What are the odds of there being early cities that were flooded with the sea water rise after the end of the last...

What are the odds of there being early cities that were flooded with the sea water rise after the end of the last glacial period?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yonaguni_Monument
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Very high.

In SE Asia pretty high. In Argentina and Ireland about 0%.

>ywn march across the English channel and obliterate the eternal anglo
Why did Doggerland have to sink? Why live??

Quite high, I find it hard to believe there was no place in the world suitable for early agriculture, the end of the ice age merely changed the ideal location. Hunter gatherers often cultivate crops like Taro which are not productive enough to support a sedentary lifestyle and tame various animals. It is feasible that the first civilizations were semi-nomadic goat herders. Also goat, sheep and wheat apparently established quite quickly after the ice age ended suggesting they may have had precursors.

The transition to civilization might be a bit more blurred than we think.

Pyramid building, sky worshipping, equinox/solstice worshipping, bull worshipping, seafaring redheads and blondes had a global empire that got rocked by the Younger Dryas impact, 12,800 years ago but still survived in the mediterranean, Peru/Bolivia and Yucatan until 11,500 years ago when the sea levels rose 400 feet and washed it all away.

Refugees landed in Southern Turkey and built Gobekli Tepe, Catalhoyuk, then Sumer.

All locations on Earth where farming rose up "independently" were original regions of the empire.

Full Cities? Probably none. Bodies recovered? Lots. Doggerbank is a good example

Cool. What was their haplogroup?

For Y chromosomal it's R1 and descendants. 4 or 5 recent strains are completely extinct.

R1 is found in Native Americans, a very old strain.

Mitochondrial group X was also from them, is also found in native Americans, Berbers, Egyptians, Turkey and Basque I believe.

If you guys are really into haplogroups as representing population movement, you should really focus on mitochondrial groups, not Y chromosomal. Matrilineal lines are much more indicative of where a people were. Men get killed en masse in invasions and men spread their seed far and wide, looking at Y groups does not say much about where groups were.

I love this map. Makes me wonder how history would have been different if that all was above sea level. And what kind of people would have lived there? So many questions.

Very high. Given that many cities are built around coasts, there would naturally be a good suspision/probability of such being true.

hmmm... Sumerians were white?

More garbage?

Why are you spreading lies?
Agriculture didn't spread at the same time all over the world.

Chinese have ancient flood stories and the heroes challenge was to mold the land to adopt to the flooding. As you can imagine this also explain early attempts at land management.

a story where the Mediterranean floods into the Bosphorus about 3000 years ago, didn't Plato speak of such madness. Called it Atlanta, they was Kangs . . .

bump

It's certain that there were. Doggerland was a place between the Netherlands and England.

Doggerland is irrelevant though. If there were ancient civilizations they would have been in better parts of the world.

I always figured that there must've been some fledgling civilization that got rekt by a flood in the Middle East and it got passed down through oral history until someone wrote it down and it became the flood myths we know today, a lot of time must've passed

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yonaguni_Monument
Really makes you think. I watched some video on youtube about it and Malaysian nationalists were claiming their ancestor built it.

There may have been some early settlements during the Ice Age but I'm talking of stone age huts, nothing on the scale of a city.

Ridiculous bullshit. Minoan civilization dates from at least 5000 years after the Ice Age ended and it had no pyramid building whatsoever. They also had no redheads or blondes on record, they were an Aegean people with ties to the Near East.

There is no evidence whatsoever of blondes and redheads ever setting foot in Bolivia before the European colonization of the continent and to suggest otherwise is Nazi "ancient Aryans" pseudoscience.

A lot of powers that became powerful during Age of Sail, wouldn't have had access to the Atlantic. So they wouldn't really be all that relevant in this alternate history.

The Hanseatic league would've been even more it's own thing, like a colder Mediterrenean.

Celts and Romans and Goths might've had wider continuous turfs.

Steppe peoples might've controled even bigger empires, from Europe to North America, through Asia.

Flood myths / Atlantis probably come from the Thera volcanic eruptions which led to giant tsunamis and the Bronze Age collapse.

Did the Hebrews get their flood story from this event too? Its just that there are so many civilizations who have some kind of flood myth