Ankle mobility

Finally decided to start working out. Turns out I can't do an atg squat. My ankle mobility is too limited to allow me to balance myself at the bottom. I end up looking like pic related if I don't want to fall on my ass.
How can I increase my ankle mobility? Are oly shoes a good idea to counter this issue in the meantime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LLwiGkywKN4
youtu.be/4GxtcRIIRzE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lacrosse ball and foam roll
Stretch

Every day

This, buy a lacrosse ball and roll your heels on it for 5 mins before squatting

Really? I'll give it a shot but I don't understand how this will help my mobility.

Put your foot an inch from a wall. Move your knee towards the wall.
Keep heel on ground.

Load up a barbell with some weight(less than 45lbs/20kg plates starting off). Deadlift the weight and bring it back down on your knees and rest with it in that position for a min for a few sets. Do this every time you go to the gym.

In the meantime use only shoes.

*oly shoes

It might help a little to take a wider stance. Practice on goblet squats.

search fix your squat (part 1) on youtube

But that is Norton's good form...

Watch these:
youtu.be/LLwiGkywKN4

youtu.be/4GxtcRIIRzE

Basically you need to find the squat and foot positioning which suits your body.

This.

I had the same problems with not being able to get full depth and figured it was due to ankle mobility. Turned out my stance was too narrow.

>ankle mobility for atg

How is it liinked to ankle mobility?

I can't do it weighted, I fall into the hole and my body won't get back up.

I just go to parallel. Fight me.

The idea is to move your hips as straight as possible down into the hole and back out. You need your legs to move out of the way to allow that to happen. You can't get your quads out of the way without hip mobility, and you can't get your calves out of the way without ankle mobility.

The reason you can't get back out of the hole is becuase you're moving off the line either forward or backwards because of, you guess it, low mobility.

Are you certain your ankles are the problem?

Do this test recommended by Greg Nuckols. Stand having a wall. Step forward with one foot so that your toes are touching the wall. Now, bend your knee forward to touch the wall without lifting your heel off the ground.

Move your foot backwards half an inch and touch the wall with your knee again. Use a ruler if you have one.

Continue making half inch steps back. If you can place 2 inches between the wall and your toes and touch the wall with your knee without raising your heel off the ground, then you have fully adequate ankle mobility for squatting.

Squat more

/thread

this post best post

>how will working on mobility help my mobility

Veeky Forums

I can't do it at 2"... barely got it at 1". How do I increase flexibility?

You read the sticky.

Oh fuck you and your dank quints