Friday night feels thread

I just heard that a dude that goes to my uni's gym just died a few days ago in a motorcycle accident. I wasn't super close to him but we talked every so often, and it's weirdly hitting me hard. He was an insane badass dude, he was always one of the strongest guys at the gym, and natty, and his outlook on life was pretty cool. He always pushed himself and others, and he was able to balance starting his own business and a job at Boeing as an engineer. Last conversation I had with him he was telling me about how ridding yourself of videogames was the best thing that you could do to better yourself. I respect the guy. It's weird to see someone I know die, it's never happened to me. RIP C

>Last conversation I had with him he was telling me about how ridding yourself of videogames was the best thing that you could do to better yourself

Sounds like a retard desu

F

We're all just here to sustain the flow of life user. Death is necessary for life to continue; the balance might be a bit fucked up right now with us being the top of the food chain and no other predator having a chance; but make no mistake we're just here to eat the smaller animals and feed the bigger ones. As a species we've lost touch with our true purpose and our mortality.

>tfw taller than all your female friends but still weight less
Who else /skelly/?

Speaking of video games, I finally quit in January after wasting away as a NEET. Weird to say, but a guy I met once, and only occasionally ran into afterwards, inspired me to get more serious about life in general. Wish he was still around and not fucking off to grad school. Started work at a kinda-tech company, and now I get made fun of for REFUSING to play games. Everyone and their fucking dog at the office plays PUBG and Overwatch.

Still not going to play games. Not even going to think about PC upgrades unless something physically breaks. Going to keep making progress at the gym. Still going to eat as clean as I can despite getting hardballed over it almost every day. Fucking Commiefornia, I thought being vegetarian/vegan/autistic was a trend, and people wouldn't care so much about me eating salad or chicken & broccoli.

this

I'm developing a crush on this girl at work, really hot, probably every guy there wants to fuck her, I almost imagine she's flirty with me but I know I'm just deluding myself and she's just being friendly, and it's a bitch, I haven't felt this way since high school.

Worst part is I have a cute gf, and I hate myself for being a piece of shit, but I can't help it. Fuck, I wish I could turn my emotions off.

At least this whole thing has made me more motivated for some odd reason lately, I'm being more social, lifting better, eating better, and fucking my gf alot more, for which she's thankful. This kind of reminded me what made me start lifting in the first place, even though I thought I don't loft for girls anymore.

>I'm just deluding myself and she's just being friendly
Worst fucking feel.

I went to the gym today and my sore adductors kept me from squatting to my full potential. Felt like hell and couldnt get into the grove.

If I have a shit squat session my whole gym session is affect. I shouldnt be like this but it does get to me. Also cant even hang with friends on friday night parents to strict and dont let me go out.

21 years old going on 22. Kill me brehs

It took me a long time to learn this, but people* don't really care that much about what you do or how good you are at doing it. They care that you're showing up, putting in the effort at whatever the group is about, and trying to fit in.

You don't get made fun of for playing video games, or not playing video games, or lifting or whatever. You get made fun of for holding yourself apart, for being ostentatiously different. You could be identical to some person who doesn't get ragged on; you'd get made fun of as long as that's what you put out.

Some advice? Play a few rounds of fucking Overwatch with the team.

*men, statement void when dealing with groups of women because bitches be crazy.

Just got back from a rare nights outmy dudes

Stood outside my job bar and talked with security then drunk guy who just had a baby touched my chest and asked routine then he wanted me to wingman him into getting pussy so i said yes and walked inside to grab jacket then 2 dudes at bar stopped me and felt my chest and asked me to flex but i said no thanks and went for jacket and went to another Club with this drunk retard who Pretty much assaulted women when talking to them so i said "hey man im gonna go buy a pack of cigs then ill be right back" but actually i rode home on my bike and made chicken no lie

So sick of only men mirin

>tfw no gf
>tfw living at home for the the summer to save money
>tfw I remember the shit my ex last said to me everyday
>that I'll never full fill my dreams and I'm not worth her time
>work as hard as I can.
>really feel stretched to the limit between work, trying to do research, working out, and other stuff
Im really trying to be the best I can be and be better every day but it's hard anons. I feel so lonely sometimes

I'd rather not be friends with them if the only bonding option is to play some shit game. I get more out of being an actual asset to the company and being useful.

i did this same thing bro, don't go down that road.

I hope you get this message before it's too late.

DO NOT SHIT WHERE YOU EAT. Ignored this advice myself and put me in a shitty situation. You have a gf any way, don't flirt at work.

Second thing I learned way too late: Unless you are an absolute, flat out genius, and I mean, "what you do might as well be magic to everyone who's not you" level genius, having a lot of friends will get you soooo much farther than just being a good worker.

Your goal should be to do both. Because it's the high flyer that people like and want to work with that moves forward. Here's the other thing. Unless you are in a highly specialized field (see the genius comment above) what you are going to be doing that makes you valuable is dealing with people. Managing groups of them to get something done. Motivating them, coaching them, training them, whatever, that's what's going to make you really worth money.

This is just for what it's worth.

I'm not in any management position and don't plan to be. Specialized job, so if I move over to doing more of what I want to do soonish, I basically can't be fired. The guys I mentioned are pretty much all in one position lower than me right now, but they're the overwhelming majority of the current office.

Got the job via complete bullshit, so I guess that's why I don't really want to bond with anyone I won't be directly working with. Proving that I actually deserve to be there is more important, since it's likely that their initial expectation was that I was going to be lazy and abuse a comfortable pay for a new hire.

Fuck video games, golf is probably a better option for me in terms of networking with the important guys at the company that will give me any recommendation worth a damn.

>spent the night in front of my computer again
what should i do when i have no friends? how do i go outside without a purpose

>tfw no friends
>basically all i can do is bike around outside alone and then see happy couples/friends and feel sad again

Do a sport like rock climbing or boxing or something

its saturday morning my man

exactly why you have to stop thinking it will get better when you do 'x'
you could die at any time
just take action now, but within reason.

>in bed with gf but can't sleep so feels are good, but figured I'd share a little story with you guys just cause I love you

>Be at gym around the time the NBA finals started
>Hated KD's move to the warriors and wanted LeBron to kick his ass
>Cavs warriors is on
>Doing my normal workout and checking score and watching a minute of game during my rest time on the cardio TVs
>Game is pretty even so far
>Doing forearm work with bench bar and Ive just walked over to the cardio area with the bar and a pair of 45s
>KD starts going off on both ends of the floor
>LeBron is just standing in the corners not really affecting the game
>Start to become visibly frustrated with Lebron's performance, I'll throw up my hands in shock, shake my head etc
>KD sinks two threes in a row to put the warriors up my 10
>Say loudly, 'just classic LeBron right there'
>A cardio bunny who went to get water comes up to me and says
>You do know this is a rerun of the Christmas game right?
>Tfw

Can't get over my ex. Thought we might get back together but was told she's into someone else. I found out at the gym today and my last couple sets were just garbage I couldn't even think. I want to die.

>wanting to die over some whore girlfriend you had when you are a teenager, who thought so little of you shes immediately onto the next cock like every girl always is after breaking up with a guy

you people are such cucks its almost incomprehensible how pathetic you are

You've never loved anyone, have you?