/PLG/ - Powerlifting General

Post PR's, routines, form checks, meet results, schmexy lifts, and thicc power sluts.

Powerliftingeneral.com

>Why do women have to turn powerlifting into an opportunity to be a vain whore? They put on the tightest outfits they can and spend half their time taking pictures of their asses. It's absolutely disgusting. Men and women should have entirely separate gyms, women have proven that they are not mature enough to handle integrated ones edition

Other urls found in this thread:

diogn.es/u/163
jockey.com/catalog/product/jockey-sport-microfiber-quad-short
youtu.be/OujNnxEBnbM
youtu.be/dG1dyDaQTmw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why are you greentexting?

Lurk more newfag

>Look at my buzzwords!

But seriously, what were you quoting, mocking, or implying? Why were you greentexting?

what's the best angle to take a video of squats at? I want to post a video to check my form

From the side with the camera at hip level

what will you look like at 18?

>tripping
Opinion deposited in garbage

Anyone here pay for a coach? Who do you use and how much do they charge you? Do you find it worth it?

What does /plg/ think of this new USSF (US Strengthlifting Federation)?

Basically, bench press is replaced by standing press (The Press),
Sumo is not allowed.
There's no weigh-in: weight is taken for everyone at the very end of the meet.
All gyms participating in the meet share their results online and real time, so the meet is in remote and potentially worldwide and everyone competes with people who are not physically present.

I posted about this last night that I was considering doing the SS meet because I like Pressing more than bench but then I saw the thing about sumo

Classic starting strength smugness

I started to follow a new Powerlifting routine here:

diogn.es/u/163

what do you guys think? worth it?

i think weight out is stupid too.

also they will not allow sumo, but allow all sort of cheating in press because it's possible to get a rep in so many ways that look all different.

i think this time rippetits went too far with his memes.

I think weigh outs are retarded

What underwear does /plg/ wear during workouts?

I cant seem to find a decent comfortable damn underwear to wear during squats. always too tight either around the quads or impinging the hips.

Any suggestion?

jockey.com/catalog/product/jockey-sport-microfiber-quad-short
Not ipf but they're comfy

how about shorter than that?

have you tried underarmour briefjocks yet?

I hate summer Veeky Forums. So many estats, so many liars, so many shitty memers

Nah. I only own long leg compression underwear. I shit you not anything less than a 9in inseam will just ride up my leg and strangle my balls. I hit the genetic lottery for legs since they're massive for never having done hypertrophy training, but jeans look like garbage on me.

Weigh outs are bad. You could drunk too much water and end up fucked

I like the press for variety but it is stuck as such a small part of the total

Conventional deadlift is best deadlift

Totalled 1500 at my first meet last month. 500/355/645. Went 8/9 with a sad miss on 375 on bench just before lockout, had lots of biceps pain and the Advil and a535 wasn't enough. Hit 375 in the gym during meet prep.

Was 260 @ 6'2 at weighins, so a lazy 275er that didn't want to cut to 242.

Pic is the 645 deadlift just before lockout.

Lookin jacked

Natty?

Fuck off raffy

>tfw poverty lifts

Hi Im 76kg. My PRs are 100kg bench, 140kg squat, 150kg deadlift. I want to try nuckols program. Which among the 28 programs should I choose?

Um, men do this now too. Raw lifting is cancer.

Yes sir

>More whores on powerlifting than bodybuilding
Something is wrong with bodybuilding

Depends on how long they competed. $200 a month is reasonable for someone who competed at the international level for years and/or has athletes at that proficiency. Some online faggot with no titles or records or experience? Nothing, learn from your mistakes.

No equipment, so it's just as gay as all the other raw shit going on. Plus bench is life. Do strongman if you want to press and pull conventional.

>it is stuck as such a small part of the total
makes it completely irrelevant as a second lift.

just train lower body and you still can win #1 place overall only with squat and dl.

>doesn't even have 2x bw squat
>is he natty

Lmao

I'll say the same thing from the cbt. Your stats are garbage at that weight, find a new sport or cut to 220.

I go to a commercial gym.

This normie comes to me and asks me how come every time he sees me im always doing squat, bench or some deadlift variation.

how in the world should i behave with this people who just think i'm plain autistic for doing the same thing all over again ?

Nuckols is literally and unironically your absolute worst option.

>>doesn't even have 2x bw squat
>>is he natty

>Lmao

still he looks roiding as fuck!

>commercial gym.
>probably training by yourself.

I've met plenty of people on steroids who aren't very strong

In clothes without a pump and not in the middle of a max effort lift?
No.

Why

What do you mean why?

I'll just list 2 examples from my gym. Both guys on steroids

Guy 1, weighed 205 couldn't squat 405

Guy 2, weighed 290 and benched 335

I can bench 110kgx5

What 1rm could I realistically get?

why?

yup, so?

Are you done with your LP?
If so, do TM, but be sure to read the book

He has no credentials, experience, or influence in the sport of powerlifting.

So you're fucked.

Check the symmetric strength calculator and subtract about 3kg to be sure

275, maybe 280 lbs if your technique is solid.

>No credential
Has degree in exercise science
>No experience
755/475/725 in 242 weight class

Post the meet results.

He got world record squat 4 yrs ago. Dunno about now. youtu.be/OujNnxEBnbM

What bullshit fed gave him that? Post the fucking meet results, not a video from his own channel, Jesus.

Got 120 fairly easily but called it there. I think I've got 125 at least if I was feeling better

TM is only good for squats. Thats why I want to try nuckols program.

Nuckols is a squatter. His bench is like class 2

Even if it is, its bench programming is still better than TM.

If you think its no good then what program should I run? Dont suggest TM pls.

Smolov jr

At 5'9'' what is my ideal body weight as a powerlifter? I'm currently hovering at or below 75kg.

But then I'd be fat user. what's your rationale

No you won't you twink

Not if you put on the weight as muscle

Well then, withdrawn.

Also, don't women have Curves?

Weigh-outs are retarded. Everything else is pretty choice.

Cotton briefs from Wal-Mart. I have to serious doubts about your choice in underwear, squat form, and mental stability that this is a problem for you.

>meme weight classes

What he means to say is 93kg/205lbs

Take it from a guy who's 5'10''. You won't be fat until you're in the 105 kg weight class.

Cuckols has never and will never have any world records.

What it means if I always get severe spike of depression in summer? Is it because the year is half over and I have achieved absolutely nothing and still live for absolutely nothing?

Islet has never and will never have any world records.

>mfw I remember the fact that gorge literally and completely unironically won a medal at world's once
I mean what the fuck

Hey Isley, do you think rubets and the ukrainian dream team will get busted soon? I mean this shit is ridiculous
youtu.be/dG1dyDaQTmw

When?

Salo, finished dead last, still won a bronze for deadlift (thank you monkey arms of peace)

>Is it because the year is half over and I have achieved absolutely nothing and still live for absolutely nothing?
very likely

get youru shit together my man

The medals are meaningless. He holds zero records.

what is there to achieve?

set goals strive to achieve goals

im in a similiar boat I know what youre talking about without setting goals I drift off into depression because everything becomes meaningless

One of the reasons I also train in this memesport, helps me remain sane

can't think of anything worthwhile Tbh Tbh

All I really wanna do is be a pirate or afghan warlord or some shit

even if it sucks, at least it exponentially increases my chance of getting shot in the head before I turn 30

OOOOOH FUCK!!!!

LOTS OF NORMAN KHAN IS SPILLING OUT OF MY BUTTHOLE INTO THE TOILET

THIS TOILET IS FUCKING PACKED WITH NORMAN KHAN IT IS EXCEEDING MAXIMUM CAPACITY

REFUGEE BOATS ARENT EVEN THIS CRAMMED

MY GOD

SO STINKY AND SMELLY

Noice.

Think I'm developing some kind of anxiety shit too Tbh Tbh, can't sleep, heart races for no reason, stressed out and scared all the time, can't look people in the eye not even checkout clerks at the grocery store, haven't gone to the gym in a little over a week

Anyone her 10-12 % at all times? How are your lifts progressing?

I have £10 and I can't decide if I get a haircut or if I buy some food!

>can't even look checkout clerks at the grocery store in the eye
>wants to be a pirate or afghan warlord

>That 418.5kg squat with the obvious reverse of bar direction got white lights

This is why the IPF is a lolfed

yeah I don't know why I'm stressed for no reason, it's unusual, like my resting heart rate is legitimately abnormally high and my hands shake

maybe I've got a brain tumor or something, secreting all dat dere cortisol, probably why I feel tired as shit all day

It depends how corrupt the ipf and gaston is.

So no. But it's truly insane. It's way better than ed coan.

The reason we are seeing more talented lifters like that guy, Bryce and even Kermit is due to the rising popularity of the sport, not steroids.

If unauthorized poop is spilling out of your butthole you should really go see a doctor

Correct and I don't care

Powerlifting was in a different age then, two years ago.

Bryce and kermit and Filip Yeah sure whatever

Anyone from Ukraine Russia or Kazakhstan is definitely on. Poland and Algeria too.

Why would they do that? Why would they cheat?
I don't believe they would.

>inb4 some racist / xenophobic rant

Why would they cheat? Because their coaches tell them to. Why do their coaches cheat? Because they don't have good enough athletes to beat us athletes clean.

Woah are you implying Ukraine and Russia are cheaters? Woah woah woah calm it with your racist, bigoted, xenophobic comments, thanks.

I'm not implying. I'm stating.

I just realised this is Esmeralda

enjoy prison

must be the fact that she covered the nose

its astonishing how little recognition he gets in the yt/instagram powerlifting world and I bet thats because he is an equipped lifter. The whole equipped scene is really way behind raw in terms of online presence. There are countless videos about raw technique but I have never seen one about squatting in a suit. Is it really true what I heard once from Blaine Sumner, that the equipped lifters still have that
>muh secret technique
mindset?

lel rubets is in a whole other dimension of talentchadery than kermit, bryce or fil