If you can OHP 1 pl8, Bench 2plg, squat 3pl8, dlift 4plg...

If you can OHP 1 pl8, Bench 2plg, squat 3pl8, dlift 4plg, how much more dominant would you be in a fight compared to normies?

youtube.com/watch?v=u8olsYdigIY

it's something this board does not like to accept but gym strength =/= functional strength. an average guy on the street will not actually be significantly 'weaker' than a guy at 1/2/3/4, there won't be much in it. doing specific compound movements does increase your overall strength, but not as much as most of you like to think it does. if the average guy has even a basic understanding of self defence and the lifter does not, the lifter will lose.

>inb4 people reply with elite strongmen

don't cherrypick

also remember the average normie is also bigger and stronger than you were before you started lifting, this board is full of genetic trash that use themselves as a baseline.

If you've taken some martial arts and know how to throw a punch and a kick you'd do very well.

If you haven't, it's hard to transfer that strength from lifting into actual strength. It takes practice and if it's your first street fight you could also hurt yourself from bad form. Fighting is actually a pretty fucked up thing to do to your body, our fists weren't really meant to break and bones or anything cool.

An average guy on the street wouldn't throw a punch that does much damage, the majority have little to no knockout power.

A punch from a guy who can bench 2pl8 can literally murder you in 1 punch, or knock you out fully unconscious.

Weight would be the biggest advantage if it came to wrestling though.

you're fucking retarded, punching is 95% technique

>tfw i dodge your punch with my superior speed.

I mean 2pl8 is strong compared to the average male, the muscle is no useless weight and I'm all for strength training for martial artists. But the movement patterns you develop through lifting aren't really the explosive movements you need to punch. You can learn to use that power you gain to punch harder, but the punch of a pure lifter is certainly weaker than that of his pure boxer brother

>he thinks lmao2pl8 bench is strong

Do you know how I can tell you are a DYEL faggot?

>thinking normies on the street will have better chance of having better technique
>thinking weight has nothing to do with fights
>thinking normies will be heavier, more fit, just as strong, and more capable in fighting than a guy in the gym

boy oh boy. Why are you thinking in terms of worst case scenario instead of understanding the average person is not as strong and just as capable as a guy in the gym in terms of fighting?

>did 1pl8 OHP 2 weeks ago
>my other lifts are absolut shit
help

if 2 people are of the same level in fighting, it will come down to weight and fitness levels that becomes the deciding factor.

But the people here will just assume everyone is a trained fighter and tell you strength wont help you.

>sauce?

But you see, mommy paid for him to take Karate classes that taught him and all the women in the class that skill is all that matters in a fight, and weight doesn't matter. Because it's totally true and not at all because it's what paying customers want to hear.

Hey at least you can lift all your feels on your shoulders.

Skip OHP and supplement with bench for 3-4 weeks, but also hit incline bench on those days to keep your upper chest strong.

If you're not squatting other day, you're fucking up. This is how most athletes train and there are studies that show leg training increases test.

Deadlift once a weak but do glute ham raises on the days you squat.

You should research the Texas Method, I ran that for a month and my bench and squat shot up.

What if I'm 1/2/3/4 and I learn boxing?

If you have any fighting knowledge and experience you will win almost any fight with normies.

You can use fucking tai chi and whip an uninitiated persons ass in a second.

thanck!

Yes This is why professional athletes quit going to gyms and doing strength training and resorted to just eating and getting the physique of sumo wrestlers.

Sumo wrestlers lift weights and have a lot of muscle.

It's just they have ridiculous amount of bodyfat too.

you are right and everyone that disagrees with this guy is a fucking idiot

For what it's worth...

I can do 1/2/3/4 for at least 6 reps each. I started BJJ at the beginning of the year.

The major advantage of a higher strength level is that I don't seem to have to exert myself as much in a roll vs what somebody else has to. It also allows me to bridge the gaps in my knowledge of BJJ. In some cases, raw strength can take the place of skill/experience.

That said, I almost invariably lose to anyone who isn't a white belt, and the larger three stripe white belts can usually beat me.

I feel that unless the skilled opponent was someone significantly weaker, raw strength will rarely be enough to win a fight.

Yea I know, I was just using it as an example. They also have weight classes.

Muscles only slow you down in a REAL fight

it doesn't slow you down but it will definitely make you fatigue faster if your cardio isn't up to par.