Barbell bench

give me one good reason to do barbell bench when dumbbell bench will give greater range of motion, chest development and a lower risk of injury

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ybCPal7LDxI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why not both?

Harder to do strenght gains in db press

/thread

Barbell bench is a contested lift in the sport of powerlifting. Dumbbell is not.

Thank you Willow

literally like two people on Veeky Forums are competing in PL

>everybody is a powerlifter

No one gives a shit how much you lift, and if you give a shit how much someone else lifts you're an insecure faggot that uses "muh strength" to bolster your ego because you've got nothing of actual value in your life.

Thank you Willow

Thank you Willow

microloading
literally the only reason

>home gym masterrace
>steel plates
>dumbbells are just bars and clips
Can you imagine how that works? A dumbbell with 45lb plates on either side? I only use them for shoulders.
>your gym sucks
I have all I need. I have a rack with built-in cable system, and a bench. Even the rack would be fine. I've got a barbell, ezbar and different bars for cable rows, pulldowns etc.
I do prefer dumbbell presses though. Just that it's not worth it to invest in a full set of dumbbells for one or two exercises I'd actually do.

ty wilto

you can do this with platemates.

thank you Willow

get two inch Olympic dumbbell handles -- they'll take any plate a barbell would

Benching Dumbbells isn't a sport.

Dumbbells are better in every way.

Thx wilo

Thank you Willow

Bench is cooler and you can use more weight

db benchers are always skinny fags using 50lbs

Flat bench is also a meme and Incline is all you need

Practical strentgh though.

Thank you willow

Barbell bench is more conducive to lifting the highest 1rm. Since almost no one can db bench as much as bb bench, those looking to lift the biggest number are better off with bb bench. That's it. DB bench is better for nearly everything else.
>deeper stretch
>control over hand angle
>works more stabilizer muscles
>no need for a spotter
Unless you're a world class lifter you probably be better off using dbs.

get some adjustable dumbbells that you can put your plates on, it is a good investion
youtube.com/watch?v=ybCPal7LDxI

>hurr durr muh stabilizers

Really??? I kove seeing how much someone can lift. Also strength gains makes you a stronger person. So yes strength is something to be proud of.

I personally mix strength training like powerlifting style with bodybuilding. Ive made great strength and size gains.

Guys that come in the gym and only rep high reps with small weights for size are weak. Theyre size cant make up for their lack of strength.

Compounds 5x5 and isolations 8-21 typically around 8-12 but will on occation rep till i cant move from being so swollen.

Im 6'2" 240lb shredded, strong, and size

Hard to get heavy dumbbells up, with the bench you start up so you get the stretch reflex.

Thank you Willow

>goin to the beach today
>always tons of qts

Thank you Willow

Yeah but you dont have all that fine ass walking around your home gym

I used to home gym but ive found over time the actual gym to be better.

I hate waiting for shitheads who are doing deadlifts in the squat rack.

Thank you Willow

Thank you Willow

Thank you willow

Thank you Willow

Thanks willo

Thank you Willow

Thank you Willow

>tfw the Dalai Lama actually said this verbatim

Actually why not both? I do PPL right now and on push days I do bench and incline bench. If I add DB press too will that help anything?

>strength training is only for ego
>bodybuilding is self improvement

Thank you willow

Goddammit, why'd you have to remind me of Angie Varona's existence, now I have to fap.

Thank you Willow

Thank you Willow

>He doesn't do both

Thank you Willow

Thank you Willow

Thank you Willow

Out of curiosity, do you (or anyone else) know how transferable dbbb's are to bbbp's.

I might be starting starting strength over again in the next month and I'd rather not start over with a barbell but I still wanna know that I'm reaching my barbell goal

DB feels so flimsy though I don't know why you say they are safer. I feel like my shoulder is going to snap everytime I go heavy.

Thank you willow

Thank you Willow

>implying strength even matters in 2017

Sounds me like you're trying to compensate for something.

As long as you're stronger than the average male you're fine.

Things like grip strength, conditioning and endurance are potentially more important than your numbers on the big three

I feel like they're better for more chest focused variation like inclined bp or flies. Thats probably it I guess

BBs for heavy work and lower reps, DBs if I want to do a lot of volume and get a disgusting pump

if you aren't getting results from either the issue is not exercise selection, can't count how many times i've heard someone complain they don't feel barbell bench in their chest only to see them bench with their back flat, body totally limp, and shoulders shrugged forward

Thank you Willow

Thank you Willow

Thank you Willow

Thank you Willow

Thank you Willow

Thank you willow

if you're able to do a dumbbell bench press then you're a weak chestlet baby

Dumbbell doesn't feel as good
But do both
Thank you Willow

Thank you Willow

Thank you Willow

Thank you willow

Thank you willow

thank you Willow

>people who claim to be bigger than arnie in his prime yet don't post any pictures
lol seems legit

thank you willow

Thank you Willow

thank you willow

Thank you Willow

Yes it will hit your chest harder and help burn out your triceps. I do heavy barbell and lighter dumbbell. Great bench accessory

Thank you willow

Thank you Willow

Thank you Willow

Thank you Willow

Thank you Willow

Thank you Willow

I've recently switched to DB, because BB doesn't do shit for me. I just can't get a good feel in the chest. Not the stretch, pump, squeeze, not even soreness the day after.
Trying just DB for a few months and we'll see

Thank
you
Willow
:)

Thank you Willow

Thank you, willow.

>Im 6'2" 240lb shredded
So you're 20lbs bigger than this guy while being "shredded"? We're gonna need a pic

value would be?

the best part is it physcially hurts him to read this because he knows hes a dyel pussy but he really wishes he was at that level.