Anyone here had any experience with cutting carbs out of their diet? How did it affect you?

Anyone here had any experience with cutting carbs out of their diet? How did it affect you?

Other urls found in this thread:

ruled.me/the-ketogenic-diet-and-insulin-resistance/
diabetes.co.uk/keto/
youtube.com/watch?v=Aw8hufhIDu0
youtube.com/watch?v=f2LYe4Gzmc4
newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/majority-of-hospitalized-heart-75668
youtube.com/watch?v=zTuK6QKBvcc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Never feel tired or have a desire to binge on carbs. They aren't really necessary. And by cutting them out I replaced them with whole foods

I did low-carb instead. Best decision I've made last year when I noticed I started see my belly bulge. Lost about 25 lbs (was nearing 180), lost virginity and ate a lot of wholesome fatty foods. Overall, life became better.

I did keto and lost 40 pounds. Probably one of the easiest most impactful things I've done in my life.

that looks so fucking good

>lost virginity
explain

benis go in bagina

Keep in slamming down those eggs, bacon and butter.

People like you are the reason I get paid over $650,000 a year in Australia as a cardiothoracic surgeon.

>b-but I'm lean, I'll never have heart problems from my brain-dead retarded mass intake of cholesterol

Yeah, tell that to all the active, fit and in-shape people in their 30s and 40s who I've had to do surgery on who spent years on high-fat diets consisting of mainly animal/saturated fats.

I'm personally not even a vegan or vegetarian, but if you actually care about your heart health, keep you in-take of cholesterol and overall saturated fats to a bare minimum, in-fact just give up eggs and bacon all-together, and stop applying butter on your food, use olive-oil.

No I am not going to answer any questions, I'm off to have fun in my new Aventador.

Don't cut them out. You need fiber to poop. Less than 100g carbs and you start to lose water weight.

what about people who cut carbs to lose weight?

>Anyone here had any experience with cutting carbs out of their diet?
Mmmm bacon and butter! Cholestoral raises test! You CAN outrun a bad diet, goy!

>larper as a surgeon
>surgeon consultant on Veeky Forums
>thinks that 30 and 40 year olds are the bulk of modern medicine and not rare as shit.
2/10 made me reply.

If I cut carbs too much for too long I get angry and drained of energy.
Not eating carbohydrates doesn't bother me i don't have any cravings for them but i feel like i need some to keep my body running properly.

Up your protein intake.

You see, when a man and a woman love eachother...

just carb cycle

that fucking hair on the bottom right piece.

>entire metabolic physiology is based on ample amount of glucose for energy

Yeah naw, cutting carbs is great.

I have been doing keto for a year

Pro:
>Feeling better in general
>no more blood sugar roller coaster
>Lose fat easily
>never hungry
> less acne and better skin
>easy to eat a lot of protein

Cons :
>can't eat with people (i don't care i don't have any friends)
>can't eat a lot of my favorite shit

Shit went liquid, wouldn't recommend fully cutting carbs out. Was my easy source for fibres

this looks like a healthy diet

Enjoy your heart attack

>Cons :
>can't eat with people (i don't care i don't have any friends)
>can't eat a lot of my favorite shit
>breath smells like shit
>body oder 20x worse
>cognition is awful because my brain has no glucose
>memory is awful because ^
>often forget what I'm doing because ^
>literally turning myself diabetic
>arteries hurt
>constant angina
>constant heart burn
>will die of a heart attack at 30

I look pretty fucking juicy, though

>breath smells like shit
The first week it's true but after it's back to normal
>body oder 20x worse
?
>cognition is awful because my brain has no glucose
No i'm have the same grades as before and feel sharper
>memory is awful because ^
^
>often forget what I'm doing because ^
no
>literally turning myself diabetic
What ? How can one tun diabetic because of keto ? It's even a treatment for diabetics
>arteries hurt
>constant angina
no
>constant heart burn
no
>will die of a heart attack at 30
My last blood test was in range for everything

You are a fat fuck who tried keto and gave up and ate donuts so now you resent keto because of your own weakness. You larp as a cardiovascular surgeon trying to tell people keto is worthless, but in reality it is you who are worthless in your failed pursuit to lose weight

>What ? How can one tun diabetic because of keto ? It's even a treatment for diabetics

No, it's not. High fat intake leads to insulin resistance. You're so fucked when you start eating carbs again, man.

Saturated fat literally kills the beta cells of the pancreas which are responsible for releasing insulin, and interferes with the cell's ability to allow insulin to trigger its ability to allow glucose into the cell, basically starving you at the cellular level.

That's a lot of projection, friend. And nah, I just eat whole foods and cut back on food intake if my body fat get's above 15%. Easy peasy.

There's nothing special about keto, you still have to be in a caloric deficit to lose weight, and anytime you do anything more intense than walking your body cannibalizes muscle tissue via gluconeogenisis so that it can get the glucose is desperately needs to preform.

I've been on a keto diet for a month now. It feels pretty good but I have a serious craving for Pop-Tarts

>What ? How can one tun diabetic because of keto ? It's even a treatment for diabetics
You have absolutly no idea what you are talking about

I went full on keto autism for a while, cut carbs to sub 20g. After a while, i realised that this is simply a chore with no actual benefit, so i upped them to sub 100g per day and that's how i intend to eat for the rest of my life.

>>cognition is awful because my brain has no glucose
>No i'm have the same grades as before and feel sharper
>no I'm

Looking sharp, bro.

this.
guy i know has lethally high colesterol at a young age of 26 (TWENTY-SIX).
Now he is forced to live ridiculously healthy or he will literally die.

>ruled.me/the-ketogenic-diet-and-insulin-resistance/

"The first study assessing the direct impact of ketogenic diets on insulin resistance was conducted ten years ago in 2005. In it, researchers recruited 10 obese patients with type 2 diabetes and had them consume their normal diets for 1 full week. Then, the researchers provided them with a high-fat ketogenic diet for 2 weeks.

After the intervention, the 10 subjects experienced a mean energy intake decrease from 3111 kcal/day to 2164 kcal/day- representing a 30.4% decrease. This resulted in a weight-loss of 1.65 kg. More significantly, insulin sensitivity improved by approximately 75%- a dramatic increase. [5] Additionally, hemoglobin A1c levels decreased from 7.3% to 6.8%, mean triglyceride levels decreased by 35% and cholesterol decreased by 10%. [5]

Key Takeaways: A ketogenic diet may substantially increase insulin sensitivity in obese subjects with type 2 diabetes.

Recommendation: If you are trying to increase your insulin sensitivity, consider utilizing a ketogenic diet."

Do you have any study or source to backup what you are saying ?

Red meat causes cancer. Fact since 2016 and known well before then. Why the FUCK would anyone do keto?

diabetes.co.uk/keto/

But that's literally wrong and not what the study said at all.

i get massively depressed or irrationally angry 2 weeks in

>10 participants
>significant reduction in caloric intake
>meaning people weren't in a constant overfed aka insulin producing state
>no control

This is pretty much worthless.

Nice LARP, faggot.

You misspelled "gross"

Please give source

youtube.com/watch?v=Aw8hufhIDu0

MD using multiple sources and explains basic human physiology.

>thought that was cheese
oh okay that's pretty strong shit but not super bad what ever...
>it's butter
CHRIST WHY

people seem to think that Keto means eating butter filled bacon drizzled with olive oil and deep fried. i wish this was an exaggeration.

I changed where I get carbs from. Instead of bread, rice, etc, I get them from natural fibrous sources like potatoes.

Makes me crave food way less.

>potatoes
are not better than rice, buddy.
literally so starchy, it doesn't even count as a veggie.

good
it felt good
I eat now around 100g of carbs and haven't gained much fat mass
carbs are ok in moderation...

Quality post

This man knows. Carbs around 80-100g per day and more for training days.

How important are carbs for muscle pop?

>cut out carbs from junk foods
>replace with carbs from whole foods

Don't know why people don't get this

This is some vegan made up lie, obviously.

>plate of tasty bacon with some butter (plate of healthy fats, carbs, and protein)
>gross
Stop.

There's literally nothing wrong with starch.

Women are attracted to men who arn't /fat

I did keto and it didn't work for me; I felt "unsatisfied" constantly.

What worked for me was simply eating clean and cutting my carbs down; I still eat carbs but i eat 100g of protein a day and i eat a serving of starchy vegetables like peas if I have a curry rather than rice.

Vegan LARPers pls go

Enjoy death at 28

best thing i ever did

excuse the quality

Who the fuck came up with this "carbs are bad" shit?

It doesn't actually matter what the fuck you eat, as long as calories in < calories out you'll lose weight. Simple as that.

>What is hemp heart, flax and chia seed

Puny carb cucks

I don't think the lack of carbs is what helped you there juicy, something else in your body brah

for low carb diets, how do your proteins and fats stack up?

If you're eating

>What is hemp heart, flax and chia seed
0 cholesterol 0 heme cancer that's what they are

That's not how steroids work, they don't magically make you lose fat, you still have to eat right and in a caloric deficit, I know I juice.when I started I was about 14 percent and expected to go quickly to sub 10, it didn't happen and I had to diet harder than I ever have enough, literally weighing everything I eat to get to 11 and I'm still struggling to drop under 10. What it does do is preserve your muscle on the hard cut, off gear if I cut my Cal's as low as I do now I would have lost all my precious gainz, now at 220lbs 6'2 I'm cutting at 1500 Cal's a day and maintaining my lean mass

Exactly. Nothing but good fats, protein and looots of fiber. Cornerstones of any keto diet

You called me a puny cuck for scoffing at a plate of bacon and butter

You sound like a mega faggot lmao

Shitposting aside, I became more confident and more physically attractive. Then one thing led to another after a few parties and the rest is history.

hahahahaha I love when people spout this bullshit.

GAIZ STERIDZ TOTALY DONT DO NUTHIN UNLESS U GOT THE HEART AND DISCIPLNE!!!!!!!!!

even if that were true, which it isnt, High carb intake is what causes cancer 90% of the time.
Anyways keto is 25% protein. You literally cant eat alot of meat because you would go over that or you will break keto because of gluconeogenesis.

That shit is so wrong it physically hurts.
youtube.com/watch?v=f2LYe4Gzmc4
high fat + high carb is actually worse than high carb purely. High carb is still very bad
High fat low carb is king for literally every marker outside of the first 2-3 weeks. Athletes say keto adaptation to 100% takes as much as 6 months. Any study that doesnt last at least 4+weeks is null and void.
Funny how ppl with type 2 diabetes switching to keto diet actually reverse it and go off their meds, having lower tryglicerides than ppl consuming high carb low fat. :thinking:

except studies done on ppl losing weight on keto vs normal calorie restriction shows that on keto you get 60% less energy from protein than on a normal diet. That's strange :thinking:

There is something special about keto because you have 30% of the insulin you have on a high carb diet. Ppl only store energy as fat when they have insulin. When you have lower insulin guess what, that energy goes elsewhere. More and stable energy, body temp, immunity, hormone production, etc. This is a known fact.
Trial with ppl taking drugs that promote insulin production and cut 20% average calorie intake gained fat. Ppl taking drugs that inhibit insulin production and ate 20% more lose weight.

I make $651,000 a year in New Zealand as a cardiothoracic surgeon. Chump.

yeah I guess even tho my LDLs and triglycerides are within healthy levels now, suddenly out of nowhere I'm going to have heart complications
yeah no that's not going to happen I was being sarcastic.

>angina
>heart burn
interesting that you mention that, I went on a low-carb diet mainly to lose weight, but also because I was dealing with angina episodes and frequent heart-burn. low-carb fixed both

you literally have no idea how ketosis works. at least do some basic research on the science behind it before you post again. shouldn't you "know your enemy" and all that too?

lmao, do you seriously think you can sit around and steroids magically make you ripped?

You have Rain Man levels of both perception and autism

What kind of sheep do you operate on Dr?

How often do you shit eating like this? Once a month?

Dub dubs confirms. How fucking far did you have to zoom in to see that shit? It took me a solid 35 seconds of looking at that bacon butter sandwich at incredibly high magnification to see that shit. Do you have autism friend?

I laughed aloud and woke my wife up. Thanks friend. (You)

It's not uncommon

newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/majority-of-hospitalized-heart-75668

Is that 650,000 dollarydoos?

>bacon and butter
>healthy fats

if grass fed then yeah, healthy. That said obviously you dont eat only that. I am doing keto atm and only about 10-15% is meat. Some days I dont even eat meat so
and if you actually read what that article says instead of just the title you can see that risk goes significantly down as LDL and tris goes down and as HDL goes up. If anything the article says the guidelines aren't strict enough.
Since I started keto all of my markers have improved significantly over the recommended guidelines, much more so than I've ever been on a regular diet. And even before that I was always fairly active, never drank sodas, rarely alcohol and stuff like chips,candies 2-3 times a week.

>if grass fed then yeah, healthy.

Insignificantly better, not healthy

Nice, what are your bloodwork stats?

youtube.com/watch?v=zTuK6QKBvcc

its mostly to get your body to burn surplus fat for energy instead of surplus carbohydrates. It's working for me, I dropped from 230 to 195 in the past 6 weeks.

this is all high protein, not relevant

The protein is what causes arteries to clog up?

>its mostly to get your body to burn surplus fat for energy instead of surplus carbohydrates.

Why?

high protein convert to glucose

Meanwhile eating glucose pre-formed made the arteries healthier? It's the fat, bro

study with 36 people with a self administered diet. Yeah I'm sure it was very scientific. This is barely better than a blogpost done by a soccer mom.
And yeah it's the fat. Combined with the sugar.
High fat + high carb is worse than high carb alone.
Doesnt mean high card is good

no its not

ketosis exist for winter, precisely when carbs were hard to find but meats and fats were available