting
gb2reddit

are you ugly? If yes then tough luck buddy

Don't listen to these faggots, bulk up and go full bear mode.

>chad
>DYEL with gloves
Pick one

>Sheiko/Candito/Nuckols/Lyle Mcdonald
Only Boris is a good coach out of those.