How many grams of protein do you consume

how many grams of protein do you consume

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/athlete-protein-intake/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

enough

~200 g per day.

All of them.

120-160 g per day(if you are natty) is enough, do not fall for the roider advice

130g at the lowest, no cap but 170 is usually the highest I'll hit

>120-160 g per day
>120g

Is this your "I'm not eating today" day?

That's way too much m8

i'd say 60g on training days, 30g on rest days

honest question I've only been lifting for about 6 weeks, why less protein on rest day ?

I take 30g after my workout, on rest days I skip it !

An additional question should be, how much do you weigh and bodyfat %. Theres no way some 5'10 manlet at 190 chubby pounds needs 200 grams of protein a day to build muscle

fat blob
>confirmed

I don't know how to
>greentext

But to answer the question I don't really count protein as much as I do calories, but I do at least 100 from meat and diary sources so in total it's a bit higher than that

Don't remember my exact lean body mass, but I aim for ~150g of protein

200-250g a day. I'm 6ft4 220lbs 17%bf natty sp aim for the '1lb per g of bodyweight'. Don't fall for the '60g a day is more than enough goy, use those extra calories on carbs!' meme but also you don't need ridiculous amounts (I see people chugging 4 scoops as soon as they wake up - you're not fucking Rich Piana. Enjoy your kidney disease)

Y tho?

Its not like your body isn't producing muscle at times other thhan immediately following a workout.

Also, 1g per lean pound of bodyweight is a generally accepted guideline for daily protein intake.

100g

>60g on training days,
either you're a long distance runner or don't know what your're talking about

Adding to the conversation, have anyone read this or have a similar experience with low protein - high carb diets?

Are you really working out hard enough to use your body weight in protein?

At least 10g but I try for more

Isn't 30g 60% of your daily protein intake? Shit 100g alone is seems a fuckton

300g 190cm 98kg 14% on steroids

lean bodyweight idioot

topkek
Have a (you), friend.

170 grams

I've come to understand that the human body can only process 10g per hour. Most of the rest doesn't even get stored or put to any use. Just pissed out. So I try to consume 10g per hour.

so what is your guys opinion on those "30g per meal max" or "10g per hour digested" rules?

1.5g per kg of lean body weight (or 0.7g per lb) is enough

is 230g protien even possible with low fat and carbs on a 2000kcal diet?
I'm trying to lose some weight but having 50% of your kcals as protien seems like a fucking monster battle.

Read studies disproving it. Read other studies proving it. Who the fuck knows anymore.

~220g

under 100 or else farts smell really bad

Stomach digests extremely slow and food stays in your intestines for hours.You should be fine as long as you don't exceed like 120 grams per hour (that number is entirely arbitrary)\

Those rules you mentioned are health mojo not empirical at all.

Probably around 140g per day.
My bw is 79kg.

I shoot for 200g but have managed as high as 300g some days

100-120g most days

im a manlet though

>be caveman
>eat one deer per week
>eat 300g protein in one sitting
>pee out 290g
>survive

we know that whatever you put in your mouth ends up in your body the question is wether or not the protein ends up in your muscles

Protein timing is less important than total amount of protein and protein quality (i.e., animal protein over plant-based protein), but can still have an impact on muscle protein synthesis.

strongerbyscience.com/athlete-protein-intake/

190~

Too much.
The average adult male needs 56 grams per day. We'll round that up to 60.
Now we're going to assume your lean body mass is 60% higher than the average adult male (it's not even close to that big of a difference, but I'm giving you a headstart). So you "need" 100g per day. To maintain muscle mass, that is. Anything above that is going to repairing damaged tissue and building new tissue.
If you eat 200g per day that's 100g protein that goes to muscle protein synthesis. And since muscle is 25% protein and 75% water and glycogen, you are supposedly replacing and/or adding 400g muscle daily
Kek, don't fall for the chicken, beef and whey Jew anons. 150g is already much, much more than enough.
Obvious """joke""" post,that low isn't recommended either.

200 gs minimum. About 250 regularly.

60 per day roughly

I weigh around 170, so I eat about 190-200.

>1lb per g of bodyweight

Thats quite a lot user

>1g per pound of bodyweight
How would you ever eat your bodyweight in protein using this guideline mister?

I'm 5'10, 185 lbs., and have a 31.5 inch waist (12-15% bodyfat). I shoot for 160 gram of protein a day

I think .8 grams per pound is good enough, and is considered a mark up. I get about 1 gram per pound because that's just what I end up. Better to be safe than sorry as they say.

i eat above 180g and below 200g its the only macro i track and i get 100g from 2 protein shakes so its pretty easy