Redpill me on Alan Thrall, Veeky Forums

Redpill me on Alan Thrall, Veeky Forums.

he gives good advice for beginners, but a lot of people on Veeky Forums seem to dislike him because of how weak he is considering he does this for a living

Just look at his physique if you need a red pill.

his recipes are good

this.

I like him. His whole gig is geared towards strongman and beginners. He also has good mobility resources. I'll watch his channel to compliment other channels like strength camp, athlean x, squat u.

What other channels are worth watching?

Literally who?

His advice is pretty good, his lifts might seem a bit meh but that is only because he is a natty in a sea of fake-natties, could do with a shave desu

>joins the marines
>doesn't take a combat role
>instead takes a job putting dead marines in the ground like a pussy

Literally a beta carrying all the dead Chad marine corpses

he can't even bench 315

i don't habeeb you

An actual natty youtube fitness guy, which is pretty damn rare. On the downside, he's not a particularly impressive natty and his advice is hit and miss.

Is 315 the new 225?

Alphadestiney eric bugenhagen and brian alsurche pic related

Rich Piano is the only answer.

bump

He's a part of the Starting Strength dogma. Why does he even try to compete if he's natty? His bench is beyond pathetic. Other than that, I think his instructional videos are fine.

I'm being 100% unironic when I say that Thrall is a complete and total meme. He hides his shit physique and mediocre strength behind his starting strength horse shit and his pseudo-masculinity centered around disgusting beards and eating chicken thighs in his bathtub. Honestly offers nothing.

For a "no-nonsense powerlifting-strongman" that weighs well over 200 pounds, yes, 315 is the 225 equivalent.

only good for the basics

omar, jonnie candito, athlean x, eric bugenhagen

>eric bugenhagen

This guy may have single handedly made me want to get a home gym.

Whats wrong with SS? The book was full of pretty good advice desu

His video on how to diddly helped me bigly

Overrated. Granted he has actually accomplished something in his life outside of lifting, but I see him a a few notches above Omar Isurf.

Why would I listen to this guy when there are a dozen better world class coaches and athletes giving information out there?

TWO AND A HALF

[SCREAMING]

HUMANS RUN ON ENERGY

The SS coaches act like it is the only routine to get strong. Everything that goes against Rippetoe's word is incorrect 100% of the time, and shouldn't even be considered.

I haven't read SS, but I have read Practical Programming.

Haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

Thanks lad

I havent read PP, but I have read SS and listened to Rippletits podcast. I would say that their info is good, and a good way for a skelly to get strong. I honestly have no clue about what coaches say, but obviously Rip is going to think his own program is the best, and I would imagine that a Starting Strength Coach is going to teach you Starting Strength, considering that their job is to coach Starting Strength.

>omar, jonnie candito, athlean x, eric bugenhagen
Nice collection of shit, pal.

>Whats wrong with SS?
This is shitty low volume program inspired by offseason strength programs for football. Also abbreviated training is bad for general folks.

>In the pursuit of a greater 1rm, many trainees forget that their real goal is to get STRONGER. They believe the 1rm to be a manifestation of strength, but quickly forget their intent and mistake the metric for the goal. This is why “beginner programs’ comprised of low volume and high frequency with low reps have become so in fashion: it allows a beginner to rapidly peak their strength and observe a very fast rise in their 1rm. However, this is also why these programs tend to stall pretty rapidly and leave a beginner in a scarcely better position than where they started. Strength was not built, it was simply realized.

>It is also for this reason that programs that actually BUILD strength are so looked down upon by beginner trainees: there is no sexy fast acceleration toward an increased 1rm. I have a confession to make; I hang out on reddit’s fitness forum and delight in recommending 5/3/1 to beginners just to watch my post get downvoted and insulted by people who have accomplished nothing in fitness. Why does this happen? Because 5/3/1 (and other programs with logical progression schemes, assistance work, sustainable progression, etc) builds strength but does not peak it. It is criticized for being “slow” because trainees fail to realize that their 1rm not rapidly accelerating is not an indication of slowly gaining strength, but instead a sign that one is actually BUILDING the strength required TO peak.

Love his voice and attitude. No homo.
Too bad he only covers the big lifts.

250 LBS
DECADES OF TRAINING
MAX BENCH PRESS OF LESS THAN 3 PLATES
GINGER NECKBEARD FAGGOT WHO WORSHIPS SQUATS AND HAS 12 INCH ARMS

CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE

CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE

CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGEg