Is cycling Veeky Forums?

Just bought pic related.

/Cycling general/

Other urls found in this thread:

bikesale.com/scott-sub-cross-30-men-commuter-bike-2017.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you like gay sex then i suppose cycling is cool

Penis shrinks if you cycle a lot

Not bad. Good entry level bike especially for the price.

This is the 2nd most popular type of cycling on Veeky Forums

>some unknown fancy italian brans
>derailleur model not mentioned

probably it's shit

also check /n/

It's a good form of cardio, but a lot of insecure people on Veeky Forums feel the need to hate on it. Like they think they'll catch the gays from being around men in spandex.

Spoiler: You're on Veeky Forums, you were already gay.

Listen m8, cycling is pretty fucking gay

shimano what? sora? 105? Di2? thats a helpful ad

I don't know. It's being delivered tomorrow. Is it shit?

Isn't that saddle too low?

Did you have to buy the ugliest fucking bike ever?

useful vehicle, shitty "sport"

agreed

it's only gay if you pretend to be lance armstrong on your morning commute. smartphone handlebar mounts are also a universal sign of retardation

Yeah lol, ope retard

So is lifting if we're honest with ourselves. The point is to focus on whatever type of self improvement you like.

It's a BSO.

>it's only gay if you pretend to be lance armstrong on your morning commute.
I always wear cycling apparel on my commute. I have to change clothing anyway, might as well be slightly less sweaty and comfortable for the ride. It's not like I'm only going 5km or something. IDGAF how stupid I look.

Everyone who doesnt bike because it would make them gay probably already is.

>299 euros
>expecting anything higher than Sora/Tiagra

lol

What's wrong with that, cuck?

>Sora/Tiagra

It's 7 speed it's straight out of the fucking 80s.

Inb4 the bike that you use is the best huehuehue
Fucking Reddit cunts.

Can't get really big without it.

It's gonna fall apart in 500km but that's fine because you'll ride it twice, put it in your basement and never touch it again.

I'm not a lardo. I'm going to use it to cycle to rowing training and jujitsu and but to my granddads at the weekend. Was just hoping it wasn't a crock of shit. I didn't get the cheapest one, i went up a couple grades

Cringe.

This is about bikes not your mom. Oh, same thing maybe.

yuck, "road bikes" with triples

to be completely honest, for that price you could have gotten a much better, used bike

are those fucking rapidfire shifters

probably, you should of bought somthing used but its still a fine bike and it will pedal but theres better, use what you got, i ride bikes i find the the garbage all the time and am still faster then most people i see on the road

no way its tiagra , i dont know the conversion though, it looks like a tourney rd a low end hybrid thing

Cycling is great. Got me a dirt bike and ride it off road. It's hella zen.

Watch yourself on the road tho user. Don't want to be another bicyclebro mowed down by a vehiclenigger

Cyclists don't say no homo.

Only one type of cycling is Veeky Forums approved and it's this one.

Cycling is ok as a mean of transport or as a weekend hobby (going to ride on trails and stuff) if you're into that sort of thing.

I don't get it as a sport, unless you're some sort of a pro. Running is superior as it's cheaper and a better workout.

Plus cyclists seem to often fall into that stupid pit where they talk more about their gear than the actual riding. I hate it when people do that and certain groups seem prone to it; photography is another example.

T H I C C
H
I
C
C

Complete faggot thing to say

How the fuck is ass comfort obtained? Start hurting after 5-10min and I'm too poor to pay for a bike fit.

cycling will make you fit, youre not going to see much in the way of gains though

I want to take cycling more seriously since I only have a shitty city bike right now, I know that road bikes are better for going vroom vroom but I live in a place with a lot of trails and gravel roads that I enjoy cycling on. Will I really be held back that much by getting a hybrid now and getting a road bike later or should I just buy a sporty mountain bike and use it as a commuter when it's piss poor weather and for trail riding? I'm looking at getting something like this

bikesale.com/scott-sub-cross-30-men-commuter-bike-2017.aspx

Cycling pants have ass padding built in, either that or get one of those cushions you put on the seat

Better to get a fit/quality seat instead of padded shorts if you have to pick. I can bike for hours on mine just fine since I got it adjusted.

Honestly, but a decent seat. Women's are usually more comfortable imo

Brooks B17.

>get first job
>3k contract
>buy $1600 giant xtc 2 29er
>use twice in three years

what a waste; I cant bring myself to sell it since it's worth so much more than the asking and I would lose like $600 on it at least.

I've been thinking about selling/trading it for a road bike, but want to wait until I'm not such a massive fatass

>tfw bought a $200 CAD hybrid bike
>few issues but gets the job done
>bike to work erry day
>bike on bike path on weekends sometimes
>tfw scared to buy expensive bike because thieving fags will jack it

>buy a shitty cannondale 29er
>squats and oats

>mfw i pass roadies in their gay spandex on my way up to the trail wearing gym shorts and vans

It's a basic beginner bike. Steel frame, bottom tier components. If you're just getting started, it's alright I guess, but once you start doing 50+ miles in one day you'll want an upgrade.

Who, in the current year, still makes steel fork road bikes? Seriously, even cheapos have carbon.

Also, "Shimano rear derailleur" sounds like "yeah, it's the cheapest one, but we wouldn't say it, because you'd google it and find out"

Also, the "alloy" part is weird. Alloy of what?

So gay that it causes infertility in men, stopping them from passing on their genes. Builds quads though.

Fag-fag here - I love both!

Pls be bottom.

Post strava.

Nah bro that shit's gay - total top here

>thumb shifters
>derailleur model unknown
>no specifics on other components

You're going to regret all that. You could have gotten a much better bike for the same price. I would return it if still possible.

If not used, most bike shops have clearance sales on the older models every year. It's also a good idea to go to your local bike shop and test a few bikes before a purchase. This will give you an idea of what you want and how you ride, and if the employees are worth their salt they'll help you out. Don't worry about feeling pressured to buy anything, once you eventually do get a bike you'll have to have it serviced eventually, and probably buy supplies and gear, etc.

Low quality bikes and improper bike fit can cause knee damage and numb penis, among other issues. A proper bike may seem expensive at first, but it will last way longer than a cheap one and it will retain much more resale value.

Aww. :(

they're the board for cycling

pic?

Passing 60 year old fogies going for their weekend ride is not impressive.

Steel is an alloy. But "alloy" is better marketing. I think it makes people think, "oh, maybe they mean aluminum."

>tfw someone passes me and it looks like they are not even trying
>tfw my legs get tired after 5 minutes
>tfw been riding bikes for 15+ years

How to I go about looking for an entry level bike? Not like a mountain bike or some shit, just something that'll get me a few miles out of my house in case I need to buy milk or some shit.
Any recommended brands/models/etc.? What to watch out for so that hipsters in bike shops don't rip ome off?

Obviously I'm a cheapass but hey I'll take whatever advice you guys have, thanks

look at getting a hybrid bike

waaay better than a mountain bike but not stupid expensive as a road bike.

dont buy bikes at big stores like walmart or sportchek, canadian tire etc. Try to find a proper bike shop.

Craigslist, just get a used mountain bike, that way you can zip through grassy areas too if you have too.

Used bikes go for cheap and most people can be knocked down a few bucks too.

>going for leisurely 3 hour bike ride
>keeping even pace
>some fat fuck shoots by me
>sweating through his basketball shorts
>wearing fucking vans

I've only had 2 people pass me riding and it was at the end of my ride and they were drafting each other pretty hard. I was autistically upset and caught up to draft the second fag so I could slingshot engage around their bitch asses. They passed me again like 100m later, was to fucked to care about showing up cyclefags.

>t. ride in adidas and normie clothes

yes I sold my car to my grandma so I can get a bike instead...I don't live far from work so it's a win win for me and Gma

Bike locks and keep it inside.
Also buy the axles that need the special snowflake tool to unscrew.

>not /n/
Have you ever even been to Veeky Forums before?

this happens so much it makes me sad like what the fuck. The fat fuck looks like bowser from super mario kart

Did the ad mention how much it weighs?

speaking of cardio, I recently just left the obese range on the bmi scale, I wanted to go back to roller skating again. anyone knows if it's good cardio to loose thigh fat?

That is called a "Bike Shaped Object" or BSO for short. You just got cucked into buying the toy version of a vehicle, like buying one of those faggot vespa's instead of a Suzuki!

I don't have a cycle like this I have a mountain bike. The trail around my hose is rocky and hilly. I always see the faggot cyclists drive by and act like they're fucking lightning McQueen with their spandex. Its funny as hell when they have to dismount and I pass them on a hill

>spot reduction

I can't ride a bike last I checked. I have to settle for the stationary bike 2 hours 3 times a week while browsing Internet on phone. Hello.

>Denver?

10kg i believe or 11

I can't ride a bike without getting bored out of my mind. I prefer running

w-where am i supposed to keep my phone