All these people on Veeky Forums critiquing bodies with

>all these people on Veeky Forums critiquing bodies with
>do more core work

Do you fuckers even realize that abdominal definition is ENTIRELY up to bodyfat percentage?

Pic related, these two cores were not built on crunches, plank and leg raises, they were built on a solid diet.

Why do people continue to push this obvious and scientifically demonstrable falsehood?

Work your abdominals for STRENGTH

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AwmBOFjXKdg
youtube.com/watch?v=44ScXWFaVBs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BF% is the defining factor for having visible abs, but doing core work affects the aesthetics and level of development of your abs. If you have two people at the same BF%, one doing regular core work and the other doing none, their abs will look different.

I see you fell for the Veeky Forums memes.

Kill yourself. Ab work is essential no matter what. Ab work is strength work. Lazy piece of shit.

no, they wont look different

Retard, kys

so why do skellies have such shitty ab muscles then?

did you not read the last sentence of my post you ADHD fuck?

>This is what people actually believe

I bet you also think doing squats will give you developed outer abdominals

i base my belief on scientific evidence

you base it on weak anecdotal assumptions

Lol Front Squats gave me my abs

this implies that working a muscle has no affect on its size or definition, which is demonstrably false.

abs are already worked to the point of maximum possible natty hypertrophy simply by keeping you stable throughout the day, every day

Yeah, look at the super well defined abs on these guys.

you sure showed that scientific evidence didnt you, boy

>anecdotal evidence

are you retarded?

you do realise muscles shrink due to malnutrition?

a claim made without evidence, etc

Woah woah woah. Muscle shrinkage? Malnutrition? OP told me that abdominal definition is ENTIRELY up to bodyfat percentage. What are these other variables you're throwing in here?

Bodyfat dictates if your abs are visible or not. Ab work dictates if they look good or not.

If the ab muscles can vanish when you starve then they can also look like shit when you don't train them.

your abs are constantly working just to keep you upright

Holy shit I can't believe there are retards that still believe this kek

youtube.com/watch?v=AwmBOFjXKdg

>fake natty

This is such a dumb statement. If you're standing up your legs are constantly working to keep you upright, but squatting 400 lbs works them a lot harder. Your back muscles work as much as your core to keep your torso upright but deadlifting works them a lot harder. Similarly working your abs hard in the gym is in another realm of work than just keeping you upright.

Nigga compare a bodybuilder to a marathon runner. They're both super lean. Why do their abs look different? One trains their core, the other doesn't.

core strength is crucial to maintain strength during deadlifts and squats, and sustaining long-term back health

i had my best abs when i didn't do core, but also crippling bouts of back pain

just because core doesn't provide definition doesn't mean it isn't important

because bodybuilders are on steroids and probably hgh

So what you're saying is using targeted exercises to grow abdominal muscles affects how they look? And that body fat percentage alone doesn't dictate abdominal aesthetics? And that to look like OP's pic you need both low body fat and dedicated core work?

Are you an intellectually narcissistic no-brain fucking retard?

Spending an entire hour on ab work, endurance and stamina and speed and power and strength, are all strength work.

It doesn't fucking matter what you eat as long as it isn't poison and you're doing the work.

Having a core wrapped in steel fiber and blocks comes from a shit ton of ab work, even if you eat 5000 calories a day, you'll get abs if you do the work.

Michael Phelps eats 9000 calories for god's sake, filled with bacon and pancakes and sugar and junk food as much as nutrient rich shit.

Go fuck yourself.

Fuck off with your retarded bullshit trying to mislead newbies

Your abs are a muscle, of you work it, it gets bigger, just like any other muscle.

I used to never work abs and didn't have them even at low body fat, then I started doing direct ab work, and lo and behold my abs started showing even when I'm bulking.

What are some good exercises I can do so that when I get rid of my belly fat I have definition? So far I do crunches, lying leg raises and russian twists.

You're full of shit. Every advancement in engineering has been through tinkering around, not by bullshit scientists. So who the fuck do you think will engineer a better body? Your weak science cucked pussy bitch self or someone with actual ingenuity?

Spot-reduction training doesn't work. You may as well work everything to accelerate fat metabolism.

This is a troll thread.

I don't think he's talking about spot reduction. He's looking for exercises that will improve definition when he has a lower BF% overall.

Sprinting is all you need. Since I started doing sprints a couple months ago my bf% went from 15 to 8. It works muscles including abs too cause they're fast twitch fibers.

Full body work that engages the core the entire time. Gymnastics, calisthenics, combat training (hit something, shadow box/kick, footwork, etc), anything that engages as many muscles as possible as hard as possible. Get a sledgehammer or something long and heavy and just learn to carry it around and hold it at different angles, then swing it around and shadow fight with it. Do a shit ton of core. The more you train with shit that engages the core, the better. Don't focus on a handful of exercises, go for intensity and weight and disadvantageous leverages.

Where do you go to sprint without looking like a sperg? My gym has treadmills which won't do, and being in a city there are no tracks or sports fields around.

>appeal to nature fallacy

kek, yet 8/8 he's still getting everyone to reply

I've started adding Antranik's bodyline drills to my warmup. Only takes ~6 minutes and I've already noticed results in a few weeks (and fuckkk my abs were sore the first few times)

youtube.com/watch?v=44ScXWFaVBs

desu I don't get how that guy isn't more jacked, he's strong af, his handstand progression and tips are godly

I'm losing weight fine and I have a whole body routine but I want to add in more focus work on my abs. I've got nowhere I can swing a sledgehammer without having the fuzz descend or getting stabbed (I live on a crack-street)

Can you sprint effectively on a treadmill? I've started using one and its pretty fun, I'm currently doing intervals of a minute at 3mph and then 7mph for 20 minutes, I figure that'll help me build endurance (on top of rowing, elliptical and the treadmaster)

>lower body fat lets you see the muscles underneath more clearly
>if you stress a muscle by working out, it grows bigger
>your abdomen is a muscle
it's not complicated

Do you follow a routine?

How did you go about building up to that, seeing how long you could hold a plank until you hit a minute? I'm not very strong at the moment, I'll give it a try but I doubt I can hold each position for a minute at the moment.

I fucking hate when faggots say "core" and I feel like it's become more prevalent with summer.
"Core" makes you sound DYEL as fuck

I was already in pretty good shape when I started, so it only took me about a week to get used to 1 minute planks (although I'm only at 45s for the side planks still).

Don't worry about doing the full minute for now, just do it as long as you can and rest for the rest of the minute. Just focus on making progress and you'll be at a full minute before you know it.

baited

Ok, thank you, I'll start doing it later today.

Weak b8 m8.

But can we have a serious discussion about obliques? I feel that too many people these days purposefully neglect their obliques in a quest for an easy v taper. This is pure laziness. You've just gotta hit those lats harder boys.

No problem, good luck user, we're all gonna make it

Also, what are your favorite oblique exercises? I rotate between overhead carries and side bends every few months myself.

>bureaucracy of truth
It's factually true that pretty much every advancement in engineering was by engineers working with what already existed, tinkering around trying to innovate, and discovering something new. Scientists then help define and model what exactly was done by the engineers.

>I was already in pretty good shape

Huh? 1 minute isn't long at all... if you said 10 minutes the statement would make sense. Personally I think an hour is actually strong, vs 10 minutes which is just strong to the average person.

I use this 5 ft piece of metal (18 lbs vs a 12 lb sledge hammer) inside, just learning how to tense my muscles and move this piece of shit as if it was 1 lb. It's about making the weight look weightless, feel weightless, because you're in control of the weight.
If you can use a 1lb bamboo stick indoors you can use an 18 lb piece of metal indoors. Swinging overhead is unnecessary until you've improved enough. Learn to move it like it's light and you won't look like a pushover anyway.
Also... just learn to move. The whole point of the core is strength in every position, angle, movement. Gain agility and power in every movement possible, every position possible. Spherical strength I like to call it. Stop breaking it all down with the most linear and obtuse methods, you have to integrate contradictions to grow.

Combat and gymnastics will serve you best. You don't have to understand much more than that, you don't even need to look anything up, just perform what looks like combat and gymnastics training and wise up.