>anything you find in those containers with random shit in it

L O N D O N

i shop at a tesco metro because it's nearby

i buy like 2 packs of 1kg chicken
some pork loin steaks
beef mince sometimes
then veggies, usually long green beans/broccoli/peppers
i also buy oats/skyr/frozen berries for each morning

less often i will top up on carbs like rice and egg noodles, and staples like coconut milk, tinned tomatoes and curry paste (I do a lot of eastern cooking)

oh and sips ofc

this is like £30 a week ish? maybe £35 max. the same shop was like £20-£25 when i was at uni in the north

is it werid be from london see L O N D O N
O
N
D
ON postings?

South Yorkshire-
Aldi
£3.33 1kg chicken.
Sweet potato bag £0.85?
1kg mixed veggies £0.85?

i'm not originally from london, i'm here for a summer job placement

i just laugh slightly when i see it really as i know i used to type it when i was in durham

How the fuck did you know what he meant?

Lidl. Pick up their natural greek yoghurt normal not low fat. They used to go 1KG for £1 but its now 500g for 75p fucking scammers. Frozen berries are £2.29 for 750g and are decent (but like 100g of it is just the seeds etc at the bottom so its a bit of false value).
Their beef is decent. 2 x rump steaks for just over £4, usually pick up 1 pack a week to get some red meat in. Salmon in general is expensive but Lidl is about the best value, 280g for £3.69 or 220g pre-marinated for £3.29. Only buy fresh, frozen salmon tastes awful. Their chicken is not fantastic quality but excellent value. I usually pick up a pack of diced and a pack of mini fillets. Lidl really excels in their veg. Broccoli is cheap and good quality, as is their sweet potato and mushrooms. I find their bell peppers hit and miss - sometimes they're not fresh at all but other times they're great.
Also, their 81% dark chocolate £1.29 for 125g is GOAT.
Their sushi is gross, pay the extra to get it from tesco.
The 30% off stuff is a mixed bag. Sometimes you can get good deals but thats only if you're there at the right time, usually its shit-tier foods. However, got a pre-cooked smoked salmon fillet for £1.50 this morning for lunch tomorrow which is piff.

For everything else I tend to use Tesco. Sainsburys is expensive, Asda is shit-tier quality, Aldi is just expensive Lidl and I live 20 miles away from a Morrisons.

Typically spend £30 a week in Lidl supplemented by £10-15 a week in random Tesco shit - maintains a high vegetable and meat 3000 calorie a day diet.

tl;dr Lidl is okay. Tesco is okay. Everything else licks butt

senpai...

>tfw no lidl near university
Absolutely ree

Lads can you advise me as to roughly how pricey your friendly neighbourhood halal butchers is compared to supermarkets? In south/south east if it makes a difference

In Milton Keynes.

Tesco 2 chicken breasts are like £3
My Halal fella is 5 breasts for £4 or mix and match meats 3 for £10

>durham

my nigga

Which college/what course?

grey college, computer science, you?

i went to the hild bede gym all of last year because i was living up that end though

I graduated last year.

Was at Cuth's, doing classics MA, went to maiden castle gym. It was always quiet as fuck.

What did you make of durham?

Lidl and Sainsbury's.
For protons:
Salmon, Chicken, Beef, Cottage Cheese, Skyr, canned fish, frozen pollock, frozen vegetables, mixed nuts, pork chops, pasta

Probably around 40 pounds a week? On a 2800kcal diet

it's pretty good, i'm back there next year and possibly the year after that if i carry on with the masters course.

durham is alright in most respects, the nightlife is a bit mediocre but the drink prices definitely make up for it which is what i've been missing most when living in london. you also get the sense you're living a bubble in durham which you definitely don't get here

All the college gyms have typically been really quiet, only about 5 people in there max for hild bede. Same for grey but 5 people was like the maximum capacity if i'm being honest. Maiden castle gym is like a fair old way from the bailey colleges though isn't it?

Nothing is a fair old way in Durham place is tiny as fuck.

>tfw live in a middle class area
>no Lidl, no ALDI not even a fucking ASDA
>only a Co-Op and a Waitrose

eating myself out of house and home here lads

Can't go wrong with £2.50 doubles in Klute. And living there was cheap as fuck, assuming you get could to Lidl.

I did try the Cuth's gym, but it was kinda shitty. Not enough weight, and bent bars. It wasn't so far from where I was living, as I was right by the prison. You just went across the rugby fields and you were there.

Did you go to private school before uni?

No arguments here

pls go to waitrose, they pay me well

no, public school. i did get rejected from cambridge though so i've got that part of the stereotype down.

we used to get asda delivery, i wasn't aware there was a lidl in durham?

There's 2, but both are a short drive/a bus journey away. Or, you could walk to it, and get a taxi back

That's OK, I got rejected from Oxford.

Is it viable to have a diet consiting of

Breakfast: oats, scoop of protein powder, whole milk, banana or frozen berries (not figured out the grams and ml yet)

Lunch: Beef mince, brown rice, kidney beans, sweetcorn, maybe some mushrooms and spices

Dinner: Same shit as lunch

I'm trying to keep it simple as I live with my grandparents and I don't have much space for storage for my own food.

Public school is private school you nonce

Oxonian checking in. What course/college did you apply for

you fucking nonce cunt weeeeeeeeeyyyyyy
online shopping?

>lidl home delivery

kek

you could do asda

they have warehouses that they deliver from so they can provide delivery to places where they don't have stores

Wadham, Classics. Ended up going to Cardiff, then Durham for my MA

Which course/college are you?

Why do britbongs refer to private school as public school?

i appreciate the detail of your answer no homo

There's a slight difference between the two. Public schools have a different tax status, and tend to be seen as more 'posh' and prestigious. Think Eton

Sounds good user, I would just try and have a different meal for dinner for personal preference.
I made a meal plan for every day of the week and every week I eat the same stuff. Helps with the shopping and the gainz.

Public schools rely on public money as in fees and donations from student/parents

Most supermarket meat is halal stun killed but its not on the labels. Butcher/fishmonger for Tesco here

I go Tesco because it's closest but I may switch to Aldi soon because the price creep has become far too ridiculous lately.

I buy pasta, peppers, bacon, frozen fish and chicken, broccoli, kale, and fresh bread if they've good ones at the bakery. And some fruit.

I usually spend about £15-20 a week there.

Northern Ireland

I get most of my food just from driving out to local farms and what not.

About 40-50 a week

Clarence is that u homie?

>Tfw live in London
>Tfw always reply to L O N D O N posts saying yes and asking to meet up but no one ever replies back

In Glasgow, aldi, LIDL, coop, m and s, waitrose and wholefoods. I sometimes go to asda for a change. Skyr is the place to be right now. Also my local butchers does some quality square sausage. I go for a mcds every once in a while anyone else have a bouncer at there mcds? Too many junkies scrapping at like 5pm on a Thursday.

Make sure it's halal boys. Don't want to get charged with a hate crime and sent to British Antarctica to write gay furry fiction for BBC children's shows.

Alhamdulillah.

Why Veeky Forums forcing this kaffir meme all of a sudden

Why do Liverpool and Manchester claim to be northern when they're only like halfway up the country?

>lidl
>asda
>aldi

WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS

Nobody cares about your shitty country

for what purpose

Is Aldi/Lidl really that cheap compared to Tesco or Asda?

I'd make the effort, but there's a Tesco five minutes away and the nearest Lidl or Aldi is a fair drive.

That said, I'm on my first cycle at the moment and any delusions of budgeting food are long gone. Constantly finding myself diving into wherever the nearest place that sells food is like some sort of mad food rapist.

Also -

Anyone noticed you can't buy edible steak in a mainstream British supermarket anymore?

Yeah it annoys me that people think Halal is cruel.

I mean, it is, but so is all slaughter. I'd be a veggie on moral grounds but I can't stand the veggie diet. Meat is just too damn tasty.

Greggs

Thanks for the super detailed post, I've got a shopping list redy and w8ting now

YES ITS CHEEP CHEEP

honestly if it wasnt such a depressing shop (harsh lights, sad employees) I'd probably make it the only place I go shop

Tesco. Cheap, decent quality meat, they have good merchandising in most stores. Express is shit though.

Sainburys are super limited in what they sell
Waitrose is good but overpriced
Marks and sparks is actually pretty shit because they try too hard to not sell non-m&s shit; ends up being worse and overpriced
Morrisons - LOL, only go to one of these if you want polish meat
CO-OP - can be alright, but I find their selections limited and their choice of stock in smaller stores questionable (stocking less popular shit over more popular shit for no real reason)
Lidl - too limited and basic a selection good for picking up eastern euro snacks
Aldi - identical to the above in every way

T. Used to work in supermarket retail head office

Lidls or Tescos. Occasionally I will have my own beef or lamb if I have had an animal killed.

Go to the butchers for meat, it is better and costs about the same.

This.

All you cucks buying shit Muslamic meat. I get my meat from my local British butchers and most of my veg from the greengrocers or the market. You get to know the butcher and he might occassionally slip you an extra sausage.

>he might occassionally slip you an extra sausage

well now we're talking

>buying meat from ASDA or Tesco
lmao enjoy your halal meat.
Go to your local butchers, its probably cheaper anyway

Asda

My essentials are:

Chicken breast fillet, pork shoulder, sausages, Moma oats (13g protein per serving, without counting the milk), peanut butter and organic eggs

Bristol here, I get most things from coop (fage, quark, oats, milk, veggies) because it's close and all the local grocers close after I get home from work.

I like Waitrose when I can get to a big one, I'm not 100% convinced it's as overpriced as, for instance, Tesco. I don't go there much in practice though

What's your issue with halal meat? Eats the same mate. Price and quality are the factors I care about.

>You get to know the butcher and he might occassionally slip you an extra sausage.

No shit, this. My parents get in value roughly £50 worth of things to feed their dog from him for free (bone, ground beef, heart, liver, offcuts, stuff like that.)

Just popped in this thread to say...
>not eating this
>making it
Pick one

those poor cows don't deserve to be bled to death.
>b-b-b-b-but theyre stunned
nah, even hunters are more humane going to quick kills. At least respect the animals

>£50 worth of things

*per month

They are stunned, fuckers are unconcious. No suffering there, worked in an abotoir, seen it done.

Comes from historical differences. Both private and public schools charge money, but private schools were only available if you were born into the aristocracy, while publics accepted anyone from the public, provided they could pay.

I lift with a lad that runs a meat import company. Only meat that doesn't matter is chicken. As it all comes from Poland anyway.

>Aldi
>I only eat wholefoods...meat, veggies, rice. I eat 2600 calories a day
>£160/month

5 for 4 quid? Fucking hell. Aldi is £5.59. I have a halal butcher 2 minutes away. Never gone in there. Will check it out this week.

Ocado, and for food shopping for me it costs way less than 30 a week. Dunno how you idiots are managing to spend so much.

Kent. Get most stuff from Tesco since it's closest to my house, occasionally might go around to the local farm market or some butchery. As for money spent, probably around 40 quid a week.

I go to lidl, morrisons and my local butcher.

£1.70 for 250g of mined beef and you can ask for any size or cut of steak you want. I usually got for Popeye.

Lidl fruit and veg is the best none of this "ripen at home" pish.