/fat/ "weekend chill" edition

Previous thread
>Who is /fat/ for?
for /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2013/5/2/4292712/fitscales-wii-fit-balance-board-connected-scale
supertracker.usda.gov/foodtracker.aspx)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How do I weigh myself for the most accurate results? Should I just not eat anything the day before?

After you take your morning piss, but before you drink any water.

i am starting over
i was able to eat 600 a day for two weeks and lost 8 pounds
last week, i ate 1200-maintenence. im ashamed but i got halo top so i can "binge" on that and stay busy i guess

Either take your weight at the same time daily and average it or pick one time weekly and call it your official weight.

I use Saturday morning to determine "real" weight. By the end of the day it's usually about 10lbs higher

How the fuck do you people only eat 600 calories a day? Sounds like hell and unhealthy.

willpower, one meal + one snack a day
my snack is halo top usually lol
you need caffeine

Please dont tell me you have a pint of halo top every day. I can't imagine you having enough energy to get a good workout done as well. How much do you weigh?

>One burger has almost 800 kcal
How the fuck?

no, i have half a pint
i weigh 180 pounds

I can't eat more than 700 cals nowadays, I force myself for the last spoonfuls... My stomach just shrunk I guess. I feel physically sick after consuming more than 550. I eat it in one sitting (OMAD) though for the fasting benefits.
Been losing consistently.

Either do it once a week or measure you body instead, you can gain/lose 3 kilos if you wanted in 2 hours

Anyway to hook a wii fit board up to pc to use as a scales

>gained back about 2-3 kgs over the course of three weeks due to fucking depression and alcoholism
I will continue on my quest to my ideal body starting monday but Jesus Christ does it feel shitty losing a couple of weeks of progress.

I guess the 600 cals makes a little more sense if you're 180 trying to lose weight fast, but theres better ways user. Bring that up to atleast 1k and split your meals for before and after a workout, start lifting and cardio if you haven't already. If your workout is good enough you can be burning more calories than you put in by the end of the day (not meaning your workout will burn 1000 cals but it will burn alot and on top of the calories you burn naturally you will have more cals going out) and be losing weight while setting the foundation for muscle. Even if you're a grill this applies as well.

>use face-side phone camera
>look at self
>lie down on side
>see how disgustingly far the spare skin and flab residue on my face falls
>cry
d-don't look at your head on it's side, anons

Anyone have the link to the discord? I've seen it on some older threads, is it dead?

yeah im a girl but i dont work out
i was planning on getting to 150 and then starting to lift (starting strength) until im 125 and then doing some core/butt focused routine after

discord shilling is forbidden. we have a thread not a tripfag chat room.

who self improvement here?
>losing weight
>working and earning money
>learning to drive
>learning programming so i can get a job that gives me more money
>reading literature to sharpen my mind
>writing essays/diary entries about topics i'm interested in
>moving more
>going out of my comfort zone more

if i had more hours in the day i would also be continuing to learn german

theverge.com/2013/5/2/4292712/fitscales-wii-fit-balance-board-connected-scale
literally the first result after i googled it dude

i am

>lose weight
>got part time job
>went to doctor for meds (mental problems)
>trying to make friends
>reading psychology and philosophy
>practicing writing as hobby

i think when im thin, ill be happier/less crazy

>>learning programming so i can get a job that gives me more money
You'll never compete with pajeet, who works harder for the less amount.

and lives in a dog cage
and eats dog food

>I think when I'm thin, I'll be happier/less crazy

I did not experience this

are you female?

>Starting monday
Why ? Starts now. Throw away those bottles.
t. recovering alcoholic

Don't wait user, now is the time! Get a gym membership and get on that stationary bike for an hour every single day. I'm no expert in female weight lifting but you should definitely try to look up simple weight lifting schedules for beginners as well. If you're broke then go walking for an hour everyday instead and start saving up money you poor fuck. Raise your limit up to 1k cals per day (one small meal before the workout and 1 or 2 meals after the workout) and limit yourself to one halo top a week. Shit may be low in calories but you should NOT be eating that everyday. Vegetables are super filling and low in calories, along with a mixture of some different proteins (chicken, fish, meat) and a little bit of initiative you can mix things up in the kitchen for some good tasting and filling shit.

yeah that may be the case but even still if indians are undercutting the average salary for a programmer it's still much more than what i normally make with my shitty degree

what is wrong with halo top? it's clean
i dont have problems with walking

I don't really know but for whatever reason starting at the beginning of a week is always easier for me, no matter what I plan to do.
There's nothing really to throw away right now since they're empty anyway but whatever.
Thanks for trying to help me, at least, user.

How we doing tonight fatties?

also in for discord link

Hmm, alright user. If you say so. Used to be the kind of people going "I'll do it on a fresh week/month" and never doing it ever because hungover, until one day I threw away almost 30€ of booze (Less than 2 days worth at the time) and never picked it up again.
But if you don't have any it's good.
Good luck with that then !

Shit burgers, I never knew it was this bad...
>pic related

Disclaimer : I was trying to sign in to check out the micronutrient tracker (apparently almost all vitamins and mineras).

>6'4 female
Is that real?

kek I'm a fucking moron !!!
I'm 5'4, thanks for pointing it out!

Well... Shit, I think you are some turbo skeleton.
Yurop male here, I'm the same height as you and when I was near 80kg I really looked like I came straight out of Auschwitz. Can't imagine how fucked you must be at around 50.

Well no yuropal, I'm actually an idiot who can't convert for shit, actually 5'4. But damn I wish I was higher, even by women standards, like 5'7 would be nice.

Also, just to let you all know even when putting in the 5'4 edit, I still can't put 110 lbs as goal weight.

Well shit, don't worry as much then.
Your height is probably perfect for most males. A lot of people prefer short girls anyway.
You are in a pretty healthy weight range at your 117 lbs weight at that height anyway, so don't really bother. You are most likely doing fine.

Unless there's some other issue going on here, but I don't really know.

cronometer doesn't give you all those warnings, but the pre-prepared foods database is shit

what tool are you using?

I just want to cut a bit deeper so I can go for one long clean bulk up to maybe 145lbs ande expect 20lbs of muscle if I am lucky. Otherwise, as of now, healthy BMI, fit/healthy bf% (for girls it's not saying much at 20-24%).

thanks for the tip, user. I think i will just log everything in this tracker and then export somewhere I am not cucked into staying a fat cow.

Here's the link user
(supertracker.usda.gov/foodtracker.aspx)

why I'm using it :

>The "Nutrient Intake Report" gives an overview not just on total calories and macronutrients, but also nine minerals, twelve vitamins, and a breakdown of types of fats eaten, including omega-3 fatty acids. It is produced by the US FDA.

mfp's ten micros at best is pale in comparison.

Cheers user, agreed on mfp micros; annoying how most foods on there are missing accurate magnesium + potassium information.

what do you eat to get your magnesium/potassium/sodium? anything else i should worry myself about keeping up?

I've had actual dreams about lifting and having friends to talk to every night these past few weeks. I don't know what this means but I wake up smiling and feeling positive even though I know it's far from reality.

yeah, it's better to do your own food database based on preferences and then tweak the amounts until you reach perfect micro/macro balance, then export all the data to mfp.
That's why I am using that food tracker, I'm actually planning a really clean 100%+macro/micro hit meal plan that I can follow easily.

Just google "foods rich in magnesium/potassium/sodium" and then cross reference to find those that cross multiple other micro cases. that's how I am doing it. it's a balancing act.

>just polished off 4th egg of the day
I'm on the fast track to heart disease.

Here is my calorie deficit plan and my goals. Current TDEE is close to 3000, I plan on regularly eating 1300 cals/day. It feels good, it's what I eat on a normal day without any cheating. Is it realistic? Could I try to go lower?

I think I'm satisfied with a deficit of 1700 cals if it means I will be looking at sub 90kg (sub 200lbs) by October

>It's what I eat on a normal day
I assure you that it isn't, considering how fat you've gotten. Nobody "cheat days" their way to being overweight/obese.

Well, I mean, 1300 is what I eat NOW, that I am mindful and trying to lose weight. I used to eat 3000+ cals of junk on a daily basis all the way up to 120kg (264lbs). But I have lost 10 kilograms already, because I am eating roughly 1300 cals a day, that's what I meant.

Could I go lower than 1300? Is it better to stay the same (or even do 1500) and bet on consistency and long-term goals? (1 year aprox)

End of the first week of this PSMF. Doing a 23:1 warrior fast too so I can actually get the sensation of feeling full.

I retained a bunch of water the other day and bounced back up a few pounds, was a buzz kill but normalized this morning. Only have 6 days left of this but honesty, its been a bit miserable.

I don't understand these fasting meme diets or why people subject themselves to it. I'm not even doing a water fast, I'm still slamming 1200 kcal a day but its literally just chicken and asparagus.

What the fuck.

Honestly it's best to lose weight slowly unless you're morbidly obese, I'd not go lower than a 1k calorie deficit and that's pushing it already.

I wouldn't *worry* yourself about it, I just try to make sure I'm getting 'enough' of each in balance.

Basically if you're eating plenty of potatos, bananas, dark leafy greens, nuts, seeds (the usual 'clean eating' foods) then you'll be doing alright.

As far as sodium goes I just put a bit of salt + pepper when I season my food; if I've done cardio I might put a little bit of myprotein electrolytes in some juice afterwards.

Yeah that's actually a pretty legit idea desu. I've toyed with the idea of making my own tracker/meal planner in excel with pre-programmed macro/micro values in - I'm trying to get better with excel for work so this might actually be a fun little project.

Wow, thanks. So Maybe doing 1500+ deficit is too much after all. I became too excited after losing 10 kg and I have been letting my desire to lose weight get the best of me.

1000cal deficit sounds more reasonable, puts me at a nice 2000 daily calorie limit.

Sorry, I forgot to clarify because my brain fucking hurts and I'm in a weird fugue.

I do the recommended plan for diets to a T for a magazine, submit articles and try to debunk stupid bullshit or prove that its effective and solid and won't break someone mentally. I've done keto and its variations, liquid diets, 'one specific food' diets, etc.

PSMF and water fasting have been the absolute worse. You fat fucks who can actually do it... jesus, mad respect.

Check out the reasults of a one day meal plan I made using the food tracker from USDA (this page is the indepth nutrient report).
I think it's not bad for a first try.
I did it by researching all micro's highest foods (that I liked) then estimated the amounts needed a bit recklessly, and somehow hit it on the spot for almost everything.
If anyone wants the day meal plan I can give it out. It's a bit conceptual though, in terms of food.

why is the psmf so low in fats? if your body is in a state of ketosis what's wrong with eating a little fat when it's your time to eat? were you in a state of ketosis during the fast or was something keeping you out of it? i assume you were keeping all your electrolytes up etc

Less to burn before your body attacks your fat reserves. And I'm not sure if I'm in ketosis or not because I'm eating 250g of protein a day.

Excess protein is converted to glucose so I'm unclear on how that could impact ketosis. I should've been checking for that during this endeavor. I'll have to get some ketostix tonight.

And yes. All electrolytes are up.

And here is the meal plan for you guys.

Had an appt with the doc today

Blood test, result scheduled for sometime next week

Will see where my levels are at since I had some health concerns from May..

Thanks user, I'm going to run my plan through that tool and see what the outcomes are

good luck user, I wish you success in hitting all macros/micros!

all right man i'm not doubting you or calling you into question just wanted to check because those factors could have had an effect, although 250g of protein probably wouldn't have had too much of an effect to knock you out of ketosis. what are your fat reserves like anyway? got a lot to burn through?

i've been doing 23:1 the past week and the only times i feel hungry are at work during 'breakfast' and 'lunch'. well i say 'feel hungry', my stomach growls but i don't actually feel like 'i need to eat i need to eat'. 20 mins will pass and i'll be fine again. conversely today i have had one meal and my stomach hasn't been growling or anything, probably because i'm not working and 'mealtimes' aren't a factor. i might try a 2 day fast next week just to see how it goes, mainly eating fat + protein and very low on the carbs. multivitamin every day, need to work on my electrolytes i think. but so far i haven't had many headaches and my hunger is no longer an issue. christ there's been half a cake in our dining room because it was my parents's wedding anniversary last week and i haven't touched it.

if i'm not under 190 tomorrow i'm going to cheat. i haven't fucked up my diet, i haven't screwed around and have made everything work but sugar alcohol made me retain water and pissed me off.

i'm 191.6 right now, i have stuck to the diet and should be under it. but if for whatever reason i'm not then fuck it, all bets are off.

i'll take a picture of my meal tomorrow so y'all can know if i did it or not.

>fasted, skipped breakfast
>friend convinced me to get luch with him
>order a buffalo chicken wrap with lettuce tomato and mayonnaise
>also had sweet potato fries and a pickle

I have no idea how many calories was in it, what the fuck do I do i'm afraid to eat dinner now

why do you have to be 190 tomorrow? if it's water retention then why not wait a few days and see if you're 190 then? seems a bit weird to throw it all away because of that.

I have loose skin so I can't get an accurate read from calipers but all the tape tests I take put me between 12% and 14% bodyfat. I just have a few reserves on my chest, sides and stomach that need to go. Not that much to burn, I guess.

I chug water like a sick cunt to stave off the hunger, but this fugue makes me forget sometimes. I've also only been freelancing so I have way too much time during the day to think about it.

I dunno. I may have to call this a wash as I don't think I can do it for another 6 days.

Don't be afraid of food user, that's how eating disorders start.

because diets are hard and i'm being a weak bitch. i'm mostly just venting, i dunno.

idk it wasn't hard at all, been doing it for 2 months. lost 10kg, i was always strong due to working out but kinda chubby because i love food. everyone keeps telling me that i look like another person because i'm lean now and my muscles are showing. when i tell them that i only eat once a day the say 'oh you must be miserable' but i've never been happier with my body or eating habits. i eat healthier than before, drink more water, do more sports, feel better. i don't constantly have to think about what i'm going to eat because i'm never really hungry up until my feeding period. eating 1500 calories in one sitting is challenging now and the fattie in me enjoys the feasting and being full. i just have to shed like 3kg to be ultra lean and then i'll start bulking a bit.

it's just willpower and dedication, i'm not 'miserable' because i can't go to mac donalds or eat shitty pizza with my friends. i do hate fat people with a passion now though lol.

>i do hate fat people with a passion now though lol.
What an idiot.

yeah it's not called by some the warrior diet (it's honorful name, I think OMAD seems a bit less noble), for no reason.
To consume a proper feast at once, almost obscene amounts of rich healthy foods in one sitting, you have to put yourself in the mindset of a warrior coming back from battle, victorious (after a fast). Just picture one of those medieval post-battle feasts and you'll get a feel for how the warrior/omad lifestyle is like.

>been on a binge for the past 4 days
I can't stop. How do I stop myself from making the same mistake tomorrow? My willpower has entirely vanished and my progress is being reversed

I'll have to get into that proper mindset for it.

hey user report back, with a screenshot/the names of the nutrients you're lacking of, and I'll check my own (meagre) personal database, which is based on foods I like and organized by micros, I'll share what I have and you can pick and choose from it! Hope this helps.

i'm always like how can this only be 1500 calories? i feel sleepy afterwards and that's about the only downside. i have developer several delicious healthy meals i love. haven't craved unhealthy shit or sugar (except for alcohol) for like a month.

i want to be empathetic because i was chubby and slightly overweight but whenever i see a disgusting obese person buying shit like chocolate or chips i want to slap it out of their fat gross pig hands.

Eat apples and almonds between meals (appetite reduction), stay hydrated (thirst can be mistaken for hunger), and if you absolutely cannot hold back eat some vegetables before ripping into the kryptonite. Thanks for the Mokou.

>tfw fat and have to work with 'those' fat people
this woman at work goes on and on about weightwatchers. jesus fucking christ. talking about how she scans food barcodes when she goes shopping for the 'points' they have

anyway this friday our boss brought in load of sugary treats like cookies and cakes because we hit target. this woman goes up to grab herself something sweet not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES.

meanwhile i'll be happily fasting on monday while she tells us all about how her weightwatchers meeting went and how she told them she cheated by eating cookies and they will all give her a pat on the back and tell her she's not alone

middle aged women - not even once

>dropped 40 lbs since April
you think if i keep this up I'll be 150 by Christmas? I'm 199 now

>normies talk about fitness near you
>mfw someone mentions the taco diet

does it add up.

Nice!! Fuck yeah!

you shed weight slower when you weigh less so maybe not but it also could be entirely possible. do some toning so that you dont have gross loose skin problem areas

Yeah I get comatose right after my meal, what I do is sit down in bed for 10 minutes and let it get into place in my stomach. Then the feeling is passed, and I get a real burst of energy as the stomach's digestion is starting and all engines are on, and processing the fresh nutrients. Then I do something active, like chores for a bit (usually do the dishes I made cooking, clean the kitchen), take a shower and do my night skincare routine, then go to bed and read for a bit, browse /fat, then sleep.
I could do it in the morning if I woke up early enough to have a good buffer zone to cook such a big meal, get ready, eat, comatose, then go out. I would try it but I am already so close to goal weight I don't need to even bother changing anything, readjusting to a new schedule.
What's your feast time? Curious. Mine is 7PM on the dot.

How the fuck is that different from /fat/ threads? I'm the guy who made priest.jpg and the first 10 or so CONFESS posts, and I seriously regret it because that's what half this thread is - "I ate 3 bowls of ice cream please forgive me Weight Watc- I mean /fat/"

finally, someone addresses the...elephant...in the room. I was beginning to resent the whole absolution tangent people were taking, although I know it would make them feel more accountable to confess, but was there any repentance in the end?
What can we do about it?
I think you have to kill Pep-... I mean, the Priest, user. Perhaps defame him in his side of the confessional eating junk as he listens to confessions. Break the Authority figure, make them lose faith in being pardoned. Old testament God style.

>tfw my cheat days are healthier and lower cal than my old fatty diet
I think I might make it

Proper nutrition and calorie planning has become a hobby of sorts. The next step would be to incorporate it fully, to make it be "the norm". I'm going to need at least 2 years logging my food and watching my weight to make it become the norm.

I'm afraid of getting complacent in the future and thinking that I don't need to log food / watch my weight. I'm afraid of the complacent dad body phase

Who else here in the limbo zone of 15% to 25% bf?

>cheat days now consist of a small cup of peanuts and are few and far between
>cheat days used to be normal and four times as bad before

Wow. T-thanks Veeky Forums

about 2-4 pm depending on my uni classes. i work out late at night, i'm just too lazy/busy in the morning.

> cheat meals
> destroying progress you've made and indulging in old bad habits

i would not recommend doing that, have some self-control. you'll feel better if you do not give, trust me.

>13 pounds a month
Numbers are good but it's a lot harder when you're under 200.

>starting on monday
Enjoy being fat the rest of your life.

I am at 24%bf last I checked, but that's considered "fit" for a woman. Not sure those bf% are accurate, I did a bunch of them and all ranged from 15.5 to 24%; so I decided to go by the highest amount just to be sure. It's very unlikely that I am under 20% yet.
I am getting a caliper in the mail soon, will get more accurate results then.

Right here bruv.
All my dyel friends tell me I"m buff but shiett I want to be shredded.

internet bf% estimates are retarded don't trust them. go to a professional or something if you really want to know.

Who else doing 23 hour IF on keto here? I eat like one 1500 calorie meal a day at 250 lbs and 6'1''

Hope that's enough

15 lbs from making it. Probably less.

15 lbs from glory.

I'm not keto but I usually eat 200 cals for breakfast and a 1300 calorie dinner. Can't confirm if this is smart of not.

Honestly except the really technical bodpods, ampedancometry machines that are designed for hospitals (not the cheap commercial scales) and water displacement technique, I don't really trust a professional opinion more than mine : ie when it comes to taking tape/caliper measurements.
I might go do a bodpod/amp machine test at a nutritionist office when I am at my goal weight, just to check I have a decently low bf% to start bulking, but before that, I'll just follow the patterns of bf% decrease in my tape/future caliper measurements, however inaccurate they are, at least by definition they are scales so I can use them to notice trends.

gz user, post results