Gf's parents invite me over to a bbq get together they're having with neighbors

>gf's parents invite me over to a bbq get together they're having with neighbors
>gf is super excited since this is the first time they'll be meeting me
>get there after things have already started
>her parents and brother are super friendly, dad tells me to pour myself a beer and join them outside
>go inside and there is a stack of plastic cups next to the fridge
>pour myself a yuengling and head back out
>everyone's talking for a little before her dad asks me why there isn't ice in my beer
>laugh and say "what?"
>his expression gets super serious and he asks if I had trouble finding the ice
>i tell him i didn't want to put ice in my beer
>gf's mom suddenly approaches and asks me if i would like a plate
>looks at my cup and goes "oh user, did you need some ice for that?"
>before i can respond her dad cuts in and goes "oh no, user here doesn't take ice apparently" all while staring me down
>her mom asks if I need crushed ice instead
>gf's brother starts laughing at that and walks away from the group
>dad simply shakes his head looking disappointed at my gf

gf was really quiet the whole time, we stayed for maybe half an hour longer before i realized that everybody at the party was just staring and whispering to each other about me. gf didn't say anything to me the entire ride home and when i asked her what was wrong she told me she didn't want to talk to me and went to bed. what did i do wrong?

>what did i do wrong?
you didnt put ice in your beer

Where are your gf family from? That's fucking weird.absurdity.

Ice, these niggas got you feeling down over ice!

You should have just agreed and got that shit, your trying to impress the senpai.make them think they could have a lot in common with you.You went and defied the head of the house now you gotta work extra hard to impress him.

You should write short stories

The fuck did I just read.

He wanted you to water down the beer so you would feel more full from it to limit your caloric intake. You probably drank more than one beer and ruined your gains you dyel faggot.

It sounds like step dad verbally dominated you in front of everyone and you didn't stand up for yourself. In hindsight something like "Ice is for pussies." while staring HIM down would have at least shown that you have self respect. Or that you're an unstable psycho, it's a fine line with wymyns around and her dad was being a cunt playing those sort of games in front of her but what can ya do?

why is this so fucking funny to me

>what did I do wrong?
you didn't kill them at the spot when they watered their beer

Absolutely wild

no why is THIS so funny to me

Some fag shit written by an insecure FA

They were fucking with you and you went full autism and didn't banter back

Agreed the dad was being a cunt trying to establish he's in charge so soon.

But in retrospect it probably didn't help our bros case that he was considered rude to the host.

fuck that nigga, if he wants ice so bad he can go get himself ice, who tf puts ice in their beer anyway?

8/10
On the thin line between plausible and retarded.

Pussy with no spine
This entire post is a shill for yueniglng?
Either way it is good beer.

Fucking farang

See, I've always had a secret distaste for the one-way road that is overt displays of respect, especially in regard to undeserving old fuckers. I've got more of a "you get what you give" attitude in that regard.

There is no way this happened

Even the stupidest piece of shit red neck backwoods inbred country family on the hottest day of the year wouldn't put ice in a beer.

>ITT I fall for bait
sage

Sounds like something that would happen to me. That is a really strange reaction. People do like you more when you ask for things. Not like a friend that asks for money or rides all the time, but little things like the ice in your situation. I would have done the same thing though. I don't even go around my girl's dad anymore. He has been handicapped since a motorcycle at eighteen and could have fully recovered, but never did anything the doctors told him to do and has never had a proper ass beating because of it.

>American pisswater
>guy gets mad if you don't water it down even more
can't make this shit up lmao

problem was you got beer. didn't you get the memo? beer causes gyno. nobody drinks it anymore

/thread

lol are you serious man? who doesn't put ice in their beer jesus.

>everyone giving advice instead of laughing about op's humorous concept
good post op 10/10, its a shame the newbies here all think its real

No one puts ice in beer.. the dad was making a sarcastic dad joke because he doesn't like the idea of you fucking his daughter
You could have said "haha yeah I'll take some ice, maybe a little umbrella and a straw too" and you would have instantly had the beer ice inside joke with him for years to come

What a classic #Yuengling™ bonding moment

why didn't you put ice in the beer

>People do like you more when you ask for things.

This is true for some reason. If you ask people to do you small favours they will like you more but if you do favours for other people unasked they will start to dislike you. I dunno why.

We all know it's fake you faggot the joke is we are over analyzing an obvious lie. We're playing along cause what better do we have to do?

Why can I never think of something like that

There was obviously an inside joke that you missed while you were gone.

It's a sign of trust and acceptance that you can rely on them?

Sometimes you gotta know when to fight the current and when to just let it take you my man.You really think it's smart to not be respectful to the HOST OF THE PARTY you were invited to for the first time!

Tell me you do that shit.

Reported.

Shit is weird af, but op didn't play the whole thing well enough so he came off as being an asshole instead of showing he wasn't going to get pushed around.it would be been better if he had just got the ice, which really is weird.

Hahhahahah

who the fuck doesn't drink straight from the bottle? what is this a 90's college movie? Even still, who THE FUCK has ever put ice in their beer?
OP is making this up.

The more you play the straight man for him the more he will continue to make you the butt of all the so called in jokes. Anything less that responding in kine will be considered a sign of submission, fuck respect.

>OP is an actual autist

I agree except you're missing the point. OP wasn't being disrespectful. The dad say hey want ice and he said no thanks. How is that disrespectful? OP could not have known ice was the lynch pin in this dudes mind. Ice is just ice to most people and not a big deal.

You've never met a girlfriend's dad have you and be honest

Would he have been able to save face if he casually agreed to get the ice when the mother asked about it.or would he have just been submitting to this weird ice shit the dad was on about and looking like an idiot.

Yeah, it's one of those weird little physiological things about us. People have written about. "How to win friends and influence people" and "you are now less dumb." OP will slowly gain respect from the parents. I have faith. Girls are real weird about bringing dudes to family stuff, which means he has plenty of chances to ask for ice. Lullzzz.

Not recently, I tend to go for the "daddy issues" type and he's not in the picture with most women in that category. I do talk shit about my sister's bf in the wake of most visits because he will not stand up for himself in personal or private matters, whether joking or serious. I really would rather see him be "disrespectful" in front of me just once rather than know he is content to eat shit from every older male he encounters for the rest of his life.

You failed her Dad's autism test. He yanked your chain and you didn't yank back. Her bro was in on it.
Before you sigh in relief because it was a joke, think again. The joke has a serious purpose. It's a character test, and you failed. A real man would have said something like "I thought only poofs put ice in their beer? You have lime in yours too?" Her Dad would have looked stern for a second before emitting a huge belly laugh and slapping you on the back so hard you keeled over. He would have turned to your gf and told her "well done, honey. I was worried for a minute he'd be a dickhead".
But you *were* a dickhead. You sperged out. You showed you're insecure and have no aptitude for banter. How can you stand up for his little girl if you can't stand up for yourself? That's the question he was asking...

He might tolerate you, user, but you're going to need to man the fuck up if you ever want his respect or for him to actually like you. He needs to know that he can trust you to do the job he does now.

t. Eldest of 6, 5 boys, 1 girl. My sister is the youngest. Also have a daughter and will use same test on any poor cunt she takes home in a few years.

Thing is, my sister knows the game and gives us shit for it. Your gf gave you no warning and left you to drown. She might have the same doubts about you as her Dad...

There is no way this happened but it was great to read for some reason. I like when this shit is on fit whether it's real or not instead of just autistic stories everywhere.

If I did happen, I'd probably believe the dad was joking or you were just anxious about the situation and remember it as being worse than it was.

Again that's just the wife being nice. Still no indication that this family worships ice.
You're fucked in the head dude. You're just as stupid for a shit load of reasons. Saying no thanks isn't the same as getting shit talked about you. The dude just didn't want ice. The dad didn't say hey everyone this faggot doesn't like ice. You're assuming way way to much.

Putting ice in your beer is a caribbean thing. your girlfriend Trinidadian?

Niggers don't drink beer
Or have dads

You get it.
I'm sitting here blown away that a few of us have basically said the same thing and the autists are still saying "but he just didn't want ice!?" completely missing the entire point

this

I've literally never seen this happen and I've drank beer with some weird fucking people.

That's not the point. An autism test is supposed to test for autism. Not wanting ice isn't a sign of autism. That's like saying if you get a cheeseburger and I offer you ketchup and you say not I can now say you failed my test. It doesn't make fucking sense dude please use your brain.

I've has girls put ice in their IPAs because they think that making it colder makes it easier to drink, because you know, instead of drinking something you enjoy you just make it potable.

Just fuck his daughter extra hard and talk to her about what happened.

She would probably know, but don't make yourself seem too reliant on his opinion of you.

I'm realizing this is true for almost everyone replying here. I've gone through this ritual a few times now. Following is 100% true account of my first ritual.

>meet gf at uni, date for year
>she's one of three farmer's daughters, no brothers
>first time meeting her parents. Staying at their farm. They have sheep and cattle.
>separate bedrooms, OK, that's actually comforting. They taught her morals.
>4:30am, her Dad barges bedroom door open, turns light on, "what the hell's going on here? Where is she?"
>hnn..uhh...what? What do you mean? She's not here.
>good, good. Just checking. Right. Sun's coming up. Work to do. You'll get coveralls at the back door.
>r-right. Be right there.
>later that morning
>right son. This is lambing season. If you marry my daughter, I'll expect you here, same time, same place. That's the deal when you marry a farmers daughter. And you'll need to learn how to lamb.
>you mean stick my hand in a sheep's cunt?
>where else do you think they come from?
>fuck dude. If I do that, I'm going to need something in return...
>what's that?
>no separate bedrooms and an alarm clock
>looks mad for a sec
>you can have the alarm clock and I won't know who sleeps where
>later on
>OK, I'll show you how to lamb
>demonstrates on sheep that already has embiotic sack hanging out of its vag
>you're turn. You do that one over there.
>no sack hanging out here but OK
>fuck me, this is gross but act like its normal af. This is how people eat and this is what men do
>how's it going?
>I can't feel anything
>keep going, just be gentle
>I still can't find anything
>of course not. That ones been done.
>you're shitting me?
>he laughs hysterically for 5 minutes straight
>ahh, you dick. I've been molesting a fucking sheep. That's dark af.
>you'll have nightmares about molesting sheep tonight
>I'll be molesting something...
>looks pissed...now hey. I don't need to hear that. That's dark af. (Smiles) But I suppose I asked for it.

Pretty sure people don't put ice in beer

At least you didn't put any in OP because you really would look like an idiot then

You may be right. I'm assuming you've never had a gf, let alone met her dad.

Yuengling isn't an IPA you pleb.
That is a fine story and has an actual lesson. Literally not the same as an autism test involving ice at all.

>pour myself a yuengling and head back out
This is where you fucked up, only grils pour beer in a cup. You might as well put some ice on it. Maybe you didnt find it?
Real men drink directly from can/glass

>one of three farmer's daughters

Sounds like she has a promiscuous mother

You're supposed to put ice in your beer.

this is the first time I've legit laughed at these in a long time

This is stupid af.
Not sure which dude you were but there's a massive difference between this story and OPs. A test that actually serves a purpose vs some
Made up ice autism nonsense.

what race are you and what race is your gf OP

fucking kek

/thread

You're missing the point. This thread is a troll thread you fucking cuck.

I didn't even know people put ice in beer. Really do Americans really do this?

Who the fuck puts ice in the beer, it's mostly water already, why dissolving it even more? You put beer ON the ice.

I just realized, this thread is the autism test...
Like 4 of us passed. The rest will never make it...

brutal

I k know that faggot obviously it is. I just like arguing with autists.

Literally never had ice in a beer, didn't even know it's a thing

One girl invited me round to meet her parents, her mum came out and was really happy and her dad closed the door to the living room door before I came in and refused to see me, that was pretty brutal

This wasn't wrong though. It was a familial shit test, they wanted you to do something obviously absurd and OP handled himself appropriately.

dads and mother actually make tests with their sons and daughters partners.

my mother went to visit my father mother for a lunch, and the old lady made her killed the chicken that was gonna be lunch that day.

my mother told me she just look at her, point at the living chicken, and said "its up to you".

my mother have grown in a rural area too went along just fine

OP's preference of ice in his drink wasn't the autism test, the autism test was whether or not he could banter with her Dad in a friendly yet alpha way. Something as simple as "Nah I don't want any ice, this beer isn't that strong I don't need to water it down" would have built so much rapport with everyone present. But no, I imagine OP just sat there with his head down laughing nervously saying "n-n-no thanks I don't want any".

Absolutely this.

You're assuming the parents just actually aren't autistic. Maybe they truly
Love ice.

Again, you're assuming that. Maybe the dad is actually autistic if and fucking loves ice. Maybe he's easily offended? Plus bantering right away is seen as cocky. When I was in the navy whenever a new guy showed up if he would act like that right away we knew he was a douche. You gotta take shit for a while to show you're a good sport then they open the doors for you.

Britbong here I have never seen anyone put ice in a beer
Could be an American perversion

There is a thick, heavy line between friendly banter with someone you just met and being a cocky dick. The former is absolutely okay before actually getting to know someone.

I suppose the Dad could be an autist as well, and even if the encounter wasn't planned as an autist test, OP blew a huge opportunity to not be seen as a spineless boy.

I am horrible at expecting situations like this and going with it. True, it would have been nothing to respond, "oh yea! Some ice would be great, thanks!" Let em have a little fun, then just drink it so fast the ice can't melt.

>not be seen as a spineless boy
I dunno, OP seemed chill and normal. Nobody has a preference for ice in beer... it's no different than if someone asked you to garnish your sweet tea with ketchup... no thanks was all he said...

How is it spineless so say no. If anything it's the opposite.
We'll we also don't know the temp of the beer. I'd rather drink watery cold beer than hot beer so we're flying blind here.
Agreed

This is honestly the funniest thing I've ever read on Veeky Forums. I've never laughed at anything harder because it just is so perfectly on the line between a troll and the autism you all go through in your daily lives

Again, the point isn't whether or not OP wanted ice in his beer. It was his handling of a verbal situation with his gf's father, his first time meeting him nonetheless. Refer to

AGAIN, the concern isn't whether or not OP wanted ice in his beer, it was a verbal autism test to see if he was "one of the guys", which he failed. If OP handled things perfectly, he still ends with an iceless beer, but his gf's dad has more respect for him.

>We'll we also don't know the temp of the beer. I'd rather drink watery cold beer than hot beer so we're flying blind here.

Meh, I could have worked with that... talking about how preference for warm beer in europe... our ancestral homelands... is widespread and I've developed a taste for it.

hate to break it to you friend but america makes some of the best beers in the world now :)

>best pisswater in the world
That's cool, chuck.

If he had said that he would look like an even bigger asshole the fuck are you thinking

Autist detected. Maybe he should have offered to do the dad's laundry? Rub his feet? Being unconditionally nice to him would have won him over instantly right? Dad was looking to see if OP could handle himself in intimidating social situations, OP failed.

This dumbass story isnt even real nobody pours beer from the bottle into cups and I doubt they had a keg at a family gathering

That is stupid though. If he doesn't like ice it's better he stands his ground than gives in. And if whether you like ice or not is the test than the dad is a moron and needs to invent a better test.
Man that's nuts. The colder the beer the better.

Oh man.

1. No one says he should give in and accept ice. That would be almost just as beta as what OP actually did.
2. The "test" was whether OP could hold his own in social situations, which he clearly could not. I honestly don't think anyone in the "But he doesn't like ice??" crowd has ever had to meet the parents of a significant other before. This stuff is standard procedure. And, maybe, I agree with you, the tests are kind of dumb. But they're inevitable and you should be able to handle your own in those situations, unlike OP.

You're half right. I know the tests exist. But they have to actually serve a purpose. Like this actually makes sense.
You keep saying OP failed my question is what did he do wrong?
At the end the dad said he doesn't like ice that's a correct statement. My contention is first off if that's actually a test it's an extremely poor one and the dad must be retarded so fuck him anyway. Why would you want the approval of an idiot? Dad or no dad I'm not playing ice games with some autist.
If he actually wanted to eat OP there are better ways than asking him his opinions ions and love affairs with ice.

This fake right?