twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The south lost tho

what's her name bros?

I lift so we still remember

Me and Mr. God are gonna get swole

>be an alcoholic
>get position due to family connections
>lose so many men
>cause your nation to lose even having more than double the industrial capacity of your enemies

You're idiolizing a literal moron

Brother

Why Robert E. Lee?
I lift for myself. My wife is lazy and while she hasnt gained any weight after 4 years of marriage I can't help but feel its just a bomb waiting to go off so lifting for her is out of the question.

I lift for the superior general.

If only that were a picture of Hegel

he needs to come back to us and finish the job

Can't run from the truth

The super lame pepe the frog meme and Milos are ideal characters to demonstrate the utter disaster that is conservatism in this country.

>sand weights
I fucking know that home-gym feel.

the qt in my uni program who I won't see again till September

I never learned his name

Her name was Lilly

She dumped me
Got married 2 years later
Has a few kids
She actually married a manlet

I've been alone ever since
Its been 8 years

I'm almost 30 and don't actually think about her anymore but will never forgive myself for fucking that up...........

she was smarter than me and had to move on with life, she couldn't wait for me to become a man in my early 20s since she really wanted kids...

Frankly, I'm happy for her, I wasn't really the man for her anyway

I lift to be the humungus.

I like your style

The King demands reps.
I gladly oblige.

But... The Confederates were literally as anti-American as the come.

if they won the union would be considered un-american

Can women lift for men?

Ashley

If they won, then America would have ceased to exist.

E Pluribum Unum, remember?
The moment they seceded, they became categorical enemies of the United States.
This isn't a "victor writes history" moment.
It's the fact that their very nature contradicts the basic principle of the UNITED States.

Joe Pesci

I've been lifting to climb all the trees that I couldn't when I was a fat kid. I'm too much of a loner to get laid and I always say something creepy when I try to make new friends. I'm hoping that I can regularly climb trees and one day be able to leap from tree to tree like a real monkey. Until then I'll just stick to one tree at a time though.

>The Confederate States of AMERICA
>somehow un-American
If anything they represented a more traditional and unchanging America, wether you personally agree with their ideology or not

Have you read anything that the Founding Father's wrote?
Half were anti-slavery on basis.
Most weren't even Christian.

They absolute do not and did not represent an "original" America.

Also, America is just a place.
American is short hand for "Of the United States of America"
It's an unfortunate thing that there is no easy demonym for that, but here we are anyways

They also represented the downfall of the United States. ">muh culture" doesn't matter if the union is fractured into multiple, weak countries. Had the Confederate succeeded, the United States would be on par with those Latin American shitholes.

Stop being fucking stupid. If the Union didn't want those fucks to leave they should have addressed the slavery issue a long time before.

they saw America as a Nation, not a Country, and that is an important distinction.
A Nation carries connotations of a distinct People, an Anglo-Saxon Christian country, which ideology and governments regardless, they will always be that identity.
They were American, not Citizens of the United States of America.

Hell yeah. Fuck the South. Burn it all down and get swole bending rail ties.

ahhh yes, the rare skellyfat mode

will they?

Now you begin to understand why Buchanan is considered the worst president of all time.
He sat there and did nothing with the South got all uppity about "muh slaves" and "muh economy inequality".

I lift for my waifu Blanc

Do you feel good about it now? Are you convinced you did the right thing?

Myself because I'm not a cuck

>Are you convinced you did the right thing?
A bunch of land owning, educated, rich white men sending a bunch of poor uneducated farmers to die so they don't have to pay blacks a nickel a day

>Anglo-Saxon Christian country
Hmm... No. Not really.
Like I said, most of them were Deist, not Christian.
And the early days of the Republic was defined by NOT being British.

The Founding Fathers wanted to create a New Roman Republic.
That was their goal.
They knew their history and created the first true Republic since Rome.

They idolized the Roman idea of the "farmer soldier". Cincinnatus was their hero.
That's why Cincinnati was founded in 1788.

The Founding Fathers were a bunch of formerly British intellectuals who decided the could make a new nation from scratch based Roman lessons.
No military to abuse.
No central city.

That was going to be America.

Of course, it didn't last. But the intention was there

That's an oversimplification. Up until the Civil War, the main factions in politics were the Federalists and Anti-Federalists (different parties came and went representing both sides of the debate.) The question was whether the states operated at the will of the federal government, or if the federal government operated at the will of the states. For example, Thomas Jefferson was an anti-federalist. Alexander Hamilton was a federalist. It was an ideological split between the founding fathers.

This split boiled up into the Civil War; with the Confederacy believing in anti-federalist ideals, and the Union, federalist. Since the Union won, we've been living in a "federalist" USA since then. Federal rulings trump state law.

Now the main ideological divide is how 'big' or 'small' the federal government can be.

The fact that modern problems exist doesn't invalidate past decisions.

No one thought that things would be perfect forever.

Also, Lincoln was a proponent of Liberia

>A Nation carries connotations of a distinct People, an Anglo-Saxon Christian
read the Treaty of Tripoli

an act of congress made all confederate soldiers honorary US vets so technically they were on the losing side and the winning side.

Except Republicans also voted for the right to Worker's Strikes, so that's not gonna pan out
Stop pretending you're anti-black when the Republicans were Grade A niggerlovers. It's silly.

>Like I said, most of them were Deist, not Christian.
That's not representative of the population though.
Furthermore, Romans were very conscious of being Roman, you were only a Roman Citizen if you were born in Rome itself for the longest time.
They also owned slaves :^)

this is why i lift
not because of ivanka
but because the kikes took ivanka from us.she should be /our gal/ in the oval office right now
i lift to make sure that the kikes pay for that injustice.

are you replying to the right user, I was making the case on how retarded the civil war was

You seemed to be defending the Union by the nature of your post

>They also owned slaves :^)
roman slaves could earn their citizenship

>"the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."
And this is where the distinction between Government and Nation comes in.

>They knew their history
What history?

Why germanics are so obssesed with the people they raped and destroyed?

Fucking pathetic pigskin

I hate them so much

Muh republic
Muh rome

Fair enough, chattel slavery is different than slavery of Antiquity

>Why were Romans so obsessed with the Greece they raped destroyed?

>That's not representative of the population though.
So? We're talking about the "Idea" of America.
And that comes down to the intent of its creators.

Also, Roman slavery was nothing like future slavery.
The more accurate term would be "indentured servitude". Roman slaves could earn their freedom and their children would have no stigma attached to them.

Yes, being a Roman citizen was the most important value of all, but that was what the American Founding Fathers wanted. Being an AMERICAN meant everything. Just like being a Roman. The envisaged a broad new Rome. Not just a single city, but a whole continent of farmer soldiers.

a Nation isn't created, it is inherent to an ethnicity
a Government is created
>na·tion
ˈnāSH(ə)n/Submit
noun
>gov·ern·ment
ˈɡəvər(n)mənt/Submit
noun
the governing body of a nation, state, or community.
a large aggregate of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language, inhabiting a particular country or territory.

Except they didnt

They did that with carthage, i hate them for that

They deserve what happened to them, being wiped out by germanics

>a large aggregate of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language, inhabiting a particular country or territory.

You do know that everyone in the US came from wildly different parts of Europe and had no real shared history/culture?

What does a Brit and a Dutchman have in common? Or even the various Christian sects in the US?

Go back to /pol/.

A nation is created.

If you don't believe it, look at the difference between Americans and Canadians.

There was a nation created for Americans. And the power of that creating act is still very strong today.
To be an American means things. There are historical and mythological figures in America.
Washington, Franklin, Lincoln, Teddy.
These are larger than life people.

If you think nations can't be created, then why is Canada so different?
Canada has no cultural figures. It has no identity, despite coming from the same stock.

Being an AMERICAN means something.
Or at least it used to.
I'm with Teddy on this one
>In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American … There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Goths were huge Romaboos, the sad thing is that it was when Justinian tried to retake Italia, and kicked the Goth's teeth in, a plague immediately followed which fucked any chance of the ERE preserving Rome.
Then the Vandals, the real snowniggers, came in and that was the real death of it.

That of course didn't stop the Franks from becoming King of the Romans, and Anglo-Saxon kings make pilgrimages to Rome and learning Latin, along with them all converting to the Roman Catholic Church and leaving their Germanic ethnic religion.

Germanic Europe continues Rome about as much as Roman Europe continued Greece.

The Roman "right" was obsessed with Carthage.
Cato the Elder, a huge hypocrite, was the one who pushed the issue.
Do you know why?
Because Carthaginian olive oil was competing with his own olive oil sales.
>Carthago delenda est
Because it cost him money.
The Third Punic War was no different than Gulf War 2.

And yeah, the Romans did "obsess" about the Greeks.
But they also improved themselves over them.

I lift for my niggas in the STEM field

>You do know that everyone in the US came from wildly different parts of Europe and had no real shared history/culture?
yeah, about 1840-60 when the North started importing them en-masse

the modern South is still overwhelmingly Anglo-Saxon today while the Midwest and North are all an Irish-German-Italian-British mix

I fucked a chick who was related to this lad. 10/10 was thinking about my boy Robert the whole time.

I love her so much

jerk off to him too?

Justinian came way later after the Vandals, by the way.

But you're right. The Goths wanted in on the sweet Roman goodness.
They were fleeing the Scourge of God who could not be stopped (except by the Romans).

If you want a lesson about the Goths, it's that immigrants can fuck you. If you let them and don't assimilate them.

The Romans assimilated very many peoples over the years. They were good at it.
When the Goths came barging in, it was the Valentinian dynasty that fucked everything up by not enforcing their normal assimilatory techniques.

>Germanic Europe continues Rome
They didnt, different customs, different laws and different mentality

Germanics are very ignorant and think they are right all the time

All germanics tribes didnt like rome, germanic soldiers under roman rule helped their brothers to raid and invaded roman empire

>>cause your nation to lose even having more than double the industrial capacity of your enemies
nice meme

many argue that the ethnic difference between Anglo Canadians and Anglo Americans is non-existent, our religions and languages are barely different, less so than British and American English for instance.

You're basically saying that we don't have any identity, but Teddy argues for ethnic assimilation, he never argued that being American was on virtue of citizenship alone, but in what we speak, believe, and do.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_ancestry
We could argue that we are different than Anglo-Saxons, but if so, we are simply a continuation of them, like Anglo-Saxons from the Common Germanic people.

>Romans assimilated very many peoples over the years. They were good at it
Yeah, they arent different from greeks in that part

They loved to impose their culture and language

Why?

Just look at Iranians, iranians just asked for a tax and you are good
They knew carthage is a huge rival for them

Difference is carthage used mercenaries and that is why they got fucked up

>They were fleeing the Scourge of God who could not be stopped (except by the Romans).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Nedao
?
Goths are way underated IMO

>They didnt, different customs, different laws and different mentality
>Germanics are very ignorant and think they are right all the time
>All germanics tribes didnt like rome, germanic soldiers under roman rule helped their brothers to raid and invaded roman empire
and Rome wasn't an exact copy-paste of Greece either

Daniel

I reached a point where I looked like the stereotypical weeaboo, and when I realized that, I didn't want to be that image and enjoy anime without feeling like a real piece of shit.

At the end of the day I'm unironically lifting for my waifu.

if you get jacked enough you can start doing JoJo poses

Is that a fucking jojo reference.

she's a literal butterface

Sasha

I'm too much of a coward to even speak to her in person

No

your point, lad?

>welcome to Veeky Forums where a thread about one mans husbando causes a thread to evolve into a civil discussion on the discourse of 19th century and 1st century history

That Rome warred against Greece, but they still continued them.

I wouldn't have it any other way

well yeah but they didnt destroy their cities or libraries

Not all Germanics tribes were Norse or Vandals, Goths and Franks were huge Romaboos for example, they wanted to usurp Rome, not destroy it.

Everyone did.

It wasn't about being "Romanoboo"
It was about looking at the comfy Roman citizen and thinking "We want dat".

Even the Vandals just wanted to play along.
They even set up a new nation where Carthage used to be and played "We're just Romans" for a little while.

Damn right. And I lift for teddy.

Yea, we did come from different places. But now we are here. Now we're all eachother have. We're the last bastion of the Northwest european stock. Our white brothers whos forefathers fought our forefathers in europe, now stand by our side against the brown hordes. Are we gunna argue over petty shit or kick some smelly brown ass!?!!! Who's with me!!! FOURTEEN EIGHTY EIGHT

Because let's be honest. You and I don't wanna be surrounded by blacks, arab muslims, and mexicans when were 60 yrs old. We wanna be surrounded by pleasant decent whites.

Jessie

For all the milfs in the world I want to fuck

I lift for the future. i lift for the past. i lift for my people. i lift for the old gods. i lift for evropa