Will LSD effect my gains?

WAs wondering if LSD will affect my gains. Wanting to go to a music festival/campout type thing and want to know if it will kill my gains. Any advice plz!

Other urls found in this thread:

luminist.org/archives/session.htm
erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

itll kill your brain cells, if that means anything. dropped acid a few years ago and every couple of months for a few seconds the world fucking starts to melt. it sucks.

lsd is fine, if you're worried take a half dose

or do mushrooms

Here's some advice. RAVEN. Remember: Affect Verb, Effect Noun

t.somebody who hasn't done lsd

Sorry to break it to you. What you took wasn't LSD might want to talk to your dealer why he sold you some other drug

dont have to prove myself to you, i just know what i know.

OP here...
Thanks, ill keep that in my ass for later use English professor
Ok good to know. I'll be having a physique show about 3 months after that so I should be ok! Much appreciated!

No OP but I am looking to try shrooms soon. Can I expect it to affect gains ornmy appetite at all? What should I eat or not eat before or during?

Shrooms are better for beginners

Not to my knowledge no, but you might have some slight gastrointestinal discomfort. Some people don't, some people do though. It's nothing gnarly, but for me what seemed like 4 hours on the shitter was only like 5 minutes lol

Uninformed. What is HPPD? I had it myself after a few months of abusing LSD which culminated in a really bad trip; I get slight visual hallucinations very rarely nowdays that disappear once I pay full attention to them; sort of like driving down the road in my car and in my peripheral vision I see a jogger running on the path; I glance at him to check as you do and he isn't there... just a trick of the mind. Welcome to what can happen if you fuck with LSD too much. I'm 29 now and I didn't have any problems like that until I started tripping at the end of 2015; I had my final trip mid 2016 and since then I've had these issues. It was a lot worse in the first few months.

fast four hours beforehand and consume 3.5g in a quiet darkened room, best during noon

I tripped a dozen times or so a few years ago and haven't done it since. I don't notice any adverse effects. I don't have health problems. I don't have flashbacks.

>quads witnessed

Side question in relation to your picture, has your experience helped you sort yourself out?

LSD will take up a full day of your life, but nothing more. Going to the music festival overall will cause you to have more lifting time lost.

Did you ever have a bad trip?

I had plenty of fine trips with no effects other than the mental "realizations" you have; or at least you believe you have.

My final trip was a bad one; it triggered an anxiety attack (Never had one before) which during an LSD trip felt like I was having a heart attack; the anxiety also seemed to make the visual effects of the LSD far more powerful and everything got super trippy; if my visuals were on a 7, they got turned up to 25.

It's scared me off psychedelics since then; it was all triggered by coffee and/or tobacco.

By it's nature it is completely 100% cognitive, and beneficial at that. The only side effects of real LSD (and not a knockoff or analogue) is that you'll feel chill as fuck the day after. You could take 10 times recommended dosage and it won't impact your physical health.

Exact same here

I smoked a decent amount of weed during, too

Freaked me right out and took a while for me to center myself afterwards

fuck yeah ever since ive started listening 2 his lectures i have become more motivated than ever before; my lifts go up, becoming more sociable, improving relationships - all the jbp memes

If you start to sort yourself out in just a small bit of your life then that can definitely snowball out of control

I spent the rest of my trip pacing my room trying to decide whether to go to hospital or not about my heart; trying to meditate to calm my heart rate down and watching Joe Rogan podcasts to try and distract myself.

At some point I accepted if I was going to die then I was going to die; may as well accept it and risk it rather than going to hospital and potentially getting the attention of police due to me doing a class A drug in the UK.

I tried everything to take my mind off it but all I could think about was my heart beating insanely fast and the feeling that it was the beginning of a heart attack.

>more digits

Thanks for the quality response m8. How about doing it alone? Any experience or would you recommend it? I don't feel like I have anyone close enough that I would want around while going under.

acid flashbacks aren't real stop spreading misinformation

test your LSD using ehlrichs reagent; a simple google search will find it for you; and it's cheap.

Put a drop on a bit of a tab and if it turns purple its an indole and you're fine.

If it doesn't turn purple then don't take it; if you get a tab of 5-meo-dmt which is often wrongly sold as LSD you could very realistically die; 5-meo-dmt has a physical reaction unlike LSD which only has a mental effect.

The biggest danger with LSD is going into a state of panic which could cause an anxiety attack; that's it. With 5-meo-dmt you could very easily die if you take too much; which is very easy to do.

Google 5-meo-dmt and read into testing with ehrlich reagant before doing the LSD you get for your own safety user.

Also; for your first time do shrooms.

Yes they are. Look into HPPD.

HPPD is a real thing but when people who don't know about lsd talk about flashbacks it's not really the same thing as HPPD. There are people out there who legitimately think that lsd can get stored in your spine and you can crack it years later and have a full trip again.

you dont get HPPD from doing a tab or two or 5, you have to do that shit repeatedly at multiple tabs/sheets dosages over weeks/months. Some people get it from just one instance of taking a thumbprint or a shot of liquid LSD, aka insane dosages.

basically if you get HPPD you fucked up. Psychs are meant to only be taken once in a blue moon, when you've had plenty of time to reflect on the changes theyve made.
That said it's criminal how little HPPD is known in the public - I know most nurses have never even heard of it and probably most doctors as well. No one knows that benzos can stop a trip. No one knows that weed can exacerbate HPPD. The average person thinks if you take too much acid/shrooms you get schizophrenia...but they know nothing about HPPD.

When I sparsely do psychedelics, every few months or so, I do them alone. I think the value that can be extracted from a trip alone is much greater than a trip with someone else, and much more comfortable

If you are really nervous then just take 1-1.5g and see how that treats you. On a relatively modest dose like that you won't have to prepare as much when it comes to things like eating, going to the bathroom, and time commitment compared to how much you would have to prepare for a higher dose trip

Look up some of Terence McKenna talks about shrooms on youtube, some of the stuff he says is slightly quacked but he does have some good solid advice in there too

If you ever do venture into the higher doses you have to be comfortable with losing control - and i'm talking about control of the reality you know because that is what psychedelics do - they greatly alter your perspective on reality and that can be p scary for some

I always double dropped taking a dose of what was meant to be 220ug; my LSD came from the darknet from a reliable vendor.

For me it's just little things; maybe out of the corner of your eye you see something but when you look it's not there; or you think you see something in your peripheral but when you look it's gone.

The two most recent ones that comes to mind was driving in my car with my girlfriend; I thought I saw a jogger but I look again he wasn't there. My girlfriend noticed and asked me what I was looking at, I didn't tell her.

The other one was walking out of the bathroom at her house; I thought I saw her out of the corner of my eye behind me as if she was coming out of the room next to the bathroom. I turned to look at her and she wasn't there.

Pretty weird.

Also funny you say that about the weed. I'll tell you about how it went wrong for me.

I'd had 9 or 10 trips on LSD at this point in the space of about 5-6 months. I was solo tripping alone at this point.

So I ran out of LSD and my friend sourced me some; I wasn't completely trustworthy with him but I was a moron in a bad spot and wanted to trip. I tested my LSD with Ehlrichs reagent and it reacted correctly so it was an LSD, whether that's regular LSD or 1p-LSD is unknown.

So I took the LSD and it seemed to be a dud; after a few hours when I should be at my peak I had nothing but very mild visuals.

I went to my dealer and got some weed at my friends bad recommendation, I'd drank a coffee at this point and accepted my LSD wasn't going to work. I sparked up my joint and took a few drags; suddenly my heart started to pound and race in my chest. My visuals suddenly turned up from mild to insanely powerful and I sat back in my chair thinking "oh shit what the fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk" and felt the LSD kicking into gear hardcore.

For the next few hours my heart was beating heavily in my chest and I had super strong visuals; I felt in a state of panic and tried to take my mind off it. I spent the rest of the trip laid on my bed trying not to move or do anything so that my heart rate would slow down.

Pretty horrible experience and since then I've had those weird visual hallucinations I occasionally get. Start after I had super strong colors; sometimes halos around lights looked a bit different than usual or the way smoke reacted in the light looked a bit trippy; maybe at night with my eyes closed I'd try to sleep and instead see a shit ton of colors behind my eyes.

This chart is complete horseshit and is seriously dangerous misinformation.

Ecstasy is an incredibly dangerous drug that destroys your capacity to feel pleasure in the long term.

By contrast, no studies have found lsd or psilocybin to be addictive or neurotoxic.

>I think the value that can be extracted from a trip alone is much greater than a trip with someone else, and much more comfortable

This is very smart user. I dont know why everyone always wants to do psychedelics with a shitload of people, or at music festivals/other intense places. First time i ever tripped I did it with a friend and it ended up being about him, that shit hit him harder and I just kinda had to go along with what he wanted to do. Every time ive done it by myself, ive learned something important. Taking psychs should be like wandering into the forest alone to go on a spirit journey.

General tips
>only do it 1-2 times a year tops. If you did it right and got something from the trip, you wont feel the need to do it again soon. Also, too much of that shit will seriously start to damage you.
>if you're gonna do with friends or in public, do a small dose
>Most LSD is not LSD, its some research chemical; real acid is really hard to make. Not all RCs are bad imo but its nice to know what youre getting.
>Try to gauge your doses. 1 tab could mean anything; Same thing with mushrooms, different strenghts per weight. Ask the person you got it from about this. Thats not always reliable so either do a test day with one tab or just take them incrementally every few hours. Take two tabs at the most if youre not sure what you got.
>weed can help you calm down at the come up which can be uncomfortable. However there is value in not getting super stoned during a trip, things are a bit clearer.
>This is just my experience but shrooms are better for spiritual type trips to improve your life.
>Have a journal, write down all the shit you're feeling you think is worthwhile. This is the difference between having a positive lasting impact from the trip and just "doing drugs like a retard"
>dont try to control whats gonna happen. You can have a general idea but all the good and bad will show itself regardless
>dont trip if depressed, sick or in pain.

also
>If you dip shrooms in lemon juice it makes the trip a lot more intense but it'll be shorter. Good if you dont want it to be an all day thing
>always trip in a place you feel comfy/secure
>small doses with friends is a good way to bond/get closer.
>Only trip with people you like. Never trip with people youre not fond of, be careful with tripping with strangers.
>the difference between a good trip and a bad trip can be simply deciding to make positive changes in your life after the trip. This goes with the journal thing; If the trip is going in a negative direction just write down all the things that you're gonna do to make your life better after the trip, all the shit you got to look forward to, etc.

Acid just makes you question things for a bit, if you trip and feel like working out is useless, then it's bad for your health.

to be fair, that one is too, who cares what the active dose or ld50 is (and why are those the same thing), you should just have a scale and controlled doses of a tested substance. that axis should read "how stupid or malicious the average dealer of this drug is" or something about the ld50/prices (i.e. how stupid and rich you have to be to kill yourself)
the real problem is that people want easy information and assurances (if they aren't just popping random pills they're given), instead of reading up on what they're doing. blows my mind how many people I know casually pop benzos with alcohol, high doses of mdma without preparation and all the other memetic faults
lsd doesn't have any physical effects after it leaves your body unless you develop hppd, which is fairly rare, but it can be difficult to get your mind around even on a low dose, especially if it's your first time. the usual basic advice is set/setting, your mindset and where you are/what you're doing. if you feel yourself becoming anxious or uncomfortable, change one of those two things. there's not really any stopping a trip in progress, so you should both keep in mind that it will be over in a few hours and try to go with the flow/take the experience for what it is. be sure you're around other people who are calm and who you trust
this is kind of memey but probably worth a read, don't take everything it says as fact, but it's reassuring to have some conception of what you'll be going through: luminist.org/archives/session.htm
erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd.shtml is also probably worth a read

things that vividly remind you of tripping or seeing things that trip you out is much different than having "the world melt every few months." acid doesn't get stored in your spine and you don't have short full blown trips randomly for the rest of your life. pure lsd is physically harmless. at most you might see things like the way trees move in the wind and think they look odd or vaguely similar to the way they looked while you were tripping.

they're real but not solely in the way you or he is describing. from what I understand, people who have intense experiences during a trip can flash back to that (obviously not the spine bullshit, but still a nontrivial experience) just like any other traumatic experience might induce. I know you can retain visual understandings of things, but that's not what I'd associate "flashback" with

Thanks again m8s. Not OP butni think I am going to go it alone. Is true you still remain in control pretty well aware of yourself within the physical world or will you look like a total sperg going out in public for a brief moment?

varies from person to person but generally ye it's no too hard to act normal for a brief amount of time

This is bullshit

They're supposed to be done on an empty stomach. You won't really eat while tripping. It will be a fasting day for sure.

absolutely horrible idea.

I hate being hungry when Im on shrooms, make sure you eat something beforehand. Also dont sit in a dark room you'll get some bad vibes. try to go outside, go for a walk in nature or something and listen to some music. Don't just sit in silence you'll go crazy.

I really love to hear the sounds of nature when tripping outside too.

inexperienced psych user detected

>5-meo-dmt which is often wrongly sold as LSD you could very realistically die

Nigga, that's DMT. You're not dieing on DMT. But HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT, does it feel like you did.

Lol this isn't like trying to buy whiskey and being afraid someone is going to sell you dom perignon instead. No drug dealer on earth is going to sell you dmt claiming it's LSD

*is

5-meo-dmt is a totally seperate thing from DMT noobs. This is why psychs are dangerous and need some regulation; people like yourselves are misinformed.

Look into 5-meo-dmt, 5-meo-amt and nbomes. If you accidentally take an NBOME and take too much which is easily done; you're going to die. Always test your LSD. 5-meo-dmt and 5-meo-amt tabs are usually a little bit larger than LSD; however NBOme can be sold on a regular tab.

Yeah the difference is the methyl oxidase allows the dmt to be hallucinatory. If regular dmt made you trip you'd be seeing mechanical elves for your entire life since your body contains a shitton of it.

After reading up on HPPD I might have this. I enjoy it though, kind of weird. Its like decoding video files in a codex that just slightly works and yields very similar results.

Then why aren't I persistently tripping

after having done psychedelics, presumably? how could you not know or not have a previous "normal" reference point to know something changed

The real fear with psychedelics is that they could cause you to wake up and realise how futile and meaningless the pursuit of strength and aesthetics is, which for a lot of us on here is a big part of our identity

Imagine doing a mushroom trip and then coming out the otherside no longer caring about how big your biceps are, or how much you can bench, or your bodyfat percentage

and instead you now care about building meaningful relationships and progressing in life

Would never happen, buddy

I don't see this being much of a problem. At least with me, I see the body as a reflection of the mind. A weak body cannot easily support a strong mind or at least allow it to be used to its fullest extent.

I'll tip my fedora later.

>body contains a shitton of it.
JFC where did you get your facts? A rat lab?

Body contains it, but not a shitton of it. Just enough to realize that life is a trip itself.

because that nigga was wrong.

>time to get deep
You are persistently tripping. It's the illusion called life.

affect*

>you think you see something in your peripheral but when you look it's gone.

fuck that's been happening to me since I started tripping

No

Accurate

Same, I've always considered myself to be strong-willied and determined, and I realized during an acid trip that if I want to show that to other people then I need to just lift weights and to show my body the same attention I show my mind..

Never happened to me. I call BS. It's more of a spiritual awakening than the scary nightmare most make it to be

Done acid like 18 times now, never had a bad trip but I have had some uncomfortable ones.
Has actually had a positive effect on my gains (mentally) though usually the day after I just sleep all day.
I always bring my chocolate lab with me, she's like my grounding if I start to get lost. The more you fight the trip the worse it'll be. Its wierd shit but i definitely reccomend it at least once

I like the way you think. It puts a similar, but different spin on reasons to lift.

>tfw doing future authoring program tonight
>tfw tomorrow night dropping LSD and reviewing my future authoring to get a different perspective on it

wew

Don't do acid if you are retarded enough to think it has anything to do with gains.
No, it doesn't kill brain cells. MDMA does due to hyperexcitation. And your story is false.
As for flashbacks, they are real, but he's full of shit. Aside from acid, I've done shrooms, 4-HO-MET, 2C-P, AL-LAD, ALD-52, 25C-nBOME, 5-MeO-MiPT and that's just psychedelics, not counting dissociatives.
I've only had flashbacks after AL-LAD and 2C-P. They were confined to around a second or two of feeling "differently", plus similar waving visual disturbance like on acid. Like I said, this lasts for 2 seconds tops and happened to me maybe 2, 3 times tops in my entire psychedelic career.
Also, no HPPD signs but I never did psychedelics more often than once per two weeks.
To be honest, psychedelics are incredible fun in the open, while dissociatives, especially arylcyclohexylamines, such as ketamine, methoxetamine, 3-MeO-PCP and 4-MeO-PCP (and a very special mention for DXM, which is a morphinian) are probably the ultimate drugs for movie/game/music nights. No psychedelic ever let me to completely become one with what I'm seeing, that is, music and picture became my body, I could physically feel every subtle change in the movie. Absolutely amazing.

>No psychedelic ever let me to completely become one with what I'm seeing, that is, music and picture became my body, I could physically feel every subtle change in the movie. Absolutely amazing.

Your statements are contradicting,m8.

Well always when I do acid text on a computer screen will be wobbly for several weeks after. Wouldn't really call it a flashback tho.

dont listen to this idiot. You need an empty stomach for shrooms.

I know what you mean, so let me clarify.
I consider psychedelics to be augmenting the senses, letting you see things you never paid attention to before. Dissos cut you off from the outside world, DXM allows you to go on a completely crazy ride in different dimensions, MXE is somewhat similar, but it has an incredible effect when it comes to "dissolving" yourself in, say, a movie. It's a completely different class of experience you'd get from watching it on, say, LSD.
For me, high psychedelics doses end up with complete depersonalization, not even knowing such a thing as "I", replaced with unrelenting storm of combined senses and visions.
Looks like you're more predisposed to HPPD. That, or it wasn't acid, but something like DOC or the abominable nBOME family, which is known to cause a higher amount of HPPD cases.

Heroin itself doesn't harm the body. Ecstasy on the other hand is very neurotoxic. Bullshit graph!

I don't recommend doing LSD in a crowd of strangers any way

Indeed, the graph is considering street heroin. Which, has lots of impurities from synthesis in, not to mention cutting agents that aren't really meant to be injected. This, plus malnourishment and poor, or lack of, injection hygiene, is what contributes the most to street heroin's harm potential.
Pure opios, by themselves, are safe as long as you don't overdose and don't get physically addicted. Coming down from morphine was living hell and I don't want to know what happens after even stronger opios.

No, won't affect your gains. But be sure to keep hydrated, dehydration is the biggest danger with pretty much any drug. Also: enjoy yourself.

Fast 6 hours before, nearing the end of your trip (after 4-6 hours), smoke a little marijuana and have cheese fondue. Highly recommend that shit. Was a magical evening.

>strong-willied

>being a druggie degenerate
you deserve a bullet, not gains.

Posts as these always make me smile. Greatly illustrates the general public with no knowledge about drugs other than what media present them. The universal fear of the unknown.
They won't admit alcohol, tobacco and coffee are drugs like every other.
What they see is always the picture of a completely degenerate junkie, with a dirty needle up their arm, begging for cash to afford heroin.
They have no idea about psychedelics, at most they heard about LSD and how it gives you schizophrenia and makes you see pink elephants.
They have no idea about responsible drug use and how it can lead to benefits, even from something so small like relief of the pain in cluster headaches (psilocybin) or perspective-changing journeys.
Everything has its pros and cons, but it's absolutely unfair to only show the most extreme cases of people who fell by their own insatiability, while saying nothing of those who gained something positive out of it.

A bullet for you as well, my degenerate friend. Good thing you fags both took preorders before the day of the rope, eh?

Mushrooms help with those? Never knew that