/fat/ - Friday Night Depression edition

Previous thread:
>Who is /fat/ for?
for /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

CONFESS

>Calisthenics earlier
>Managed to do sets of 5 pull ups
>Walked dog for an hour
>Walked to and from work (bout 30 mins each way)
>Spend all day on feet, moving boxes, lifting stuff.
>My core, shoulders, legs and biceps burn nicely
>Ate my 1660 calories.

Is this what it feels to start making it?

I feel like a huge piece of shit /fat/ and a big disappointment to everyone.

Last July I was 330. Since then I got down to 260 and had a winter goal for 230, ultimately I want to be 180.

Then June came along.

My sister graduated, took time off from the gym to travel. Nieces and nephews had birthdays every week, ate a bit too much. Got a summer cold, took off gym time. Last week had wisdom teeth pulled, didn't go to the gym and ate stupid calorie dense shit like ice cream.

Last I weighed it was 270. Ten pound difference and I won't hit that winter goal. I've been feeling shitty enough that I feel like I should quit altogether but I actually like going to the gym and that other aspect has been depressing me (as in not going and having a daily routine).

I fucked up and I hate myself.

>stopping trying to lose weight so I have something to blame as to why im a khv at 25.
complicated feel.

I'm a recovering fatass. I was at around 180 (6'0") and I decided to try SS which made me think I had carte blanche to gomad and so I "dirty bulked" all the way to 220 inside of a month.

Now I'm a fatass again and I want to keep getting stronger but I also need to cut. Goddammit why.

Got down to 117 lbs, but back up to 122

I hate myself

You failed. Your options are to learn from your mistake or to allow it to blow up in your face and turn into fully fledged depression.

What lessons can you learn from this? Be aware that major disruptions to schedule are a danger sign for you and you have to be doubly cautious to ensure you are doing the right thing.

The most important thing is to get back on the horse right away. You are a fatty for the rest of your life no matter your weight. If you nourish the demon that lives inside you it will gladly take over your life again and you'll be back to 330 before you know it. You can do better user.

shit user, I just got down to 117 lbs yesterday.
What's your goal weight, if that wasn't it?
It's not over, it's just a minor setback.

>setting goals and thinking meeting them by a certain time is more important than just constantly making progress

not

gonna

make it

Don't quit. You can do this but heres the thing.

Don't eat the shit. If they have a birthday? Ok, eat a healthy meal before and refuse to eat any junk.

If they invite you out for a beer? Don't go. Jump back on the horse; ban the shitty food from your lifestyle and start filling up on high fiber foods. You can do this, if you quit now then you will never be happy. The only way out of the hole you're in is to climb out yourself.

Don't let peer pressure force you to eat cake though user; if you go to a part or out for a meal with family then pick the healthy option. Theres ALWAYS something otherwise; I know the feeling.

Goal weight is 112, I'm 5'2"

listen up, you're in this shit for the long haul. we live in a decadent society that will shamelessly drag you back to your old ways. don't give up because you failed yourself once. take this as an opportunity to self-reflect and improve yourself. getting from 330-270 takes legitimate dedication, and it's respectable even if Veeky Forums would berate you for it.

keep grinding user, i promise you're gonna make it if you keep focused on the long-term - you're in this for health and longevity, not to be rail thin tomorrow. i believe in you

Going to the pub for a friend's birthday tomorrow. I know for a fact we're gonna get plastered so not drinking isn't an option.

What's a /fat/izen's alcoholic beverage of choice?

depending on where I am and what's available a decent scotch neat or jack + coke zero

you're literally so close, it's 10 pounds away.
I know how hard it gets the further you go down, but just give it more time per proportion of weight lost since you must be shedding on a much lower deficit now.
Right now my goal is 110, but I think for the purpose of getting a good base to bulk on I might go down to 100.
Stay strong, you're almost there.

thanks user, I promise I'm not crying

Order a vodka soda first off. Time your last gulp to when none of your friends are finished. Rush off to go order another one; come back with a diet Sprite. Repeat until the ruse is up.

@apple

>211.5

Posted at the end of the old thread but not sure if you saw it since it was toward the end.

Don't drink faggot. It kills gains, and makes your liver work overtime. The workload is in fact too much for the liver, so it just deposits the calories as fat on your liver.

don't cry now, unless it's tears of joy for still finding hope in the hardest of times!
You're just in one of those trials and tribulations montage where they show the main character at their deepest despair, sad and miserable, before they break through it and rebuild a stronger, better self. You'll look back on what you've achieved, and how it was all worth it when you're there!

Brown spirits was what I was thinking so yeah maybe.

But they'll call me a faggot and slap my belly.

It also kills the pain. I've not had a real drink in months so this is long overdue.

>Finished a 3 day fast for first time
>Wasnt hungry today but wanted to experiment and eat something I usually crave so I got a 5pc chicken meal from Popeyes
>Ate a lot slower and the food didnt taste as good as I remember, and I feel like shit.

So with this knowledge I feel I can do my planned 3 week water fast, as I know the food wont be worth it when I get temporary cravings.

I felt like I had to labor through the meal and couldnt stuff it in my face like I could a week ago the last time I had the same thing. I think I might make it.

I NEED to lose 20 lbs for my job before August (currently 240 at 5'10") so water fasting is my only option

What are some good accessories for SS. I'm ready to start lifting regularly and I want a good overall body workout plan. I wanna be shredded when I get to my goal weight. Not skinny fat. And I want to spend as much time in the gym as possible doing a variety of lifts. SS seems boring and like it would on take 20 minutes.

I'm not going to advise you accessories as this is really subjective to which groups you want to work on, isolate and the such, but I can give you the next best thing which is knowledge on what to focus on from an anatomical level, so you can better decide what to work on.

>Start with Frederic Delavier's Strenght Training Anatomy (also has a version of the book For Women).

Then focus on mobility to improve your lifts :
>Becoming A Supple Leopard (2nd Edition)

Third, but most importantly something that people think is accessory, but is actually vital to good progress is stretching :
>Delavier's Stretching Anatomy

If you want to really get in touch with your flexibility next, try :
Yoga Anatomy (2nd Edition) Leslie Kaminoff

Once you've covered all those bases, ie mobility, stretching, flexibility, you should know enough to be able to target the muscles that need work, and exactly what to do, as well as how to do it.

I have some lifting books too (other than SS) that I need to read before I can give you a definite positive recommendation.

Addendum, if you want the anatomical breakdown on a series of exercises (that you can apply as accessories after careful selection), I'd suggest checking out :

>Frederic Delavier's Strenght Training Anatomy, The Workout

I managed to jog a half mile today without stopping. It isn't far but after not being able to jog 1/4th a mile when i started it's way better. I feel great after doing it too.

I've been in love with 2 people in my life. One of them is my best friend and we had sex on Tuesday out of nowhere, we just started making out and we fucked. It was bomb.

The other blocked me on all forms of social media and then last night hit me up at 2 am trying to make conversation. Life is weird and I'm in a good place.

I'm not upset it is just weird how both interactions that had a 1% chance of happening, happened within 2 days.

How fat can you not be before girls don't find you completely disgusting?

Make sure you're getting your sodium, potassium and magnesium. You will feel a lot better and you won't go into cardiac arrest. Godspeed user.

Yeah I will just take a multivitamin and drink a couple cups of water w/ salt daily

Good for you. Small milestones lead to bigger ones. Jog 3/4 of a mile next week, in 3 or 4 weeks you should be jogging a mile. Keep at it.

and have a batch of bone broth ready in case you feel like you could faint, lose consciousness and be in real danger.

>need to lose 20lbs in a month
>"water fasting is my only option"
>literally described eating fast food chicken

You're a fucking idiot and you're going to fail

>I NEED to lose 20lbs due my job before August

For what possible reason?

>I feel great after doing it too

That's good. You're gonna make it.

Nice blog!

>I NEED to lose 20 lbs for my job before August
Curious what your job is..

Make sure the multivitamin has all of the electrolytes you need. Don't want to read about user starving himself into cardiac arrest.

There's only 2 jobs that care about your weight:
Model (LOL not a chance)

Military and he's trying to ship out to boot. 230 is the max before auto fail for 5'10 so I'm going with that

began at 200lbs even roughly
down to 148. Calculators put me between 15-17% BF. Almost there bros. Might just make it after all. Going to start Yohimbine and fasted cardio soon.

Yeah I have been watching Dr. Fung's shit on YouTube and I feel like I can take it now after my 3 day experiment and "relapse" test

Oh if anyone cares about in depth sports nutritional science, I'd advise to check out :

> Advanced Sports Nutrition, by Dan Benardot
>John Ivy and Robert Portman's Nutrient Timing

I only ate one meal in the past 4 days and it was only to verify that it would not be worth it to break my fast.

Military

>mfw it's so easy to forget
>easy to forget tips, tricks and rules
>easy to forget why you're doing it
>easy to forget you're still a fat fuck after a week of good progress and you don't deserve a treat

Fuck my life.

The only thing I'm proud of is my muscle mass, because I weight lift when I eat and feel bad afterwards. Doesn't change the fact I'm still a fat bastard though.

>It's been weeks since I had something to complain about
>Life is good
>Life is really good
>Keep moving lads, keep striving and you will reach your goals
>Find new goals while you're at it
We will all make it

but you did break your fast dummy

Is it for a PRT or just to get into boot

Yes, he never said he didn't. You seemed to think him deliberately breaking his fast was actually him caving in, when he feels it confirmed for him that he can continue fasting.

Its dumb, but it isn't the same thing.

I have this sugary aftertaste in the back of my mouth.

It's making me crave food.

I gotta go cold turkey on this shit man. It's horrible.

>I NEED to lose 20 lbs for my job before August
never gonna make it

you will fail. why not try something more failure-proof?

one of my new goals is to get back into reading more. I used to be a pretty avid reader, I'd finish a book in a couple hours...
I'm going to also hit two birds with one stone, by reading a collection of books I have downloaded on the topics of mental health (like psychotherapy toolkits to deal with my medication induced anxiety, stress relieving techniques, rewiring the mind with neuroscience findings), self-help (themes of success, positive mindset, productivity and effectiveness, being organized), as well as fitness and physical health books. Then there's the literature I might check out after I am done doing some productive reading, just to relax.
So I've put enough work into getting a decent ebook library now for the summer, and my goal is to have read 2/3 of those by the end of september.

no this is what the rest of the planet does you piece of shit

PRT

are you 4'5"? if not eat

I know. I just did a test run and a test "relapse" to see how my body would react. If I didn't know a cheat wasn't worth it I would be tempted to do it during my water fast and fuck it all up

Have been eating a little more 1 day of this week

>be fat as fuck
>start doing a healthy and normal level of activity

sounds like making it to me

No.

"In the past 4 days I ate only 1 meal"

Implies he had been fasting for 4 days. If you eat something you are no longer fasting, your motivation doesn't matter, once you eat the fast is over.

If I want to stay awake for 5 days, but on day 3 I take a nap, just to verify I can do without sleep. Did I stay awake for a full 5 days? No.

I need to look like a kpop star, you don't understand

i'm getting at least a little bit of female attention at 215 6'0"

Did you not see the OP where he said he fasted for 3 days?

Both statements are accurate. He never claimed to be fasting for 4 days, dude, just that in the past 4 days he's only had the one.

What's so hard to understand about doing a dry run of a fast when you don't know how your body will react to your first extended one?

I failed 2 of mine and got kicked out for being fat.
Still an honorable though and got 60% disabled

I'm 6'1 206

>no you're not, this is all in your head

Damn that sucks. Like I said I really need to lose this weight so I at least have a chance

are you guys larping as womans

>Damn that sucks
Not really. I fell into meme depression and had long stopped giving a shit about my health the last 1.5 years I was in. I knew it was coming and I didn't really care about staying in anymore.

It all worked out though. Got an honorable so GI bill, 60% disabled so money for life as well as >free healthcare, and now I don't want to kill myself anymore so I actually care about my body

I like this.

i got my dick sucked for the first time in 5 years back off nigga

Precisely. Because his one meal broke his fast which stopped him at day 3 of the fast.

Is logic difficult for you? If you stop doing something, then it is simply over. If you eat, you are done fasting. If you wake up, you are done sleeping.

I skipped the gym Thursday to go to a festival and felt bad about it.

Friday night was a big, expensive party I didn't want to attend, so I went to the gym instead.
Lifted and did about an hour of cardio, then relaxed in the shower and bath.

It felt fantastic. This morning my friends told me the party sucked anyway, so I dodged a bullet.

2 separate fasts nigga

Was 75kg somewhere in 2014, now I'm 100kg. I eat like there's no tomorrow and never exercise.

Today I went to the gym for the first time in forever. I did cardio until I more or less hit my limit, which was 25mins on the elliptical. I'm a fat fuck, and I need to get better.

Good on you, but it's even more important to watch your calorie intake and start eating healthy macros.

Look at the OP to calculate your TDEE using sailrabbit.com, input how much you want to lose per week, and log all your food with myfitnesspal.

Good start bro.

Another Veeky Forumsfag in Japan? Where you at brother? And how do you deal with the fact that nearly all gyms are machine city here?

Used to be 125kg.
Now I'm at 77kg. I'm still overweight.

I still look at myself and I feel like I didn't change, AT ALL.
I put on the pants I used to wear back then and they simply fall to the ground, I put the clothes and they're enormous.
But I still feel like the same piece of trash.

Been studying for the Bar for a whole month, and I've got another month to go.
It's been the hardest work I've ever done.
My life has felt even emptier than usual lately.
>tfw no gf
>tfw living far away from my friends and family, and no chance to go home, because studying all the time
>have to maintain constant discipline and constantly keep studying or else I might fail the Bar, and not become a lawyer, which is the goal I've been working towards my whole life and went into debt for.
>feel like I'm under constant crushing pressure
>tfw no gf
>feel like even if I do become a lawyer, will it even be worth it if I can't get a gf worth marrying to raise a family with.
>tfw no gf
>tfw no gf
>tfw no gf

Been dropping weight

Decided to take a photo a few minutes ago, noticed my face is not only looking better, healthier but younger

I'm almost 30 and I look like I'm in my mid 20s
I might actually make it

H-hold me lads

I read somewhere that if you're fay during your formative years you will never ever get rid of the i'm fat mindset even if you become underweight. We're fucked for life brah, but at least we're healthier than we'd be if we were actually still fat.

exactly. boy u ignant

Shizuoka city. It's awesome. How about you?

The gym I joined is like 9,000 a month, but it has one squat rack, bench, and Smith machine. Plus I'm only just starting to lift.

That means the problem isn't just the weight. Think about what else you don't like, and how to change it.

Thank you. I have used myfitnesspal before. I stopped because my phone was too shit and kept crashing.

I'm gonna start working on my diet, no more fast food and I'm gonna start cooking more and eating out less.
I'm done being this fat. I hate it.

I'm in Tokyo, still studying though and hoping I can find a decent job once I graduate. I don't dislike living here but it feels like everyone is on edge all the time, I'm guessing Shizuoka is a lot more chill. My gym ends up costing about the same, it's literally always crowded as hell and I hate it but I have no choice, no other decent gyms in my area.
What do you do? JET?

Getting ADHD meds next week.
Hope it helps losing weight. Went from 76 to 87kg. Pretty bummed.

Yeah, I was too much of a pussy to study abroad. It took me years to work up the courage to apply to JET and my Japanese is still total shit, like tourist tier.

As I drop this weight I really should start studying, too.

What are you studying? How much do you have to lose? I started at 108kg, now I'm 92.3 on my way down to 60 (for starters, at least).

Been out at the races but I still need weigh ins from an obscene amount of you new people. Last update before tomorrow where the brackets are decided and a lot of you are looking to be out on your ass.

Get me them weights, fats.

@apple

s33kn2br3b0rn

Current weight

I replied in an earlier thread but in case you missed it

Annie 242.8

Doing business. I'm around 80kg at 175cm (5'9) at the moment and actually look good and thicc because I'm pretty muscular but I'm too fat for Japan and ideally would like to drop to around 70-72. My face looks really good below 70 (was 67 3 years ago) but I feel weak and pathetic at that weight so it's a dilemma.

is it true you can eat whatever as long as you stay under 1500 calories a day and you will still lose weight

Yes. Enjoy being unhealthy and having high bodyfat if you eat shitty food though

Visiting family for the weekend. I can see how I was so fat as a teenager now.
They're all fat and just constantly offering food and talking about food.

Yes, you will technically lose weight by cutting calories, but how you want your body to look does depend on what you eat. Macronutrients play a factor as well. A pound of Muscle and a pound of fat both weigh the same (a pound). Muscles are more dense, smaller and compact. Fat is big and blubbery.

High Fat and High Carbs with little protein while on a caloric deficit = Skinny fat mode

High Protein and either a combination of Lower Carbs or Lower Fat while on a caloric deficit = Ripped Juicy Muscle Toned Body

I know this feel, whenever my family comes into town the discussion is always "where are we going to eat" and "what are we gonna cook together" its almost disgusting now that I think on it

Yes, but if you are eating shit it'll be tough. Watching your nutrients and eating food that is good for you will actually fill you up and help your body.

The important take away, I think, is that eating something bad will not ruin your progress automatically. If you are dying for a candy bar, go for it, but record it for the day and only do it once in a long while.

I have 4 grams of chocolate a few times a week, and a cheat meal once a month. But I never go over my TDEE, and I've lost 1.5 to 2 pounds a week consistently since I began.

Should I include ab work in my PPL routine even if I still have a sizeable gut? If so, I should probably include it in leg or pull, huh?

yes, and every day

>second reason for losing weight after bettering myself is for my waifu

anyone else?

Obviously it won't produce anything that looks good until I get lower BF%, right? But it helps strengthen my core in a way other workouts won't right?

I just want the nightmares to go away