Why do non lifters resent you so much? Especially fucking nerds?

Why do non lifters resent you so much? Especially fucking nerds?

I'm in my junior year of computer engineering and lots of guys seem to resent me and shit just because I'm muscular. These guys act like I'm a dumb meathead but I have a 3.7gpa.

Some pudgy, pompous nerd in a group project made a smug comment saying "haha there's no way to spend hours in the gym if you wanna be successful in this major"

I said "Instead of playing fucking league of legends 20 hours a week maybe you could use that time to not be a fag and go to the gym dude"

I completely took his bait and he made me look like a fucking idiot, he said "wow looks like the roids are getting to your head there, might wanna calm down user!" and everyone laughed.

Fuck man

Other urls found in this thread:

psychologytoday.com/blog/the-athletes-way/201312/can-physical-activities-improve-fluid-intelligence
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if comp eng. nerds actually punk you like this IRL you probably don't look as muscular as you think you do

post body

yeah just ignore it, and prove him wrong by doing better than him at your major

They're all jealous gains goblins. Don't let them get to you OP.

Why do you fucking care. Get good grades, get all the bitches and prove them wrong.
You're the one on top, they're just trying to pull you down to their level.

>computer engineering
You knew the type of people who were going for that degree. Deal with it. Oh they're also going to be your coworkers and bosses for the next 40 years, have fun

Why do you care about these fat retards' opinions anyway? Of all the people you should want to impress, they should be dead fucking last

>haha there's no way to spend hours in the gym if you wanna be successful in this major
what led up to him saying this
you sound like a moron who can't stop talking about lifting

tbf computer anything is the "I'm above average intelligence but Idk what to do with my life but computers = money, rite?" degree

Because majority of lifters and "fitness" people glorify fit lifestyle, when every reasonable person knows that being fit and healthy is the nor m and nothing to be impressed about, theres nothing great about being strong and fit thats how everyone should be.

Joke's on him. Weightlifting and general exercise is the only proven way of maintaining fluid intelligence.

psychologytoday.com/blog/the-athletes-way/201312/can-physical-activities-improve-fluid-intelligence

can you recommend any good degrees?

I always get compliments from them. Sounds like a personal issue

Just take it in stride mango.

What?

If anything it's the opposite in the real world amongst the fitness community vs people who don't lift. I'm not even at 1/2/3/4 yet and people mire my figure since I have very broad shoulders and a slim waist yet I'm considered DYEL by the online community when it comes to lifts.

I'm not knocking CS or CE, I'm just stating the trend that it's full of people who are lost in life and don't know what to do with it. If you like it, do it, it's your life, just know that everybody and their mom's are getting those degrees so the market is over saturated

Thats why successful people e.g enineers, CEO's are usually fit and take care of their body.

Maybe if you didn't think of your peers as "nerds" and arrogantly you brag about being strong and good grades they would warm up to you.

Anything you're passionate about. I'm fucking serious. Everyone on Veeky Forums likes to fellate STEM and computer degrees but if you hate those subjects you'll be miserable at it.

Liberal arts degrees are shit IF you just get the degree to get it. However if you're committed to really learning as much as possible and read a shitload of books about it and participate in the subject outside of the classroom you will find and/or create opportunities for yourself. Even meme degrees can be great if you put in the legwork and commitment. Don't expect just having the piece of paper to open any doors.

>tfw hit the gym religiously this semester even at the expense of classes
>study a week before the exams and get them all done in 2 weeks
>get A/B in my math/programming classes and D/E in other engineering shit I didn't really care about

I've made both muscle gains and math gains this semester, feels pretty good.

however

>social life lagged the fuck behind
>fucked up a chance with a qt who was mad into me b/c I was focused on the other things ;_;
>feel mad lonely now

guess you can't have it all.

Still, I'm curious of learning about some interesting degrees, can you guide me? Not being sarcastic at all, just wanna know

Im just saying that i personally think that there is no good reason why someone would not exercise to stay fit and healthy, humans are made to function. When did it become some kind of a feat to be a functional human being ?

Idk what you want but I'm in dental school atm. Really science heavy as well as practical uses, I can become my own boss, and pay is nice. Bonus about it is that I can work anywhere I want in the world so not restricted by location like a lot of jobs

Disregard bitches, acquire money. The women come later.

She was a gains goblin and not good enough for your future self. Keep improving and you will think of her and laugh that you ever cared about her.

You should've rightly said that there's always time to work out at least 20 minutes every day. Should've said he can easily afford to cut out 20 minutes of sleep etc. You're supposed to be the math expert here.

"Interesting" is totally subjective dude. We can't tell you what YOU will be interested in.

If anything im astonished by people who can eat so much unhealthy foods and abstain from exercise to get their body to such condition that you cant move. Now that's a feat that not everyone can achieve.

I already have one that I want to go in. I'm referring to interesting fow whoever is reading that, I find it interesting seeing what other people here find interesting.

How tall are you user? That could have something to do with it too

>haha there's no way to spend hours in the gym if you wanna be successful in this major
>Sorry you have bad time management, I guess?

Just don't give a fuck, man. I'm sure a mosquito you smacked earlier would call you an asshole, too.

>"Lions don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep"

But judging from this post I don't think you are a lion

>When did it become some kind of a feat to be a functional human being ?

Take a look at most people walking around - overweight/fat people are literally the majority. It's a thing of beauty to be fit in the modern day since it's essentially the status quo to be a fat ass that eats trash all day and doesn't move unless it's from the bedroom to the bathroom. Personally I think that's where the whole attraction from being fit comes from - it's not necessarily the muscles but a sign to others that you have discipline in terms of diet and exercise to maintain your look.

I picked business because I like that it has both practical applications, like being an accountant or other professional or an entrepreneur, and also there's an academic side of it you can peruse if you're into that sort of thing. It's so wide open. Also it's got a lot dumber people than the sciences which means less competition and I can get straight A's without stressing myself out so bad my hair falls out. Really comfy so far. Will be moving onto finance.

Oh, ok

I'm 5'7

Get back at him by fucking the girl he likes and send him a snapchat of her in your bed.

I'm in my senior year of computer engineering and I love it. It definetly is true that a ton of people get computer degrees so you need to do a lot too differentiate yourself but if you put in the work you can do really cool stuff for a lot of money.

If computer science theory stuff isn't your bag but you didn't mind doing a bit of programming and a lot of math statistics/actuarial science/data science/bioinformatics are all really interesting and lucrative majors that are less popular. I could give you an overview of any of those if you'd like.

Also philosophy is a great major but you basically have to go to grad school if you get that (it actually prepares you really well for the LSAT if you are interested in law)

>"SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE DYEL!"

thanks for the reassuring words man but at this point in my life I feel differently. Striving for intellectual growth at the expense of social growth is does not seem worth it I think. Academic "wisdom" is such a small part of life for the average man. Human connection makes me happy and feeling fulfilled.

I feel as if I lost social skills over the course of the last year and become ungrounded, unsure of myself and who I am in general.

I've been reading Jack Donovan's books and he talks about how you don't "lose yourself in a group", as people tend to think, you find yourself. You find out who you are and where you belong. Individualism is a romantic fantasy and absolutely does not get you happiness.

I wish I could find like-minded friends,

I legitimately hated my major (mech engineering) but stubornly invested all my time and energy grinding to get the degree. Being a faggot, I naturally resented anybody who wasn't as miserable as myself. I hated people who had time to lift or play sports, people with healthy interpersonal relationships, people with majors that I percieved as "too easy/fun" and people who had time to party every week. I especially hated them if they were able to excel and enjoy life while doing the same major as me because they were robbing me of my excuse.

Basically, it all boiled down to jealousy and this weird perception that I was smarter/better than everyone else.

Chemistry is good and multifaceted. Pretty much guaranteed some sort of job as long as you actually learn and don't bluster your way through.

Good points. Perhaps pick up a sport. There are intramural basketball leagues pretty much everywhere. You could join a boxing/fighting gym. Or a hiking club. Find a cool interest and get involved. It doesn't have to be more than a few hours a week and shouldn't affect your work as long as you keep balanced.

>chemistry degree
>getting a job

Pick one

I know the feel OP, I'm cyber engineering as well and all the neckbeards are so fucking timid around me and afraid to make me do anything. Anytime I'm in a group project they try to divert the work onto themselves so I don't have shit to do. I'm not mad at the lack of work, but I have A's in all computer classes anyways. Oh well, might as well ride on their backs while I can

Spotted the biology fag.

thanks for the insight brehs, most of those careers sound interesting

you mad we're stealing your jobs and your bitches?

it's a well-known fact that chemistry grills can't get enough of the BBC (Big Biologist C*ck)

The only thing a girl will get from a biologist is yeast.

>biology fags
>stealing anything besides turtle sperm

It's ok user, just go back to the lab and streak the plates for professor shekelstein. your 8th med school rejection letter will be there shortly.

>Why do non lifters resent you so much? Especially fucking nerds?
Because they're betas.

I work for a company that does mostly malware research and analysis but we also have software products to sell (I began work there as a programmer). Most of the entry-level programmers are skinnyfat or obese neckbeards. I went from programmer to senior manager vying for director in 7 years.

The first time I was invited to attend an executive-level meeting was when I got redpilled:
>Non-executives:
>
>Skinnyfat or obese
>Thinks lifting is dumb/waste of time
>Usually unkempt, dress poorly, virgin hairstyles
>Drink soda or eat snacks (eg: chips, cookies) at work
>Have autistic personalities
>No ambition to grow (literally had a guy turn down a senior position because he didn't want the extra responsibilities)
>Usually think they're smarter or more skilled than they actually are
>Never goes above-and-beyond what is required
>Usually likes anime

>Executives:
>
>All are clearly fit, nobody is fat
>They look athletic, most of them lift (often together)
>Drink only water, don't snack because they have self-control
>Clothes are all well-made and fitted correctly
>Mature, well-styled hair, if they have any facial hair it's short and extremely well-kempt
>All charismatic, genuinely likeable personalities
>Most are highly-skilled and intelligent but remain humble
>All have ambitions and life goals
>Always finding news ways to be better
>Doesn't even know what anime is

Big if true

They could be trying to break you down for being taller/shorter than them. If you're ugly as fuck they are just roasting you for looking like you're trying to compensate by making gainz. Either way you should slash their tires

>Either way you should slash their faces
ftfy

>you mad we're stealing your jobs and your bitches?
fuck me this made me laugh so much

I'm a fuccing idiot I hadn't read the second part, it's also funny, I must look retarted doing this

Eh, I really don't like daywelopers. They all have some form of superiority complex, and are all emasculated.

Your cool lol. I'm the Chem major he replied too and I even had a laugh

From an objective perspective, talking to an outisder (me). Would you say one of those two careers is clearly superior? Which one and why?

Just sounds like flat out jealousy to me, their beneath you regardless

This. What were you saying before this comment?

I'm biased as a Chem major, but from what I've observed, there is really just a glut of biology majors. So many of them go into it as a pre Med school thing and so many of them don't make it since every bio major and their mother has at least a 3.5 gpa. And unlike chemistry, which requires a lot more analytical thinking, biology is a much more memorization than applicable lab and analytical skills like chemistry is. This creates fewer jobs where bio majors excel.

Again my personal opinion.

Basically to sum up what is said Chem majors posses more skills then bio majors overall and are more widely applicable. I even had my academic advisor tell me that physics and Chem majors have no problem finding jobs after college compared to bio majors

Thanks for the answers. I guess that bio dude developped a good sense of humor to cope, then.

B1G

> just know that everybody and their mom's are getting those degrees so the market is over saturated

this is so not true it's retarded. I really hope by you spouting this unsubstantiated bullshit on this board you don't deter any anons from pursuing these degrees.

whats Bioinformatics?

>I said "Instead of playing fucking league of legends 20 hours a week maybe you could use that time to not be a fag and go to the gym dude"
>I completely took his bait
im with you on this one you didnt take bait you roasted his fat sorry ass we all gonna make it gl engineering bro

It's pretty cool shit. I'm actually specializing into it and might go to grad school for it.

The basic idea is that your doing analytics on data that comes from a living organism. The two biggest fields (at least around me) are in genomics and health monitoring.

>genomics
This is very similar to "big data" analytics. Basically what you do is look for patterns in genes that you think might do something interesting or search through genomes for specific genes that a researcher might want to fuck with. It involves a lot of finding correlations like gene A might not cause Parkinson's but Parkinson's patients tend to have gene A. You basically work with researches and play genome detective together.

>health monitoring
This is more like "streaming " or real time analytics. It involves getting a bunch of metrics coming in all the time and then using those to give predictions about body state. Like for instance there is a company that manufactures a watch that keeps constantly keeps track of your heart rate, body temp, and blood glucose (I think they use IR light to get blood density and use that go to get blood glucose but I'm not exactly sure.) Then they use those metrics to figure out if a diabetic is at risk of a hypoglycemic attack in the next 2 hours. Bioinfirmaticist wrote the code and the model to do that.

It's a lot of high efficiency coding, statistics, and enough biology that a PhD can tell you to write code to do something and you understand what they're talking about

They're just jelly. Commuting instead of dorming takes up more time than going to the gym.

Never
Take
The
Bait

>I only spend about 8 hours a week in the gym. How much time do you spend playing video games?
OP you're pathetic. Never let people see you get butthurt in social situations or you've already lost.

I'm kind of a fag like you, words hurt me, but then i remind myself of how chad would respond to make people respect him

>was formerly chem student
>consistently lifted
>turns out i enjoy autistically writing code
>switched to comp sci after a year of minoring
>notable increase in workload, stopped lifting
>diet went to shit, gains vanish over the course of a year
>start to notice all my friends in engineering/liberal arts are at least somewhat fit, comp sci kids are all skellys

>mfw computer science is the ultimate gains goblin

>Chemistry
Is worse than art when it comes to jobs

I've always liked 265° desu lad

this

Tbh i dont think ppl care. A lot of people in my university lifted (math/cs majors). Imo cs is one step socially below bschool in the current environment excepting the people who want to make video games. Ce probably similar

What shitty university you go if you score a on a math week before start learning.

At my uni people who have A in math are either literally autistic or people who learn non stop.

what is he trying to express?

I'm a first year CS student (going on second next month) and I can certainly say that the field is fucking packed full of people. Maybe I'm wrong and they'll all drop out before graduating but until I see that "everybody and their mom" sounds pretty accurate.

Tbh the guy in op is sort of right. If you want to be academically elite (not just make b+/as) it really takes a lot of work and doesn't leave much for a rigorous lifting routine, especially if you plan on getting laid or having a social life during the period and sleeping. That said there isn't that much of a point unless you love academics or want to go to graduate school.

fag jew shit school? please.

< 2 hours a day is not that big of a commitment. More people in college literally WASTE their time doing stupid pointless shit like video games, netflix, drinking, have at you, instead of studying.

Cs/ce is the new major for smart people who want money. A lot of these kids lift, especially if they care about money and sex and aren't academic strivers. Not a big deal and I hope OP feels better :)

Dude if had any level of confidence you would not have resorted to shit talking this LoL fool. That's punching down my man. You dont have to pick a fight or have the last word with every bitch that say shit to you.

You literally took this guys bait. Like you are describing what most trolls on the internet look like IRL. You basically got baited by a troll in a real life setting and not behind a screen which is kind of worse. Figure your god damn self out

first year? I'm EE which is basically comp E, trust me, half your class will be gone by junior year from weeder classes

Well if you're doing 2hr classes, 2.5hr gf/sex, avg .5 hr restaurant/friends, avg 1 hr party, avg 3hr study, avg 1hr getting around, avg 1hr eating, avg .5hr talking to profs, avg 8hr sleep, plus research and trying to make some money (internship or job)... Shit does add up. Just personal experience

Jealousy and insecurity. You don't want to associate with people like that anyways. Consider it a filtering mechanism.

>party every day
>8 hr of sleep
Wanna know how I know you dont go to college

This. I fell for the STEM "you'll be making 6 figures out of college!!!!" meme from my parents and high school, I ended up hating every single bit of it. ESPECIALLY the other people doing it (electrical engineering).

After a lot of self doubt and anger I finally switched majors, and I'm so fucking happy I did.

1he average. Party once on weekend &, spend the night is easily more than 7hrs (1hr/day). But ur right in that some time should likely be removed from sleeping in that case

I'm curious, how so?

Jealousy over the fact you have what they want or their superficial association of you with the type of gym going person they dislike for whatever reason I think

Not him but Chem and bio are basically worthless unless you're going to grad school. I got a bio and chem degree accidentally before I went to medical school and nobody gave a shit.

>thinking pale, greasy, soylent-drinking "coders" are qualified to form a worthwhile opinion of your physique
pic related was the correct response

don't get trolled by losers next time

A CS degree is not as easy to get as you think.

changed to what user?

Oceanography. Still STEM, but WAY more interesting and fun than engineering.

Why though? The school I go to must have a pretty good Chem program or something cause most grads find jobs easy. I also live in a decently big city so that might be why too.

I started out wanting a Computer Engineering degree, but seeing the oversaturation I switched to Electrical Engineering/Mathematics dual major. How do you guys think my job prospects will be? I'm hoping for a job in microprocessor design or integrated circuits, but would not at all be opposed to taking on something else.

I was thinking once I get in to the workforce I could offer to a company to work for less pay for a "probationary" period, then my pay goes up if they liked me, or they can drop me if they didn't. I think it should make me look like a better option than most others, since they'd recognize I'm confident enough in my ability to perform. Also going to seek an internship. I'm fine w/ working for free in exchange for the experience + networking.