Getting toned and in shape for the military

Alright so I began last year about this time. Elliptical twice a day for 90 minutes each, with a mixture of ab workouts and pushups. Now I run about 8 miles every day between two workouts. Essentially giving myself a modified PT test each time. My question is how to truly get busted up in the abdominals. I do elevated sit ups to failure and weighted dips ( Only 10 pounds). so yeah, advice and criticisms. PS I went from drinking mountain dew, Cowboy Killers, and Candy to being moderately fit.

I'm pretty sure the point of boot is to get you in shape for the military. If you can pass the PT test you should be good to go as trying to make boot easier seems futile in my civie opinion.

Read the sticky
Sage

Good on you bro. Keep it up. Start lifting.

>I'm pretty sure the point of boot is to get you in shape for the military.

The point of boot is to get you mentally in shape, the more fit you are the easier it is.

you look like shit

but you look alot better.

yeah but I mean If your going to be doing PT every day for 8 weeks what's the point of training super hard beforehand unless you're mentally autistic and won't make it in the military regardless?

you'll be fine. I went into boot with about the same stats and had no trouble graduating.

if you really want to work your abs it's just a time investment. you'll also get better at it as you keep losing weight. also, stronglifts would help you. the big 4 all work your core.

nice cuh

show your BBC

From what i've heard, everyone gets whupped in boot. Being in shape makes it hurt that much less. Plus I'm trying to be a beast spawned from hellfire!

>be black
>workout 2x a day run 8 miles
>be unemployed
>still have a muffintop

Sheeeeeeeeeeit

why do black people love Iphone?

I'm a student in a coastal town. Now its summer I only work and workout. Average about 60 hours a week in the kitchen. I just get up early everyday for runs. Its vicious cycle working around buttery sea food.

You should do like 2 months of lifting. Lot of people fuck themselves up in basic because theyve NEVER had to handle a weight on their body.

Anyways. I'll start learning the strong lifts.

nice job, OP. You'll be fine for boot camp.
what branch?
what community?

USN Seabee here

Same reason white people love iPhone

Height/Weight?

What's your rank?

Nice, good luck. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, I went from eating junk food constantly and drinking 3-4 mountain dew cans a day to being Veeky Forums, I plan on joining the Navy once I finish college. No one would have thought this fatboy would have gotten in shape, but fuck if I didn't prove them wrong.

This is why 70+% of boots can't qualify

Military don't give a shit about your body image. Just stamina and the ability to carry heavy shit for long distances.

this, no homo
post yourself

You'll be fine.
Stamina sounds fine. Work on carrying weight for distances and you'll be good. ( Ruck Marches )
Other than that it's mainly just mental fuckery.

- USArmy 11b Vet

This. Also 11b vet here and the rucks were the biggest killers, people could lift but going for miles with weight at a decently fast walking distance caused tons of fallouts. Go on hikes with weights in a bag or something, 15 minute/mile is standard ruck pace.

Hint for the PT test if you're Army: You can get away a little bit with rocking to the left and right so you're using more of your obliques on the situp test, you have to go down until your shoulder touches the ground and the grader is always to one side. It's hard to explain but it helped a lot of dudes I know go from being shit at situps to maxing that shit.

11B! Nice! My older brother went infantry. Yeah I'm planning on going Army. Nothing else has the same appeal to me. I currently live near the navy and AF bases and it is clear that they don't stress physical readiness all too much.

I second this

OP, post BF% too

68w currently in korea, it doesn't matter how long you can run if you can't do it fast so time yourself. Also, memorize the soldier's creed and other shit and basic will be a lot easier. It's not too difficult to begin with. Black people react to the gas chamber more than others, learn to hold your breath.

What did you get on the ASVAB? After you do that and chosen your MOS you still have time to get more fit in the Delayed Entry Program so try to transition to something like SS to rapidly increase strength and become accustomed to holding heavy shit. Keep running though.

Went through BCT not too long ago. It all really depends on where you go (I don't mean post, it varies company by company) but you'll probably get the shit smoked out of you for weeks.

We had plenty of fatasses and weaklings that became unsmokeable by the end of Basic. If you come in shape like I did, you could finish BCT with a near 300 PT score.

Even though I came to BCT decently in shape, I still lost 20 lbs and ended up with visible abs and lots of vascularity. Rucking is really the most difficult thing you'll do, especially once you get to the final ruck. Our company commander decided we'd do a 16 mile ruck while the other companies did a 12 mile ruck, but we still finished in the same amount of time as them. Your feet will get fucked up by the boots.

Also, the hardest part is all the sickness that gets spread around. Hell, I had bronchitis for 7 weeks and I got a 270 on the final PT test while I had 2 cracked ribs. Just don't give up and you'll be fine.

Just remember that the AF and Navy gets less shitty details, more freedom in training, and much nicer facilities.

Being able to choose your own MOS is cool but try to think about one that has applications in wartime as well as peace. If you go infantry, you're basically an underpaid janitor in garrison.

On the flip side, don't pick an MOS with a really long AIT. AIT sucks ass and you'll wish you were back at BCT. And for the love of god, don't go to Fort Gordon for AIT.

>posts Half naked pics on anime board

N..no h...omo. R..right Veeky Forums

if u identify as a grill in a moment of sucking dick, how is that gay? gender is fluid, why are you such a cis scum?

The same reason they pay hundreds of dollars for runners, they are slaves to trends. Funny that blacks decry slavery, yet their phones and shoes are made with slave labour.

Those kids get paid.

Which ones? Neither the Chinese or Congolese get paid.

Of course they do.

You're fine. Just get ready to run a lot.

t. MARSOC

No.

Boot camp is just mentally break you down and make you better at following orders while acting as a unit.

The physical shit is for weeding out snowflakes and ditch diggers.

So you're not the fat fuck causing everyone else to repeat xyz activity.

LTJG

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
Is this a joke?
Sea bees are arguably the shittiest rate in the whole navy. Dead rate with zero upward mobility.

post block ii

>toned
never gonna make it

You'll lose weight in boot camp. Also, don't join the military. Not worth it, it sucks and is gay.
>inb4 I want my life to suck and be gay
No you dont faggot.

Nice progress breh you'll be fine. Being in the army sucks tho, I'm about to get out. Currently posting from Iraq

What a stupid fucking question.

Enlisted bees certainly are a dead group of rates. Recommend avoiding.

CEC Officers are a completely different story.