Basic home gym

sup Veeky Forums
I'm moving in together with my gf soon and she wants to start working out. She's a bit shy so she doesn't want to go to a commercial gym, so we decided to use part of the guest room of our future apartment as a home gym. Having a home gym has always been a dream of mine so I'm really looking forward. The thing is, we have limited space so I can't get too much equipment. This is what I was planning on getting:
>long bar rack for squats and bench (probably something like pic related, not sure if we have the space for a full power rack)
>adjustable bench
>barbell + plates
>plate stand
>pullup bar
>foam flooring
This should allow me to get started and be able to do the most important lifts (deadlifts, squats, bench, OHP, rows, pullups. Is there anything missing? What about dumbbells?

Other urls found in this thread:

repfitness.com/strength-equipment/squat-racks/rep-squat-rack-with-pull-up-bar
getrxd.com/getrxdguillotines.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

>pls respond

this sounds good. utilitarian and portable.
when you get a house. get a power rack.

I suggest going cheap to start your homegym, then upgrading.

You want to be sure you are going to use it before you spend a substantial amount, or your going to be like all those other jackasses on craigslist.

>rack
save money and use something like pic related
>adjustable bench
Not necessary, only lift you really use it for is inc bench
>barbell + plates
you will need this.
>plate stand
Unnecessary, just lean against the wall
>Pullup bar
see rack
>foam flooring
Horse stall mats

And you do not need dumbbells to start. If you have to have them, buy a cheap set of adjustable or even a loadable handle.

that rack looks awesome. any more info? link?

>And you do not need dumbbells to start. If you have to have them, buy a cheap set of adjustable or even a loadable handle.
why would you recommend a loadable handle ofer adjustable DBs? adjustable ones seem a lot more practical. I'm actually not at all a fan of DBs, but I need something to do curls. Maybe an EZ bar

damn son i got a rack similar to that

how do you like it? does it take up much space?

>Rack
repfitness.com/strength-equipment/squat-racks/rep-squat-rack-with-pull-up-bar
or
getrxd.com/getrxdguillotines.html
pretty sure it is the same model

>why would you recommend a loadable handle ofer adjustable DBs?
Cheaper. A set of adjustable is going to cost you at least 100. You can get a loadable handle for like 10.

its good thats why i bought it coz it takes up little space since its adjustable sometimes if i want it out the way i just feet into my multigym so its complete out of the way

golly this a home gym thread?

I guess it is. feel free to share your equipment/experiences

maybe get adjustable dumbbells too and you're sorted

That's what I got. Gets the job done. The squat rack height is adjustable and the bench press hold height is adjustable as well. It's around 120 on Amazon.

Fuck shybros. Seriously. Listen to my story. This may be our last chance...
>have friend
>dyel as fuck
>decides to join military
>doesn't do shit to prep for basic
>tell him to workout with me every day at gym
>says no, he's afraid of exercising at the gym
>say that's stupid as fuck no one cares what you do at the gym. just do your pushups, pull ups, crunches, and run then...
>"no, no... I'll just work out at home"
>he eventually goes to basic
>gets general discharge because he couldn't pass physical standards
>gets depressed
>still don't want to say, "I told you so."

Fucking shybros, I swear.

theres a folding squat rack that rogue makes, might be gud for u

I bought a two piece rack and adjustable bench from Amazon for under $200. Have loaded over 400lbs on the rack.

Best bar deals are FringeSport.Com, they also have good deals on bumper plates which I would suggest because you'll be working out without a spot.

right thats it im posting it¬!

Nice

wish i had something like this

a lack of home gyms in here

where's your bench tho

Rings, a squat and dip rack, and flat bench is all one really needs. Olympic bar and bumpers too. Maybe a neck harness and some forearm specialty training stuff, some foam rolling stuff, a rower, a treadmill and a bike, a reverse hyper if you can swing it. GHR and hyper, preacher bench, lat and seated row cable setup. That's it really. Oh a prowler and a sled too. And some dumbbells and kettle bells.

the fuck you want kettlebells for nigger

hanging up on the wall bro
that orange one

that looks like a pain in the ass

Anyone restore bumper plates before? I got 300 lb of pendlays used but they are a bit faded and chalky looking, sun faded.

not really, take it off the wall put it on the ground takes likes 10 seconds to fold the legs out it has this little pin that u pull in and out to adjust it

kek I remember you. we have the exact same rack. Ive shilled it in several threads so I dont remember if I recommended it to you or not

Rubber cleaner

lol do you walk up to your TV to change channels too?

bar and bench

squat racks are for pussies

That's all a waste of money. Buy a power tower with dip and pull up bars for 80 bucks.

Find a hill.
Do hill sprints for max effort every other day.
Do dips and pull-ups. Once your reach 10 per set add weight.

Congrats you're more fit than Veeky Forums

mo'fuckin ass

>horse stall mats
That's exactly what I did. Super cheap and you can floor large area for cheap

REEEEEEEEEEEEE