So much information out there

>so much information out there

>no idea who to trust

what do Veeky Forums?

i read the sticky and started SS two months ago but all i see are people are saying SS is a meme

can anyone post SS progress shots?

Other urls found in this thread:

stronglifts.com/5x5/
4archive.org/board/fit/thread/30146641
i.imgur.com/IW5eAVs.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Read starting strength, the sticky is not starting strength.

i have read SS

why do people say it's a meme?

does it work the upper body enough?

is "strength base before aesthetics" a meme?

Lies.

Don't do starting strength. Its a MEME.

Do a brosplit.

SS is a million times better than starting with some brosplit

begin with SS and move onto more advanced routines from there

how long for a skelly? 6 months eating ~3k calories a day? 1g protein / lb. body weight?

Until progress slows, you have to notice it yourself
As long as you can keep adding weight at least every other week to all of your lifts WHILE MANTAINING GOOD FORM it's still working

Somew say a good benchmark is when you can bench your own bodyweight for reps, but I think it's a little arbitrary

thanks brodie

i want to get "crackhead strong" looking. skinny but cut. the kind of thing Veeky Forums would hate. would a bodyweight routine be better for that?

Go to the reddit fitness board and check there wiki, has at least 10 good routines to pick from.

This is literally all that matters
1. Damage all your body part's muscles 2-3x per week
2. Eat properly, don't do drugs or alcohol, get enough sleep
That's it. If you're too retarded to lookup different lifts per muscle group and lift to muscular fatigue on a regular basis you shouldn't be lifting. My opinion of strength routines being popular is everyone is addicted to adrenaline and telling people they lift a bigger number. They're not inherently better for much of anything.

you would do better putting a bullet in your head

You'll notice that some of these (to to mid left) look good to decent, but here's the thing, OP - the average person will gain 2 lbs of muscle natty in the first month and that'll drop to 1 lb/month by the end of the year. This amounts to about 20 lbs of lean tissue gain in the first year, 10 in the second, 5 in the third, 2.5 in the fourth, and so on. Weigh yourself. Now go take a shit and weigh yourself again. Congrats, you just dropped the same amount of weight a natty gains lean in a month.

Bodybuilder logs show a gain of 1" in arm size per 10 lbs of lean muscle gained. Extrapolate this out to find out how long it'll take your arms to look big. I'm not trying to discourage you, I'm trying to make it evident that ANY program is going to have results way less pronounced than you think. Those SS results in pic related look a lot less unimpressive once you have proper context.

As per myths:

>SS makes you fat
Overeating makes you fat
>SS grows you less than a split
You train your full body x3/week whereas a split only does each body part once; no
>SS gives you small arms
Your legs have bigger insertions. Compare the length and width of your legs to your arms - when you are working your legs optimally, they will grow faster than your upper body because they have more space to grow. The result is that your lower body is bigger than on a split training them x1/week which makes your arms look proportionally smaller even though they're the same size. It's an illusion in the same way a small waist and V-Tape makes your shoulders look wider. Frank Zane didn't train traps - small traps made his shoulders look wider.

Aesthetics are just posing and optical illusions of proportions to make yourself look as big as possible. My advice? You'll look like shit regardless until you have a good base, and if you do switch to a split afterwards, benching 2pl8x12 is going to be more effective than benching 1pl8x10. Lastly:

4archive.org/board/fit/thread/30146641

Scooby is reliable.
YT: scooby1961
his website: scooby's workshop

stronglifts.com/5x5/
5x5 did nothing wrong

ha

well

Scooby pls come back we miss you

I know it's reddit and all, but does anyone have any experience with nsuns 5/3/1 5 day version? I'm looking for a routine now and this one seems good. People have reported great strength gains from it.
I'm at 95kg bench and 160kg deadlift 1RM and I'm having trouble progressing past that.

thank you for the info; do you have comparison pics of a different program with a similar timeframe? that would seal the deal for me.

tl;dr - SS a shit according to those pix

Brosplit it is

Look at the very last line.

>4archive.org/board/fit/thread/30146641

Twin brothers; one did SS, the other a BroSplit.

>i.imgur.com/IW5eAVs.jpg
SS Guy (right) bigger legs, same size arms. SS dudes torso is a bit blockier only because of the angle and having slightly more fat (1-2 lbs).

It's the exact same angle, you tard. Quit downplaying how much fat the SS guy has

He still looks good enough to make every normie female wet and don't deny it.

Not when compared to the brosplit guy

hmmm is it bad I like brosplit's body better? other than the legs ofc.

Why not brosplit but make sure you can skwat 3x/week?

A split doesn't only work each muscle once a week. Abcabcx.

>he thinks they're are 8 day's in a week

Can you count? Also your body doesn't care how many days are in a week.

Don't stay on SS too long (~6 months or less)
Do the deloads to eke gains.
Don't expect all the lifts to progress at the same rate.
After your SS stint; pick another beginner's program that catches your eye. You'll need to decrease working weights as it will probably have more work than SS.

Consistency and hard work is about 10x more important than your routine.