BWG

I forgot the links, but here is a cool video.

youtube.com/watch?v=0C6nELzuCAI&t=50s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EMya6E5DgZc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZVeO7NRkQwo&t=3s
youtube.com/watch?v=tDwf0i_I9xM
youtube.com/watch?v=hlQGQHsl1CA
youtube.com/watch?v=5D5PB5VCCDU
youtube.com/watch?v=IJK_wU4UVw4
youtube.com/watch?v=Fk4XIpUXzTE
youtube.com/watch?v=L5ljNgP5KQY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shit thread OP, but holy fuck the video

screw you man my people will come.

This isn't Karen's work. Can't be.

How much volume do you guys do per workout?

i dunno my workouts last 2hrs plus.

Whatever volume I'm in the mood for.
But 5x15 with some supersets, light progression work and fun stuff is pretty standard for me.
I used to do stuff Lazar's way, aka the "hundreds of reps" method. Became tedious and boring once I was able to do like 300 pull ups in an hour, and it was straining ny body too much.

do planks build muscle?

There's no way he got that physique with bodyweight only... right?

I hate Karen

He did, i just recently started incorporating weights.

Without Karen these threads would have stopped ages ago you shit.

I was considering getting in shape with the Greasing the Groove technique. I just tested my push up max, it's 25. So I guess I should do 12 or 13 reps 6 times throughout the day. But at what point do you think there is diminishing gains on muscle hypertrophy?

is he natty?

Ok this looks fun. Where can I find a routine to get like this?

You''ll hit a wall in gains pretty fast.

Wait for someone to post the foundation gymnastics program.

Well, do you think it could give me a few months to a year worth of gains? I'm not auschwitz but I'm pretty skinny

more like 3 months of gains, and a muscle imbalance between the front and the back,

I was thinking of doing different variations of pushups, pullups, chinups, dips and squats. I didn't mean to imply that I was only going to do pushups

I have a question about bodyweight progressions. When progressing to different variations say elbows in pushups progressing to diamond pushups do I just completely drop elbow in pushups?

Do we just say goodbye to preceding progressions and not do them again? Or is there a place for preceding bodyweight variations? Once I make it am I just left with doing 1 arm pull ups every workout?

This guy is overhead pressing two plate and doing weighted one arm chins for reps, and then he records himself struggling to squat 374.

Bump

How do i keep from having elbow joint pain? Hurts when extended.

few months ago i started exercising on a pull-up bar
can someone post/link some rundown explaining differences in overgrip vs undergrip and the widths of grips, how they affect your exercise etc.?

If you want to do planches and levers you can't have t-rex legs

Who is Karen

Do you know what exercise causes it?

the foundation shill who usually makes these threads

if your questions don't pertain to foundation, he'll find a way to make em related to foundation

Mainly pullups.

might help

youtube.com/watch?v=EMya6E5DgZc

One elbow naturally hyperextends a bit. Other elbow is normal. In tuck planches after locking out, hyperextending elbow wants to externally rotate(supination). Normal elbow is stable and even if I try I can't externally rotate it (supinate it) in the tuck planche position. Also noticed that when standing up and doing absolutely no exercises, the hyperextending elbow can supinate significantly more and has a wider ROM than the normal elbow. My question is when doing tuck planches and other straight arm exercises, do you let the hyperextending elbow supinate or do you consciously keep it mirrored to the normal elbow?

Anyone have an answer to this?

Can wall mounted pull up / chin up bars like these be safely mounted outdoors?

mounted outdoors to what, a tree?

dude it's a fucking metal bracket, screw it to something that looks sturdy and it will stay up.

Do I lose out on gainz if I don't adjust my diet? I don't eat particularly poorly but I just keep eating like I did before starting the Reddit recommended routine because I just care about improving my fitness and learning the skill work, not just doing it for aestethics or becoming as strong and buff as possible.

No, you don't need to do old progressions. Your question comes from the fact that elbows-in push ups and diamond push ups are pretty much the same. Here is a better example. If you can do elbows-in push ups on the floor, there is no point in doing wall push ups. If you can bench 110kg, no point in benching 60 kg. You wouldn't want to bench 70kg either, nor 80kg, 90kg are acceptable if you feel really bad on that particular day, 100kg - maybe when you haven't slept enough.

To the back the back of my house, I'm a little concerned about rust

Use galvanized/ coated hardware and paint it, should be fine

Also make sure you mount it to the studs/load bearing structure

Who cares how much you can squat, when you can bust a planche out anywhere.

I'd reckon the human flag is a great party trick

>he can access the studs in his wall through the outside
is your house made of paper or sticks?

Makes sense. So to my once you get to 1 armed pull ups and push ups, you ditch 2 hands all together correct? Or is that still a poor example?

r8 my hypothetical home gym, what am I missing?

Wall Mounted Pull Up/Chin Up Bar
Wall Mounted Dip Bars
Push Up Bars
Ab Wheel

Couple resistance bands or a dip belt.

1 armed pushups are a horrible exercise, dont do those unless for showing off.
Start working pseudo planche pushups,
and towards dips+ handstand stuff for pushing

depends how bad your diet is now. Making sure you get enough fat/protein/calories is the most important

I really want to work on a weighted bodyweight variation alongside a intense bw variations for example, weighted pull-up + tuck front lever rows. But right now I'm trying to
Nail down rto dips, but I want to do them weighted.

Thanks I'll get a dip belt, not a bad suggestion

>I wish they made something so I can locate the studs on my house so I can mount my heavy ass framed paintings and pullup bar in a way that doesn't fuck up my walls

After being lazy for a couple years I've decided to start doing calisthenics. I've been greasing the groove for pull ups. It's working, but I've noticed some wrist pains. My forearms are weak in general. Even when I lifted weights years ago they seemed weak.

A quick google tells me using a towel will fix my problem. Would it be possible or beneficial to exclusively do pull ups with towels? Should I use towels only a couple times a week? It makes pull ups difficult and I am not sure how fast my pussy hands and forearms can adapt.

I want to nail down rto dips alongside with free hspu but I'd like to do one of them weighted, Im tempted to do dumbbell press alongside free hspu because im soo autisum.

On the flip side if I keep working rto progressions I can supposedly get a Maltese. This is all in theory I've never herd of anyone doing this have you guys?

Maybe I could do rto progressions, free standing hspu work, and dumbbell press.

Sure why not, it would most definitely work on your grip, i suggest also doing this.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZVeO7NRkQwo&t=3s

The only thing that comes to mind whenever I see this picture is "THE BONES, HOW DO THEY WORK?"

So, I'm thinking about doing the first intentional deload week either this week or next.

Currently, I do pull-ups, dips, one-legged l-sits, assisted pistols, assisted inverted rows (one leg on the bar), and incline one-armed push-ups (where my arms are higher than my feet.

I know that during a deload week, you're supposed to work out but take it easy, but I'm unsure of how exactly that's supposed to look with bw exercises. Should i do the same exercises but do less reps? Should I drop down a progression (or several)?

This?

If you have to, you use easier progression you mastered for warm up
are you doing triceps work after pull ups?
hyperextension is bad, I would advice to slightly bend both arms or ditch straight arm exercises all together
I ate like I always did (maintenance), was getting minor gains, then added more protein to my diet and got more gains since
are wall mounted dip bars straight or at an angle to the wall? do you have enough room for muscle ups?

Deload week is around half the reps you did, same amount of sets, so if you did 4x10 then you deload with 4x5

Does exercise build muscle?
I love Karen but he's an obnoxious know it all cunt

Cool, thanks! I think that I'll do my first intentional deload this week.

Different user, why are they bad? On that same note would you consider archer push-ups bad as well? If so, why?

not the same user, but one arm push ups require bad form for balance, archer push ups are for chest and you can use proper form for them

Ok hypothetically speaking what would you do once you achieve a once arm push-up?

Is there a bodyweight exercise that works out the posteriour chain? I will start travelling, sleeping in a tent. I don't want to lose all my gains but can't find anything that would even come close to deadlifts and squats for my posteriour chain.

what book are you reading mate?

youtube.com/watch?v=tDwf0i_I9xM

hows my form pussy?

youtube.com/watch?v=hlQGQHsl1CA

will have access to any weights?

A towel will just put more pressure on your forearms.

Overcoming gravity edition 2

So the balancing act itself, or rather the adaption for balance, causes bad/improper form?
Dunno, showing off? Isn't the whole point of push-ups to prepare and strenghten for more complex forms? I just assumed it's the "next step" in increasing the strength of muscles used.

I won't have access to any weights. Only my gf. I thought about front squatting her, but she won't be heavy enough, especially after few weeks of travelling.

do you have access to parallel bars?

You could work on arch-ups, and v-ups. If you want you could front squat your gf for 20+ reps work that work capacity. Do some sort of circuit like 30seconds of arch-ups, v-ups, and gf squats. I dunno just get creative.

It's not that bad of an option, but archer push-ups are probably a better option, an even better option would be planche lean push-ups.

youtube.com/watch?v=5D5PB5VCCDU

youtube.com/watch?v=IJK_wU4UVw4

IMo if you have parallel bars or rings, ring dip progressions are even better due to simplicity.

Please give me some critique or a green light on the following routine:

Monday: Natural Glute-Ham Raise (nGHR), One-legged Pistol squats.
Tuesday: Dips, Pull ups.
Wednesday: Natural Glute-Ham Raise.
Thursday: One-Legged Pistol squats.
Friday: Natural Glute-Ham raise, Pull ups, Dips.

Not really, my "gym" is literally just shit lying around at home. My pull-up bar is a freestanding part of the building's construction, my "rings" are old judo belts tied in a sling that are fixed to the ceiling and for dips i use either 2 chairs or the stairway rail, based on desired width.

Aren't V ups a backsnapping exercise, other than working the abs and not really the posteriour chain?

Same as me. I do Natural Glute-Ham raises for hamstrings and the posterior chain

You really want to master GHR don't yah
?

pistol squats is not enough. add something like shrimp squats and hill sprints to it

Yes. I was only wondering if this would be too much exercise for one week.

A strong core will benefit anyone in the long run, tuck Vups are a safer option

youtube.com/watch?v=Fk4XIpUXzTE

As long as you do ab work without spinal flexion you'll be fine. Another option is the single leg bridge/legcurl

As well as planks.

i mean if you want to master the ghr, doing it 3 times a week is not a bad idea. id say for balance do pistol squats twice a week, depending if youve mastered pistols you can maybe move on to a more difficult progression. It's that bad of a set up, but without further info i can't tell you more.

>pistol squats is not enough
Read that as "pistol squats is enough"
I'll add Hill sprints and Shrimp squats alternating on a weekly basis.

I did 2 sets of 7 reps and 1 set of 5 reps of Pistol Squats this morning

Doing exercises for that vertical jump, not just to look good. And I've noticed the biggest increase in vertical from doing Pistol Squats and especially GHRs

3x10 or 5x6 solid and controlled, and then id say move on.

>elbow flaring
try again :)

Looks like a really good plan, thanks. Perhaps adding some weight will be good idea or even doing Pistol Squats with hands behind the back.

I can do 3-5 for sets. Albeit I can't really go down that slowly, but then I'm taller than you.

Hey I'm a newfag. Where should I incorporate bicep curls into my workout? I'm not asking out of vanity I just assume that bicep curls will play a part in preventing injury and making things easier?

I've decided to also incorporate some shoulder work in the way of Handstand Push Ups.

I do curls the same day I do dips

Here's what the updated routine looks like. I'm still thinking this might be too much for the body to recover from, opinion please.

Monday: Natural Glute-Ham Raise (nGHR), One-legged Pistol squats, OHP (HSPU).
Tuesday: Dips, Pull ups, Inverted Rows.
Wednesday: Natural Glute-Ham Raise.
Thursday: One-Legged Pistol squats, OHP (HSPU).
Friday: Natural Glute-Ham raise, Pull ups, Dips, Inverted Rows.

Perhaps I should drop inverted rows completely?