What is the most complete ab exercise?

What is the most complete ab exercise?

Currently doing sit ups, leg raises, and lat leg raises.

Also, best trap exercise?

>ab exercise
canoe crunch

>trap exercise
any pull exercise that isn't curls, incline paused shrug

> abs
Personally prefer hanging leg raise, but does not really matter as moch as your bf% does

> traps
Barbell rows

>ab
planks
>trap
above the knee rack pulls

cable crunches
woodchoopers
ab wheel

They are the answer

Front squats

for traps, I think you could either do lateral raises with dumbells (shoulder exercise, but also hits traps really well.)

also any upward press will activate traps. This includes OHP, or dumbell shoulder press, or any of their variants.

also there are deadlifts and rack pulls. You could always isolate traps with shrugs, but you need to go really heavy to get any benefit from them. And theres not point in having huge traps if your shoulders are shit.

For traps;
>Deadlifts
>Lateral raises

One that built them up like crazy for me is the upright row, close hand for mainly traps, wide hand for front delts and traps. Just make sure you don't go above the nipple, all these instructional pictures/videos always go way too high, above the nipple is a higher risk of injury. Go heavy too.

Anything hollow body.

>Best ab exercise?
Weighted planks/weighted crunches
>Best trap exercise?
Rack pulls above the knee (meme exercise but it legit is the single best exercise for the upper back), power shrugs, deadlifts

>abs
weighted v-sits

>traps
cable upright row/high pull

Best trap exercise hands down is snatch grip high pulls.

The three exercises that helped explode my traps (in addition to many other body parts) were OHP, deadlifts, and farmer's walk. Make sure to save farmer's walk for the end of your workout since it completely burns out your forearms and grip strength.

>Abs
Ab wheel, leg raises, planks

>Traps
Oly lifts

The best exercise for abs is the squat, specifically front squats like mentioned.

I'd say my favorite (but totally unnecessary unless you're trying to do some cool bodyweight stunts) ab isolation is the ab wheel.

what is the best LOWER ab exercise though?

is anything better than leg lifts?

stats and routine?

5'9"
~160lbs
Weak

Pull/Push/Legs/Cardio

Post stats anyway
also what you been taking?

plank variations with bosu

myotatic crunch

expect litteral abs DOMS, and these can be a motherfucker

>upper traps
above the knee rack pulls
>lower traps
heavy t bar rows

twisting pistons

>What is the most complete ab exercise?
squats and farmers walk

>Also, best trap exercise?

Hedge trimming 8h/day

>abs
leg raises with upper ab contraction
>traps
fucktarded amount of shrugs, but traps are like calves if you're trying to build the top portion of the muscle. contract them bitches at every possible opportunity. seated delt flyes, face pulls, rows, fuckin contract your traps. your shoulders should be tight toward the back in every god damn workout you do.

leg raises or windshield wipers if you can do them, and then full contact twist for your entire oblique and seratus

i do leg raises on my A day and full contact twist on my B day

>your shoulders should be tight toward the back in every god damn workout you do.

On my phone, but check out the "retract the fucking scapula" video

doing just deadlifts would cover both abs and traps and a lotta other muscles

For traps, you can grow them really well by stretching under load, this is why the deadlift is so good. Other things which stretch in this manner are the fast lifts (snatch, c+j and their derivatives), deadlift variants which emphasize loading (rack/block pulls) and farmers carries.

Generally you want to try going heavy for low reps, and try looking for ways to get heavy weights with a lot of time offer tension. Another way to achieve this is ending every set of deadlifts with a set of shrugs or power shrugs

So a back workout, as well as all your rows etc could look like

Snatch grip high pull 6x3
Low pull/power shrug 6x3
Farmers walk 6*40m (with straps, if you're using DBs not handles, aiming for BW/hand)

For "upper back" rather than just the traps, it's also worth doing a buttload of facepulls, pull aparts, waiter walks, halos, YTWLs, rear delt raises, for stability, health, and they'll contribute in part to building size

Good things to read are bill Starr on shrugs, and John meadows on rear Delts (mountain dog shoulders on t-nation)