Do you count calories Veeky Forums?

Why? / Why not?
If you don't, how is your diet and gym progress?

No

I just adjust my diet by using a scale. Not gaining weight? Eat more. Not losing weight? Eat less.

No need to go full autismo OCD on counts.

Dont listen to him op. But dont go overboard about counting calories

no

because i prefer having a healthy relationship with food

lost 3kg in four weeks so far

I generally keep track because I'm bulking, but not the exact number

>perfect tits
>waist to hip ratio, thigh gap
>blonde(?) hair

mmmmmm.

Oh, also no I don't count calories either. I do kinda "guesstimate" where I'm at, especially when I'm trying to cut, but I only do clean bulks and try to eat at minor surpluses or only minor deficits. In my opinion and experience if you just weigh yourself each morning it's easy to just kinda figure out "ok I need to eat a little more" or a little less. When you toe the line it's easy to just add a small snack, or take away some other small thing.

Clean that dirty room, you dirty slut.
>shoot dice set on old pizza box
Would not pay for sex, thank you.

Yes, amazing. I'm still putting on a half pound of muscle on every week, even though I'm already a year into BBing.

Not gonna make it. Everyone is generally shit at eyeballing calories and self-reporting, you're not different.

Do you even lift for aesthetics?
>weighing yourself every morning

>implying is actually the girl that was posted

>implying I'm not maintaining my joocy physique by not bloating the fuck up with intense bulking periods

Protein intake is way more important than caloric intake, for the most part. Obviously there are extreme examples that could negate that, but for the average bear...

>implying I was talking to you and not shitty titty
>maintaining
>lean gains

Hey, man you do you, but this is not the most optimum course of action for people who are still a part of humanity.

Calorie counting makes cutting easier

No. I've tried that approach several times and haven't been successful. Instead I focus on eating better foods, lots of fruit and veg, and keeping as active as my schedule allows. Progress was great until my Vegas vacation and I'm mostly back on track.

I quit counting calories today.
I cut down to 74kg eating at around 1600kcal a day for a month
After bumping up to 2350kcal a day to maintain I started getting kinda fat and found myself eating to fill my macros when I wasn't even hungry.

Counting calories caused me not to associate eating with hunger but as fuel and has now left me autisticly worrying about calories.

Hopefully time will fix me and I'll be back on the normie regime

Still lifting and eating lots of protein though

Just want to point out that you don't have to use nasty Walden Farms shit. No, it doesn't taste just like normal and also it's expensive. Every major brand of syrup has a sugar free option now and so do most store brands of syrup.

From what I've seen calories are between 20-40 for a quarter cup. Walmart brand for example, $2 for 24oz, 35 kcals per serving.

I just saved that image from on here somewhere

These pancakes taste unbelievable though

Anything I can add to up the volume?

5'7 about 136lbs
I counted calories for roughly 3.5 months when I was trying to cut. Ate 1600 a day I think and didn't lose any weight at all really. Stopped counting and started eating more and lost more than I did cutting, but only a couple pounds. Now I'm at home with parents for the summer, and it is almost impossible to count calories for all the homemade meals and eating out whereas it was very easy in college dining hall.

Yes, as best as I can. I have to guess a lot though, so it's mostly ballparking. I don't adhere to a strict goal though, and don't mind doing something like eating half a rack of st louis ribs with yellow rice as long as I'm probably still averaging a cut for the week. Trying my best to stay away from sugary drinks, but still have some beer when out with friends. Flavored seltzer water does worlds for sating my carbonation craving.

Currently ~6 weeks into my cut and averaging 2lbs loss a week. (Went from 176 to 164.) No gym right now, though I'll probably try to start up again with a friend in 2 weeks.

No

Its about the gains, I have to eat more than being full otherwise I lose weight, so gotta pack those macros, so the calories doesnt matter

LOL calories still matter when bulking. Dirty bulk results in shitty body compostion

How the fuck is no one in fit counting calories?

You can't outwork a bad diet, counting calories is essential to getting the correct amount of macronutrients and ensuring the best results.

counting calories and being aware of what you eat are two completely different things

No, I work out because it's fun and to become stronger, not for aestethics

>t. DYEL
There is no way you can eyeball how many calories a meal has, and I guranteed you have either made no progress, lost all your gains because you refused to count calories, or gained a shit ton of fat along with your bulk because you refused to count calories.

And on top of that you have no excuse not to considering the amount of technology we have. Download myfitnesspal, scan the bar code of whatever your about to eat, and then throw it on a food scale to see how large the portion is. It takes literally 5 extra minutes max to do this.

you sound so stressed out, calm down

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggg

GIB SAUCE PLS

I do but I eat poorly. I keep track to shame myself basically. I've been tracking for about three years now. For the first year I did really well and lost about 15lbs. Since then I've gained it all back plus about ten.

sorry user, I came down with a bad set of feels today