/plank/ thread

Why aren't you doing the GOAT ab exercise, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/want-a-stronger-core-skip-the-sit-ups
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's boring

No gains I'm too light I would have to do that shit for hours

This. The fact that I'm doing literally nothing and I'm getting tired pisses me off

You know you have to progress when you can do 1 minute, right?

is this a meme or does it works as wells as regular crunches?

It has almost no training effect on anyone who has done any amount of exercise before.

I do 60s each of plank, reverse plank, arch hold, and hollow hold 3 times per week. Takes 5 minutes, ensures decent core strength, endurance, and stability.

What's the difference between doing it with your hands on the floor versus with your elbows on the floor ?

Why the fuck are you doing ab work?

corelet detected

Same. Can't stand to just sit there. Dragon flags and/or something like pic related are much better.

AB R O L L E R
B

R

O

L

L

E

R

i do ab wheel rollouts because i am strong
but even they have become too easy :(

I watch these "meme compilation" video for short attention span people from YouTube on my smartphone while doing them.

No point. Hollow body holds are 100x better.

Corecels make me laugh. Abs are made in the kitchen retards

>not weighted plank

are you a woman who thinks she works out because she does the 30 day yoga challenge?

>Not taking taking your phone and watching glorious and supremem brian kibler videos while planking

It works very very well for middle and lower abs. And ok for top ones. Dont believe those guys who tell you this doesnt work. It just gets progressively harder the longer you plank. I.e: planking 2 minutes is 4times harder than 1min

What would be a good progression(sets,time) if I can do right now a solid plank for 1m and 20s ?

>he doesn't use an ab wheel.

What do anons do for strenthening abs? I have noticed my back starting to round on squats and deadlifts which I think may be because of weak abs. Heavy Leg raises? Ab side bends?

>A lever raise is a "Medium," Ab exercise

lol

Ab wheel
Cable crunches standing or kneeling
Wood choppers

Have fun plank cucklet

do 3 sets for 1 minute, if you can do that switch to side planks

elbows is harder, like my dick

health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/want-a-stronger-core-skip-the-sit-ups

>health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/want-a-stronger-core-skip-the-sit-ups
How about I drop a harvard study about you being a fuck boi?

do it nigger, fucking faggot shut the fuck up

But user, I do 15 min of planks a day

Isometics are garbage. Only thing doing planks improves is your ability to do planks. It only strengthens your muscles for that range of motion.

Do some crunches or something.

Front squat, ab wheel, and hyperextensions. You need to work your abs and spinal erectors+thoracic (back) in a full range of motion to have a solid core.

Because I prefer doing the static jackknife due it requiring less time to reach failure compared to the plank. Unlike this pic I keep my back off the floor.

Is it just me or does that guys back seem a bit fucked up

Did Ab roller last week for 3x12 and 4 days later I was still so sore that I wasn't able to do even one rep properly. I guess it works.