/run/ - Running General

>FAQ
pastebin.com/pjMQQ46m
Don't let the thread die after 2 posts edition

Have you beaten her marathon time Veeky Forums? (3:51)

Other urls found in this thread:

strava.com/clubs/fitizens
youtu.be/Y6U728AZnV0
youtube.com/watch?v=jhqZcGcwYV8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How can I mix strenght training with long distance running? I'm thinking one will affect the other and I will end up being mediocre at both. What do you guys think, any experience? Currently I'm on the texas method.

long distance running is generally bad, a variety of studies suggest that running in excess of 30 miles a week starts to be actively detrimental. would recommend sprinting, skipping rope, and a mix of 5k's and 10k's if you want to gain or maintain your conditioning

a lot of western track/field girls are pretty cute
that one is fucking ugly

just fuck my shit up man
What if I do those 30 miles in two days? Are 10k's not long disatnce? Is there something like mid distance or what? Sprinting and skipping rope would help me run longer?

thanks

>natalie dormer
>ugly

Pick one

I pick both

>implying a bad running pic means anything

I don't know of any literature offhand or with casual searching that specifically studies the effects of distance in individual sessions, so I couldn't tell you where the inflection points are, but I haven't seen negative outcomes from ~10k distance. Running these shorter distances faster, or sprinting and skipping rope at high intensity, will still improve your ability to run longer, in a cardiovascular fitness/vo2 max sense.

Nice, thank you. What about mixing it with strenght training?

shouldn't be a problem, just make sure your food/hydration/rest are on point. cheers m8

After or before lifting? On a rest day? It HAS to affect my lifts, right?

Good Moooooorrrnninng, lads! Britfag here.

Cup of coffee before I go for 3mile run in half an hour

Coffee before a run? I'd puke. I don't have anything before a morning run.

Looks like the camera caught her stepping down, which probably made her face saggy. Paleness could be lighting/exertion/temperature.

Goes without saying that your performance will be affected in whichever one you do second, but it's time dependent. with ~8-12 hours in between running and lifting, the effect is minimal to nonexistent. You could also run to warm up, but you'd have to attenuate intensity or distance

I need something usually, plus my shits are like clockwork now thanks to a morning coffee

Drink more water buddeh

>implying a face full of slap makes any difference

Is this shopped?

My god those caulifower ears look like they're about to explode. Why don't MMA fighters at least they should wear a mask

Threadly reminder to join autism
strava.com/clubs/fitizens

does she even fucking have an alternate expression

wow natalie dormer looks like that !

CICO is one element to bear in mind. I would also recommend not training LISS too close to lifting or sprinting, there's some thinking that the two are incompatible.

So for cardio you can train 5 or 6 times a week easily. It's a good idea to taper and rest before a comp but day to day training you won't overtrain doing some kind of cardio. With running there is a question of impact, so shorten stride length/increase steps per minute and avoid hard ground to mitigate that. If you need to, give your tissues a rest with cycling or rowing or other low impact cardio.

3 sessions a week should be LISS. Give around 6 hours either side of a LISS session for any high intensity sessions. So you could run in the morning and lift in the afternoon or evening. The other 2 or 3 sessions should be HIIT, so sprinting or fartlek or whatever.

Next Dr Who.

running more than 30 miles a week is pretty rare for most runners

Have a link? What ive read doesnt really mention such a low mileage as being detrimental

youtu.be/Y6U728AZnV0

no makeup while working out

I would not call 10k long distance. 15-20 is long distance, after that you're talking half-marathons

I usually don't put anything other than water in my body before a morning run

started HIIT with sprints, since my weight loss plateaued and I don't feel like going under 1800kcal. I like running, if it wasn't for my injured foot, I'd probably never touch a barbell.

>GOTTA GO FAST!!!

How do you guys deal with pic related on long distance runs? I tried taping over it but the tape just falls off halfway through and my nipples end up bleeding anyway.

Please respond. It's ruining my shirts.

A marathoner here AMA. Currently training for breaking 2:55 in September.

>trying for sub-4 hour marathon
>get trainer to help me due to plateauing
>really hate speed drills
>keeps changing my training paces due to data from runs
>this upcoming week, got 3 miles at 7:10min/mile pace because I'm now down to 6:30 minute mile and 2:59 800m time at the last time trial he had me do this week.
>he thinks if I keep improving at the rate I am, I'll even get sub 3:50.
I cannot wait to get this goal done. Why did I want this goal so much?

I never had any bloody nipple chaffing. Maybe you need to wear better shirts. I always wear loose shirts when running.

>Can comfortably run 4km in less than 23 minutes
Feels fantastic. Even had my first 5k not long ago, in 30 minutes.
Went from not even 800m (half a mile) early June.
Still a bit above 100kg (220lbs) but I don't feel much pain in my knees, or shinsplints.
First real goal is to be able to run 5k in 27 minutes, and just being able to run 40 minutes straight.

fellow user runers please help.

I've did my first half marathon last month and now i felt in love with long distance runing, i train pretty hard ( 5km x2 daily + 20km bike)

and i started having pimples in my crotch, on the sides to the legs

what the fuck, didnt have those before i started this nut training

how i do get better? i shower after each exercise...

6'2 324.8 this morning

Should I lose more weight or start jogging.

walk/bike till u are in 250 or u will just hurt your knees/ankles and you will say fuck to cardio

You need to find a better shirt. I've had similar problems with shirts before, mostly when I've been running in clothes made for football/soccer. I recently bought a tank-top to run in which is liberating af, strongly recommend it

Congratulations! I hope the good form continues! Remember to not punch your body too hard, you don't want any unnecessary injuries to spoil the party

vaseline

Uhm I don't think that's running-related

It's probably dietary, got the same on my crotch and upper arms near my delts. Almost cleared up completely after quitting dairy,

>inb4 silly vegan

I still have dairy occasionally

Thanks, wasn't expecting a straight answer honestly

its honest truth, when i was 5.11/ 260 pounds i tried to run, everything hurts so i said fuck it for 2 months (really put a mark on my mentality towards if i can make it )

Get a bike, and get comfy on the bike, Im 168 p now and i can make 50-60km ride on bike without being fucked up the next day ( just did 3x 50 in last 3 days)

and if your hood doesnt stink/ or is not dangerous nightly walks ( 1-2hours dependant on how much time you have) can really teach you whats actually around you (architecture,shops, parks, ...)

we all gona make it user

i'm eating quite a lot of Skyr which is dairy, so should i quit it completely? i can try for a week or so and see where it goes. Even when i did half marathon i didnt have these issues and now how i "upped" the game, its a constant struggle

Do you guys run on treadmills or outside? What do you prefer?

One can dream

It could be friction related. Are you using body glide?

>caring for a mudshark

Definitely cut back, the sweeteners and shit in it won't do you any favours either. Try and limit the skyr to a weekend treat

>Remember to not punch your body too hard
So that's what I've been missing. Thanks for the advice, user.

I fuckin hate treadmills

I love running far away from home (like 7km) and then having no way home but to run back

Also get to see shit if you're running

Fucking smirkfu. She needs to practice making other faces.

no expand your thought. I usualy come home from bike ride (10km) drop bike and jump to runing shoes/shorts and go for a 5-12 km run depends on my mood

I drank 2 small pots (5 cups each) of coffee, had a clif bar and a jelly donut in the car on the way to the park, and knocked out 8 miles in 70 minutes in 90 degree heat.

(I really thought I was gonna puke tho)

4 hour marathon goal buds. I can knock out a half in 1:55, so a full in under 4 is reasonable right? r....right?

The only thing I found that work are underarmour compression shirts. Buy the heat gear and buy a size smaller than you think you need and shove yourself into it. Tanks, short sleeves are both good, I stay away from regular sleeveless cause they fuck up the inside of my biceps from rubbing.

how do one run and not compromise their knees?

1) not being obese
2) good form
3) good shoes for given terrain

i did at 2:01 so very similiar to you and im not confident for under 4 full yet :< but i'm runing it in 10 months, so should be enough time to get there, im improving alot every month

Run on the balls of your feet

Any armyfags here? Hills at ft leonard wood are kicking my ass. Not sure how to train my running (distance, sprint durations, how many times per week, etc) while balancing it with lifting. My fat ass runs a 15-15:30 2 miler normally. I'm doing officer schooling so we dont have PRT every day.

If your a runner it's not

I only run outside. I used to run on treadmills when I went to the gym, but I never managed more than maybe

definitely not true

This. That's the best way for me to keep the motivation. I run as long as I can when in still pumped, and then I have no choice but to run the same distance back

What pants are you using when biking? Do you have an uncomfortable saddle? Those things could probably give you some kind of rash

This is definitely not true. Me and my friends definitely pass that every week

I prefer outside, but I can go way faster for longer on a treadmill, which is pretty satisfying. get to see pic related outside though

Fellow heavy runner here.
Find a nice hill or incline, steep and long enough that you can crest it without having to walk. I use a nearby ski slope for example.

Warm up (1-2k), run up it, jog down slowly with controlled steps. Throw in some lunges, frog leaps, squats and what have you between cresting it. Focus on correct form. It should be hard enough that you can't run all the way up after 2-3 times. Ass and thighs should be on fire. Entire thing should take 30-60 minutes.

I do this once a week and it helped me a lot in making me "lighter" in my running. Otherwise i just kinda run different distances (7-15k) with some low intensity thrown in to heal up.

Will try it out, thanks. Yeah we ran like 2 miles and I was fine, then at the bottom of this moderately inclined hill we had to do 100 pushups, 100 situps, and 100 air squats and then running back up the hills (~400 moderate incline) was just killing me by the second hill.

That looks amazing! Running with a view gives you so much more energy

Finally got some time to contribute. I do participate in city marathons and halfs.
My usual routine includes 6 training pet week:

Monday: Tresholds, around 10km with pace 3:30-3:50/km.
Tuesday: long progressive run, 14-16km.
Wednesday: Easy run, around 10km.
Thursday: long progressive run, 16-18km. Starkingu with easy run pace, ending with 3:30min/km.
Friday: free time - Beer with frienda Saturday: long run, 22-32km.
Sunday: easy run.

As addition I try to do foam rolling, streching and core stability at least once a week(each) but i hate this crap though it is essential to avoid injuries.

My 42km personal best is 03:05 and 1:23 for the 21km.

Currently running with tom tom cardio music and this is a piece of crap. I need to change it for garmin.

youtube.com/watch?v=jhqZcGcwYV8

I LUUUUH U MIKE

See you son BOI

>Live in a built up (poor) part of the city. >No gym membership for treadmill and cannot drive to the woods etc.
>Highly autismo

Should I just give up before I begin? Having to run in a crowded city with so many people watching, plus stopping at traffic lights all the time will be a nightmare