Physiological Tricks

Human muscles are capable of extending up to 3 times more forcefully than they ever actually do. The only reason they stay at the 1/3 limit is due to safeguards in the brain. If a muscle were to fully activate, it would break our bones and rip off tendons. These limits built into the brain cannot be overcome.

...UNLESS the person has adrenaline in their system. Adrenaline tells the brain it needs to operate at full potential. The brain will then allow the muscles to achieve amazing feats of strength, while risking possible self-injury. But when you're about to be attacked by a bear, being able to kill it means that a broken arm is worth it.

Additionally, the drug PCP is also able to remove these restrictions. That means that many users end up injuring themselves, and yes, even breaking their own bones.

What other quirks and tricks do you know of that our bodies are capable of?

scientificbrains.com/3-scientific-facts-that-prove-that-muscular-limits-is-purely-psychological/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FMsZvMw0uIk&ab_channel=TheWorldsStrongestMan
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if that were actually true someone would've tried it already for weightlifting/pl/strongman

it is true. But there is no way (that i know of) to get adrenaline into the system besides a life or death situation. Pop is very dangerous and all the time videos on youtube people high on PCP fighting with cops it takes 4-6 to fight a dyel manlet Mexican

Isn't that part of why there are drug tests etc?
Also.. Never heard of extreme feats of strength under duress?
Like a house mom lifting a Buick to save her kid.

Tummo meditation is pretty cool.
Its meditation that takes advantage of the ability raise your body temperature to survive the cold.

Can it alter muscle use?
Even going from 1/3rd to 1/2 would be an absurd gain.

I heard that listening to music you enjoy can make you up to twice as resistant to pain. So can holding money apparently, even if you know you cant keep it.

biggest bullshit I've ever heard

>if something was possible then someone would have done it already
Literally loser thinking.

I seriously doubt it's 3x

The music I could see as helping.
The money I'm not so sure.

> two people going for a jog
> one has an iPod
> one has a fist of $20's
> taking bets on who gets mugged

>Like a house mom lifting a Buick to save her kid

That means that a house mom has 1/3 the strength to lift a Buick, which is itself bullshit. A lot of those reports come from people who just experienced great trauma and probably have no clue what actually happened.

I think they used electric shocks to test it or something. Also I imagine the effect money has is proportionate to how much its worth.

How much would you need to lift to get a buick a bit off the ground?

so technically speaking, what if you were to strengthen your bones through diet and exercise, but also your tendons. Could you get to 1.5x?

There is a family in america that has bones that are three times denser than usual. The only reason this was discovered was because a couple members of the family survived being hit by cars repeatedly.

The potential.
I would alter my DNA to steal that bit.

You don't need to lift the weight of the whole car in that example. You only need to lift one end a few inches.

>powerlifting
>drug tests
pick one

In the scenario that you need to move it like 4 inches to pull a body out, factoring in the lever action of the ground, it'd probably be at least 1000 pounds, more if you grab it from the front and have to lift the engine as well.

probably. shit dude meditation is all about breaking down mental barriers so being able to trigger that would be do able

That still is a fuckton of weight. We're talking about cars here, not your moped.

Meditation is about selling books and seminars to yuppies.

>tfw you will never have myostatin-related muscle hypertrophy

Clearly we need to add a Buick lifting segment to strong man competitions to settle this.

We also only use 10% of our brains. Imagine how smart we'd be if the chains came off.

This.

Plus meditations
Plus dense bones

Hulk Smash in the near future through genetics.

I mean, there's a reason why in shit like Fast and Furious movies they show a Vin Diesel or The Rock type lifting a car up a few inches to show that the character is supernaturally strong.

How about a shot of adrenaline?
They jam those straight into your chest sometimes when you go into cardiac arrest.
I guess you could use them out of those situations too?
Would probably be dangerous though

That myth is from a pseudo science quack and has been disproven for longer than most denizens of this board have been alive.

Those epi pens ain't huge either. You could probably sneak a quick hit at a meet before a big lift pretty easily. Just compress the device down to finger prick size.

Fuck what is the possibility of members of your family being repeatedly hit by cars? Was the family also inbred retards?

Same goes for this "you only use 33% of your muscles" shit. The real number is probably more like 80% but normies want to think they could outlift world record holders given the right conditions.

The only times I've heard about cars actually being lifted is when the people lift them from the back, so away from the engine block. And since the whole thing is on a lever (the car itself being the lever, the front wheels being the point of fulcrum), the pressure you have to apply is significantly less.

Here is a video of Pudzianowski lifting a car 11 times with excellent gripping applied thanks to the bar they've attached to the car (only 10 reps counted because he dropped the bar on the last one). So it's certainly possible for a regular human being to do it once if Pudz can do it 11 fucking times.

youtube.com/watch?v=FMsZvMw0uIk&ab_channel=TheWorldsStrongestMan

What would you bet that they aren't doing this right now

dang you found me out and I was going to give everyone a great deal of 20% off on the book meditation for ape strength on amazon.

No, they were spread out across the entire country even. It was some dude and his grandad who got hit and in different parts of the country. A doctor noticed his weird bones and compared them to some other guy he heard about with weird bones and discovered by chance that they were related.

There was a dude in Virginia who got hit by lightning 7 times and survived them all.

Dude needs to lower his iron intake and stay the fuck out of cornfields.

you can end up breaking you own bones and even back during seizures too