What the fuck was his problem?

What the fuck was his problem?

He thought that the problems plaguing the Roman Republic were limited to corrupt individuals, and not institutional. If he could burn out the discordant elements, everything could go back to the way they were before.

He thought he was better than everyone around him. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on your stance about the republic he was absolutely right thinking that.

he didn't do nuffin, mr "muh 7th consulship" caused everything, it was self defense

Sulla is one of those historical figures that are easy to hate due to what their actions latter caused, but when i analyze his situation and decision making in each circumstance i realize i probably would have done tha same as he did.

Nose cancer?

He just wanted his Mithridates command

HIS COMMAND WAS ILLEGALY

S T O L E N

You would have gotten btfo by my boi

He wanted to be the very best, that noone ever was.

kino pokechart

Alpha Sapphire X and Moon are good fgt

No.

Marius

Why did nobody had noses back then??

Also his problem was that old man Marius completely lost it. Sure Sulla was very harsh in his retaliation but he really had little choice. It was either a full on purge or just looking over his shoulder for assassin's and the next civil war for the rest of his life.

they are destroyed easily. yeah fuck marius

Gaius Marius, the populares, and insatiable lust for boypucci. Poor Sulla and Metrobius.
>"It was this laxity, as it seems, which produced in him [Sulla] a diseased propensity to amorous indulgence and an unrestrained voluptuousness, from which he did not refrain even in his old age, but continued his youthful love for Metrobius, an actor."

Threadly reminder that there is no archeological evidence for Chaeronea and Orchomenus and were invented so Sulla could claim victory before his swift return.

>Both were invented by Sulla
Both appear in historical texts dating back well before Sulla's lifetime ya nonce

B2W2 should be in a higher tier but otherwise this is correct

... How do you have historical evidence before Sulla was born for battles he participated in?

Or is this just bait and I was silly enough to respond?

Let me guess, you are not educated enough to understand the blatantly obvious context in which chaeronea and orchomenus are mentioned, that being during the first mithridatic war, and instead quickly hopped on the wiki page about the regions to fish for an argument. Is that correct?

He wasn't based Marius

No greater friend, no worst enemy.

He let Pompey have his way.

>Post yfw Sulla wanted to have Julius Caesar killed as a boy because in him he "saw Marius"

He was angry, ANGRY AT MARIUS

>based Marius
>literally the guy who was responsible for Rome becoming Rome AND Rome's complete collapse through civil wars and unsustainable growth

Well he doesn't have a nose so I'd start with that.

Sulla is based, what are you talking about OP

>Marius is to blame
>Not Sulla for literally taking power by force and murdering all of his rivals just like Caesar and Augustus would do

Fuck off. Sulla created the precedence by taking an army to Rome.

In Caesar he was many a Marius

He wasn't able to outdo Marius' seven terms as consul so he made himself dictator

More needs to be shown of those two and while I stand with Marius I'm sure it would be easy to sympathize with Sulla if he was explored in fiction.

Fuck the senate, but props to Sulla for retiring like good old Cincinatus.

explain to me in language i understand

between him and sulla which one was chad and who was the virgin

>not the Grachii brothers for introducing mob violence in a much larger way to republican politics

>not the constantly growing inequality between plebians and patricians and the calcification of the oligarchy that really controlled things

They were both Chad but Marius cucked Sulla by dying before they could fight to find out who is the bigger Chad.

And same goes for Marius really. Which makes their conflict so interesting. Marius was right about many things until he pushed for the command in the east and his 7th consulship. While Sulla was right about many things until he started slaughtering civilians. Neither one of them was really the ultimate good guy or the ultimate bad guy.

Based.