Why are women fatter than men?

Why are women fatter than men?

Other urls found in this thread:

kff.org/other/state-indicator/adult-overweightobesity-rate-by-gender/?currentTimeframe=0&sortModel={"colId":"Location","sort":"asc"}
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because we let them vote.

Estrogen.

Ouch

It has something to do with the biological requirements of female fertility. From what I understand, women who dip below a certain fat level fuck up their reproductive ability.

Estrogen is a hell of a drug

t. Testosterone user

Also, they need it for babbys

The truth hurts.

Women used to be thin, but not anymore.

Estrogen has nothing to do with it.

It all started when we let them vote.

JK deserves better than this.

This. Women no longer need to be attractive and find a husband to provide for them because they can work & provide for themselves, plus they voted for the State to be their husband.

Also women are more impulsive and have less self control than men.

Because they can get away with it

I'd say because of the invention of the internet has come with the reality that any woman can easily get laid
>be female
>fat
>join tinder
>300 matches of guys wanting to bone
>hmm guess its ok to be fat
>all these guys in real life aren't real men
>join tumblr with like minded women
>see skinny females in adverts
>psshh real men want curves(fat)
>start acting entitled irl
>enough women make it the norm
now we have an obesity epidemic

>be guy
>fat
>join internet
>realise not even fat girls want fat guys because they have so many fitter guys trying to fuck them
>either find a fat woman willing to settle, get in shape or forever alone
>minimal support for guys to be fat

it wouldn't be like this if it wasn't so easy for people to get support for being fat

Babies and relying on men to do all physical labor.

There are a lot of fat people both genders. i think obesity is mostly an ameriburger problem desu

>we will never see the uncensored video

It's a dude.

>we will never see the uncensored video

It's a (worldwide) class thing.
In the first world, among rich people, the men are fatter, on average.
That actually means that some men are fat, but you'll be hard pressed to find a fat woman, to the point Michelle Obama was considered too fat and big.
Among the 3rd worlders, in poorer countries, the women are fatter, and are actually fat, while the men are normal or underweight.

You aren't seeing 'women becoming fatter', you're seeing a secondary effect of the rise of poverty and 3rdworldization of your neighborhood.

Because of no physical labour.

Unless you mean that 5% more bf that women are supposed to carry, that's just biology, they need it for babies.

Okay. Since this bait get's posted, I will happily answer it.

Overall, the answer is because women have a lower BMR than men.

If weightloss is as simple as calories in < calories out, then men have the easier time maintaining a healthy weight/losing weight to women because of this very reason.

I started to lose weight and my husband supported me. I weighed and recorded everything I ate using a food scale and myfitnesspal. He ate what I ate half the time. He ate whatever he wanted at work. He did not record. He did not exercise.

In 6 months he lost 65 lbs and I lost 47 lbs. He lost more weight than I did. Here's how the numbers broke down:

At the start:
>Me: 29 yo 5'4" 226.6 lb female
>Him: 31 yo 6'4" 270 lb male

>My BMR: 2160 kcal
I ate 1300 kcal a day, for a deficit of 860 kcal before exercise. Which was 1.7 lb a week.

>His BMR: 2995
To match my loss, he only needed to eat at a 860 kcal deficit, which still allowed him to eat 2100 calories a day.

A difference of 800 more calories between us for the same loss. With those calories, he could eat more and lose at the same rate or eat less and lose at a faster rate.

Either way, easier and faster for him to lose with less effort.

Now it's been 13 months.

>Me: 30 yo female 5'4" 177lbs
>Him: 32 yo male 6'4" 205 lbs
Total Combined Loss: 114.6 lbs and counting

Current BMR:
>Me: 1900 kcals
Again, I'm cutting at 1300 kcals a day, for a deficit of 600 kcals a day or 1.2 lbs a week.

>Him: 2510 kcal
Again, to match my loss rate, he can eat 1900 kcals a day or choose to eat less and lose more.

Even if he were my height (which the VAST majority of men are not) and the same age, his BMR would still be 2340.

Now most people who complain about a slow metabolism or fast metabolism usually only have a 200-300 calorie difference from the normal. But this is 400-500 kcals minimum.

Cont'd.

It's another meal with the same loss.
It's more forgiveness for giving into an impulse.
It's more flexible in what you can eat.
More variation is available.
More forgiveness for a mistake.

Now, I don't begrudge my husband this. Weight loss was my idea, not his and he totally supported me in so many ways. I can never be grateful enough. When he said my determination inspired to exercise more, it made me so proud.

I love that he's happier with himself now that he's lost the weight. I'm a lot happier too. But when you look at it from a number perspective. Men do, naturally, have it easier than men.

I honestly think this has something to do with evolution actually. In the wild, a lower bmr means you can survive longer without food or with little food. And it's easier to accumulate fat. But in today's modern society of first world nations, it only leads to death.

wrong

while its true that women have a lower BMR it's also true that they need less food (less energy) to be satisfied
basically the female body doesn't crave as much food as a man's body
stop making excuses you fat whale

>Men do, naturally, have it easier than women.
sorry it's late.

Women require a higher essential fat amount than men, due to boobies and such. Aside from biologically, socially women also tend to do less exercise than men in western countries, meaning for those countries the figures are also skewed.

>scientifically proven, mathematically sound sexual dymorphism which can be proved using absolutely ANY TDEE or BMR Caclulator is an excuse

I am fat. This is true.
But I'm working on it, and have been working on it. I would say our results speak for themselves.

Also
>they need less food (less energy) to be satisfied
Source.
Because without one, this seems like an excuse for your inability to restrict to the same limits a girl has to.

Holy shit. The mental gymnastics are fucking strong. Is this the infamous "fatsplaining" ? Has the beetus invaded your brain ? Can you no longer feel your neurons ? have they too, gone numb like your legs under your weight ?
Fat logic is astounding. Couple it with female logic and you just can't win. There's no reasoning with these people

No source, huh?

>have they too, gone numb like your legs under your weight ?
fucking REKT

Supporting this person (the wife?)
The calorie restriction thing is spot on. It's so easy for a guy to say "just stick to 1800 calories brah and you'll lose ez" but if you're a woman with an BMR of 1300 even a 500calorie deficit is near impossible (never count exercise calories) I can't even get a Big Mac with a 1000 calorie limit.

Also looking forward to sources that say how women "need less food to be satisfied" or "don't crave as much as men" pretty sure women (and men's) natural disposition is to gain as much weight as possible when there is a surplus of food in case of famine and decreased insulin

I don't think that woman is making excuses at all. She's doing well with what she has instead of giving up because of "muh genetics" or the shitty cards nature has dealt her

Stop calling her a fat whale I'd like to see what kind of person you are if you think women have it so easy since "clearly they don't get as hungry as us Real Men do" or "need so much food to be satisfied" like some kind of victim.

>Me: 30 yo female 5'4" 177lbs

Your'e a fat whale. Disgusting

I don't usually agree with fit since they are abs obsessed weak twinks however this guy is right 177 at 5"4 is far too heavy for a female

Since you are an overweight excuse for a human, essentially human waste, all your opinions can be discarded and the facts you cite can be considered ramblings of a lunatic.Leave.
The reason women are fat is nothing because of fancy bullshit you spout. Metabolism means nothing when females eat way lesser than men.Or at least it's supposed to be that way, but these days females try their hardest to be considered equal and progressive, and have let go on all their decency and have become gluttonous behemoths.
All in all, you should leave and never come back, and you should be happy your poor husband still stays with you. No self respecting man would've stayed with a lazy, slob person like yourself, so I respect his willpower. Or maybe it's because he's a fat fuck too.
i would've been impressed by your dedication to lose weight, but like always, you females always make it about yourselves and how it's not your fault and how men have it easier and shit.
You ask for saources from people who disagree, but your "sources" are merely your personal experiences at dieting, which I am willing to bet you are lying about, or counted calories wrong, as women are bad at math.

Fucking savage

*Drops mic*

there's no way that's a dude
also, she should stop skipping leg day, her legs are too skinny, it doesn't go well with her butt

>Women used to be thin, but not anymore.
even "thin" women are like 15% bodyfat.

I don't need a source, it's like asking me a source to prove the sky is blue

your BMR is the amount of energy (food) required for your body to sustain itself
you agree that you have a lower BMR because youre a woman so therefore your body is satisfied with less compared to someone with a higher BMR

Women do have a lower metabolic rate but all this means is that they should be eating less. Its pretty simple, my liver is shot to shit and my thyroid hormones are also low atm which means my overall metabolic rate has dropped drastically over the last year but I havent gained weight. If you have a lower metabolic rate it means your body needs less input to function so you adjust your intake accordingly, most women are fat because even though they know they have a lower metabolic rate they refuse to adjust their intake instead insisting that they have some kind of medical or genetic condition condition and that people should accept them the way they are.

Congrats on the weight loss but there's still a long way to go. Don't stop.
We're all gonna make it bro (female).

That's a dude,dude

everyone in this thread is retarded. women AREN'T fatter than men. the majority of fat/obese people are men. and its always been that way.
kff.org/other/state-indicator/adult-overweightobesity-rate-by-gender/?currentTimeframe=0&sortModel={"colId":"Location","sort":"asc"}

>implying anyone actually cares
>that feeling when men are better than women at being women.

Why are women weaker than men?

Generally speaking, men are more likely to be overweight than women. that's a fact.
Women do have naturally higher bodyfat, but that's biology, not life style choices.

WIDF in full force

>there's no way that's a dude

Not that I'd care, in fact, I think I'm going to rub one to him/her/whatever right now
What's censored? Is it part of a longer video, maybe he lifts his skirt up or soemthing?

>facts make me angry

She should take care of that, I'm pretty sure there's a surgery that removes it.

You shitlord, you don't even know the problems we women face because of the patriarchy. For example I eat under 350 calories per day but PCOS, which I know for a fact 9 people of size out of 10 have, causes me to have 35% body fat, and this combined with the wage gap and that one jock who only fucked cheerleaders instead of me back in high school means I'm totally discriminated against.

Bruh, you seen nothing. He gets DICKED hard. You can practically see his pupils turn into hearts.
>I'll spout bullshit as facts and act like a retard when someone calls me out on it

you're not even trying

>Bruh, you seen nothing. He gets DICKED hard. You can practically see his pupils turn into hearts.
That's not something you hsould say so casually [spoiler]without providing source[/spoiler]

women are statistically less likely to be overweight than men: fact
women have naturally higher bodyfat: well known fact
if you somehow manage to project your anger onto these stone cold facts, that's on you buddy.

They still don't deserve the right to vote tho, that's what this thread is about since the fpbp

that's not a Veeky Forums related issue and therefore the thread should be deleted.

women have lower bmrs and food is very high in calories these days. im pretty sure that if all we ate were nuts and plants and shit, nobody would be fat. but women are obsessed with buying things and hedonism and sugar shit like starbucks and dessert and fruity alcoholic drinks

t. woman

>it's another redditard white knight gets offended by vicious shitposting episode

bet you feel retarded now.

Destroyed

sorry, kiddo, but this is a board for people who want to learn about fitness and health.
go back to /r9k/ if you wanna complain about being a fat incel.

k

>fat
nigger I bench fucks like you for warmups you pasty numale.
>learn
>he thinks he learns shit on here
Either you're new, retarded , or both

post body. with time stamp, naturally.

i hate women too, but let's be realistic here guys.

Not before you get your m'ladies to post their mammaries ITT with your mad white knighting skills

>Men are taller
>woops guess they're fatter too

so you are a fat dyel then.
>nigger I bench fucks like you for warmups you pasty numale.
fucking lol

height is a factor in BMI
einstein

I'm trying to analyze why women find being in the normal BMI range so triggering. I see facebook posts with pictures of normal women, average weight in bikinis and there's so many women attacking them while the plus size women get praised. If you grow up with a healthy relationship with food, know that processed food should be like less than 20% of your diet, you probably won't be obese. Being average weight isn't an unrealistic beauty standard.

processed food should be more like 5% of your diet.
preferably 0% to be perfectly honest.

Have you cleaned your parent's basement yet?

I have my own house no thank you, but thanks for reminding, I should clean the basement sometime

Where's the damn source already?

user, get real. the average high school and college aged woman is at school/work for most of her day and it's impossible to stick to 5%.

i wish they taught tdee in school and got rid of the stupid pic related thing
thats what i was taught in middle school. didnt learn about nutrition until about a year ago and im 19 lol
wonder what they're teaching kids now in the SJW era

men have more muscles than women. BMI doesn't factor that.

the arse is fake, cuz

Doesn't matter, a female 15% looks like a male 8%.

Because they can get cock from people way out of their league regardless

>15%.
Don't ever fucking post on my board again.

Wait wait wait... you're telling me that women have it harder, because your husband, who is a full foot taller than you, lost more weight than you did? No fucking shit. Here's a basic calculation btw: 47 lb * ((6' 4")/(5' 4"))^3 = 78 lb, so your weight loss scaled to your husband's height is actually more than his actual 65 lb loss. You literally lost weight faster than your husband did.

>>they need less food (less energy) to be satisfied
>Source.
>Because without one, this seems like an excuse for your inability to restrict to the same limits a girl has to.
They have smaller bodies which need less energy, but also have proportionally smaller stomachs and such, so unsurprisingly they will feel full from eating less food. And for men and women of the same size, the difference between their BMRs is probably like ~100 kcal, which is literally unnoticeable.

Your entire argument is built on the fallacy that the amount of food that is enough to satisfy someone is in no way correlated with their BMR. You seem to think that everyone has to consume the same amount of food to feel full, regardless of their height, gender, weight, or lean mass.
You (ab)used a lot of math to show that someone bigger than you can eat more to lose the exact same mount of weight (no fucking surprise), while conveniently forgetting that the same absolute weight loss for them is actually less relative weight loss (compared to their lean mass).

Its a woman dude, twhy are anons giving it (you)s is beyond me. It's like you actually expect serious discussion

He is quite literally a foot above you.

>Me 22yo 5'6" 72kg male
>manlet btw

my bmr is pretty much similar to yours.

Why are women dumber than men?

don't care what anyone responded, keep going bra

tl;dr. this isn't your blog you corpulent slob. fuck off.

>Also
>>they need less food (less energy) to be satisfied
>Source.

>why are women fatter than men?
There are more men are obese than women in the us.

>why can't women lose weight as easily as men
Women have to restrict More to lose the same because of differences in bmr.

>inb4 nuh uh because you're fat!

Never change fit

There are two answers:

Biological:
>Women have more bodyfat because their bodies are adapted to get pregnant and nurture babies. Women keep more energy stored as bodyfat while men keep more energy stored as glycogen (especially in skeletal muscle). It's a combination of genetics and hormones, but women are predisposed to have more bodyfat than men, and men are predisposed to have more muscle than women.

Political:
>Because we let them vote

i was honestly waiting for him to whip his dick out

what fucking country is this

>when your school taught you this shitty pyramid but also made everyone calculate their TDEE and educated you about calories and protein, carbs and fat in general

>Women have to restrict More to lose the same because of differences in bmr.
They literally just have to eat less you stupid fuck
>inb4 2000 calories are more satisfying than 1300
No, unless you have a unhealthy relation to food women gets full faster than men, if this wasn't a thing everyone would eat then same amount.

durr dur rudurr durr im retarded dur

Why does that thing look like egoraptor?

Commiefornia

They have no sense of accountability and they just let themselves go. Also, it's frowned upon to comment about a woman's weight in western society, even if they are literally dying in front of you from clogged arteries, so it's not like anyone ever confronts them on it. Even their physicians have given up trying to convince some of them to lose weight
>pearls before swine, amirite

Add in the echo-chamber that is tumblr and the usual delusions involving obese women, and presto: Fat girls everywhere

Serious answer: because they have a genetical tendency to have a higher bf% than men. This is no excuse, however, to be overweight and part of the reason is also the degeneration of western culture, body-postivity bullshit etc.

are you asking a ridiculously loaded question as a joke or something?
i don't get it.