"win" WW2

>"win" WW2
>horrible post war era, poverty and bad economy
>loses global player status and become almost irrelevant in world politics
>loses all colonies, not even an empire anymore

How could this happen? If you would only look at these results you would think the UK lost WW2. They're even worse off than Germany in the long run

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/worldnews/10961451/Israel-bombs-Gaza-as-crisis-escalates-with-more-Hamas-rocket-attacks-In-pictures.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>"win" WW2
I don't understand the quotation marks. They won ww2.

>horrible post war era, poverty and bad economy
The late 50's and 60's were actually a boom time, they just didn't grow as fast as west germany.

>loses global player status and become almost irrelevant in world politics
Inevitable considering how ridiculously powerful the US is, but they still held nuclear power and economic influence.

>loses all colonies, not even an empire anymore
Also inevitable, unless they wanted a decades long guerilla war in sierra leone or some shit. At least they let it go gently.

You also ignored the tremendous boom in British culture.

I just don't understand why they declared war on Germany in the first place.

Hitler had not initial desire to attack Britain

Because Britain didn't want a fascist dictatorship dominating their continent?

>Hitler had not initial desire to attack Britain
Imagine Hitler breaking a promise... I just can't!

>Because Britain didn't want a fascist dictatorship dominating their continent?
Yeah they feared to lose influence in Europe. UK was basicall power number 1 after WW1 and Germany ruling europe (or the whole world) wasn't in their interest. Ironically if they would have joined Axis (what Hitler wanted) and then won the war they would have probably ended up better.

>Imagine Hitler breaking a promise... I just can't!
Mhh, I get your point but if they actually would have joined Axis I don't think Hitler would have attacked them. Would have been as much as a friend as Italy and Japan, probably even more because Hitler admired the UK and always thought Germany and the UK being enemies throughout history was wrong.

The US and USSR may not have agreed on many things, but they both really disliked European colonialism.

Throw in the preexisting trend towards nationalism in the colonies and the British empire became economically and political unsustainable.

Fortunately, Britain was able to regroup as a financial center and standards of living are actually higher now than when they ruled the world.

>>horrible post war era, poverty and bad economy
No. Also Germany was absolutely buttfucked after WW2.
Britain obviously won the war and only revisionists say otherwise

Don't forget that most of the colonies were net losses, and were only acquired for purposes of power projection. With coal powered ships giving way to oi-fired engines, range increased dramatically, and most of those colonies, especially the ones in Africa, became completely worthless instead of mostly worthless necessary to keep hold of the actually valuable colonies.

>financial capital of the world to this day
>becomes a permanent member of the UN security council
>One of few nuclear powers
>4th most powerful military
No, WW2 went well for Britain

>Ironically if they would have joined Axis (what Hitler wanted) and then won the war they would have probably ended up better.

I mean no, they just would have been subservient to a genocidal group of racist murderers.

>Mhh, I get your point but if they actually would have joined Axis I don't think Hitler would have attacked them. Would have been as much as a friend as Italy and Japan, probably even more because Hitler admired the UK and always thought Germany and the UK being enemies throughout history was wrong.

Why would it ever possibly be in Britain's interest to join the Germans after they've broken every deal the UK gave them and insulted Versailles?

>Britain obviously won the war and only revisionists say otherwise
Literally the most mainstream and dull history articles on the internet, wikipedia, say that Britain had a very tough post war era. Obviously OP putting "win" in quotation marks is only meant to be a provoking joke playing on the FACT that the UK ended up in a worse state (in terms of power and relevance) than pre-war. You autistic mong

I can see your huge nose from here.

OK, stormfag. you've exposed yourself.

>say that Britain had a very tough post war era

Just like the Soviets, Germans and French. Only the UK had already recovered by 1955.

Are kids these days really this retarded?

>their continent
Except for Gibraltar they had nothing to do with the continent. They could have let it go into full barbary it wasn't their problem.

Are you really too retarded to understand why they didn’t allow an idealogically hostile regime to take over Europe?

Because a potentially aggressive superpower on your doorstep is a good idea.

>genocidal group of racist murderers.
Meanwhile in Gaza
telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/worldnews/10961451/Israel-bombs-Gaza-as-crisis-escalates-with-more-Hamas-rocket-attacks-In-pictures.html

OK, I never said I support Israel.

>went from the most powerful, best armed and culturally defining nation in europe to almost complete irrelevancy, comparable to mediocre countries like italy and turkey
>just a mere shadow of itself today, awful wages, living standart and economy compared to France and Germany
>WW2 went well for Britain :^)

I'm just saying it wasn't "their" continent at all. Besides, being an island is a huge protection, geographically and politically, see Taiwan.

Why are stormfags so stupid?

>went from the most powerful, best armed and culturally defining nation in europe to almost complete irrelevancy, comparable to mediocre countries like italy and turkey
I mean, Britain still had an economy above West Germany and France until the 60's.

>just a mere shadow of itself today, awful wages, living standart and economy compared to France and Germany
t. doesn't actually live in britain

Oh, nevermind, your measure of a nation's success is 'hur dur BIG army'

Literally didn't even read my post

>I mean no, they just would have been subservient to a genocidal group of racist murderers.
By joining Axis I don't mean to surrender like Netherlands or Denmark and then being a cooperative puppet state. I mean joining Axis or joining and alliance like Italy.

>Why would it ever possibly be in Britain's interest to join the Germans after they've broken every deal the UK gave them and insulted Versailles?
In this hypothetical scenario it would be in their interest because they shared same goals/values. Fascist UK wasn't THAT unrealistic considering king George and movements like Mosleys.

>I mean, Britain still had an economy above West Germany and France until the 60's.
Congratulations, they lasted 20 years until two nations who basically lost the war overran them.

>Oh, nevermind, your measure of a nation's success is 'hur dur BIG army'
Not sure about size but Germanys army is definetely in a worse state than the UKs. It doesn't matter here, Germany is above them in all aspects nowadays. Daily life for citizens and global politics.

As I understand it, India was literally the only reason the empire was worth having.

Everything else cost more to administer and defend than it was worth.

>Congratulations, they lasted 20 years until two nations who basically lost the war overran them.

And the Axis winning WW2 would have made this better?

It's almost like Britain won ww2 because it didn't end up being run by Genocidal anti-semitic fascists, not because they didnt have le big gdp

>Not sure about size but Germanys army is definetely in a worse state than the UKs. It doesn't matter here, Germany is above them in all aspects nowadays. Daily life for citizens and global politics.
Ok, Germany still lost ww2. their country was cut in half.

Britain is richer than France in per capita and GDP

France did the same so ...

They kept a lot of their colonies and built their own nuclear program.

>mentally ill frog spammer thread
Kek

Britain has spent a good chunk of the last 500 years trying to ensure that no power on the Continent ever broke the balance of power enough to threaten them.

paying off debts to the usa whilst also having the misfortune of being an anglophone society susceptible to their newfound judaic cultural degeneracy

>sacrifice your might, your whole empire, your position as the strongest country in the world to defeat the most terrifying evil in human history and defend the free world
>rest of the world marks you as its laughing stock because of the resentment and envy of the former empire
Fuck what anyone else says, WW2 Britain is my hero

DAS RITE

During thousands of years only the Romans and the French threatened them in first intention, basically they were never endangered... As long as they stayed quietly on their island of course, what they didn't do in 1940. They could have stay apart from the turpitude of the continent without any hitch.

>Charles V didn’t unite the Turk and the French
>ywn live in the timeline of Charles C

You are so fucking insecure it's hilarious.

>hitler was a racist genocider
>B-but Israel is too!

USA was the consensus world super power even before WW1.

No.

West Germany only surpassed UK in GDP because US was pumping Marshall money in them, and cancelled their debt, you fucktarded cretin.

Yes, you dumb fucktard. America had world's largest GDP after 1890's.

>Germany is above them in all aspects nowadays

In what fucking aspect, is your irrelevant Krautnigger country above Great Britain? I am listening.

The answer: Its not, you dumb fuck. Great Britain is still much more relevant. Krautniggers are only somehow relevant because they leech mone out of Eastern Europe and the entire EU, and because German economy was funded entirely by United states after WW2.

Stupid fucking Krautaboo filth.

Maybe you boys should pay attention in school. Also, you are allowed to read all of your history textbook.

Who are you talking to? Krautaboos?

What about Australia, and Canada? Why the fuck did UK granted them inependence, they should have keep them as their colonial posessions.

Not him, but Australia, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand, and maybe one or two others I'm forgetting weren't colonies, they were "Dominions" which was a separate legal standard. They were nominally independent even before the war.

being on the winning side isn't the same as winning, the relevant countries were the ones who dictated terms and created the post-war reality. Britain and France were no longer relevant

''They were nominally independent even before the war.''

And that was a mistake, they should have just incorporate those territories as part of their nation. Anglos logic was kinda retarded desu.

They gave up all those fucking lands without firing a shot, yet they were still willing to go to a fucking war for a fucking rock with Argentina in the 80's.

>They won ww2.

Or at least they were on da winning side

>I mean no, they just would have been subservient to a genocidal group of racist murderers.
Americans?

They fucking Won, and thats it.

Americans did not anihilated 60 millions white Europeans you fucktard.

>>Ironically if they would have joined Axis (what Hitler wanted) and then won the war they would have probably ended up better.
You mean, like the genocidal group of racist murderers who invented concentration camps to starve Boer children, shoot up and starve pajeets, etc.?

>Only the UK had already recovered by 1955.
The UK was still on rations in 1955, you autistic mong.

>Are you really too retarded to understand why they didn’t allow an idealogically hostile regime to take over Europe?
What are you talking about, "didn't allow"? The retarded bongs had no choice in the matter. They were too weak to stop it, no matter how much bluster nigels had.

No, it wasnt you autistic krautaboo. Uk fully recovered by 1949, while krautniggers only recovered thanks to marshal plann and operation bird dog.

They DID had choice in the matter, you spermgulping krautnigger.

And tgey did stop it, thanks to power of another Anglo country, USA.

Face it krautnigger. Its the anglos who rule the world and Europe now, not irrelevant krautniggers.

Uk did none of those things, you krautnigger. Its the germans who ruined Europe 2 times and muredered over 60 million white europeans.

No geopolitics is what stops Taiwan
England was invaded first by William and then Henry II then Henry tudour then Monmouth then William of Orange

>During thousands of years only the Romans and the French threatened them in first intention, basically they were never endangered...
You forgot they invited in the invaders in 1688 to occupy and rule, and basically the Americans were invited in to occupy in 1941 of course, else Shickelgruber might take that opportunity.

We also have our own nukes and still have colonies across the world
Shame about Malta tho

The US provided Marshall money to the UK as well, but they wasted it, unlike the Germans.

>man who’s mother was the kings sister and who has married the kings daughter who was invited by politicians and kept on a yoke is an invader

>German economy was funded entirely by United states after WW2.
You really are a retarded fuckwit.

Shut the fuck up, krautnigger. Americans did not occupied UK.

No, I am educated unlike you, you krautnigger.

Anglos basically allowed your country to prosper. Operation bird dog was a fact.

They did not wasted it. Germniggers had the plundered wealth of Europe, you autist.

>What about Australia, and Canada? Why the fuck did UK granted them inependence, they should have keep them as their colonial posessions.
The bongs did nothing to defend Australia, when the Japanese were threatening to invade and rape their women. The bongs had run and left them, and even attempted to commandeer Australian troops returning from the Mideast to defend their homes, and put them on garrison duty in Pooland, leaving Oz women to be raped. It was the US that was the guarantor of Oz security. How in the ever loving fuck could the retarded bongs make a claim on Australia after that?

>thanks to power of the USA.
That's right, you autistic fuckwit. The USA. Not Bongistan.

>It’s another ‘Stormfags try to start a circlejerk and out themselves early on’ thread

>No geopolitics is what stops Taiwan
Same with UK. Since it's hard to take by force they're most likely to have allies by their side. (intrusive allies since 1940)

y-yes

Not your own nukes if I'm correct.

No one came to save the UK from Nazi Germany in 1940 or Napoleon in 1812.

I love these threads because the only people more delusional then stormfags are the British. It is funny to see this level of cognitive dissonance.

>British join WW2
>lose their entire empire
>become American's bitch
>will be racially and culturally replaced by their former colonial slaves in a few more decades
>have their own WW2 vets admit "'This isn't the Britain we fought for"

BUT IT WAS GUD BOYZ

Britain got over twice the amount of aid through the Marshal plan as Germany did.

and in the end they were the losers.

>enslave 1/3 of the world
>starve millions of Indians/Asians to death
>destabilize the entire Middle East
>cause various never ending problems in their ex colonies such Burma between Muslims vs. Buddists
>backstab your French allies
>etc.

The Brits were as bad as the Nazis/Soviets.

The only good guys in WW2 are the Americans.

No we have our own nukes in the trident sub marines which are allowed to fire if the radio stops working

>kill chinks
>kill perfidious anglo
>kill kanker dutch
>implying the Japs weren't good guys

And you are whom

>black and chink face
>unironically

>And that was a mistake, they should have just incorporate those territories as part of their nation. Anglos logic was kinda retarded desu.

Most people of those nations wanted to be independent from England anyway due to the Brits fucking them around politically.

>see the Brits cucking Canada out of the Cascadia
>see general British fuckery in Australia
>lmao South Africa

Etc.

>>backstab your French allies
If you don’t hand over your fleet why not blow it up

holy shit whh are stormfags so delusional

even if we accept their theory that all migrants are here to rape us and steal our jobs, that still leaves 87% of the population British, with almost all migrants concentrated in London.

My county is 92% white, and the migrants we do have are incredibly polite fillipino people. They attend church more than anyone, and are wholely integrated into the community.

I’m not gonna play your bullshit game of hating immigrants, because once I do that, I fall into the trap of the discussion.

I’m sure you’ll respond with some shit like a sun article about pakis, but just fuck off, please.

>stormfags
Why is /leftyhis/ obsessed with stormfront now? I've never browsed the site in my life and barely anyone on this site has either.

Fitting of you to respond to that part of the post, tbfh.

I mean you said you're not interested in discussion so there's not much else to talk about.

And as a further note, not despising immigrants isn’t a left wing position. Your mind has just been fucking rotted by this website.

>allowed to fire if the radio stops working
f-fug please don't run out of batteries guys

I don't despise immigrants tho.

>If you would only look at these results you would think the UK lost WW2.
Britain lost WW2 in 1940 when the Germans broke through at Sedan and forced the BEF back to the channel. The fact that we didn't formally surrender like the French doesn't really make a difference to the fact that Britain had staked everything on the Battle of France, and it was a catastrophic defeat.

After that it was only a question of whether Britain would be a German satellite state of an American one. The deal Churchill made was pretty explicit: America would supply Britain with enough to keep the Germans at bay, and in return Britain would allow America to carve up the British empire and replace colonial governments with American-backed "democracies". Britain would also follow America's direction in international affairs. No matter what the terminology used, it was fundamentally an agreement to hand over the empire and make Britain itself an American protectorate. And Churchill took the deal because it was a choice between that and surrendering, in one way or another, to Nazi Germany. And if there's any doubt that Britain would have had to surrender to the Germans without American support, it should be noted that even with American support Britain still lost just about every important battle against the Germans that it was a significant part of (Greece/Crete, singapore, operation market garden. In fact el Alamein is the only British victory that springs to mind)

We should have had a revolution in 1940. We didn't need a change of prime minister, what we needed was for the entire government and senior military command to be lined up and shot.

Both of the posters I responded to apparently do, based on the pure shit they posted.

None of them set foot in UK. Based Channel.

Germniggers do not have nuclear weapons, you braindead fucktard. Uk does. Krautnigger economy and military is irrelevant.

I'm the same poster as one of them.

Which one?

Who posted the cartoon.